Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,876 members, 7,838,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? (4445 Views)

See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) / I See The Feb 14 Polls Between Buhari And Jonathan! So Choose One / Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 1:06am On Apr 06, 2013
Demdem:

Please in the name of whatever u believe in, do not compare Obama to my daft president. Both are incomparable.

I didn't compare them. I stated a TRUE statement. Some Americans insult Obama just like some of you have insulted Jonathan. Does it make him a bad leader? NO

Take it however you want to take it.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Tinkerogun: 1:08am On Apr 06, 2013
The president in less active and policy stave leader.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by BlackEmperorX: 1:43am On Apr 06, 2013

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Gooogle(m): 2:04am On Apr 06, 2013
MissRaissa:

Why would I come here to look for content? My online publication focuses on POSITIVE stories involving Africa. Half the posts and topics on this forum are nowhere near positive.

I asked a simple question about President Jonathan, why can't you all answer without being hostile?

You said I asked a sensitive question? What is SO sensitive about this question?

From what I've gathered thus far, you all have no legitimate reason to dislike this man.

Beautiful lady,

Calm down, no need to be angry. I was thinking journalism such as you practise has some iota of objectivity in it.
Do you ask question with a mind set? What have you been using as your sample space for deductions in your blog or website. Do you take 2 or 3 answers and form an opinion?

You live in the US (on a lighter note-a place close to heaven) and you send a questionnaire to Nigeria and before Nigeria wakes up, you have concluded. Are you a consultant to INEC in nigeria? 'cos that is their modus operandi.

All I just beg of you is for you not to be in a haste. We are still on page 2, most times it gets to 100.lol
Relax.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 2:46am On Apr 06, 2013
Gooogle:

Beautiful lady,

Calm down, no need to be angry. I was thinking journalism such as you practise has some iota of objectivity in it.
Do you ask question with a mind set? What have you been using as your sample space for deductions in your blog or website. Do you take 2 or 3 answers and form an opinion?

You live in the US (on a lighter note-a place close to heaven) and you send a questionnaire to Nigeria and before Nigeria wakes up, you have concluded. Are you a consultant to INEC in nigeria? 'cos that is their modus operandi.

All I just beg of you is for you not to be in a haste. We are still on page 2, most times it gets to 100.lol
Relax.

I am mot angry. I am just surprised to see how some people have been incredibly disrespectful towards me and my character. I was called a liar for absolutely no reason.

With the amount of venom I saw being spewed on this man's name all over this forum, I thought he was a criminal or something along those lines. I did some research and didn't find anything horrible about him so I decided to ask this question.

If your reason for hating this man is because of "corruption," guess what? corruption lives EVERYWHERE. Even in the Americas and Europe. The only difference is that in the West corruption is extremely well organized.

I understand African countries have a long way to go and I know that our leaders aren't the greatest. BUT we need to stop focusing on the negativity.

Instead of spending SO much time saying horrible things about this man, why not create something that will benefit the population? The change we want to see MUST begin with us.

If you were placed in a position of power in Africa, I don't care how much you deny it, you will be corrupted too. LETS FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE!

To answer your question about my publication, as I mentioned earlier, WE focus on POSITIVE. We do not entertain celebrity gossip or gossip of any sort. We are here to encourage and empower.

Why did I create my publication? Cause I don't like the way the mainstream media portrays Africa. I didn't cry and complain, I got up and did something about it.

You don't like to see the Nigerian population suffer? GET UP & DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Complaining and insulting people gets you nowhere. You're gonna hate Jonathan and say bad things about him, but guess what? If he loses the election and another leader takes over -- YOU HAVE NO GUARANTEE HE WILL BE BETTER THAN JONATHAN.

I am just keeping it real with you all.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 5:09am On Apr 06, 2013
MissRaissa:

Some Americans have said the same thing about Obama -- Does that make him a bad leader? No. People want to see change overnight & that's simply not how it works. Rome wasn't built in one day.
Good you said "some Americans". The issue here is about some Nigerians not "Nigerians". I dont know why you refused to change the topic even after my initial post. Mayb you have your own agenda too. Who knows?

I am a Nigerian and I dont hate my president.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 6:01am On Apr 06, 2013
MissRaissa:

I am mot angry. I am just surprised to see how some people have been incredibly disrespectful towards me and my character. I was called a liar for absolutely no reason.

With the amount of venom I saw being spewed on this man's name all over this forum, I thought he was a criminal or something along those lines. I did some research and didn't find anything horrible about him so I decided to ask this question.

If your reason for hating this man is because of "corruption," guess what? corruption lives EVERYWHERE. Even in the Americas and Europe. The only difference is that in the West corruption is extremely well organized.

