Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,420 members, 7,954,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:37 AM

How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? (1982 Views)

Ladies How Do You Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? / What Is The Most Hurtful Thing Someone Has Said To You / How Can You Deal With A Very Emotional Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by xynerise: 8:19pm On Apr 03, 2013
Sometimes we say hurtful words to our partner and it causes violence in the house. Some words we say can affect someone psychologically. Do you say hurtful words to your partner and how would you deal with it if a hurtful word was said to you?
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by Confirmbabe(f): 8:37pm On Apr 03, 2013
Yes, we all do. I'l jst ignore him n go 2 bed.
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by greedie1(f): 8:41pm On Apr 03, 2013
im not proud of it but very rarely wen im pushed to d edge, diplomacy flies out of the window and i say hurtful, damaging words
i always apologize and do my best to show that i didn't mean it... i do my best to make amends.

wen im d recipient of hurtful words, ofcz i hurt but i don't allow rage to cloud my reasoning. i analyze it, was it provocation? if yes, i forgive.
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 03, 2013
I JUST LOOK ON AND CHIP IN SOME JOKE WHERE NECESSARY
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by vivianc(f): 10:02pm On Apr 03, 2013
I'm not proud of it, I'm wired in a funny way. When I get angry, I talk, I fight and I argue and its gonna hurt u, but I don't mean any of those thing. That's not my way of fighting back. That's a way I express my love and passion for someone cos I could make a lot of trouble when I'm in love .
When someone I love hurts me, I don't fight back, I just talk and maybe cry, but when u hurt me and I don't talk or argue, then you should watch ur back, cos I'm definitely up to something not good.
So I guess my friends and family understand this aspect of me, and I know its bad and I'm trying to work on it so hard. They don't take it to heart and I sincerely apologise after.

When someone I love says hurtful things to me, I just cry. When s/he apologises, I forgive. Even if s/he doesn't apologise, I forgive. I cry and forgive easily.
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by xynerise: 10:23pm On Apr 03, 2013
vivian chinaza: I'm not proud of it, I'm wired in a funny way. When I get angry, I talk, I fight and I argue and its gonna hurt u, but I don't mean any of those thing. That's not my way of fighting back. That's a way I express my love and passion for someone cos I could make a lot of trouble when I'm in love .
When someone I love hurts me, I don't fight back, I just talk and maybe cry, but when u hurt me and I don't talk or argue, then you should watch ur back, cos I'm definitely up to something not good.
So I guess my friends and family understand this aspect of me, and I know its bad and I'm trying to work on it so hard. They don't take it to heart and I sincerely apologise after.

When someone I love says hurtful things to me, I just cry. When s/he apologises, I forgive. Even if s/he doesn't apologise, I forgive. I cry and forgive easily.
hmmm. Well, I sometimes say words like "Anumpama", "Ote" but I say it with a smile on my face but she frowns and I hug her and apologise. But when she says hurtful words to me, I playfully tell her to come outside and fight me and that is how we settle and apologise to each other. grin

1 Like

Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:34pm On Apr 03, 2013
xynerise:
hmmm. Well, I sometimes say words like "Anumpama", "Ote" but I say it with a smile on my face but she frowns and I hug her and apologise. But when she says hurtful words to me, I [b]playfully tell her to come outside and fight me an[/b]d that is how we settle and apologise to each other. grin
Agbero! She resemble dose guys for ya street wey u dey run gidigbo sessions wiv? Antelope!

1 Like

Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by xynerise: 10:42pm On Apr 03, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Agbero! She resemble dose guys for ya street wey u dey run gidigbo sessions wiv? Antelope!
Tesco grin. I be think say she be u tongue
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by vivianc(f): 10:53pm On Apr 03, 2013
xynerise:
hmmm. Well, I sometimes say words like "Anumpama", "Ote" but I say it with a smile on my face but she frowns and I hug her and apologise. But when she says hurtful words to me, I playfully tell her to come outside and fight me and that is how we settle and apologise to each other. grin

By my standard, those are no hurtful words.
But I'm just imagining a scenario where my man would ask me to come and fight him? Nah, just hugging won't do the magic, we would need to finish that fight inside our ring.
I just loved it when we fight, provided he would lift me up like a chicken while I shout in the air, grin I love that. Then, its not possible to stay mad at me for long plus I'd get so many goodies, and he gets to cook for me, or do anything to appease me. In fact, its boring when we don't fight biko. I would miss a lot. grin
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by MrCork17: 10:55pm On Apr 03, 2013
xynerise: Sometimes we say hurtful words to our partner and it causes violence in the house. Some words we say can affect someone psychologically. Do you say hurtful words to your partner and how would you deal with it if a hurtful word was said to you?

