Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,264 members, 7,957,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:48 PM

Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". (20806 Views)

Write Your Shortest Flash Fiction. Not More Than 25 Words. / Write Your Life Story In 6 Words / Let Me Write Your Web Contents, Articles Etc For You At An Almost Free Cost (you Name Your Price). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by vermouth1995: 5:47am On Jul 23, 2012
thanks for the tips on drabbles smiley
i SORTA wrote one....but umm
its kinda super long
like it has 1046 words.
does that count??
lol and i wrote another one. that one is more like it
its got more of a poem feeling to it lol
but anyways smiley thanks
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Uniquexty(f): 3:17pm On Jul 24, 2012
maedan: The Year 5050

In the very beginning, there was light. In this beginning, there was the Button. Yep, with one press of the mighty button,you could have anything. Even a man. Zee was fixing herself up right then. She clicked on her computer, Karma, and commanded, "Hot date needed, 8pm tonight."

"Specifications?"

Zee grinned. Ask, and it shall be given. "Let's see, tall. Chocolate. And oh, dimples."

"Check. Mental prefs?"

"Gimme hunky intellectual. I'm talking sexy with brains now."

"Anything else."

"Yeah. He's gotta be well-hung. Like triple-x large."

"Sorry. This package is out of stock."

"Damn. Not again."

creative

1 Like

Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Uniquexty(f): 12:08pm On Jul 28, 2012
I see talent here and i have the right place u ought 2 be. Young authors of nigeria (YAN). Its 4 talented writers lyk us who have written provocative literary works in either print or non print. We aim at unleashing the talents in nigerian youth. Send an email to naija.writersclub@gmail.com nd request 4 a form. Fill it nd file into the list of history makers. Expecting u
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by firestar(f): 10:35pm On Sep 15, 2012
Something about true love in action….

I wound the reptile round my neck...

It throws fear outside….

“C’est très, très bon!” I wasn’t really listening to Monsieur Deji.
I was more tuned to how cold it was—scales and all.
And the way it coiled towards my chest as if---wait…
It just flicked a forked tongue….
Okay… Don’t panic. Breathe in…. ouuuut….
.If it makes any attempt to coil itself any further even a smidgen ….

I’m like so going home with its skin, meat and bones.

It slithers down….
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Emyo(m): 7:20am On Sep 16, 2012
Drew it closer, and i went mad. I felt the whole heavenly pleasure was on me.-it was palatable. I kept struggling with it, and at a point, my tonque started eating it self fat. I made the hole through it and it was pleasing. I kept pounding like i will never want to stop-it was interesting. Oh! I got it, it some tiny balls, as i squeezed it while pounding on the hole i made, i felt like i could fly, it was unbeliveably sweet. All in a sudden femi nagged at me 'what are you doing, God! U've torned your vital foam.'- its horror. Painfull.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by trolling(m): 6:22am On Mar 04, 2013
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by firestar(f): 10:37pm On Dec 19, 2013
cheesy
Boo-ya!
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Ishilove: 10:46pm On Dec 19, 2013
Firestar!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by timpaker(m): 1:45pm On Dec 20, 2013
[b]"Tim, I'd like to tell you something. I'm scared" She said while sobbing over the phone.
I laid on my bed thinking a thought I wished I had had - being careful. The last time I saw her was last month at her birthday party in Lagos and we both got drunk and passed out in each others arms.
"What could be the problem? Is she pregnant? Did we do it (se..x)?" These questions turned my head into a thought-market as I gazed the ceiling for answers unanswered.
After wondering for minutes, I decided to man-it-up and accept all consequences. Different baby names crept into my mind; If its a boy then he'd bear my name, yes 'Junior' sounds perfect. And if its female, she'd bear my first love's name for God knows that I've been trying to honour that lady since her death.

My thoughts were cut short with a knock on the door.
"Koko, is that you?" I asked before heading to the door. The fact is I knew it was her but wanted to confirm with her voice. No one knocks so feebly like Koko.
I opened to door and Koko walked it with a letter in her right hand. Damn! I was right. She is pregnant!
She sat down on the couch next to my overpriced sound system weeping uncontrollably. Her snake-like eyes were sullen. I sat next to her comforting her.
"Don't worry babe, I will take good care of you I swear" I said while collected the letter from her.
"Tim I'll miss you dearly. My mum said the university is the best in Canada and that the visa is out" she said while holding my hands.
Confusion ran into my veins like mad man who.
"Wait a minute, you are going to study abroad?" I asked while dis-embracing her.
"Yes I am?" She said somewhat inquisitive
"And you are not pregnant?" I asked before opening the letter.
"Pregnant? Tim no! Its just my fear of losing you while I'm away studying" She stood up to hold my hand.
"Mtchew!!!" I said then quietly walked away.

