Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,526 members, 7,770,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:34 AM

Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". (20505 Views)

Write Your Shortest Flash Fiction. Not More Than 25 Words. / Write Your Life Story In 6 Words / Let Me Write Your Web Contents, Articles Etc For You At An Almost Free Cost (you Name Your Price). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by crazylegs(m): 1:55pm On Apr 03, 2008
A "drabble" is a very, very short piece of fiction. It should be about 100 words long. I just read a couple online and decided to write one. Took longer than expected. Why don't you put yours up here? It could be fun

I promise I won't sell any! grin
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by crazylegs(m): 1:57pm On Apr 03, 2008
Heres mine

The price of freedom

The scream took me by surprise. It wasn’t especially loud or piercing but had a peculiar expressiveness that plays in my mind to this day. Sheer agony.

His eyes were worse. “Please in the name of all you hold sacred: Don’t do it.” But I steeled my heart. No more oppression. I was going to be free. My grip tightened on the knife.

“Free at last!” Some frantic slashes and my shirt and mouth were stained deep red.

“I’m sorry Francesco.” But nobody was going to tell me how to eat. If I wanted to cut my spaghetti I would.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 10, 2008
Hello Kids

She hummed boisteriously to herself as she climbed the stairs leading to the entrance of the hotel. The soft clicking of her stiletto heels echoed her hummings, making a surprisingly pleasant tune that was soothing to the ears. 

"mmmhhh Sundays' always nice," she murmured.

As she approached the desk, her eyes swayed to the left and caught two little boys that walked towards her in strides that conflicted with their stature.

She waved her hands to them saying "Hello kids,"
The boys looked up to her with a steady frown creasing their brow. Alas they were grown men but midgets. cheesy cool tongue
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Raymond88(m): 1:44am On Apr 11, 2008
Indecent proposal
He saw her sitting alone in the pub, chewing gum like a road side hooker in the cold night. There was something about her, something about her that compelled him to walk over there and stare at her face.

"What do you want?".

He smiles, " There is something you have that i really need right now" he says and sits.

She looks amazed, he continues " i want to put it in my mouth and roll my tongue all over it, i want to suck and suck until it becomes dry. . .oh god, i want put my fingers into it and stretch it about. . ." he says all this with ecstasy in his eyes, she looks at him. . . surprised.

"Are you sure I have this. . .this thing you want?"

He smiles again, pointing downwards in the direction of her legs. "Yes, i believe it's down there. . .er. . .in your hand bag".

"What is it?"

He hesitates and says "Can i have a piece of chewing gum? i haven't had one for ages. . ."

5 Likes

Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by SMC(f): 7:55pm On Apr 11, 2008
Raymond88:

Indecent proposal
He saw her sitting alone in the pub, chewing gum like a road side hooker in the cold night. There was something about her, something about her that compelled him to walk over there and stare at her face.

"What do you want?".

He smiles, " There is something you have that i really need right now" he says and sits.

She looks amazed, he continues " i want to put it in my mouth and roll my tongue all over it, i want to suck and suck until it becomes dry. . .oh god, i want put my fingers into it and stretch it about. . ." he says all this with ecstasy in his eyes, she looks at him. . . surprised.

"Are you sure I have this. . .this thing you want?"

He smiles again, pointing downwards in the direction of her legs. "Yes, i believe it's down there. . .er. . .in your hand bag".

"What is it?"

He hesitates and says "Can i have a piece of chewing gum? i haven't had one for ages. . ."

You obviously did not see where it was clearly stated by the original poster that the story must be exactly 100 words.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Raymond88(m): 11:19pm On Apr 11, 2008
Oops, sorry i stopped counting at number 23, too lazy i guess. tongue
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by colors(f): 9:51pm On Apr 24, 2008
[center]Atinuke[color=#990000][/color][/center]

his palms were moist, beads of sweat dripping down his face., yet he was freezing inside. He checked his reflection as a car drove by, his neatly starched and ironed white linen shirt had become wrinkled with damp patches of sweat forming half moons under his arms. He wished for the umpteenth time he had worn a t-shirt instead. but still he waited.

