Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (54555 Views)

Quotes From Spartacus, Movies And Series... / Spartacus:vengeance Is Out (discussion) / Any Spartacus : Blood And Sand Fans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by paulkhalifa(m): 12:52am On Apr 06, 2013
f**k spartacus going with game of thrones
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 12:55am On Apr 06, 2013
Game of Thrones man!

Also devoured the novels with relish. George RR Martin is a good writer.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by 50calibre(m): 1:23am On Apr 06, 2013
SailorXY:
Barca:"You interrupt my co.ck with empty hands??" to Ashur
Duro: "Castus & the other Gauls refuse to grab co.ck without Crixus holding their ba.lls" to Spartacus
hahahahahahaha

Hahaha
Cossutius : a woman's worth is not always revealed to the eye, a man must probe deeper for true value (inserts fingers into two girls vagi*na)

Oenamaeus to barca : barca pair with crixus
Barca to oenamaeus : oenamaeus! This one is too small, il have somthing the size of a man.

Actus : the Gaul winces from spear as he would from my co*k.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Shola2009(m): 2:20am On Apr 06, 2013
Spartacus Vs. GOT ? like..comparing Oranges and....Cow.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by delors(m): 2:23am On Apr 06, 2013
Those saying GOT havent really seen spactacus...
Behold! Spactacus, the bringer of rain! The slayer of the shadow of death! The new champion of Capua!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me how sensational GOT is...no catching words...ill-trained fights, even a 9 year old girl bests supposed super warriors...
f**kin c^*nt..Doctore to Batiatus - Even my own mother could best any of them
Batiatus to Doctore - you have no mother! You were belched from the c***nt of the underworld, that's why I chose you...

GOT is just hyped...no action at all...Spactacus earned its publicity. When you have figheters like Spactacus, Gannicus, Crixus, the EGYPTIAN (my fav), crassus, Ceasar...then u know say TOGETHER, WE SHALL MAKE ROME TREMBLE!!!!!!!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by ghostofsparta(m): 3:16am On Apr 06, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

Spartacus: Blood and Sand (Season 1)

Spartacus: Gods of the Arena (Season 2)

Spartacus: Vengeance (Season 3)

Spartacus: War Of the Damned (Season 4)

Need I say more?

Guy chill, no de be Gods of The Arena is not season 2, it's a prequel to Season 1: Blood and Sand.

@Topic:
All mortals who thinks to compare Game of Thrones to Spartacus should be condemned to the Pits. Haba! Comparing the two is a disequilibrium of, it's like pitting Gollum(GoT)with Collossus of Rhodes(SPTCUS). Aside from the creators of Spartacus like Sam Raimi who themselves were forged from elementals of movie-making, Spartacus, Andy or not, is a drug-pump, adrenaline-rush, non-stop enraged JUGGERNAUT. Those of you stating that Spartacus deserves a low verdict arguing that it is lewd-filled should stick to Palloma & Diego or those off-s3x indian films. Don't you hypocrites think about having guilty conscience before using your fingering fingers to type statements like "Spartacus is a b/f jor", "Spartacus is a nudity/mojo film". What is that crappy series called again? Game of Thorns? Okay Game of Thrones, ...that wimpy, huff-puffy attempt at something grand-turned-debacle. First time I glimpsed it, i.e. the title: 'Game' 'of' 'Thrones' I reckoned it oughta be retake on something medievily hot given the word 'Throne' and at last a new and genuine fantasy series to hopefully fie for given the image of the official cover having a character who seemed like a Warlock who had rolled many heads to attain that royal sit, 'Yes, finally...a series to forever teach fools what a good fantasy should be like rather than those unoriginally dry and bloated Legend of the Seeker and Merlin that shook and took the under-nutured unimaginative minds of so many Nigerians by surprise, only for GoT to prove worst. I have these keen sense of analysing foreign stuff, I usually succumb to whatever can render bewilderment in a sensible and reasonable way, therefore the likes of Games of Thrones is not even comparable with even The Walking Dead, first of all, as a male, I like and appreciate well choreographed combats that are realistically convincing enough to make me ponder 'how'd they did that shit', don't get me wrong as I do not mean blood and gore which by the way, despite being SFX, too much of it may inspire squeamish like in 'Ironclad' and 'Centurion' (when it isn't Scream 10), I am talking about realistic fightings, mass clash, like....not in that silly Collin Farell's Alexander but hits like Russel Crowe's Gladiator and Robin Hood, Scott Adkin's Undisputed II & III and all time favourite Miller&Buttler's 300 ( I learned a sequel is coming this year which is going to be based on the events that took place before the Battle of Thermapoyle led by the only female warrior to have bested the Greeks or so, captaining fleets of Persian battle ships...not sure sha).

