Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,197 members, 7,825,756 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? (4436 Views)

See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) / I See The Feb 14 Polls Between Buhari And Jonathan! So Choose One / Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 3:22am On Apr 04, 2013
Greetings all,

I am new to Nairaland, I just joined today. I've noticed that many Nigerians have very few good things to say about President Jonathan. I understand he has his faults and all, but he's a better leader than most African leaders.

I just don't understand why you HATE him so much. Please help me understand.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Tigerhead: 3:41am On Apr 04, 2013
Aside from my natural skepticism about "new" nairalanders, no one hates GEJ. The haters here are not people really.

They are members of the Axis of Evil , a collection of failed and frustrated politicians and their supporters. They failed to win national elections in 2011, won some local elections and wish they were national. Mostly though they are just blood sucking fools.

Nairaland seems to be a place were reality is suspended, the longer you stay here the more the Axis of Evil will expose themselves for the evil doers they are.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 3:47am On Apr 04, 2013
Tigerhead: Aside from my natural skepticism about "new" nairalanders, no one hates GEJ. The haters here are not people really.

They are members of the Axis of Evil , a collection of failed and frustrated politicians and their supporters. They failed to win national elections in 2011, won some local elections and wish they were national. Mostly though they are just blood sucking fools.

Nairaland seems to be a place were reality is suspended, the longer you stay here the more the Axis of Evil will expose themselves for the evil doers they are.

Although I found your post to be extremely confusing, thanks for your answer.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Tigerhead: 4:00am On Apr 04, 2013
In plain terms, this forum in general and this board in particular is in the main where the opposition (they are opposition because they LOST elections) gather. Why the virulent hate campaign? It is the nature of Islamic tinged politics. It is the online equivalent of suicide bombings.

They don't know any better its just part of their nature - vindictive, violent and sadistic.

MissRaissa:

Although I found your post to be extremely confusing, thanks for your answer.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by OurYansh: 4:09am On Apr 04, 2013
MissRaissa: Greetings all,

I am new to Nairaland, I just joined today. I've noticed that many Nigerians have very few good things to say about President Jonathan. I understand he has his faults and all, but he's a better leader than most African leaders.

You're new to nairaland, are you also new to Nigeria??

Are you blind to the cluelessness and senselessness exhibited by Mr. President on a regular basis??

Abeg park your keke Napep for one side joor!!

You just want make people come yab presido for this thread...

angry

13 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by okosodo: 6:01am On Apr 04, 2013
Rephrase your question to, why do hausa people hate jonathan soo much?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Omexonomy: 6:31am On Apr 04, 2013
okosodo: Rephrase your question to, why do hausa people hate jonathan soo much?
to the yoruba people they see it as the birth right of an hausa or fulani man to rule nigeria forever hence the slave mentality to the norther. Most of the insult you read on nairaland are coming from the yoruba people (slave).
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by eggheaders(m): 6:44am On Apr 04, 2013
many nigerians think he is going to be a break from the norm of our evil past leaders.but like Samson they are so wrong with is Delilah style of deceit.first it was his foolish way of handling the 2010 independence day bomb blast.the new year subsidy removal gift,I don't give a damn to declaration of assets, 1million for eating per day,inability to control is uncultured wife,retaining incompetent dolts in his cabinet diezani,oteh and so on.abetting and silent approval of corruption I.e kid glove handling of subsidy thieves, pardoning a master convict like alams,with increment in electricity tariff with no insignificant improvement,clueless way of handling the insecurity matter.I can go on and on.but with this and many more Nigerians are tired of his cluelessness and only fuccktard ethnic bigots and turncoats paid low lifes still see anything good in this gross failure called gej.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by BlackEmperorX: 6:48am On Apr 04, 2013

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 6:48am On Apr 04, 2013
@op you were right when you said Jonathan is better than many ofAfrica's presidos. But i still want to know why you said so. People criticise jonathan becos leaders are criticized by their followers. I am not a fan of GEJ neither am i a fan of the PDP. But as time went on, i started seeing the good side of him and his wife.
Nigerians are so frustrated so they just expect someone to change evry thing over night.

