Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,844 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption (8094 Views)

Appeal Court Gives CCT Go Ahead To Try Saraki For Corruption / North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption / Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by gerald09(m): 11:17am On Apr 04, 2013
nezpablo: Naija laws are not for the rich or the people in power. But its for the poor and the innocent masses. If approved,na masses go dey die like chicken.
Not anymore dats d power of democracy thanks to GEJ Nigerians actually hav say in politics, if the bill is put in place eventually d leaders will feel d pain dats for sure.
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by cristog120: 11:18am On Apr 04, 2013
obowunmi: No, don't say. Akunyili should be the first woman hanged... thief herself... talking! angry angry

Her kids are in expensive apartments in NYC......Political favors got their school fees paid...

i dont blame ur stupid opinion u are reeling out of an old fashion computer or 3310 modified.how dare u speak jagon of a woman that threads where men dreads. google DR Dora akunyili and find out who she is and what her achievements are in the history nigeria. thats an assignment for u cos ure uneducated.
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by pappythinko(m): 11:23am On Apr 04, 2013
Nice one prof Dora.. My utmost respect for you remain unshaken.. How i wish you will in the nearest future be our pres....... to deliver the country from her present quagmire.. One can be forgiven for wishing though.
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 04, 2013
A ppl gets d kinda leadership they deserve. This is apt in Nigeria.
If we ALL come out to occupy the National Assembly and ask dat d constitution be amended to reflect d concerns raised about ;corruption, Land Use Act, appointment of INEC c/person and Electoral Act, Nigeria would become dat our dream country.
Yar'adua made d biggest mistake of his political career by succumbing to d forces dat did nt want Prof Akunyili as Minister of Health. GEJ is repeating the same mistake!
A leader is as successful as his lieutenants
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 04, 2013
Billyonaire: Wise words from a wise woman.
1000 likes
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by SwitnessA(m): 11:32am On Apr 04, 2013
I've seen alot of corrupt public office holders in d past. Bt in dis administration wetin govt officials de do pass b careful.
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 04, 2013
Na so so burial we go com dey do for naija oo

1 Like

Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by cristog120: 11:39am On Apr 04, 2013
mikeyhernadez: Na so so burial we go com dey do for naija oo

burial? let the funeral start. ill be there uninvited for the fallen political vultures.
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by Rossikk(m): 11:47am On Apr 04, 2013
Let us start with you Madam. Attention seeker.
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by akintun: 12:24pm On Apr 04, 2013
She should be d first to face d death penalty. She was secretly pardoned by Obansanjo after stealing large amount of money. I wonder how a Nafdac DG could afford multi-million dollars worth of properties in Ikoyi, and she was a lecturer b4 becoming d DG.
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by tawa89(f): 12:26pm On Apr 04, 2013
obowunmi: No, don't say. Akunyili should be the first woman hanged... thief herself... talking! angry angry

Her kids are in expensive apartments in NYC......Political favors got their school fees paid...
some Nigerians are really pathetic!thats why we dont ve heroes in this country . Damn! That woman took a bullet for this country for heaven's sake. She worked with Buhari during the days of PTF, later became the MD of NAFDAC where she received so many awards for her fights against fake and adulterated drugs, one of the positives of OBJ' tenure. She was a salaried Minister and technocrat . Do u want her kids to be begging on d streets? Will that fulfill ur innermost desires ? Akunyili took a bullet so that pathetic obowunmi will not die of fake drugs something your father nor anyone in ur lineage has ever done! Sick!

1 Like

Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by Rossikk(m): 12:27pm On Apr 04, 2013
akintun: She should be d first to face d death penalty. She was secretly pardoned by Obansanjo after stealing large amount of money. I wonder how a Nafdac DG could afford multi-million dollars worth of properties in Ikoyi, and she was a lecturer b4 becoming d DG.
You should see some of the parties and weddings she has organised for her family. Lorries upon lorries filled with assorted food and drinks conveyed to the venues. All paid for by her meagre salary of course.
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by jidewin(m): 12:32pm On Apr 04, 2013
vizboy: I just wish these death sentence could be implemented by GEJ. Government then all the excess coruption will stop
For where? man wey dey wack N1 billa a year for wackies only. You never see e boy size? the boy be like ball, Michelin grin.
I would have love this woman to be the Minster for Health for the federation.
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by Ama28(f): 12:53pm On Apr 04, 2013
I strongly stand next on the line on this issue.
Societies make laws depending on prevalent vices and possible and surest means of curbing them.