I understand African countries have a long way to go and I know that our leaders aren't the greatest. BUT we need to stop focusing on the negativity.

Instead of spending SO much time saying horrible things about this man, why not create something that will benefit the population? The change we want to see MUST begin with us.

If you were placed in a position of power in Africa, I don't care how much you deny it, you will be corrupted too. LETS FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE!

To answer your question about my publication, as I mentioned earlier, WE focus on POSITIVE. We do not entertain celebrity gossip or gossip of any sort. We are here to encourage and empower.

Why did I create my publication? Cause I don't like the way the mainstream media portrays Africa. I didn't cry and complain, I got up and did something about it.

You don't like to see the Nigerian population suffer? GET UP & DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Complaining and insulting people gets you nowhere. You're gonna hate Jonathan and say bad things about him, but guess what? If he loses the election and another leader takes over -- YOU HAVE NO GUARANTEE HE WILL BE BETTER THAN JONATHAN.

Exactly. I keep calling these few noisy Nigerians who abuse, insult, and call our president all sorts of names HATERS because thats what they are. 99% of these HATERS sided with presidential candidates who lost at the 2011 elections. Yes, 99% because I've done a background check on the profile of a sample of them.

Like you said earlier, there's no legitimate reason for these haters to be behaving badly. For lack of reason they easily point to corruption.

But you know what, corruption has existed in this country since 1960 and can no longer be an excuse to reject a govt. Corruption was said to be the reason for the first coup in 1966. That coup led us into civil war. Again, corruption was the reason for another coup in 1983, that coup led us into 17yrs of darkness under military dictatorship.

Personally, I cannot be mislead by senseless cries of imaginary corruption. We have a problem with corruption no doubt, but provided other activities of govt are moving on fine, I DONT CARE. More over, the fact that other activities of govt are moving on fine implies that corruption is minimal.

What do I mean by other activities of govt? By other activities of govt, I mean that in the last 2-3yrs, the govt of GEJ has:
- returned the railways and embarked on railway modernisation
- increased funding to tertiary institutions
- created additional federal universities to increase access. The usual practice of the elites in this part of the world is to build private universities with public funds where cut throat fees are charged
- Airport reconstruction
- agric reforms, including new ways of distributing farm inputs to farmers
- massive roads and bridges rehabilitation and reconstruction
- reforms in the petroleum sector, including PIB
- increased funding for basic education in collaboration with the states, thru UBEC
- passage of freedom of information bill
- credible elections. The noisy opposition won more states and legislative elections in the last 2yrs. That is the major reason their noise appears to be on the increase.
- better image of Nigeria abroad due to better elections and new foreign policies
- reforms in the power sector. The transparency exhibited so far in the privatisation of our power assets is UNPRECEDENTED in the history of sub-saharan Africa
- upgrade of facilities and capacity in the health sector. The overseas residency training programme for medical doctors that was stopped for decades has been restarted by this same govt
- creation of sovereign wealth fund

These are the ones I can remember now but the summary is that alot of good things are happening despite a few mistakes or wrong steps here and there.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by ladychoice: 6:06am On Apr 06, 2013
We hate PDP as a whole! They are a failed, fetish, greedy and power clinging political party wit no political agenda watsoeva dan to use our national funds to treat their old pples diseases, fund deeir ritualistic activities and frustrate you and i. Not only should jonathan b impeached but d constitution need to b reviewed to remove all dese malams from office. PDP is tryin to make it a religious war btw christains and muslims, but lik i said, dey r behind time coz we now know beta! So hug d muslim broda beside and d christain sister beside you and toungues out to PDP, dey av failed! Yet again!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by OmoTier1(m): 6:47am On Apr 06, 2013
MissRaissa:

Before you decide to assassinate my character you might want to do some research. I am not Nigeria. Does Raissa Nkuba sound like a Nigerian name to you?

The link below will tell you everything you need to know about me.

http://texasmetronews.com/new-global-african-publication-launches-in-canada-afri-culture/

Why can't you respect my opinion as I have respected yours. Is it necessary to call anyone names? We are ALL grown people -- let's act like it.
Liars are not taken serious.....claiming to be what you are not is plain stupidity! What people like you do not realise is it easy to pick moles like you 'planted' in NL. Your ill informed position about Nigeria and Her leadership will not help us fight the cause of having a purposeful leadership to bring the country out of the dark. Liars they say are cousins to armed robbers... OmOyankee
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by OmoTier1(m): 6:51am On Apr 06, 2013
MissRaissa:

You think you are very smart by picking a thorny issue to promote your wares. Your belly is truly your god! You want to portray Africa by displaying your innately likeness for falsehood?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by funnyx(m): 8:40am On Apr 06, 2013
@OP
If you do not live in Nigeria and experience what Nigerians experience daily living under a corrupt govt and govt who does not in any way care about their wellbeing then you are not ENTITLED to have any opinion on this issue.
For instance I do not live in Cameroun and whatever I know about the country was through the internet so how can I form an opinion about the Camerounian president and even deem it fit to argue with the Camerounians about what they feel for their president?

