Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (54556 Views)

Quotes From Spartacus, Movies And Series... / Spartacus:vengeance Is Out (discussion) / Any Spartacus : Blood And Sand Fans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Ellylace(f): 12:08pm On Apr 06, 2013
...And again d Mods editing ruins my comment... undecided
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by SailorXY: 12:15pm On Apr 06, 2013
byvan:

Very weak quotes indeed!!Mehn the dialogues in Spartacus are out of this world.

I can't imagine the guy pitching those weak thingzz to the quotes in Spartacus. Its even embarrassing.
Doctore: "...but you lower your shield when you thrust, see it raised, or your brains beside it upon the sands."
Batiatus: "its a pity you did not land more men in the primus Solonius, I fear you maybe eliminated prematurely"
Batiatus: "I hoped to see you here, buying more men for Spartacus to slaughter"
... "F**k value, there is nothing better than having that sh!it eater's pride grounded beneath my heels" ...
"Solonuis, consider the whores, perhaps you'll have better fortune fighting women in the arena"
Glaber:"one day I shall rise above all others, light of accomplishment given warmth by loving wife & cherished heir"
For those screaming that Spartacus' fans are just lovers of vulgar quotes...

Not all quotes are vulgar (no vulgar quotes above), there are many more in the locker...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Korrection(m): 12:33pm On Apr 06, 2013
May the gods strike me from entertaining doubts..batiatus..the way he fight like an old thracian king,spartacus he was called..this man,this spartacus has shown great promise there I and gius claudius glaber grant him life...crixus have you had site of doctore..the ludus was his last blood .adonexius..victor..and who shall face ashur..becareful for i long for blood..naevia lives and thats all that matters..rhaskos divide what you have,i will not ask again...I AM SPARTACUS..
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:00pm On Apr 06, 2013
ghostofsparta:
@ obi1kebobi
Shey na award go yield profit to the producers of Spartacus, abi u tink say na only Spartacus Starz get? There is the new DaVinci Demons and others that have won and will win them awards. Mumu. Spartacus is a class of its own and I wish more like it will be made, something like Vlad - The Legend, let them do something on eastern Europe, rather than the new Vikings which I'm yet to embrace at episode 3 going.

@THOSE BASING THEIR ARGUMENT ON IMDB RATINGS:
Ofcourse any fantasy/magic film/series will sell more than other genre so far it can keep the minds of the unimaginative fired.

Look at this hare-brained cretin. I be mumu because I don't agree with your clueless preference? Which series do Starz have that win these awards? GOT is more successful in every way imaginable than Spartacus is, even excluding awards. Awards from respected peers and reviewers validate the quality of your product. Go and tell Nobel, Pulitzer, Olympic, Grammy, Oscar or Emmy winners that awards mean nothing. What an ìdíöt. So your deluded opinion should be taken above seasoned professionals in the industry that award the best artistic products just because your deluded fangirl self says so?

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by ITbomb(m): 1:03pm On Apr 06, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno: For those people picking Spartacus over Game of Thrones, answer me this;

If Spartacus is so great, then how come it hasn't won a single international award.
Open your convoluted minds and watch Game of Thrones again and appreciate the quality of high budget production.

You seem to me as someone who has been brainwashed by the western media. You have lost your unique individuality and now waiting for the media to make opinion for u based on budget , awards, high profile cast.
Instead of looking at the depth of the storyline and make your own opinion whether it is good or bad.
Let me ask you based on ur position, why is Mazi's NYSC episode [abi na drama u call am] not on the Frontpage in spite of the huge followership.
Possible Answer: Because , even though the storyline is epic , the content would not drag award with Ishilove's Iyawo Nylon pant Bag on the Frontpage
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by 3kay945(m): 1:06pm On Apr 06, 2013
dypo: Let me just give a few quotes on GOT.

Cersei: "When you play the game of thrones, you either win or you die"
Syrio: "What do we say to the God of death" Arya: "Not today"
Eddard: "It is only when we are afraid that we can truly be brave"
Aemon: "Many good men have made bad kings, and some bad men have been good kings"
Anonymous: "Horse does not mate with sheep" Danaerys: "Dragon feasts on horse and sheep alike"

And here's one on the sigils of the seven kingdoms of Westeros
Lannister (Lion): Hear me roar
Stark (Direwolf): Winter is coming
Greyjoy (Kraken): We do not sow!
Baratheon (Stag): Ours is the fury
Tully (Trout): Family, duty, honor
Arryn (Falcon): As high as honor
Targaeyan (Dragon): Fire and Blood

You seriously can't compare both on basis of depth in the dialogue or plot.

