Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,697 members, 7,840,719 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? (4447 Views)

See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) / I See The Feb 14 Polls Between Buhari And Jonathan! So Choose One / Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Pataki: 4:22am On Apr 07, 2013
MissRaissa:

You need to get out more. Clearly you are very clueless.

Aha! You are a Nigerian.

I hope you know you are undertaking impersonation. You are a criminal. sad

May the devil push you to return here and type a response.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Tigerhead: 5:04am On Apr 07, 2013
@OP
Now that you have met and interacted with some of the the Axis of Evil do you now understand my first post?

They are evil, pure and simple.

MissRaissa:

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 6:57am On Apr 07, 2013
ba7man: I didn't vote for anyone during his elections but i was smart enough to know that We have no idea of this man's track record. I don't have patience for these kinds of leaders that keep promising and postponing the delivery date of their promises. We've been stuck with them since i was born and nothing's changed. To his supporters, if this is what you all refer to as "Positive Change" or "Fresh Air" as GEJ might call it.......Nigeria is in big trouble. I don't represent any party, I just want a change from the norm.
Na lie. You have sympathy for ACN. I know you in and out. QED
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 07, 2013
ba7man: I'm currently without electricity in my home....its past 3 in the morning, after President Jonathan's Govt has spent Billions of naira. I'm also still seething over the fact that he attempted to raise fuel prices by over 100 percent to fuel his corrupt Govt. Corruption is all around him and it seems he's comfortable with it or he lacks the balls to tackle it. He projects the image of a WEAK man and his actions don't inspire me.
If the problem you have with the president is increment in fuel price, then you'r been mischievous. Fuel is a commodity and prices of commodities MUST change with time.

Even your hero, Fashola, if he was the one in Aso would still have increased fuel price. The recently elected president of Ghana increased fuel price, few weeks after elections were concluded. Heavens did not fall in Ghana because the people there are not as tribalistic and partisan as Nigerians. I hope you know Ghaninians have also started experiencing power cuts, though not as bad as in Nigeria, and their railway is also comatose.

This years budget for subsidizing fuel is almost N1trillion, as passed by the NASS. Can a Fashola spend N1trillion on one item? Never! If Fashola was in charge, he would removed the entire subsidy by now and crushed the little opposition. Moreover, the opposition from southwest wouldn't have been much because of tribalism, just like there was no much protest in the southsouth and east the last time. Lagos and Kano were the center of all the fuel subsidy removal protest. The reasons were obvious.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by naptu2: 7:29am On Apr 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
If the problem you have with the president is increment in fuel price, then you'r been mischievous. Fuel is a commodity and prices of commodities MUST change with time.

Even your hero, Fashola, if he was the one in Aso would still have increased fuel price. The recently elected president of Ghana increased fuel price, few weeks after elections were concluded. Heavens did not fall in Ghana because the people there are not as tribalistic and partisan as Nigerians. I hope you know Ghaninians have also started experiencing power cuts, though not as bad as in Nigeria, and their railway is also comatose.

This years budget for subsidizing fuel is almost N1trillion, as passed by the NASS. Can a Fashola spend N1trillion on one item? Never! If Fashola was in charge, he would removed the entire subsidy by now and crushed the little opposition. Moreover, the opposition from southwest wouldn't have been much because of tribalism, just like there was no much protest in the southsouth and east the last time. Lagos and Kano were the center of all the fuel subsidy removal protest. The reasons were obvious.

I want to pick up on one thing you wrote.

If Fashola was in charge, he would removed the entire subsidy by now and crushed the little opposition. Moreover, the opposition from southwest wouldn't have been much because of tribalism, just like there was no much protest in the southsouth and east the last time. Lagos and Kano were the center of all the fuel subsidy removal protest. The reasons were obvious.

When Obasanjo was in charge and he increased the price of fuel, were there no protests in Lagos?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Goddex: 7:29am On Apr 07, 2013
Honestly,
it's in the habbit of Nigerians to criticise their leaders. It
appears severe with Jonathan because of the advent and boom in social
media.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by naptu2: 7:32am On Apr 07, 2013
Goddex: Honestly, it's in the habbit of Nigerians to criticise their leaders.

