Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? (1913 Views)

Man Proposes To His Girlfriend In Egbeda Market In Lagos (photo) / The Trick I Used On My Girlfriend In Order To Know She's Been Cheating On Me / How To Get Your Girlfriend In The Mood In 30 Seconds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by Symphony007: 9:00pm On Jul 08, 2013
Hello, recently i decided to rent an off camp apartment to stay in and incidentally my girlfriend too is looking for an apartment as she could'nt find hostel space. She is now on my neck, insisting that we add up our money, rent an apartment and live together. I am strongly against it because, i think it's just not right. We've never been intimate, i want it to stay that way but it will be next to impossible achieving that while staying together, plus if my parents find out i'm living with a girl, disappiontment will be a understatement for them, and if her parents find out, they'll tag me irresponsible. But all these arguement is'nt flying with my girl, she's readong some crazy undertones to my refusal like i want freedom to cheat. Rather my continous refusal is already cracking up the relationship and i can't bear a breakup. So please, what do you think? Am i overeacting by not going through with it? Or should i stick to my guns?
Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by Godson201333(m): 9:12pm On Jul 08, 2013
Yes you can stay with your girl but stay away from her punnnani
Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by Kirinwa: 9:14pm On Jul 08, 2013
No responsible girl will do that.Wait o.There's a saying, show me your friend and I will tell you who you are. Yes,op it seems the only consideration is what her parents and yours will say.What are your moral values? I don't want to come here in 6 months to see a thread like, please advise me I impregnated my girlfriend. cheesy
Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by Kirinwa: 9:16pm On Jul 08, 2013
Godson201333: Yes you can stay with your girl but stay away from her punnnani

How possible? undecided
Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by mideeniafe(f): 9:19pm On Jul 08, 2013
Godson201333: Yes you can stay with your girl but stay away from her punnnani
Like that's possible. Please be real.

@OP....It's not right. Don't!!! No offense, but your babe sounds like the irresponsible type to me.
Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:21pm On Jul 08, 2013
U no want free puccy?
Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by Jglad(f): 10:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
Stand by ur word n explain tinz 2 her. If she values wat u guys share den she wil see reasons wit U
Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by Kirinwa: 10:46pm On Jul 08, 2013
'mide eniafe:

@OP....It's not right. Don't!!! No offense, but your babe sounds like the irresponsible type to me.
Good one from a lady.
Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by Kirinwa: 10:47pm On Jul 08, 2013
Jglad: Stand by ur word n explain tinz 2 her. If she values wat u guys share den she wil see reasons wit U

Nice one from another lady.Case closed.There's hope for our generation.
Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by Cholls(m): 11:09pm On Jul 08, 2013
My guy follow your lead and if that yeye girl disturbs or threaten your relationship...Wat da f*** let her go. I can assure you that the energy you use in trying to make your relationship work...if u transfer that same energy into your studies you will b in distinction fact

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by Symphony007: 11:22pm On Jul 08, 2013
'mide eniafe:

i can understand why you think like that but she is not irresponsible. Infact, her genius and sensibility is what attracted me to her. But i don't know why she wants to allow this issue destroy that narrative myself and everyone else has of her, girls are really weird.
Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by Symphony007: 11:25pm On Jul 08, 2013
Cholls: My guy follow your lead and if that yeye girl disturbs or threaten your relationship...Wat da f*** let her go. I can assure you that the energy you use in trying to make your relationship work...if u transfer that same energy into your studies you will b in distinction fact
i really understand your arguement and i'm very gratefull but there must be something i can do to change her mind and still preserve our relationship because, she is very important to me. Both emotionally and acardemically.
Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by bknight: 11:37pm On Jul 08, 2013
Symphony007: ...But all these arguement is'nt flying with my girl, she's readong some crazy undertones to my refusal like i want freedom to cheat. Rather my continous refusal is already cracking up the relationship and i can't bear a breakup...

Many girls will result to anything to have plans go her way. Its human nature. Most times, they'd use emotional tactics to achieve it like in this case. Why can't you bear a break-up? Man up son!

It is called trial marriage. Both of u will live together like a couple. But will money for the 'home' be from u constantly as man of the house? Inn other words, your monthly allowance will always finish faster or do u work/financially independent? Anyhow you look at it...

Or should i stick to my guns?