With the above, GOT must be a child's play then. Are you really comparing above quotes to that of Spartacus? you must be kidding urself grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by dypo(m): 1:17pm On Apr 06, 2013
More quotes from GOT

“Summer will end soon enough, and childhood as well.”
"Every flight begins with a fall"
“I swear to you, sitting a throne is a thousand times harder than winning one.”
"So much for vows. Words are wind, and the wind escaping from his mouth is no different from the one escaping from his bottom"
"Fear cuts deeper than swords"
“A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.”
“In this world, only winter is certain”
“If I look back I am lost.”

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Ishilove: 1:20pm On Apr 06, 2013
ITbomb:
You seem to me as someone who has been brainwashed by the western media. You have lost your unique individuality and now waiting for the media to make opinion for u based on budget , awards, high profile cast.
Instead of looking at the depth of the storyline and make your own opinion whether it is good or bad.
Let me ask you based on ur position, why is Mazi's NYSC episode [abi na drama u call am] not on the Frontpage in spite of the huge followership.
Possible Answer: Because , even though the storyline is epic , the content would not drag award with Ishilove's Iyawo Nylon pant Bag on the Frontpage
undecided
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by ijebabe: 1:33pm On Apr 06, 2013
I read the quotes from Spartacus posted here and im appalled! Is it the use of profanities coz those quotes are mediocre grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 06, 2013
All u fvckers are posting quotes from Game of Thrones and none of y'all HV listed the "power is power" quote or relay the dialogue?! Fvck outta here, that was one of the best dialogues in TV show ever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifaRhL95HUM
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by SailorXY: 1:50pm On Apr 06, 2013
Obi1kenobi:

Look at this hare-brained cretin. I be mumu because I don't agree with your clueless preference? Which series do Starz have that win these awards? GOT is more successful in every way imaginable than Spartacus is, even excluding awards. Awards from respected peers and reviewers validate the quality of your product. Go and tell Nobel, Pulitzer, Olympic, Grammy, Oscar or Emmy winners that awards mean nothing. What an ìdíöt. So your deluded opinion should be taken above seasoned professionals in the industry that award the best artistic products just because your deluded fangirl self says so?

So from your analogy, because Messi won more awards than Cristiano Ronaldo means he actually has more admirers or fans
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by SailorXY: 2:10pm On Apr 06, 2013
Batiatus: "ring your head round with eyeballs or I'll have the two you possess ripped from ur f**kn skull"
Ashur: Ovidius is the cousin of the magistrate
Batiatus: he can be cousin to Jupiter himself, I don't care. I'll have satisfaction!
Check out this dialogue, it astounds the senses lol
Dominus: you have taken important step towards rising above base animal
Oneameus: it shames me I fall in their place absent thought of honour
Dominus: the pits is a place for man who's lives promise nothing but ugly end, you were destined for far grander fate
Oneameus: the arena...
Dominus: place where legends are forged, I fear for those that dare take the sands against you
Oneameus: I shall make their deaths memorable
Dominus: the gods will be pleased
Oneameus: I do not fight for the gods... I fight for you, that is my purpose, my life... To honour the house of Batiatus
Dominus: the honour is mine

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Aphrodite4(f): 2:13pm On Apr 06, 2013
How many of you here watched Game of Thrones or Spartacus LEGALLY??
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by ITbomb(m): 2:32pm On Apr 06, 2013
Aphrodite4: How many of you here watched Game of Thrones or Spartacus LEGALLY??
legally as in paying ur tax, buying DVD , TV , laptop with ur legally earned money, paying ur rent and internet subscription and watching the downloaded series on ur TV or lappy with your licensed gun beside you?
I do

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Seun(m): 2:37pm On Apr 06, 2013
Aphrodite4: How many of you here watched Game of Thrones or Spartacus LEGALLY??
is that even possible?
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by montelik(m): 2:39pm On Apr 06, 2013
Spartacus dialogue is at times funny but mostly corny/cheesy. Its like whomever writes it is trying to mix Okotie style speaking and Shakespearean language, punctuated with as much needless profanity as possible. There were times when some one like Batiatus is speaking and I wonder whether I am watching a real show or some parody film. It is needlessly over the top. It was nice that they toned in down in the later seasons as it was thoroughly distracting.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Seun(m): 2:43pm On Apr 06, 2013
Tyrion: If I asked you to murder an infant girl still on her mother's breast, would you do it without question?
Bronn: Without question? No, I'll ask "how much"

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by 3kay945(m): 2:46pm On Apr 06, 2013
dypo: More quotes from GOT

“Summer will end soon enough, and childhood as well.”
"Every flight begins with a fall"
“I swear to you, sitting a throne is a thousand times harder than winning one.”
"So much for vows. Words are wind, and the wind escaping from his mouth is no different from the one escaping from his bottom"
"Fear cuts deeper than swords"
“A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.”
“In this world, only winter is certain”
“If I look back I am lost.”