Back to GoT vs Spartacus MAIN

What first turned me off about GoT is really it wet combat scenes, I mean it's so awkward and unrealistic it makes 90s British wrestling not so boring afterall. I mean how could warriors be clashing swords and the next camera cut are the dead, even the Nigerians movie-makers I hate to dislike can do better than that seen in GoT. Nevertheless I played the worm and endured episode 2 through 4 in the hopes of getting hooked with it budding under-developed story of over-used story-telling style and foreseeable conspiristic plots, I eventually lost it and broke the DVD plates like Isabella broke Aro's head while been held down by Edward in Breaking Dawn II.

B R E A K D O W N. S

...............................................................GoT..............................VS............Spartacus
Genre:................................................Fantasy/Fiction............................Historical/semi-authentic
Theme:.............................................Sword&Sorcery..........................Emancipation from slavery
Combat:...........................................Cheap and watery.......................Fierce and convincing
Acting&Performance:........Normal....................................................Great
Creativity:......................................Superb................................................ Normal
Directing:.........................................Poor........................................................Superb
Element of surprise:.............***(3/10).......................................****** (6/10)
Lewd:.................................................****(4/10)....................................**********(10/10)
Violence/Gore:.........................*(1/10)...............................................**********(10/10)
Profanity/Vulgar:..................****(4/10)....................................**********(10/10)
Theme Song:...............................**********(10/10)...............**(2/10)

WINNER: Spartacus (Starz Original)

Verdict: Game of Thrones is like that silly, puerile Naruto which is meant for those who need to be filled with an over-dosage of fantasy and magic while Spartacus is like Samurai Champloo having properly animated combat scene and a story one wishes not to end.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by xcuggsm(m): 3:38am On Apr 06, 2013
"A Gladiator does *not* fear
death. He embraces it.
Caresses it. *bleeps* it. Each
time he enters the arena, he
slips his cock in the mouth of
the beast, and prays to thrust
home be fore the jaws snap
shut". - DOCTORE (Spartacus)
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 3:46am On Apr 06, 2013
How do they get so many girls to go nak.ed in these films?

embarassed undecided
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 4:20am On Apr 06, 2013
50calibre:
[b][/b]
Words drop from your mouth like sh*t from a*sss

Death by fire is the purest way to die!

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 5:18am On Apr 06, 2013
I.Joan:
How do they get so many girls to go nak.ed in these films?

embarassed undecided
the actors signed a nudïty clause.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 5:51am On Apr 06, 2013
Mr Bean anyday anytime!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by zebudaya(m): 6:09am On Apr 06, 2013
Haven't seen game of thrones yet, but SPARTACUS is a god.

Those of you degrading SPARTACUS, pull head from a$$ and use it for once grin or better yet set hands to task and watch it with a non judgmental mindset.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Chomzy19(f): 6:42am On Apr 06, 2013
Thank God most pple here saying spartacus admits they haven't seen GOT... When u guys see the GOT u 'll quickly come and change ur verdict
Have watched spartacus to d 4th seson, d season 1 n 2 makes mega sense, but for d 3 n 4, its just poo meanwhile GOT is way better. If u haven't seen it don't dull ya life ooo, rush nw n grab ur copy!!!

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by delors(m): 6:56am On Apr 06, 2013
zebudaya: Haven't seen game of thrones yet, but SPARTACUS is a god.