Exactly! This is my point. It's not about tribalism or anything like that. All heads of state/heads of government of Nigeria who were in power for a long period of time (more than a year) were criticised in the same way. When Goodluck Jonathan leaves office, his successor will probably be criticised in the same way.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by naptu2: 7:34am On Apr 07, 2013
Remember, Olusegun Obasanjo was often depicted as a baboon/gorilla.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 07, 2013
ba7man: I'm currently without electricity in my home....its past 3 in the morning, after President Jonathan's Govt has spent Billions of naira. I'm also still seething over the fact that he attempted to raise fuel prices by over 100 percent to fuel his corrupt Govt. Corruption is all around him and it seems he's comfortable with it or he lacks the balls to tackle it. He projects the image of a WEAK man and his actions don't inspire me.
You said you dont have electricity now. Does it mean if another person was the president, you would have had constant electricity by now? I dont get it.

If you had been following activities in the power sector, you would have noticed how everything is being done to ensure stability of power. The privatisation process for instance is nearing conclusion. I'v been following govt activities for a very long time, I cant recall any govt in Nigerian that displayed the kind of sincerity and transparency we have seen so far in the PHCN privatisation.
And I so much believe that the distribution companies in private hands will make so much difference. I'm happy the govt is getting it right.

Also the NIPP projects have all been slated to be completed this year. All are geared towards boosting power supply.

Yes, power supply is not yet constant but it is UNFAIR to turn a blind eye to the hardwork and happenings in the sector to stabilize things.

You said the president "projects the image of a weak man". Well, that one na for your mind. All those who have tried the president so far, have got their fingers irreparably BURNT. Ask Farook Lawan, Justice Salami, OBJ, Timipre Sylva, Buhari,etc Even Boko haram, have received serious pounding by the military, especially since late last year.

If you so much believe in what you wrote, you can as well try him physically or spiritually.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 07, 2013
naptu2:

I want to pick up on one thing you wrote.

When Obasanjo was in charge and he increased the price of fuel, were there no protests in Lagos?
OBJ increased fuel price about six times or more and at no time did we see the magnitude of protest we saw in Lagos in 2011. The social media may have played a role but much bigger was the role played by partisan and ethnic sentiments. After all, its not only those in Lagos that have access to the social media.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by naptu2: 7:44am On Apr 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
OBJ increased fuel price about six times or more and at no time did we see the magnitude of protest we saw in Lagos in 2011. The social media may have played a role but much bigger was the role played by partisan and ethnic sentiments. After all, its not only those in Lagos that have access to the social media.

Actually this last protest was tame compared to previous protests. The level of violence that was witnessed in 2000 and 2002 was far greater than this last time. The difference with this last strike was that the leaders were trying to avoid the violence of the past, so instead of dead city strikes, they organised rallies, in order to be able to control the people. The dead city strikes of 2000/2002 were far more effective than this last strike.

In 2000/2002, you dare not attempt to go to work. Your car would be vandalised and you'd probably get beaten. That was not the case with this last strike. I could actually go out during the strike.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by eggheaders(m): 8:08am On Apr 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

hey fuccktard, why do you like justifying your boss with senseless defending.firstly your boss and the ghana Prexy are stooges to imf and keeping selling their anti masses policies to those dumbskulls.why do the asian tigers reject the Christine lagard subsidy removal bitter pills??.only fools like you and your boss praise ideals of people who have promised to wreck havoc on citizens of developing countries.you know your imf masters are now clamouring for the closure of amcon that has help to revive our ailing banks.and we can not forget there sap policy in a jiffy.even advance countries run subsidy on essential goods as low as bread.so what the fucck are you saying.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You said you dont have electricity now. Does it mean if another person was the president, you would have had constant electricity by now? I dont get it.

If you had been following activities in the power sector, you would have noticed how everything is being done to ensure stability of power. The privatisation process for instance is nearing conclusion. I'v been following govt activities for a very long time, I cant recall any govt in Nigerian that displayed the kind of sincerity and transparency we have seen so far in the PHCN privatisation.
And I so much believe that the distribution companies in private hands will make so much difference. I'm happy the govt is getting it right.