Go shopping for more: AK, Uzzi, RPG etc. Get a 'I'm not smiling' military-type dark shade. Or of course, give in to her, then years later you'd see ur folly yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by 50calibre(m): 12:10am On Jul 09, 2013
Symphony007: Hello, recently i decided to rent an off camp apartment to stay in and incidentally my girlfriend too is looking for an apartment as she could'nt find hostel space. She is now on my neck, insisting that we add up our money, rent an apartment and live together. I am strongly against it because, i think it's just not right. We've never been intimate, i want it to stay that way but it will be next to impossible achieving that while staying together, plus if my parents find out i'm living with a girl, disappiontment will be a understatement for them, and if her parents find out, they'll tag me irresponsible. But all these arguement is'nt flying with my girl, she's readong some crazy undertones to my refusal like i want freedom to cheat. Rather my continous refusal is already cracking up the relationship and i can't bear a breakup. So please, what do you think? Am i overeacting by not going through with it? Or should i stick to my guns?

Lolss i love NL. You have a girlfriend but you guys aren't intimate? op you don't have a girlfriend, you have a friend who is a girl.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by Nobody: 1:01am On Jul 09, 2013
I really don't know what to say. Op, for the sake of your peace of mind and sanity, don't agree! You rily don't want anything to tamper with your bachelorhood for now. Try and alleviate her fears about you cheating and all dt. Also, stop the "I cannot do without her syndrome"....she's started using you already. Or why would she allow an issue as simple as this blow up into a near-breakup Be a man, take your stand, trust me, she'll calm down! cool

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by Kirinwa: 2:34am On Jul 09, 2013
50calibre:

Lolss i love NL. You have a girlfriend but you guys aren't intimate? op you don't have a girlfriend, you have a friend who is a girl.

He has a girlfriend not a wife. Sleeping with a girl who is not your wife is ABOMINABLE.

8 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by kokoA(m): 3:48am On Jul 09, 2013
Are you a learner? Don't agree jare, she go block your chances for other runs, you won't even have your personal time for wancking.. Smh. Trust me, you'd be a sad man when you discover knacked only one girl all through your university life. Help her get her own place, she can be coming for weekends occasionally.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by Ivynwa(f): 3:52am On Jul 09, 2013
You are still in school, better to live separately and concentrate in your schooling so that you can graduate well and have a nice future. You sounded like you already know the right thing to do so don't let others make you change your mind.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by Nobody: 3:59am On Jul 09, 2013
Reminds me of uniben,and hw nt getting a hostel space can lead to cohabiting.

@op. Dont! You owe her a lot morally. You need to guide her to the truth. Body no be fireword . Y nt look for a female frnd and hook her up outside camp. Atleast,till she gets an accomodation. Try ur possible best to get ur msg across in the most romantic way.

Keep it up bro..let it stay that way,nothing spoil.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by Nobody: 4:47am On Jul 09, 2013
Op is it just for the semester?
Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by Symphony007: 6:49am On Jul 09, 2013
50calibre:

wow!! Stunning to know your definition of a girlfriend is a intimacy machine.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by Smartiegurl(f): 6:59am On Jul 09, 2013
Stick to your decision hun, and believe me you will never regret it.
Any attempt to live with her will bring you to your downfall, because somehow one thing will lead to another. #read between lines#

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by cycline404(m): 7:12am On Jul 09, 2013
Symphony007: plus if my parents find out i'm living with a girl, disappiontment will be a understatement for them, and if her parents find out, they'll tag me irresponsible. But all these arguement is'nt flying with my girl, she's readong some crazy undertones to my refusal like i want freedom to cheat. Rather my continous refusal is already cracking up the relationship and i can't bear a breakup. So please, what do you think? Am i overeacting by not going through with it? Or should i stick to my guns?

Well;
1. You are scared.
2. You are next to imposibilities if you stay with her
3. Your grade has been but under a very low bechma bechma
4. Is it what they will say or what you want
5. Men think it twice, you cant eat ur cake and have it.
6. Dont let her use the power of woman on u saying u want a freedom to cheat.
7. If all things fall apart u went home with a low grade, i av a friend that such happens to; Man she will be the first to blame u and go with a bobo that has a good grade.
8. Think it once not twice that it is capital NO

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by Temismith(f): 7:15am On Jul 09, 2013
Dosnt shr have other female frends she can squat with? Or cant she look for another female friend of hers to take an apartment with? Bros, say no and stand by it. If u give d devil a step, he will take a mile!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by try69: 7:19am On Jul 09, 2013
You say being with her helps ur academic growth? How nice..If you two are up to 24, stay together and know each other better..you can even practice ur self control better when u guys are together..what is control without temptation? When you get out of school, you would understand me better..nothing beats a good school relationship - you would end up marrying your best friend.