Corruption is at the center of it all in Nigeria. Our present law only punishes petti thieves and encourages the upper and high class ones! This also affects development directly as it widens the gap between the rich and the poor!

For Dr Dora to say this in the media means she still remains the public office holder present or past with the best leadership quality!
Mr Jonathan need to print her speech here in bold italics, put it under his pillow and sleep on it!
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by ojuu4u(m): 1:02pm On Apr 04, 2013
some
people alwayas criticise every opinion on nairaland, is it to show their
wisdom? NO. ur actions and inactions on issues show wh u realy are. (fault
finders, hypocritcs)
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by alexchiny: 1:03pm On Apr 04, 2013
Rossikk: You should see some of the parties and weddings she has organised for her family. Lorries upon lorries filled with assorted food and drinks conveyed to the venues. All paid for by her meagre salary of course.

what has that got to do with her belief? Are you for corruption? At least, she was bold enough to come out and propose that. Only criminals would attack her on this.
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by dapo338(m): 1:18pm On Apr 04, 2013
wow! nice words, i really support the death penalty for corruption but its easy said than done, who will pass the bill.... nobody but if they do then dem don bellefull well well and knows the country will be ruined if such continues. nice talk shaaa, we see u d madam dora.
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 04, 2013
I support all Madam Akunyili's opinions! God bless her.
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by inosend: 1:39pm On Apr 04, 2013
He or she who comes to equity must come with clean hands. I strongly support the death sentence for corruption of, first, public office holders.
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by moodswing(m): 1:46pm On Apr 04, 2013
I'd prefer that anyone convicted of corruption be made to return the loot + 300% interest or be sentenced to death by stoning in a public square.

Trust me, if this is implemented, Them Obsasanjo's will activate their alternate citizenship. Only few of us will be left behind. cheesy
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by Policewoman(f): 1:50pm On Apr 04, 2013
bcomputer101: Akunyili Backs Death Penalty For Corruption

Former Minister of Information and Communications, Prof. Dora Akunyili, has supported the call for capital punishment for corrupt practices in order to transform the country.

Akunyili, who was the guest lecturer at the 7th lecture of the College of Natural and Applied Sciences, Bells University of Technology, Ota, Ogun State, on Wednesday, said the desired change in the country had been hampered by corruption, insecurity, poor leadership among others social vices.

She said, “In China, it is death penalty for corruption. I believe if we are really serious about fighting corruption, there is the need to insert harsher clauses to make corruption less attractive, just like they do in China.

“Once, one, two, three, four corrupt people are executed for corruption, some others who have such tendency will definitely fall in line.”

According to Akunyili, if the government fails to punish corrupt practices, it might as well be promoting it.

She added, “We just have to find a way to decisively fight corruption before it completely ruins this beautiful country.”

The former minister, who presented a paper entitled ‘National Transformation: the Challenge of our Time’, also suggested that the government must introduce a social security scheme for the unemployed youths as done in the United States and the United Kingdom.

She noted that government in those countries paid stipend to their unemployed so that the lives of the rich and middle class would be secured.

She added, “It is common sense that the rich will remain unsafe in the midst of a hungry and angry majority. Government in the Western world understands that the negative energy vibrating from such people is enough to create discomfort.”

Akunyili, who suggested that the government could start the scheme with the physically challenged and the aged, commended the Ekiti State Government for introducing a social security for the aged.

“To me, being a good leader means being a principled leader, and being principled simply means being a man or woman of your words, being guarded by the right moral compass, doing the right thing anytime, anywhere and even in the face of threats of any type. It is simply leadership by example,” she stated.

According to her, when a leader compromised his position by sharing filthy lucre with his or her subordinates, he or she has lost the right leadership authority and incapable of instilling any discipline in the work force.

She said, “When I was in NAFDAC, if I had allowed officers in the ports or the registration desks and other sensitive areas to make returns to me, we would not have been able to record any success in sanitising the food and drug sector.

Vice-Chancellor of the university, Prof Isaac Adeyemi, said the institution invited Akunyili because of her pedigree and contributions to the nation’s development.

http://www.punchng.com/news/akunyili-backs-death-penalty-for-corruption/
OK.
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by GalaxyNoteII: 1:55pm On Apr 04, 2013
“Once, one, two, three, four corrupt people are executed for corruption, some others who have such tendency will definitely fall in line.”