Also the NIPP projects have all been slated to be completed this year. All are geared towards boosting power supply.

Yes, power supply is not yet constant but it is UNFAIR to turn a blind eye to the hardwork and happenings in the sector to stabilize things.

You said the president "projects the image of a weak man". Well, that one na for your mind. All those who have tried the president so far, have got their fingers irreparably BURNT. Ask Farook Lawan, Justice Salami, OBJ, Timipre Sylva, Buhari,etc Even Boko haram, have received serious pounding by the military, especially since late last year.

If you so much believe in what you wrote, you can as well try him physically or spiritually.
SHUT DA EFF UP. GEJ PROMISED US CONSTANT ELECTRICITY SUPPLY BY 2012, YOUR MENTOR BEAF RAN AMOK ALL OVER NAIRALAND INUNDATING US WITH FALSE PROMISES FROM GEJ. NOW THIS 2013 THE COUNTRY IS STILL IN DARKNESS AND YOU ARE HERE SINGING ANOTHER TUNE

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 07, 2013
naptu2:

Actually this last protest was tame compared to previous protests. The level of violence that was witnessed in 2000 and 2002 was far greater than this last time. The difference with this last strike was that the leaders were trying to avoid the violence of the past, so instead of dead city strikes, they organised rallies, in order to be able to control the people. The dead city strikes of 2000/2002 were far more effective than this last strike.

In 2000/2002, you dare not attempt to go to work. Your car would be vandalised and you'd probably get beaten. That was not the case with this last strike. I could actually go out during the strike.
I referred to the magnitude of protest not level of violence. The level of violence mayb related to the level of force deployed by security forces to smash the protest.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 07, 2013
lakhadimar: SHUT DA EFF UP. GEJ PROMISED US CONSTANT ELECTRICITY SUPPLY BY 2012, YOUR MENTOR BEAF RAN AMOK ALL OVER NAIRALAND INUNDATING US WITH FALSE PROMISES FROM GEJ. NOW THIS 2013 THE COUNTRY IS STILL IN DARKNESS AND YOU ARE HERE SINGING ANOTHER TUNE
I dont have constant power supply but I am not in darkness. Believe it or not, I have atleast 18-20hrs public power supply daily. If you'r in darkness, then thats your problem.

I hope you know there's no law prohibiting your state governor from building power plants, providing distribution transformers,etc? At the moment, a very small part of Lagos is being powered by the state independent power project. Why cant that be expanded? Akwa Ibom and Rivers state also have state owned power plants. So why cant your state govt do something to complement what is happening at federal level?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by naptu2: 8:51am On Apr 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I referred to the magnitude of protest not level of violence. The level of violence mayb related to the level of force deployed by security forces to smash the protest.

Yes, and what I'm telling you is that compliance was greater in 2000/2002. By 2012 some people had become strike weary (the idea that it was not worth it because they'll increase the price and make it too high, then labour will reach a deal with government and reduce the price a bit to the exact price that they had planned all along, so why strike?). It only looked bigger because they decided to hold rallies in order to be able to control the people and prevent violence and because social media covered those rallies. There were no rallies in 2000/2002.

Remember that the 2012 strike was always suspended at weekends, which wasn't the case in 2000/2002.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Demdem(m): 2:07pm On Apr 07, 2013
MissRaissa:

Actually u are the daft one here no doubt. Even if other leaders do the same, why should we allow such here.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Demdem(m): 2:14pm On Apr 07, 2013
naptu2: Remember, Olusegun Obasanjo was often depicted as a baboon/gorilla.

Of cos, baba was called gorrila. No one told us then that we hated him. Now that its the turn of the kai kai infected scumbag from otuoke, goons are talking rubbish.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Bobandgreat: 6:18pm On Apr 07, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
Demdem:

Of cos, baba was called gorrila. No one told us then that we hated him. Now that its the turn of the kai kai infected scumbag from otuoke, goons are talking rubbish.

But criticism is not turn by turn now, my yoruba brothers. Nigeria has developed above amala politics now. Let's resort to constructive criticisms for our own good not chop - I - chop govt instituted by ur Master IBB to keep u guys in check.