So if you are not a mischief maker and an incompetent journalist you will need to come down to Nigeria and live there for some time, only then will you have any moral right to promote Nigeria and the Nigerian president even in the midst of criticism by Nigerians.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Pataki: 10:52am On Apr 06, 2013
MissRaissa:

Why would I come here to look for content? My online publication focuses on POSITIVE stories involving Africa. Half the posts and topics on this forum are nowhere near positive.

I asked a simple question about President Jonathan, why can't you all answer without being hostile?

You said I asked a sensitive question? What is SO sensitive about this question?

From what I've gathered thus far, you all have no legitimate reason to dislike this man.

Kindly give us your legitimate reason as to why we all should like this man.

Do you know of Alams, Salisu Buhari, Anenih, Ali, Okupe, Maku, Otedola, MEND, Boko Haram, etc?

You claim not be a Nigerian, you do not know what is currently obtainable in Nigeria, you do not know of the disgraceful infrastructure Nigeria is shackled with and how it has deteriorated further. Yet you want us to give you legitimate reasons as to why we dislike the scumbag of a president?

You are a paid sycophant!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 06, 2013
Are you sure Missraissa and Sincere 9gerian are not the same person? Dr Ifeanyi, i dey suspect you o! grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Gooogle(m): 11:37am On Apr 06, 2013
berem: Are you sure Missraissa and Sincere 9gerian are not the same person? Dr Ifeanyi, i dey suspect you o! grin
@ Berem. Abeg no vex. who be Dr. Ifeanyi? na insincere9gerian.(how dem dey spell am again sef)
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 06, 2013
Gooogle:
@ Berem. Abeg no vex. who be Dr. Ifeanyi? na insincere9gerian.(how dem dey spell am again sef)
yes o! na im. the only doctor who absconded from medical duties to be a politician. tongue
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Gooogle(m): 1:00pm On Apr 06, 2013
berem: yes o! na im. the only doctor who absconded from medical duties to be a politician. tongue
I guess it pays him more than the medical duties.

@OP.You are trying to paint a sepulchre meanwhile we know its full of rotten bones.It would have been a different thing if you asked for good things about Nigeria/Africa and good things about Nigerian/African leaders. While there may be a number of good things to write about the former, there is nothing desirable about the latter.If your original country was okay and you had responsible leadership, you probably may not be in US/Canada sending us this disgusting opinion of yours.

And please to be too ambitious to see this as one of those non-profit things or social movement charade to start looking for african leaders with good quality rather look for things that have made African thick in the midst of oppression by their leaders. Things that have made them hang on despite the prolonged mis-rule.

BTW, sometimes I just wander if Africa was cursed with Leadership, that they would never have good leaders till the world will end. #justthinking.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Demdem(m): 2:32pm On Apr 06, 2013
MissRaissa:

I didn't compare them. I stated a TRUE statement. Some Americans insult Obama just like some of you have insulted Jonathan. Does it make him a bad leader? NO

Take it however you want to take it.

Has Obama for once told his citizens that he doesnt give a damn?
Has Obama blantly lied to his citizens on air?
Does Obama has in his inner circle killers, Murderers and corrupt people who regularly dine with him in white house?
Has Obama granted pardon for an international fugitive etc

Get this straight to ur skull. Both leaders are far apart. One (My president) is very daft while the other (Obama) is intelligent.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 06, 2013
Demdem:

Has Obama for once told his citizens that he doesnt give a damn?
Has Obama blantly lied to his citizens on air?
Does Obama has in his inner circle killers, Murderers and corrupt people who regularly dine with him in white house?
Has Obama granted pardon for an international fugitive etc

Get this straight to ur skull. Both leaders are far apart. One (My president) is very daft while the other (Obama) is intelligent.

All politicians lie.

Wake up from your fairytale.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 06, 2013
I am done having this conversation. I read all your responses and no one has been able to provide me with a legitimate response.

I thank you all for your time and wish you a great weekend.

Cheers!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Demdem(m): 3:45pm On Apr 06, 2013
MissRaissa:

All politicians lie.

Wake up from your fairytale.