I'm not surprised some ladies here are advising u otherwise, most believe after school, after noticing the "good girl" they have been, the man of a girl's dreams would walk up her parents door and ask their hand in marriage. I am an advocate of thorough friendship b4 wedlock.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by OCTAVO: 7:39am On Jul 09, 2013
try69: You say being with her helps ur academic growth? How nice..If you two are up to 24, stay together and know each other better..you can even practice ur self control better when u guys are together..what is control without temptation? When you get out of school, you would understand me better..nothing beats a good school relationship - you would end up marrying your best friend.

I'm not surprised some ladies here are advising u otherwise, most believe after school, after noticing the "good girl" they have been, the man of a girl's dreams would walk up her parents door and ask their hand in marriage. I am an advocate of thorough friendship b4 wedlock.
What you are advocating is not thorough friendship but thorough cohabitation!
@Op, do the honourable thing!
Premarital cohabitation is wrong!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by bknight: 7:40am On Jul 09, 2013
Or you can play it this way:

Pay the full rent all by yourself. Then she can stay with you. It will take away maybe alot of the threats she poses.

Symphony007: ...it's just not right. We've never been intimate, i want it to stay that way but it will be next to impossible achieving that while staying together,

Dazzall pls.
Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by try69: 7:50am On Jul 09, 2013
OCTAVO:
See how the word "thorough cohabitation" doesn't make sense?
Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by Princesszoe: 8:39am On Jul 09, 2013
OCTAVO:
YOU ARE SIMPLY THE BEST. IMMORALITY IS BECOMING A "NO SIN" ANY MORE. HOW CAN A YOUNG MAN COHABIT WITH A GIRL? WHERE IS THE ACT OF DECENCY IN THIS? PLEASE OP DO NOT COHABIT WITH AN OPPOSITE SEX. A LOT OF THINGS ARE BOUND TO HAPPEN SUCH AS;LUSTING AFTER HER, BEHOLDING HER PRIVATE BODIES WHICH MAY CAPTURE YOU,OVER SPENDING WHICH MIGHT MAKE A THIEF AND A LIER(LYING TO YOUR PARENTS ABOUT AN AMOUNT OF MONEY TO PAY FOR A THING THAT DOES NOT EXIST WHEREAS YOU NEEDED IT TO CATER FOR THE GIRL'S DEMANDING),ROMANCES, CARASSESS, FORNICATION,PREGNANCY, MURDER(ABORTION). PLEASE DO NOT COHABIT.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 09, 2013
try69: You say being with her helps ur academic growth? How nice..If you two are up to 24, stay together and know each other better..you can even practice ur self control better when u guys are together..what is control without temptation? When you get out of school, you would understand me better..nothing beats a good school relationship - you would end up marrying your best friend.

so u have to hold a burning coal to knw if it burns?
Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by OCTAVO: 9:25am On Jul 09, 2013
chidyhels:
so u have to hold a burning coal to knw if it burns?
I wonder o.
Re: Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? by Cholls(m): 9:52am On Jul 09, 2013
Symphony007: i really understand your arguement and i'm very gratefull but there must be something i can do to change her mind and still preserve our relationship because, SHE IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME. BOTH EMOTIONALLY AND ACADEMICALLY.

The bolded really explains to me who you our. You don't need to tell me about who you our at the moment and I don't need to say much.

My final say on these matter
I know to be useful and to be happy is the concern of youth. That is why Solomon in the Book of Ecclesiastes said: "Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth"
Why do you have to put all that you our on human? Don't ever put your trust or happiness on man they will break your heart the moment you least expect it. If you are to find happiness you are to remember our Creator In the days of your youth because He is responsible for your youth(Ecc. 11:96).
So my guy she can never make you happy WHY? Is because. To leave God out of your life is to miss the road to true happiness. Allow God to come into your life in order that your happiness will be full. God is the end in the search for happiness.

IT YOUR CHOICE SO PICK WISELY MY GUY

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend / How Can I Fall In Love Again?????please Help / Her Married Boyfriend Withdrew All Her Money Via ATM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.