Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. (93701 Views)

Captured On Our Streets By A Foreign Lens, Images that shamed Britain !!!! / Britain Gives The Go Ahead To Murder Ghaddafi / Should Great Britain Hand Back The Falklands Over To Argentina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by 2legit2qwt: 2:11am On Apr 04, 2013
MacLovington: .

Talking like a political science student. A medic for example would know from reading journals what reasearch is going on in French Iniversities.

Anyway for Americans and America-influenced people, nothing happens anywhere else.....even trying to rob the French of HIV discovery...lol

Apart from the very top american unis, the rest just just measure. Because students I met hee in the UK on exchange even from Emory where rather ignorantb despite the so-called general education.
American universities focus more on building a well rounded individual while the British counterparts are usually specific from the start. It could be good or bad depending on how you view it.

Back to op,

Please move back to Naija, we don't pay bills here and you can always stay with an uncle without paying the bills or sharing the rent payment grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 2:13am On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:
LOOOOOOOL

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Uncles chasing dem thangs under young chics' skirts... grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by MacLovington(m): 2:13am On Apr 04, 2013
coogar:

with the course he read, he could have stayed and he would have made that within few years. now that he's back in naija, what has he achieved in 3 yrs? how can a chemical engineer leave a promising career path to face unemployment in nigeria. i see two things here - it's either he graduated with a rubbish grade or he has a criminal record in the UK that prevented him from getting good jobs.

He could have topped it up with a biochemical engineering degree at UCL or a related course at Imperial. Even one of those Petroleum MScs at Aberdeen would have been a good move before rushing back home.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by abiL(f): 2:13am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

So, you have started linking uncles from NL, yeah?? undecided

Not just uncles.. Fathers && Grandpas!

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 2:14am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Uncles chasing dem thangs under young chics' skirts... grin
Uncles are the worst grin grin grin grin grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 2:15am On Apr 04, 2013
2legit2qwt:
American universities focus more on building a well rounded individual while the British counterparts are usually specific from the start. It could be good or bad depending on how you view it.

Back to op,

Please move back to Naija, we don't pay bills here and you can always stay with an uncle without paying the bills or sharing the rent payment grin

I disagree with the bolded... UK universities focus on the tools you need to survive in the real world and they also teach students critical thinking methods and problem solving skills... Straight, direct, and very useful...
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 2:16am On Apr 04, 2013
coogar:

with the course he read, he could have stayed and he would have made that within few years. now that he's back in naija, what has he achieved in 3 yrs? how can a chemical engineer leave a promising career path to face unemployment in nigeria. i see two things here - it's either he graduated with a rubbish grade or he has a criminal record in the UK that prevented him from getting good jobs.

I don't know and I don't intend to know. I have asked him to come to the U.S to do his Master but he said no. His whole family back there in London. He came from a very well to do background and the dad died in 2009. I know he does have some cash to burn and a very good house to stay. I know he is just cherry-picking jobs.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 2:17am On Apr 04, 2013
abiL:

Happy belated birthday!!!!!!

Is one of the nice gifts a dîldo?! lipsrsealed
LMAO! Nah,that wudda been nice though.

I hope d info isn't about my boo, that chapter shudda been dead and buried but my eyes are itching, u know how much I like gist oo grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by tellwisdom: 2:17am On Apr 04, 2013
2legit2qwt:
I'll send you 5p if you currently have electricity grin grin

I'm jk lipsrsealed
For real bro-got loads of these drinks enuff to pay these guy's bills. So people still suffer?? angry

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 2:17am On Apr 04, 2013
abiL:
Not just uncles.. Fathers && Grandpas!

Damn!! You need them uncles and their massive bellies can't work that thing the right way... That thing that thing that thingggggggggg...
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by coogar: 2:17am On Apr 04, 2013
2legit2qwt: Truth be told, Britain sucks and i can never imagine why people live there or how they survive lipsrsealed lipsrsealed One way traffic everywhere, parallel parking sh1t, narrow azz roads, and the crazy taxes

i know it sucks but i wouldn't trade it for any other place apart from nigeria.
the fact that a lot of people are clueless about the way things work in britain makes it super attractive!

MacLovington: .
He could have topped it up with a biochemical engineering degree at UCL or a related course at Imperial. Even one of those Petroleum MScs at Aberdeen would have been a good move before rushing back home.

thank God for people like him. without him some of us wouldn't be successful. grin

payless:
I don't know and I don't intend to know. I have asked him to come to the U.S to do his Master but he said no. His whole family back there in London. He came from a very well to do background and the dad died in 2009. I know he does have some cash to burn and a very good house to stay. I know he is just cherry-picking jobs.

he should become a landlord and veer into business.......
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 2:18am On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:
Uncles are the worst grin grin grin grin grin

I hope they haven't started chirpsing you as well... grin

Well, they ain't got my tekkers, though... tongue
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by MacLovington(m): 2:19am On Apr 04, 2013
Prof Corruption:

lol. Are you going to win a Nobel for discovering HIV? It seems you are trying to console yourselves!

I am a Nigerian, not an American!

Nobel prize is no priority but helping people everyday is. But it doesn't hurt to have been tutored by Nobel laureates.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 2:19am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

I hope they haven't started chirpsing you as well... grin

Well, they ain't got my tekkers, though... tongue
lipsrsealed
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 2:19am On Apr 04, 2013
Nigerians just suffering in foreign countries. grin Dem go come pose here like say...