He saw her approaching, quickly he ran to a corner and hid. He couldnt face her, not now, not like this. she walked right by him. He would never face her. He wept.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by lindalee(f): 2:30pm On Apr 30, 2008
Leave here immediately! he said sternly,walking towards me boisterously his eyes filled with rage."Go to the next room" he ordered. His voice echoed with great trepidity. My heart raced thoughts of rape and death clouded my sense of reasoning as i opened the door to the next room to face my tragedy, chorus of "happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!" filled the air. It was my birthday, i had forgotten!. i was really embarrased but then i saw the funny side of it.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by nanaboi(m): 9:49am On May 05, 2008
Our Water Broke; We Pay for it.
The calm. The preceeding noise could evoke nothing less. The three louvre blades he broke were here and there. He was by them - motionless - just the way my lead left him; blood flooded; perhaps, rigor mortising, i would never be brave enough to dare confirm.

His innocent days, long over before he clocked fourteen, was gnawing at my sanity. Now I know why he was trouble - he does not look good silent.

His mother will be back any minute. By God, patricide would have been far better! - me lying there, him running away for good; Jesus, my wife. Chei!
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Cayon(f): 10:44am On May 07, 2008
I applaud all of you for sharing your talents. I am really enjoying cool wink

Peace
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by nanaboi(m): 8:21pm On May 13, 2008
Why's nobody commenting on anotha's work?
Well I'll do just that later.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Sisikill: 8:25pm On May 13, 2008
@ All

Beautiful!!!
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Sisikill: 9:23pm On May 13, 2008
Mama’s Lessons: Dinner Date
Sitting at the table facing him, I couldn’t help but think about how we had gotten here. . .an incredible journey, some would say, a long and arduous road others will counter but what mattered was this - At long last, I got my wish! He was here with me and he’ll never leave.

“More Wine? I ask softly but no response. I didn’t need one because I knew. “Anticipate your guest’s needs” Mama’s lessons came to mind and so I poured. God! I wish he wouldn’t slouch in his chair but I guess it can’t be helped. . . a lifeless body will do that to ya.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Sisikill: 9:24pm On May 13, 2008
Mama’s Lessons: A Bath
I hate being wet. I hate the slow drops of water dripping down my body like a snake slithering down a tree. I hate the musky smell that comes from soap and water. I step into the bathroom, the tiles cold under my feet. A shuddering breath later, I ask myself “Is this really necessary?” but mama’s strident voice echoes in my ears “Cleanliness is next to Godliness”. Cursing softly under my breath, I step in the tub and watch in amazement as the water turns red “Oh well, I guess she is right” I concede as I wash His blood off my body.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by ariblaze(m): 11:30pm On May 13, 2008
You are incorrigible, she says

I don’t know if I have the strength or nerve to date you, there is this other guy, almost like a brother and everyone assumes…,

Everyone? Yourself inclusive? I ask, she mumbled something underneath her breath, I knew better than to push it

I don’t love her, I should be able to let her go, view her from a less romantic angle, but I cant,her drive and energy draws me like a moth to fire

I feed off her, talk about being struck in a glass beaker, what can I do now?
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by HRhotness(f): 12:53am On May 14, 2008
Looks like fun,,,, here goes

The loud persistent ringing forces me awake;
I reach for the phone and take it off the hook.  Its cold, the duvet is on the floor and I’m lying in bed naked.

I slowly sit up,,,, my head feels heavy,,,,,  I’m shivering uncontrollably,,,,, I have no memories!

There’s a mini bar in the corner and I pour myself a drink. Taking a huge gulp, I sink into the oversized chair by the window. With my head back and my eyes closed, it all comes back to me. The way it has, every morning, for 7 years.

My name is Dawn and I’m 35 years old

I think its a little more than 100 words tho,,, sorry  grin
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Sisikill: 12:54am On May 14, 2008
The Female Thing

It’s hogwash he says and I laugh softly, not at all surprised by the anger in his voice. . .eventhough he tries to hide it under nonchalance. I’m not angry that he doesn’t get it. . .he is a guy after all.