Those of you degrading SPARTACUS, pull head from a$$ and use it for once grin or better yet set hands to task and watch it with a non judgmental mindset.
Pulling head from a***s..Spactacus to Varro... grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by azpekuliar: 7:38am On Apr 06, 2013
DJDOLA: For me spartercus is d best..d first day my girlfreind watch spertacus wit me dat is d first day I 4uck her heard..thank god for spertacus if not dat maybe by now I will still be begin my gf for s.ex

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by jannicus: 7:49am On Apr 06, 2013
Spartacus all the way. . . . .
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by kaymovic(m): 7:55am On Apr 06, 2013
After Prison Break...We Talk About The Game Of Thrones...So You Might Not Kill What Is Dead...GOT All The Way...Spactacus Is Not In The Class Of GOT,PB,LOST,...Spactacus Should B Compared With Series Like Rosewell
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by kaymovic(m): 7:57am On Apr 06, 2013
@Djdola Are U Joking Me...Can U Imagine,u Comparing A Furnished Mojo To A World Class,Epic,Mind Blowing....Series Like Game Of Thrones

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 06, 2013
DJDOLA: For me spartercus is d best..d first day my girlfreind watch spertacus wit me dat is d first day I 4uck her heard..thank god for spertacus if not dat maybe by now I will still be begin my gf for s.ex
very Immatured dude.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Ignatio(m): 8:07am On Apr 06, 2013
Both series got uncensored action, depth and quality.

GOT is more mentally challenging.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by codedguy1(m): 8:09am On Apr 06, 2013
Ok now I gast to see this game of thrones. But meeeehn spartscus was the bomb. I got captivated right from the beginning. The script and wordings are out of this world.

This "game of thrones" better be what peeps say it is cos I could not stand merlyn and legend of the seeker, they were childish to say the least.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Abok1(m): 8:27am On Apr 06, 2013
Spartacus: Let us see ourselves far from here and honor the fallen with future victories... and the blood of Marcus Crassus. #Spartacus #war
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Abok1(m): 8:28am On Apr 06, 2013
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Ignatio(m): 8:32am On Apr 06, 2013
ghostofsparta:

Guy chill, no de be Gods of The Arena is not season 2, it's a prequel to Season 1: Blood and Sand.

@Topic:
All mortals who thinks to compare Game of Thrones to Spartacus should be condemned to the Pits. Haba! Comparing the two is a disequilibrium of, it's like pitting Gollum(GoT)with Collossus of Rhodes(SPTCUS). Aside from the creators of Spartacus like Sam Raimi who themselves were forged from elementals of movie-making, Spartacus, Andy or not, is a drug-pump, adrenaline-rush, non-stop enraged JUGGERNAUT. Those of you stating that Spartacus deserves a low verdict arguing that it is lewd-filled should stick to Palloma & Diego or those off-s3x indian films. Don't you hypocrites think about having guilty conscience before using your fingering fingers to type statements like "Spartacus is a b/f jor", "Spartacus is a nudity/mojo film". What is that crappy series called again? Game of Thorns? Okay Game of Thrones, ...that wimpy, huff-puffy attempt at something grand-turned-debacle. First time I glimpsed it, i.e. the title: 'Game' 'of' 'Thrones' I reckoned it oughta be retake on something medievily hot given the word 'Throne' and at last a new and genuine fantasy series to hopefully fie for given the image of the official cover having a character who seemed like a Warlock who had rolled many heads to attain that royal sit, 'Yes, finally...a series to forever teach fools what a good fantasy should be like rather than those unoriginally dry and bloated Legend of the Seeker and Merlin that shook and took the under-nutured unimaginative minds of so many Nigerians by surprise, only for GoT to prove worst. I have these keen sense of analysing foreign stuff, I usually succumb to whatever can render bewilderment in a sensible and reasonable way, therefore the likes of Games of Thrones is not even comparable with even The Walking Dead, first of all, as a male, I like and appreciate well choreographed combats that are realistically convincing enough to make me ponder 'how'd they did that shit', don't get me wrong as I do not mean blood and gore which by the way, despite being SFX, too much of it may inspire squeamish like in 'Ironclad' and 'Centurion' (when it isn't Scream 10), I am talking about realistic fightings, mass clash, like....not in that silly Collin Farell's Alexander but hits like Russel Crowe's Gladiator and Robin Hood, Scott Adkin's Undisputed II & III and all time favourite Miller&Buttler's 300 ( I learned a sequel is coming this year which is going to be based on the events that took place before the Battle of Thermapoyle led by the only female warrior to have bested the Greeks or so, captaining fleets of Persian battle ships...not sure sha).