to be continue

[/b]
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by frenzybest1(m): 8:38pm On Dec 20, 2013
OBNOXIOUS EPOCH

Silent Day
Confused Empyrean
Windy Mediterranean,
Graze the Bay
Trees Dancing
Windows Clapping
Old Roofs Flapping
Rain Drops Descending
It Played Thunderously
Everywhere was Dark
It Discharged Spark(s)
It Plundered Piously
I was Dead in the Water
My Heart beats a Name
I was Emote Lame
It made me Wonder
What's the Meaning of Love?
Anxiety or Affection?
Perplexity and Isolation
Hides the Truth Above
I'm becoming a Slave
To My Own Thoughts
Save me from this Place
I was never Bought.
Written by: Orji John
[find more in my blog]
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Royver(m): 11:38am On Dec 21, 2013
Don't u f***king leave me mynd!" Princessa screamed, holding tightly to the harness. "Don't let go!"
"I have to," Mynd said calmly. "The rope won't hold two people. Its the only way for one of us to survive.
"You can't do this!" She screamed, tears running down her eyes, "First Obadiah then sexkilz and now you...I couldn't bear it!"
Mynd smiled at her. All around them the mountain burned as they dangled precariously from its edge. He looked down and tried to gauge the branch that would be his salvation or his doom as the sea of lava flowed belligerently beneath him.
"So much for our South African vacation eh? Tell mukina that she was right."
And then he let go.

Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Royver(m): 5:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
The cave was beginning to fill with smoke. The heat had driven out all of the bats who, although nocturnal creatures, had collectively decided to take flight than risk being roasted in the oncoming inferno. Sexkilz pulled Obadiah to the ground and when the latter tried to resist, yanked him down again.
"Stay down," he hissed. "Quickest way of dying in fires is smoke inhalation. Better we are close to the ground where the air is smoke-free."
Obadiah sighed. "You think the others know we are okay?"
"Don't know," sexkilz replied. "Mighty fortress ought to have sent out a search party by now."

"Wait, what's that?" Obadiah said as he tried glimpsing out the cave mouth.
Someone had caught on the branch at the entrance and was struggling desperately to hold on. They both simultaneously got up and ran to the cave mouth to pull him in.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by princesa(f): 10:24pm On Dec 22, 2013
Royver:
Don't u f***king leave me mynd!" Princessa screamed, holding tightly to the harness. "Don't let go!"
"I have to," Mynd said calmly. "The rope won't hold two people. Its the only way for one of us to survive.
"You can't do this!" She screamed, tears running down her eyes, "First Obadiah then sexkilz and now you...I couldn't bear it!"
Mynd smiled at her. All around them the mountain burned as they dangled precariously from its edge. He looked down and tried to gauge the branch that would be his salvation or his doom as the sea of lava flowed belligerently beneath him.
"So much for our South African vacation eh? Tell mukina that she was right."
And then he let go.

Dude is obviously high, nice drabble though grin

but next time, make princesa sip from her lemonade while she watches mynd jump off the cliff. Thank youwink

1 Like

Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by firestar(f): 10:51pm On Dec 22, 2013
tongue
Heh, role-play drabbles...
Entertaining.

1 Like

Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Royver(m): 3:51pm On Dec 23, 2013
[b]She soars through the soot-laden sky, looking for survivors. Atop the skies of the great mountain she converses with the hawks and the sparrows but none can give answer. It will be dark soon and visibility will become even worse but she keeps her hopes up. This time...this time...she will not let her powers go to waste.
She spots a figure seated alone at the very top of the mountain. She flies down and lands gently behind the human form. They cannot know about her yet, not just yet. She approaches quietly and recognizes princessa rocking to and fro, sobbing. She makes a sound and princessa, startled, whirls around.
"Oh firestar! He jumped...the idiota jumped! And I didn't even tell him how I felt..."
Fire star holds princessa in her arms and comforts her. These humans and their emotions...