The UK is quite expensive to be honest, the bills people are quoting here appear to me to be from another planet. It costs about $19 every 3 months for water, $90/month for gas in the bitterest of winters (my house is 2 floors, a basement, 3 bedrooms and 2 baths) and as low as $20 in the summer when i dont use it that much.
Cable - $100, phone and internet - $66.

Do the folks in the UK live on a gold planet? 800 pounds on heat shocked
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by abiL(f): 2:20am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

Damn!! You need them uncles and their massive bellies can't work that thing the right way... That thing that thing that thingggggggggg...

Ewwwwww... You disgust me!

---------------------------------------------------------

Back to the topic...

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 2:20am On Apr 04, 2013
coogar:

i know it sucks but i wouldn't trade it for any other place apart from nigeria.
the fact that a lot of people are clueless about the way things work in britain makes it super attractive!

Have you ever been to U.S or Canada?
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 2:21am On Apr 04, 2013
abiL:

Back to the topic...
Hahahahahahahahahahagahagaha
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 2:22am On Apr 04, 2013
abiL:

Back to the topic...

Skyping is the topic!! We want skype!! We want skype!! We want skype!!
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by abiL(f): 2:23am On Apr 04, 2013
Shollypopz:
LMAO! Nah,that wudda been nice though.

I hope d info isn't about my boo, that chapter shudda been dead and buried but my eyes are itching, u know how much I like gist oo grin

Hahaha radio nairaland.

I'm not going to disclose anything now, or give you a hint, but the info is juicy. Kind of. Lol

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by coogar: 2:23am On Apr 04, 2013
payless:
Have you ever been to U.S or Canada?

swamp of piss - i can never stay in those places.

davidylan: Nigerians just suffering in foreign countries. grin Dem go come pose here like say...

The UK is quite expensive to be honest, the bills people are quoting here appear to me to be from another planet. It costs about $19 every 3 months for water, $90/month for gas in the bitterest of winters (my house is 2 floors, a basement, 3 bedrooms and 2 baths) and as low as $20 in the summer when i dont use it that much.
Cable - $100, phone and internet - $66.

Do the folks in the UK live on a gold planet? 800 pounds on heat shocked

cable is around £90 per month(sky full option + ESPN)
land phone/broadband internet(around £40/month)
electricity/gas(£400-£500 quarterly)
landphone(£100-£120 line rental quarterly)

then there's rent, council tax, road tax, mobile phones, TV license, car insurance and various miscellaneous added to all that. mind you, what you are paying in 3 bedroom house in america monthly is what majority pay for a one bed apartment in the capital. it's crazy but i love it.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 2:23am On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:
Hahahahahahahahahahagahagaha

Which unis did you choose on your ucas thing? And any unconditional offers yet??
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 2:24am On Apr 04, 2013
davidylan: Nigerians just suffering in foreign countries. grin Dem go come pose here like say...
Just because u're suffering doesn't mean everyone is.......like d way u posed on here wiv the picture u took in the snow, bush man!

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 2:24am On Apr 04, 2013
tellwisdom:
Oh no, this is what I hate.angry..A gurl that can't even afford a sandal for herself using using slangs for me.. Ok I forgive u angry
Should I laugh at this ?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by abiL(f): 2:25am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

Skyping is the topic!! We want skype!! We want skype!! We want skype!!

Can you afford to charge your laptop?!
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by MacLovington(m): 2:25am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

I disagree with the bolded... UK universities focus on the tools you need to survive in the real world and they also teach students critical thinking methods and problem solving skills... Straight, direct, and very useful...

You can even select some elective modules to widen your scope.

I did modules in film, Italian and Spanish even though my degree had no business with the arts or social science.

So this story of moulding rounded individual is just hype. A 3rd year Emory student said he has never heard of a country called Ghana. A history graduate from Seattle never heard of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 2:25am On Apr 04, 2013
Shollypopz:
Just because u're suffering doesn't mean everyone is.......like d way u posed on here wiv the picture u took in the snow, bush man!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by abiL(f): 2:27am On Apr 04, 2013
Shollypopz:

Hahahahaha dead!

Where's the picture??!!

Common snow??... Bush-pig! Olodo boy!
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 2:27am On Apr 04, 2013
coogar:

swamp of piss - i can never stay in those places.
Shut up!
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by sandysprax(m): 2:27am On Apr 04, 2013
Who the Bleep says we don't pay bills here in naija? We use prepaid meters here in Abuja and shit is expensive as hell, not to mention the ever rising cost of DSTV Subscription.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Iyaqueen(f): 2:27am On Apr 04, 2013
Child care ie a mortage, Bills is killing.

I live in North Carolina. It is not easy anywhere in the U.S either. I paid $238 for gas and $79 dollars for elecricity for the month of March alone. Some times, I pay more than that. Water is $17 per month. If you want to live well, you have to pay well. That is the difference when compared to Nigeria. It is just not easy paying all these bills whether you are in Britain or U.S. What about day care for two kids? Add $230X2 per week for two kids. [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (157) (Reply)

"It Means I Won" - Trump Reacts To Georgian Governor's Tweet / Two Kenyan Government Staff In Sex Act. Photo Goes Viral / This Picture Will Change Your View About Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.