@egghead, so ur head is still an egg. Better incumbate it before it rottens, not that anybody would mind.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by anulaxad(m): 7:07pm On Apr 07, 2013
MissRaissa: Greetings all,

I am new to Nairaland, I just joined today. I've noticed that many Nigerians have very few good things to say about President Jonathan. I understand he has his faults and all, but he's a better leader than most African leaders.

I just don't understand why you HATE him so much. Please help me understand.

SHUT UP,WHAT IS BETTER,YOU IGNORANT HUMAN.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE HEARTLESS AND HAVE NO EMOTIONS FOR THE 48 PERCENT OF NIGERIANS THAT STARVE EVERYDAY, A COUNTRY THAT CAN DEVELOP ITSELF IN A YEAR IF WELL ORGANIZED,AND YOU STAND HERE AND TALK CRAP IN FACT WHO ARE YOU AND DID THE DEVIL HIMSELF(GEJ)
SEND YOU HERE TO COME DEFEND HIS WICKED BUUT.

ME I HATE HIM AND ITS PURE HATRED I WILL ALWAYS HAVE FOR THE GEJ.
HIS HAD LONGER THAN 3 YEARS IN POWER TO MAKE A CHANGE,AND HIS JUST MESSED UP AND DESTROYED THE SYSTEM COMPLETELY,CAUSING MORE TERRORISM,MORE DEATHS,AND MORE POVERTY.A GUY WHERE HE MAKES ANYBODY LIKE HIS FRIENDS HEAD OF POLICE(MINISTERS),A GUY WHO DOESN'T SEND HIS FRIENDS TO JAIL EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE BEEN PROVED OF STEALING BILLIONS,WELL HE HAS BEEN PROVED OF STEALING BILLIONS,SO THEY'RE ALL JUST DECEIVING THEMSELVES.

I MAY SEEM LIKE A YABBER,BUT I AM NOT ARROGANT AND I AM EXTREMELY MATURE.IF YOU WANT AN DETAILED EXPLANATION I SHALL GIVE IT TO YOU.

THANK YOU IF YOU DID UNDERSTAND MY POINT,I SURELY DID NOT MEAN TO INSULT YOU BUT IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ME,AND YOU KEEP THAT ARROGANCE THAT MOST NIGERIANS HAVE THEN lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by anulaxad(m): 7:14pm On Apr 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

YOU ARE MORONIC FOOL,AND NO ONE HAS TIME TO ARGUE WITH SUCH DEMENTED PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF.

I AM WATCHING THIS SHOW ABOUT NIGERIA AND THE REALITY OF THINGS,MAN IF I MET YOU IN REAL LIFE I WILL CAUSE REAL DAMAGE TO YOU.
HOW CAN PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF BE SO IGNORANT,EVIL AND WICKED HEARTED.MAN angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 07, 2013
I love GEJ

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 07, 2013
Thank you all for proving me with your input, I will be discussing this issue on my personal blog in a few days. Foe those who care to read what I have to say can visit: http://msraissa..ca/

HAPPY SUNDAY!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 4:23am On Apr 08, 2013
A
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by EkoIle1: 4:27am On Apr 08, 2013
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 4:27am On Apr 08, 2013
anulaxad:

I AM A MORONIC FOOL,AND NO ONE HAS TIME TO ARGUE WITH A DEMENTED PERSON LIKE MYSELF.

I AM WATCHING THIS SHOW ABOUT NIGERIA AND THE REALITY OF THINGS,MAN IF I MET MYSELF IN REAL LIFE I WILL CAUSE REAL DAMAGE TO MYSELF.
HOW CAN PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF BE SO IGNORANT,EVIL AND WICKED HEARTED.MAN angry
What! Seun, see how you'v made this fool mad?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 4:32am On Apr 08, 2013
anulaxad:

SHUT UP,WHAT IS BETTER,YOU IGNORANT HUMAN.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE HEARTLESS AND HAVE NO EMOTIONS FOR POOR MAN LIKE ME, WHO STARVE EVERYDAY, A COUNTRY THAT CAN DEVELOP ITSELF IN A YEAR IF WELL ORGANIZED,AND YOU STAND HERE AND TALK CRAP IN FACT WHO ARE YOU AND DID THE DEVIL HIMSELF(Buhari)
SEND YOU HERE TO COME DEFEND HIS WICKED BUUT.