It’s your life, he tells me, do what pleases you. . .this time it’s like he’s trying to convince me. I’m sad, I don’t expect  him to really understand that the rules are different for men and women.  It is the one who is pinched that feels the pain, not the one who witnesses the pinch.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Sisikill: 12:56am On May 14, 2008
@ HR hotness
Lol. . .I know what you mean. I sorta cheated on mine by making it a two-parter.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by HRhotness(f): 12:59am On May 14, 2008
Sisikill:

@ HR hotness
Lol. . .I know what you mean. I sorta cheated on mine by making it a two-parter.

well i did very well i think,
I am 5 words over but taking anything else out wld hav ruined it grin
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Sisikill: 1:12am On May 14, 2008
It's gonna defeat the whole purpose of the 100 words drabble if you were to continue, hun? *sigh* I really want to know more about Dawn.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by HRhotness(f): 6:44pm On May 14, 2008
@ Sisikill
I would like to explore the possiblities myself, but i hvnt written anything longer than a few lines in yrs,,, just dont hav the time
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by nanaboi(m): 7:41pm On May 14, 2008
sisikill,
i am so into ur drabbles. nice pieces, well thot out. jst wondering, were they that well motivated? wat i like is the streak of humor in the serious stuff. the persona is almost morbid.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Sisikill: 12:28am On May 15, 2008
HR.hotness:

@ Sisikill
I would like to explore the possiblities myself, but i hvnt written anything longer than a few lines in years,,, just don't hav the time

I understand what you mean about not having time but I do wish you'll continue. . .just start writing it will come.

nanaboi:

sisikill,
i am so into your drabbles. nice pieces, well thot out. jst wondering, where they that well motivated? what i like is the streak of humor in the serious stuff. the persona is almost morbid.

Thank you and I am seriously Lol @ the morbid part. Reminded me of what my writing prof once said to me. . .Enough with the morbid stuff, Next time go for something light. I honestly can't help it and I don't know where it comes fromhmm, maybe I should seek help . I start out never intending to "go there" but then I do. Yeah, I definitely need help.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by HRhotness(f): 12:42am On May 15, 2008
Sisikill:

I understand what you mean about not having time but I do wish you'll continue. . .just start writing it will come.

I know, i really miss it too but I've got a huge design presentation in about a month, gonna be tied up till then,,,
I definately wld like to see where it wld lead grin

Thank you and I am seriously Lol @ the morbid part. Reminded me of what my writing prof once said to me. . .Enough with the morbid stuff, Next time go for something light. I honestly can't help it and I don't know where it comes fromhmm, maybe I should seek help . I start out never intending to "go there" but then I do. Yeah, I definitely need help.

I know what you mean,,, I'm kinda attracted to morbid stuff myself,,, it used to worry my literature teacher, guess thats why i never took up writing for anything other than a hobby grin
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by janami(f): 9:38am On May 15, 2008
As i made my way thru d darkened streets, i brushed at the overzealous mosquitoes that were hell bent on feasting on my already over worked skinny legs. "What do they want with skinny legs anyway?" i grumbled to my self. I had to get home fast, papa would be waiting.
Just then i heard a small noise behind me.
I was scared to look back, certainly i knew i was the only one on the lonely street. i strained my ears to hear the sound clearly. It sounded like footsteps. i picked up my speed almost running. no one was going to snatch the 20 naira i had worked all day for, not even a menacing thief! i began to run, the footstep was getting closer.
i picked up speed and ran. Why did God make nights so dark?
Just then i made out a building with lights beaming out from it. i ran towards it, praying hard as the footsteps behind me got nearer and nearer. Afraid to look back, i ponded at the door of the lonesome house, the door flew open, revealing a rake thin manwearing dirty agbada. he looked at me with kind eyes and smiled. i smiled back, uncertain of what else to do. Then his grin grew wider and my blood ran cold as i glimpsed bloodstained teeth flashing at me and heard the words that came out of the gnarled old lips.
"welcome. we ve been expecting u" I felt myself crumbling as a hand roughly shook me. i opened my eyes scared to even see the face of the person that shook me awake.
It was however papa's face looking at me with concern.
"wake up omoh" He said "You will be late for work" i quickly looked at the clock on my bed side and sighed with great relief. It was just a dream.
The day had not even started yet.