2 Likes

Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Royver(m): 3:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
princesa:

Dude is obviously high, nice drabble though grin

but next time, make princesa sip from her lemonade while she watches mynd jump off the cliff. Thank youwink
Tenks. I'll definitely make u the villainess next time tongue
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by princesa(f): 11:13am On Dec 24, 2013
Royver:
[b]She soars through the soot-laden sky, looking for survivors. Atop the skies of the great mountain she converses with the hawks and the sparrows but none can give answer. It will be dark soon and visibility will become even worse but she keeps her hopes up. This time...this time...she will not let her powers go to waste.
She spots a figure seated alone at the very top of the mountain. She flies down and lands gently behind the human form. They cannot know about her yet, not just yet. She approaches quietly and recognizes princessa rocking to and fro, sobbing. She makes a sound and princessa, startled, whirls around.
"Oh firestar! He jumped...the idiota jumped! And I didn't even tell him how I felt..."
Fire star holds princessa in her arms and comforts her. These humans and their emotions...

poor Princesa, she didn't tell the Idiota how she felt. tongue
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Royver(m): 6:03pm On Jan 05, 2014
Sometimes i sit aboard my ship, in a quiet corner, riding out the waves as they toss our vessel around like it is made of foam instead of wood. i don't have time to write a full entry because i know that at any moment my slave driver of a master will call me to his heels, but not for a while yet. i still have a few minutes on my hands. And so i engage in my new bad habit. i write short notes. short notes that don't mean anything and yet if you read between the lines...and then i send them over the new signal, hoping there is someone at the other end to read them. like this one i am sending now...
i haven't told the captain about the new signal i discovered. he is bound to scramble it, maybe lose it again. i see no reason why we can't make contact, its not as if the humans of this generation are going to freak out if we suddenly appeared in front of them. Their magicians or tricksters do worse. Their magic boxes tell taller tales.
The ship is sinking. I can feel it. I think we should abandon ship. This hunt for Moby Dick is turning out to be a wild goose chase.

2 Likes

Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by princesa(f): 10:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
'Indeed sister, you are healed'

I looked up at the smiling Pastor then at the choristers with their rainbow of expressions, before I slowly stood up.

Instantly, the memories flooded and I remembered it all: I was leading a Cece Winans piece deep from my heart; the interfering tears; the choir master's glare; the electrifying feeling; the scream and then the fall.

Something supernatural happened to me!

Immediately, i searched the ache that was etched 5 years in my heart, It was gone! I had finally forgiven them for their betrayal!

Joyful tears flooded my eyes as I shouted with my might.

'I am free indeed!'

The congregation must have thought me mad. But i didn't care because I know what had left.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by blueeyes1: 11:10pm On Jan 05, 2014
The scream pierced through her heart,then she saw him, wriggling in pain,covered in his vomit,blood oozing from his chest.

"We have to go now"
"No I can't,I can't move"
"Yes you can"
"No"he replied faintly
"Look inside you"

And then he saw her,deep inside him,her strength,his strength,their strength.

He reached for her hand,easing himself up,his chest against her bre:ast,their fingers interlocked.
He felt his strength return,felt their unique force as they merged,then they began to sail,above the pains,the bitterness,the agony,above them all to that beautiful place of solitude far beyond the reach of man.

1 Like

Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by timpaker(m): 11:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
---
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by princesa(f): 10:28pm On Jan 08, 2014
I drove on, Adele's 'someone like you' playing in my head. Ironically though, I wasn't going to give a goodbye kiss, my undiluted acid was sitting close by, ready for the kill.

Finally 'we' arrived. The church had dismissed but I wasn't deterred... until I saw them.

Not Lara with Jude!

Instantly I went stiff, watched them drive past. That day my heart broke in pieces that took 5 years to mend.

2 Likes

Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by princesa(f): 3:06pm On Jan 10, 2014
You know the thing about friends? I don't keep one. The thing about love? I stopped believing.

Why?

Lara was meant to be in Paris, not getting wedded, and Jude? He would swim through oceans for me...or so i thought.

Music became the elixir of my pain; whose arm i could embrace and whose arm i got back my faith.

That divine encounter sealed the broken walls and now am at peace with God and man.

*********the end*********
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Royver(m): 5:43pm On Jan 10, 2014
princesa: You know the thing about friends? I don't keep one. The thing about love? I stopped believing.

Why?

Lara was meant to be in Paris, not getting wedded, and Jude? He would swim through oceans for me...or so i thought.

Music became the elixir of my pain; whose arm i could embrace and whose arm i got back my faith.

That divine encounter sealed the broken walls and now am at peace with God and man.

*********the end*********

what happened to the undiluted acid though? undecided
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by princesa(f): 8:59pm On Jan 10, 2014
Royver:

what happened to the undiluted acid though? undecided
twas poured into the gutter grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"The Assistant" A Story By AK86 / Bloodshot -a Short Romance Story / Writers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.