BTW, where are you from?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by eggheaders(m): 6:52am On Apr 04, 2013
Omexonomy: to the yoruba people they see it as the birth right of an hausa or fulani man to rule nigeria forever hence the slave mentality to the norther. Most of the insult you read on nairaland are coming from the yoruba people (slave).

skunkbrain dumbskull.how pathetic and foolish will nitwit like you go with this your ethnic blindness foolish rants.so non ijaw niger deltans criticizing the president too are doing so cause of hatred for the drunken fisherman.I really need y'all tied up a stake and set y'all ablaze.cause with mentality like this of y'all brainless andriods this nation will forever remain in the woods.last time I checked,poverty in the land don't spare any of the country ethnic nationality.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 04, 2013
okosodo: Rephrase your question to, why do hausa people hate jonathan soo much?
the question should be why did igbo and ijaw hate yar'adua for no just cause? They even jubilated when hee died like he stole all of the money meant for Enugu state.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by joeyfire(m): 6:57am On Apr 04, 2013
GEJ is a continuation of the pdp curse so he is bound to be the focus of hate. However he is specially disliked becaused he campaigned on the back of being a nobody and "kid without shoes" and he rules like the cabal before him. Only this time he is the first "weak" president

Of course the hatred is also fueled by the relentless campaign by his opponents in the north and their allies in the south west

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by kutchs: 7:11am On Apr 04, 2013
No! Nigerians dont hate GEJ so much, only scumbags do.
Real and sincere Nigerians know and appreciate the challenges and difficulties the man is unfortunate to face and also know he‘s making concerted efforts to make meaning of the mess called Nigeria.
Like someone said above, the scumbags have been frustrated by past govts that they expect GEJ to work miracles, unfortunately for them GEJ have refused to be the magician they want cos the hate.
Personally I think and know GEJ will succeed.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Demdem(m): 7:13am On Apr 04, 2013

Newbie, I can only speak for myself.
I don't hate the retardeen. He is definately q wonderful father, husband, teacher etc however as regards governance he sucks. As it was in bayelsa, so it is today. I only hate the stupidity and foolishness he brings to governance. In the absence of this, he his my man.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by naptu2: 7:20am On Apr 04, 2013
I don't think Nigerians "hate" Jonathan. It's just in our nature to vigorously criticise our leaders. Apart from Murtala Muhammed (who didn't rule for long), I don't think any Nigerian Head of State has escaped this level of criticism.

It's also possible that it seems extreme because more people have access to the internet and it's easier for people to pass across their views.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by naptu2: 7:33am On Apr 04, 2013
Obasanjo (1976-1979 & beyond) - "big fat stomach", "northern stooge", "killed his wife", "oil money is missing", "used juju to swear an oath in court", etc.

Shagari - "idiot", "grade 2 teacher", "incompetent".

Buhari - "ruthless dictator", "52 suitcases".

Babangida - "maradona", "homosexual", "richest man in the world", "drug trafficker", "cocaine addict", "evil genius".

Abacha - "ruthless dictator", "ritualist", "stupid", "retarded", "slow", "daft" (although a unilag professor asked "if Abacha is stupid and he is the ruler of Nigerians, what does that make Nigerians" )

Abdulsalam - ok, Abdulsalam didn't rule for long.

Obasanjo (1999-2007) - "womaniser", "very corrupt", "extremely stubborn".

Goodluck Jonathan - "retarded", "daft", "slow".

So you can see, most heads of state of nigeria have had their fair share of criticism/personal attacks and the next head of state, if he rules for a long time, will probably have his own share of criticism/attacks.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by PehaKaso: 7:36am On Apr 04, 2013
[quote
author=MissRaissa]Greetings all

[/quote]

MissRaissa, I'm deeply in luv wit u.wink Kindly come in2 my life & dwell.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 04, 2013
@Op...,
Except you joined NL few minutes ago you would have observed that only a few cabal HATE our president on this forum. These are the persons some of us call HATERS. The HATERS are few, despite their multiple usernames.

I once created a thread on why HATERS hate our president. Permit me to reproduce what I wrote in that thread:

"Some persons who are new on NL would be wondering why HATERS (losers at the 2011 elections) have consistently being abusing, cursing and calling our president all sorts of derogatory names.

Well, after critical analysis of the activities of the HATERS, I arrived at the following as the reasons the HATERS hate our president:

1) The HATERS are losers. They pitched their tent with various opposition presidential candidates during the 2011 elections and lost WOEFULLY. The INJURIES sustained from that humiliating DEFEAT is causing some of the HATERS to behave BADLY. See the views of many of them in the thread below
https://www.nairaland.com/638748/why-youll-never-vote-goodluck

2) The HATERS do not want to be proved WRONG. This sounds petty but it is TRUE. Many of the HATERS are battling tooth and nail to PROVE that they made the right decision by not voting for GEJ in 2011.

3) Ethnoreliguous sentiments at play. Some of the HATERS actually feel that the position occupied by GEJ belongs, by birth, to someone from their own religuous or ethnic inclination. For such persons, no matter what GEJ does, it is abuses, cursing and more abuses.

4) Politics of 2015 elections. Some of the HATERS think theycan score cheap political points through sustained campaign of abuses, insults and name calling. They hope that will give Tinubu's APC an edge in 2015.