There are lies and there are lies. i guess all politicians also grant pardon to international fugitives right? also all politicians dines more with killers and murderers?
i think u need to put ur brain to work more.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by OmoTier1(m): 4:03pm On Apr 06, 2013
MissRaissa: I am done having this conversation. I read all your responses and no one has been able to provide me with a legitimate response.

I thank you all for your time and wish you a great weekend.

Cheers!
Shame on you...pathetic liar... undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by funnyx(m): 6:08pm On Apr 06, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Shame on you...pathetic liar... undecided

She's really a pathetic liar and probably another paid sycophant.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by dayokanu(m): 6:35pm On Apr 06, 2013
In 3 pages you can't tell us one reason why Nigerians should like Jonathan
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 06, 2013
dayokanu: In 3 pages you can't tell us one reason why Nigerians should like Jonathan

I am not asking anyone to like him. I am just saying the horrible things people on here have written about him are uncalled for. Simply unnecessary.

If you believe there's a perfect president, you are in for a very rude awakening. What makes you think the leader who will come after Jonathan will be better than him? He may even be worse.

So instead of wasting your time by playing "internet gangsters" why not do something more valuable? What are you doing to contribute to the change you want to see in Nigeria? What are you doing to help the poor? What are you doing to provide work for the locals? What are you doing to ensure the next leader will be a great leader?

The change must begin with you. It's that simple.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 06, 2013
Demdem:

There are lies and there are lies. i guess all politicians also grant pardon to international fugitives right? also all politicians dines more with killers and murderers?
i think u need to put ur brain to work more.

You need to get out more. Clearly you are very clueless.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 06, 2013
MissRaissa:

I am not asking anyone to like him. I am just saying the horrible things people on here have written about him are uncalled for. Simply unnecessary.

If you believe there's a perfect president, you are in for a very rude awakening. What makes you think the leader who will come after Jonathan will be better than him? He may even be worse.

So instead of wasting your time by playing "internet gangsters" why not do something more valuable? What are you doing to contribute to the change you want to see in Nigeria? What are you doing to help the poor? What are you doing to provide work for the locals? What are you doing to ensure the next leader will be a great leader?

The change must begin with you. It's that simple.

Why are you bothered about these ACN/CPC anonymous internet rats? They were recruited and are being paid by opposition elements to abuse, insult and call the president all sorts of names for cheap political gains. They are losers. They lost in 2011 elections. All their bad behaviour is geared towards 2015 elections. Nothing else matters to them. To them, the talk about patriotism is rubbish, except its coming from their masters in the opposition. You'r clearly wasting your time with these bad elements
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by DanIlon(m): 9:14pm On Apr 06, 2013
Gej is more ill president since independent form British,fuel subsidy scan, really his people and them self are bad guys.he allow fraudster to pardon very badly
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by aryzgreat: 9:48pm On Apr 06, 2013
Your question should have been " Why do yorubas and muslims hate GEJ so much"

We know them, but 2015 shall decide.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by ba7man(m): 3:23am On Apr 07, 2013
I'm currently without electricity in my home....its past 3 in the morning, after President Jonathan's Govt has spent Billions of naira. I'm also still seething over the fact that he attempted to raise fuel prices by over 100 percent to fuel his corrupt Govt. Corruption is all around him and it seems he's comfortable with it or he lacks the balls to tackle it. He projects the image of a WEAK man and his actions don't inspire me.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by ba7man(m): 3:41am On Apr 07, 2013
I didn't vote for anyone during his elections but i was smart enough to know that We have no idea of this man's track record. I don't have patience for these kinds of leaders that keep promising and postponing the delivery date of their promises. We've been stuck with them since i was born and nothing's changed. To his supporters, if this is what you all refer to as "Positive Change" or "Fresh Air" as GEJ might call it.......Nigeria is in big trouble. I don't represent any party, I just want a change from the norm.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Ayomel(m): 3:43am On Apr 07, 2013
can u just answer simple question,,,,,,,, insulting will do u no go.

Omexonomy: to the yoruba people they see it as the birth right of an hausa or fulani man to rule nigeria forever hence the slave mentality to the norther. Most of the insult you read on nairaland are coming from the yoruba people (slave).
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by ba7man(m): 3:49am On Apr 07, 2013
@ OP. Also realize that some of people you're talking to are paid to make his administration look good on this forum while some are paid opposition. This is the situation this country has desended to. They see your topic as the perfect opportunity to work for their money. Think for yourself.....As for me, I've read too many books on leadership.....and my President ain't one. Simple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Audu Was Poisoned After Sharing A Meal With A Top APC Chieftain / Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office / [photos] IPOB Finally Reveals Mystery About Nnamdi Kanu The World Never Knew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.