No country can boast significant change of crime/corruption after death penalty implementation.

Look at death penalty in Malaysia/China/etc, it's not stopping my Ibo bros from peddling drugs in those locations.

Our corrupt individuals will definitely find a way to escape as usual.
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by megareal: 1:56pm On Apr 04, 2013
Definitely not death sentence but life sentence with no provision for parole and confiscation of all properties acquired before and after holding office.
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by IbnTimothy: 2:08pm On Apr 04, 2013
bcomputer101: Akunyili Backs Death Penalty For Corruption

Former Minister of Information and Communications, Prof. Dora Akunyili, has supported the call for capital punishment for corrupt practices in order to transform the country.

Akunyili, who was the guest lecturer at the 7th lecture of the College of Natural and Applied Sciences, Bells University of Technology, Ota, Ogun State, on Wednesday, said the desired change in the country had been hampered by corruption, insecurity, poor leadership among others social vices.

She said, “In China, it is death penalty for corruption. I believe if we are really serious about fighting corruption, there is the need to insert harsher clauses to make corruption less attractive, just like they do in China.

According to Akunyili, if the government fails to punish corrupt practices, it might as well be promoting it.

She added, “We just have to find a way to decisively fight corruption before it completely ruins this beautiful country.”

The former minister, who presented a paper entitled ‘National Transformation: the Challenge of our Time’, also suggested that the government must introduce a social security scheme for the unemployed youths as done in the United States and the United Kingdom.

She noted that government in those countries paid stipend to their unemployed so that the lives of the rich and middle class would be secured.

She added, “It is common sense that the rich will remain unsafe in the midst of a hungry and angry majority. Government in the Western world understands that the negative energy vibrating from such people is enough to create discomfort.”

Akunyili, who suggested that the government could start the scheme with the physically challenged and the aged, commended the Ekiti State Government for introducing a social security for the aged.

“To me, being a good leader means being a principled leader, and being principled simply means being a man or woman of your words, being guarded by the right moral compass, doing the right thing anytime, anywhere and even in the face of threats of any type. It is simply leadership by example,” she stated.

According to her, when a leader compromised his position by sharing filthy lucre with his or her subordinates, he or she has lost the right leadership authority and incapable of instilling any discipline in the work force.

She said, “When I was in NAFDAC, if I had allowed officers in the ports or the registration desks and other sensitive areas to make returns to me, we would not have been able to record any success in sanitising the food and drug sector.

Vice-Chancellor of the university, Prof Isaac Adeyemi, said the institution invited Akunyili because of her pedigree and contributions to the nation’s development.

http://www.punchng.com/news/akunyili-backs-death-penalty-for-corruption/

When do we want to grow up?
Death penalty for anything appart from murder.
Death penalty will only encourage corruption because it will be much more difficult to implement.

We should rather concentrate on PREVENTING corruption rather it's cure
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by Itoroetti(m): 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2013
Yes,death sentence is harsh to an average human being like u and I.but just imagine,someone came to ur house and killed all members of ur family and u were lucky to have escaped.later,the person was arrested,would u beg for the person not to be killed?would u say the person be sentenced to life imprisonment?this,will simply answer ur questions about death sentence.

Akwa ibom ayaiya.
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by PastorOla1: 3:46pm On Apr 04, 2013
IN OR OUT OF GOVERNMENT
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by durablekudu: 5:46pm On Apr 04, 2013
ok
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by creativemusic: 6:16pm On Apr 04, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin madam de madam hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by zolajpower: 7:42pm On Apr 04, 2013
supposing this woman won the senatorial seat would she had backed the death sentence on corrupt officials?
Re: Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption by Smooyis(m): 8:13pm On Apr 04, 2013
Which politicians are we saying will die in mass? Many of them fear death to their bone marrows. The moment the law is passed, u would be surprised that those u think are very corrupt and cannot change would immediately stop all corrupt practises because nobody wants to die. Even their wives would be begging them not to make them sudden widows.
The only thing is that can they ever pass such draconian law?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Denies Agba Jalingo Bail / Dapo Abiodun: SAPZ Will Push Ogun Industrialization Agenda To The World / Enyinnaya Nwafor Paid Don Ubani N5m To Attack Gov. Ikpeazu - Ex-LGA Chair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.