aaaahhhhh . . . . . . i don pass 100 words. i just get carried away smtimes. lol
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Sisikill: 6:42pm On May 15, 2008
HR.hotness:

I know, i really miss it too but I've got a huge design presentation in about a month, going to be tied up till then,,,
I definately would like to see where it would lead grin

I know what you mean,,, I'm kind of attracted to morbid stuff myself,,, it used to worry my literature teacher, guess thats why i never took up writing for anything other than a hobby grin

Lmao. . .good to see I have a partner in morbidness!! Do you think we should form a club? Only those who have maimed or tortured people in their writing can join.

Imagine, instead of these teachers to help us cultivate how writing, they discourage it.

Good Luck with your presentation. . .it sounds like fun.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Sisikill: 6:50pm On May 15, 2008
Mama's Lessons - Crime and Punishment

"What have I done?" knife clatters to the floor. I back away from the scene of my crime.

"If you can't do the time, don't do the crime” Mama’s voice fills the room

Cover-up ideas swirl in my head.

My hands! Oh God, my hands. Need to wash it off, a quick dash to the sink but I stop.

As if possessed, I lick the red liquid mess on my fingers. . .not a bad taste

Back to the dining table, I dip my fingers in the gape the knife had made, scoop more and in my mouth it goes.

Slurping sounds fill the air. Insanity! No doubt but I didn't care. Do the crime, enjoy the crime, do time.

An Extra hour at the gym? Well worth it, I thought enjoying the cake with rich gooey red frostings.

aaahhhhh . . . . . . i don pass 100 words. i just get carried away smtimes. lol

grin
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by nanaboi(m): 7:23pm On May 15, 2008
Morbid club? makes me think of the Hollywood horror movies/ soundtrax awards - they really try to make an oscar out o it.
looks 2 me like I might open my mind 2 a new kind of writing but the difference between me u guyz will be that I will be doing ur genre only part time - ha ha! Guess wat matters is that I'd do it anyway.

Sisikill,

where r u? wat location? I like the pic on ur profile. it's so Sisikill
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by HRhotness(f): 12:14am On May 17, 2008
I remember the last time I heard the thumps through the wall. I was lying on my bed wishing I was at the beach with my friends. It was different this time, louder, faster; I sat up and stared intently at the wall, willing it to stop.

I remember the silence; I ran to the wall and pressed my ear against it. I didn’t expect to hear anything, I had tried before.

Daddy made dinner that evening, he said mummy was unwell. The next morning they came and took her away, she had died that night in her sleep.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Cayon(f): 4:49am On May 17, 2008
"what do you want from me woman" he shouted in anger,,,"what do you want?"  I gave you everything you needed, a house and a car.  Grabbing her by her hands and looking her in the eyes he said with tears in his eyes  "I even give you my heart my love and my everything".  "I want you"  she said, as she tried to pull her arms away from him.

Running his hands through her hair, he whispered in a Barry White tone voice, "but babe you have me" Her heart shivered as she firmly pressed her body on him.  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by HRhotness(f): 11:27am On May 17, 2008
As he lay there dying, he couldn’t help but feel regret, regret that he never got to meet his children. They were all grown up now; Sarah was 19, feisty; on her way to become one of the most powerful human rights activists. Sam was 17, straight A student, captain of the basketball team and all round heartbreaker.

It felt like another life now, him and Katie in the small house by the lake. Now in the stink of this alley way, on the cold hard floor, the life slowly sipped out of him and he shed a single tear.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Cayon(f): 12:27am On May 18, 2008
She always fantasize about making love on a tropical beach.   He held her hands and pulled her into the seawater. Gently he began to kiss her as she reached down and touch his lipsrsealed. His tongue was parting her lips, his hands squeezing her breasts, pinching her nipples through her  transparent blouse.

Then he whispered into her ears "do you want me"  Yes, she answered breathlessly.  Again he whispered into her ears "do you want me" This time she was too weak to answer.  He held her soft hands and lay her down on the sands.  Slowly removing her underwear, he  cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Writers' Checkmate / The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. / J.k.rowling's Fan? Get Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Here + Other Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.