ME I HATE HIM AND ITS PURE HATRED I WILL ALWAYS HAVE FOR THE Buhari.
HIS HAD LONGER THAN 2 YEARS (1983 to 85) IN POWER TO MAKE A CHANGE,AND HIS JUST MESSED UP AND DESTROYED THE SYSTEM COMPLETELY,CAUSING MORE TERRORISM,MORE DEATHS,AND MORE POVERTY.A GUY WHERE HE MAKES ANYBODY LIKE HIS FRIENDS HEAD OF POLICE(MINISTERS),A GUY WHO DOESN'T SEND HIS FRIENDS TO JAIL EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE BEEN PROVED OF STEALING BILLIONS,WELL HE HAS BEEN PROVED OF STEALING BILLIONS,SO THEY'RE ALL JUST DECEIVING THEMSELVES.

I MAY SEEM LIKE A YABBER,BUT I AM NOT ARROGANT AND I AM EXTREMELY MATURE.IF YOU WANT AN DETAILED EXPLANATION I SHALL GIVE IT TO YOU.

THANK YOU IF YOU DID UNDERSTAND MY POINT,I SURELY DID NOT MEAN TO INSULT YOU BUT IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ME,AND YOU KEEP THAT ARROGANCE THAT MOST NIGERIANS HAVE THEN lipsrsealed
Ok.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by ba7man(m): 5:43am On Apr 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

For the better part of my life, I've been saddled with Leaders that struggle to provide simple 24 hrs of Electricity. In the year 2013, when other Countries are taking Giant leaps in progress, a President that "STILL" can't provide 24 hrs of Electricity is the last thing i wish to be stuck with. As i type this, there's still no light so forgive me if I'm not impressed by all the activities in the power sector........Because I'm not feeling it down here. BTW, a larger percentage of those battles he agressively fought are political and he did it to ensure he holds on to power or against political enemies. Granting amnesty and pardon to Criminals and Killers is not strength.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by ba7man(m): 5:54am On Apr 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I don't support OBJ increasing the fuel prices but notice how he did it. Jacking up the price in tiny leaps so people didn't feel the pressure....till it was too late. It still gave them time to adjust. But GEJ just increased his by 100 percent in a day like he's insensitve. It was too sudden, That wasn't smart at all.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by ba7man(m): 6:01am On Apr 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Na lie. You have sympathy for ACN. I know you in and out. QED
I'm a Fan of Fashola, Oshiomole, Akpabio (though the excess allocation seems to be getting into his head of late). I don't really care about the other ACN Governors or Tinubu (Too power hungry IMO). I have sympathy for Governors making a difference, not PDP or ACN.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Demdem(m): 6:37am On Apr 08, 2013
Bobandgreat: [color=#000099][/color]

But criticism is not turn by turn now, my yoruba brothers. Nigeria has developed above amala politics now. Let's resort to constructive criticisms for our own good not chop - I - chop govt instituted by ur Master IBB to keep u guys in check.

@egghead, so ur head is still an egg. Better incumbate it before it rottens, not that anybody would mind.

i never said its by turn. It didnt start from the onset afterall we all fought Turai to relinquish power to him when he was busy washing her pants. where were his otuoke men then? However when Jonathan showed his real color, it started. Our leaders dont listen to constructive criticisms, u should know this by now. They respond better and highly responsive when cursed. Curse Jonathan today, Okupe the dog will show up tommorrow.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much? by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 08, 2013
Nigeria is a multi ethnic/multi religious nation no i mean country.
In Nigeria, there are those who feel they hav d birth right to rule(The Hausa/Fulani muslims) and they see any other leader from d other religion/Ethnic region as an Infidel.They are greedy,selfish and wicked.This set of people will always criticise criticise and criticise.
As for d Yorubas,hmm 'where belle face' .
Jonathan may not be a saint as nobody is but he is better than lots of d lot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti / #KogiDecide2015: A Choice Between Captain Idris Wada And Pa Audu Abubakar / This Is Nigeria's Incoming President. You Won't Believe!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.