still thrash to me..
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by isaco(m): 3:03pm On Apr 06, 2013
Spatacus type of movie is not to be encouraged in our society, too bad! is like a semi sex film, if I package naked ladies togeda wit guys doing it like Spatacus it ll sell lik mad. But l kno is never a good thing. The film is anti God, anti human, and highly immoral. Actually, d story, d lines n d making r nice, but I remain in d opinion dat Spatacus is not good for eye, too corrupt! I most go n watch GOT now. " Even without immorality Prison Break moves d world" I watch d film wit my little kid.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by coogar: 3:09pm On Apr 06, 2013
montelik: Spartacus dialogue is at times funny but mostly corny/cheesy. Its like whomever writes it is trying to mix Okotie style speaking and Shakespearean language, punctuated with as much needless profanity as possible. There were times when some one like Batiatus is speaking and I wonder whether I am watching a real show or some parody film. It is needlessly over the top. It was nice that they toned in down in the later seasons as it was thoroughly distracting.

spartacus has more quality dialogue than GOT!
even the most ardent fan of GOT would confess to that - the only good conversationalist on GOT that would walk into a spartacus set is the imp...besides, GOT's scripting and editing is flawed. too many characters too and it's often like a chaotic classroom when the teacher is not present!

the lines on spartacus are just too ill for the average mind - they literally recreated how english language should be spoken. "remove self from fücking sight" is as brilliant as anything shakespeare wrote. it's what it is - look beyond the nüdity and the gore and right before you is the most beautiful story ever told on television!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by ijebabe: 3:18pm On Apr 06, 2013
coogar:
"remove self from fücking sight" is as brilliant as anything shakespeare wrote. it's what it is!
Yeshua!!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by blackbeau1(f): 3:22pm On Apr 06, 2013
I'd take Game of thrones anyday
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 06, 2013
Game of thrones:

Sansa: what about the king?

Hound: he can die just fine on his own
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 06, 2013
3kay945:

still thrash to me..
Shut up your distasteful mouth.....go back to watching papa ajasco and GTFOH!

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 06, 2013
"I have never been nothing, I'm the blood of the dragon"
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 06, 2013
Tyrion: Sometimes possession is an abstract concept. When they captured me, they took my purse, but the gold is still mine.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by SailorXY: 3:40pm On Apr 06, 2013
coogar:

spartacus has more quality dialogue than GOT!
even the most ardent fan of GOT would confess to that - the only good conversationalist on GOT that would walk into a spartacus set is the imp...besides, GOT's scripting and editing is flawed. too many characters too and it's often like a chaotic classroom when the teacher is not present!

the lines on spartacus are just too ill for the average mind - they literally recreated how english language should be spoken. "remove self from fücking sight" is as brilliant as anything shakespeare wrote. it's what it is - look beyond the nüdity and the gore and right before you is the most beautiful story ever told on television!
Exactly my thoughts.
ijebabe:

Yeshua!!
Magistrate: "you press beyond reason... now follow once noble monument & collapse from sight"
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Korrection(m): 3:54pm On Apr 06, 2013
So game of throne is not for entertainment? Agbaya. Even things fall apart is better than GOT
Obi1kenobi: You've got to laugh at these Spartacus fans. They obviously know little about what makes a great series. Some even think it shows class and maturity to follow Spartacus. That's a laughable claim considering Spartacus is the most juvenile, easiest, cheapest thrill to follow if you don't wanna engage your intellect watching more stimulating series like Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Homeland etc. There is a reason why Spartacus, in 4 years of production, has never won a single Emmy or Golden Globe award in any category of recognition - be it for acting, casting, direction, production, cinematography, script writing, costuming etc. Not even ONE single big award.

Go to the site for Metacritic - a review site that aggregates critical reviews and ratings from the elite media houses like Time, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, The Guardian, Telegraph etc - and see which respectable reviewers rate Spartacus highly. Go to IMDB's audience review site and see who rates Spartacus among the elite of tv series. Spartacus is a bottom feeder of a series. It's like watching WWE wrestling and comparing it to more credible, respected sports. Once again, if you think Spartacus is that amazing, why doesn't it get the respect and recognition of it's peers, reviewers and awarders in the industry?

Game of Thrones is a great series. Spartacus is just barely decent entertainment. They are not in the same class AT ALL.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by ijebabe: 3:54pm On Apr 06, 2013
undecided Hahaha! I can't even feign irritation grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 06, 2013
haaa, I'm so in love with Tyrion Lannister.

"I'm not questioning your honor, Lord Janos, I'm denying its existence"

Tyrion rules mehn grin grin grin

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by 3kay945(m): 4:02pm On Apr 06, 2013
Shollypopz:
Shut up our distasteful mouth.....go back to watching papa ajasco and GTFOH!

why this? is it because I thrash ur GOT

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

BBNaina: Diane Gets Evicted From Big Brother Naija / Bisola Gets A Letter From Single Mothers Association For Giving TTT MouthAction / 50+ Examples Of Cartoon Logic That Will Make You Facepalm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.