However, irrespective of the motives of the haters, their campaign of abuses, cursing and insults is dead on arrival. The haters are losers. Once a loser, always a LOSER!!!"

https://www.nairaland.com/1233972/reasons-haters-hate-president-jonathan
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by PehaKaso: 7:41am On Apr 04, 2013
[quote
author=MissRaissa]Greetings all, I am new to Nairaland. [/quote]

MissRaissa, pls I'm so deep in luv wit u.wink Come in2 my life & make me happy
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by sunnyt1(m): 7:46am On Apr 04, 2013

In a very clear language, pls kindly ansa dis question, Do u lik Jonathan?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by dridowu: 7:50am On Apr 04, 2013
I 8 d word " hate "I dislike him because he is clueless and he lied to whole world dat their is frequent power supply in abj and lagos, i dislike again because he use tax money to pay d bill of is wife trip to germany
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 04, 2013
Maybe because the fresh air promised feels Horrendous...!!!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by genxris: 7:56am On Apr 04, 2013
Their are 2 types of haters of GEJ government
The 1st category of haters are patriots who have seen how bad d country has decayed all over the years by past governments and they are hoping that GEJ will solve all the lingering Nigeria problems in a blink of an eye,they want an automatic transformation but the truth of the matter is that the country is a big one with diverse intrests,expectations,religion,culture and passion so any responsible government has to be careful in tackling this and this category applauds the government when he gets it right and constructively criticise and advise it when it is going wrong
The 2nd haters are tribal and religious extremists who will never credit the government as good even if it is obvious to everyone that it is good. They don't miss any opportunity to abuse the government and it's managers because of any of the following reasons. The president is not from their religion,ethic group or region or even political party.
Generally Nigerians is a country that has a lot of "never see good people" who can never be pleased even if president Obama becomes nigeria president today.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by jidewin(m): 12:21pm On Apr 04, 2013
eggheaders: many nigerians think he is going to be a break from the norm of our evil past leaders.but like Samson they are so wrong with is Delilah style of deceit.first it was his foolish way of handling the 2010 independence day bomb blast.the new year subsidy removal gift,I don't give a damn to declaration of assets, 1million for eating per day,inability to control is uncultured wife,retaining incompetent dolts in his cabinet diezani,oteh and so on.abetting and silent approval of corruption I.e kid glove handling of subsidy thieves, pardoning a master convict like alams,with increment in electricity tariff with no insignificant improvement,clueless way of handling the insecurity matter.I can go on and on.but with this and many more Nigerians are tired of his cluelessness and only fuccktard ethnic bigots and turncoats paid low lifes still see anything good in this gross failure called gej.
Nicely put wink
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by nuclearboy(m): 10:57pm On Apr 04, 2013
Nobody hates the president except maybe those he fought with inside the PDP!

Sadly however, he prefers to feel a victim!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by dayokanu(m): 11:18pm On Apr 04, 2013
People naturally detest cluelessness
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 04, 2013
Our Yansh:

You're new to nairaland, are you also new to Nigeria??

Are you blind to the cluelessness and senselessness exhibited by Mr. President on a regular basis??

Abeg park your keke Napep for one side joor!!

You just want make people come yab presido for this thread...

angry
must you insult her? why don't you just answer her question. this is the reason women don't comment on this section. na your type dey carry bad mouth dey pursue them. mtscheeew!

@op, me i don't hate Jonathan o! I just hate his attitude towards presiding the affairs of this nation. he is just too r. etarded for my liking.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by EkoIle1: 1:24am On Apr 05, 2013

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 1:34am On Apr 05, 2013
berem: must you insult her? why don't you just answer her question. this is the reason women don't comment on this section. na your type dey carry bad mouth dey pursue them. mtscheeew!

@op, me i don't hate Jonathan o! I just hate his attitude towards presiding the affairs of this nation. he is just too r. etarded for my liking.

Hi,

I understand your concern but he's better than most African leaders. He doesn't come across as a power hungry lunatic. Additionally, he doesn't support crimes against humanity.

I think you need to give him a chance. In the U.S, Americans are constantly bashing Obama even though he's trying his best.

There's NO perfect leader. I think with the right entourage Jonathan has the potential to be a great leader.

BTW, I'm not siding with him or one of his supporters. I am not Nigerian. I am just speaking based on what I've noticed.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 1:37am On Apr 05, 2013
dayokanu: People naturally detest cluelessness

If he was SO clueless he wouldn't have won the vote of the majority.

Jonathan was voted to power by Nigerians or am I mistaken?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by dayokanu(m): 2:29am On Apr 05, 2013
People voted out of sentiments because we felt he was the victim of the cabal. Not knowing he is worse than the cabal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Troops Withdrawn From Emergency States As Reps Fail To Extend Emergency Rule / Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon / And So It Begins…isis Flag Among Refugees In Germany Fighting The Police [pictur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.