depends if she black or white..... backhand slap! angry

1 Like

Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by xynerise: 10:59pm On Apr 03, 2013
Mr..Cork:

depends if she black or white..... backhand slap! angry
grin. She is black. Antelope tongue
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by MrCork17: 11:01pm On Apr 03, 2013
xynerise:
grin. She is black. Antelope tongue

if she black...Double backhand slap plus 3% headbooot..they lack respect! angry

1 Like

Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by xynerise: 11:06pm On Apr 03, 2013
Mr..Cork:

if she black...Double backhand slap plus 3% headbooot..they lack respect! angry
Kid undecided
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by ashmanpolo: 11:23pm On Apr 03, 2013
Hurtful speeches are not inevitable even though they could dissipate the internal heats between both parties. Nonetheless, for the sake of love and the rigmaroles behind the driving force of this love, certain blickers form over our eyes when we here these speeches to a point that the only panacea to make peace reign in that house is to condone them and finally embrace your better half as long as he/she is prone to penitence.
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by chikk(f): 11:31pm On Apr 03, 2013
I WALK. I like happy atmospheres . If I stay there, I won't be happy neither will I make him happy.
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 04, 2013
ashmanpolo: Hurtful speeches are not inevitable even though they could dissipate the internal heats between both parties. Nonetheless, for the sake of love and the rigmaroles behind the driving force of this love, certain blickers form over our eyes when we here these speeches to a point that the only panacea to make peace reign in that house is to condone them and finally embrace your better half as long as he/she is prone to penitence.
Oyibo!

Woman never abuse you before. I am not talking about the normal get out, you are stupid, foolish man, useless man etc cos there are hurtful words you will hear from a bad woman that either tell your true life story in a damaging manner or maybe your extended family being ridiculed!

Most romance section ladies indeed got that attributes.
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by Mynd44: 6:26am On Apr 04, 2013
I have a problem and to the best of my knowledge, I have solved it. I have a very wicked tongue and I have a way of saying really hurtful things but I have learnt to keep my mouth shut when I am angry. I just shut up and watch whoever is doing the talking and tell myself it is not worth it.

Later, I might then decide to call whoever it is to talk about what happened but right then, it is me shutting my mouth

1 Like

Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by Ishilove: 6:34am On Apr 04, 2013
Mynd_44: I have a problem. I have a very wicked tongue and I have a way of saying really hurtful things
Na so. No be today we know sey you get bad mouth. grin

1 Like

Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by Mynd44: 6:37am On Apr 04, 2013
Ishilove:
But I don learn to padlock am na.
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by Popowaa: 7:36am On Apr 04, 2013
When someone close to me says hurtful things to me i breakdown and cry or withdraw into my shell.I've got a very foul mouth when i'm angry so i try hard not to get angry often cos i when utter those words it take's long for the person to talk to me even after i have apologised.
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by xynerise: 9:57am On Apr 04, 2013
Ishilove:
It have tay
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 04, 2013
Cant remember the Question, but Beer is the Answer cool
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by Nnekacherry: 12:50pm On Apr 04, 2013
I will ignore the person..
I dont know how to shout and rant..
I cant even do it even if i wanted to..
So there is no point in trying..

And funny enough, s/he will be the one to come back and apologise...
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by Mynd44: 2:51pm On Apr 04, 2013
xynerise:
It have tay
Who asked you?
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by xynerise: 3:49pm On Apr 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
Who asked you?
your ex undecided
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by BeautfulB(f): 5:04pm On Apr 04, 2013
I ignore dem, or listen to music with ear-piece undecided
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by xynerise: 5:12pm On Apr 04, 2013
Beautful.B:
I ignore dem, or listen to music with ear-piece undecided
that will make him punch your ear undecided
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by Mynd44: 5:32pm On Apr 04, 2013
xynerise:
your ex undecided
Have fun with her. She is a witch
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by Mynd44: 5:35pm On Apr 04, 2013
xynerise:
You too like violence
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by BeautfulB(f): 5:37pm On Apr 04, 2013
xynerise:

Den I bite he's pen*nisgringrin

D last time I did it,he ended up pleading 4 4gvness.
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by Mynd44: 5:42pm On Apr 04, 2013
[quote author=Beautful.B]

Den I kiss he's pen*nisgringrin

D last time I did it,he ended up pleading 4 4gvness.[/quote
gringringrin]
Re: How Would You Deal With Hurtful Speeches In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 04, 2013
I have an unbelievable immunity to words for my mouth is ever ready to defend me against unwanted spewings.I have never had any need to use hurtful words on my man as he thinks carefully before he speaks(A man careless with speech might have commited suicide living with me).When I get too pissed,I simply tune to mute instead of verbally abusing my mAn.I speak only when am calm enough to articulate reasonable speeches.

For the tender hearted,verbal abuse should be avoided at all cost as some might never recover from a bout of tongue lashing.Silence is always better than multiple hurtful words when it comes to man/woman relationships.

(1) (2) (Reply)

15 Things A Girl Wants From Her Guy But Won't Ask For / The 10 Laws Of Dating For Men / Dating A Wowoh Gal: The Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.