Back to GoT vs Spartacus MAIN

What first turned me off about GoT is really it wet combat scenes, I mean it's so awkward and unrealistic it makes 90s British wrestling not so boring afterall. I mean how could warriors be clashing swords and the next camera cut are the dead, even the Nigerians movie-makers I hate to dislike can do better than that seen in GoT. Nevertheless I played the worm and endured episode 2 through 4 in the hopes of getting hooked with it budding under-developed story of over-used story-telling style and foreseeable conspiristic plots, I eventually lost it and broke the DVD plates like Isabella broke Aro's head while been held down by Edward in Breaking Dawn II.

B R E A K D O W N. S

...............................................................GoT vs. Spartacus
Genre: Fantasy/Fiction. Historical/semi-authentic
Theme: Sword&Sorcery. Emancipation from slavery
Combat: Cheap and watery Fierce and convincing
Acting&Performance: Normal. Great
Creativity: Superb Normal
Directing: Poor Superb
Element of surprise: ***(3/10) ****** (6/10)
Lewd: ****(4/10) **********(10/10)
Violence/Gore: *(1/10) **********(10/10)
Profanity/Vulgar: ****(4/10). **********(10/10)
WINNER: Spartacus (Starz Original)

Verdict: Game of Thrones is like that silly, puerile Naruto which is meant for those who need to be filled with an over-dosage of fantasy and magic while Spartacus is like Samurai Champloo having properly animated combat scene and a story one wishes not to end.

Just sat you don't like fantasy tales/movies.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by drnoel: 8:40am On Apr 06, 2013
Well since its just comparing the two, I'd suggest ye all read the books then come back to comment. GOT can't be compared with Spartacus. They are not in the same league. GOT is of course a lot better. U don't believe that go and look at their imbd rating.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by dypo(m): 8:43am On Apr 06, 2013
Let me just give a few quotes on GOT.

Cersei: "When you play the game of thrones, you either win or you die"
Syrio: "What do we say to the God of death" Arya: "Not today"
Eddard: "It is only when we are afraid that we can truly be brave"
Aemon: "Many good men have made bad kings, and some bad men have been good kings"
Anonymous: "Horse does not mate with sheep" Danaerys: "Dragon feasts on horse and sheep alike"

And here's one on the sigils of the seven kingdoms of Westeros
Lannister (Lion): Hear me roar
Stark (Direwolf): Winter is coming
Greyjoy (Kraken): We do not sow!
Baratheon (Stag): Ours is the fury
Tully (Trout): Family, duty, honor
Arryn (Falcon): As high as honor
Targaeyan (Dragon): Fire and Blood

You seriously can't compare both on basis of depth in the dialogue or plot.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by duwell(m): 8:45am On Apr 06, 2013
U cant compare GOT with spartacus. Its a series like ROME that can b placed wth spartacus.
Spartacus hav got class. Those who like GOT ar those who like MERLIN and u kno there are many of them.
SPARTACUS is a seasn for guys that hav got a higher taste, CLASS and fearless.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by jinkees: 8:49am On Apr 06, 2013
Pls pls hw do u download game of thrones which website pls tell me lemmi download it
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by 2tangle123(m): 8:52am On Apr 06, 2013
Spartacus is a spectacular Epic movie, Reknown for it's combination of Enlish words and memorable quotes..I remember this favourite quote from Doctore " A woman, a very delicate creature, at the best of times they driven by passions that are unknown to the men that put their trust in them"..It a great movie any day except for it's over nudity that has led many to masturbation and homosexuality (-tive)..I can't wait to see "game of thrones"
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by jinkees: 8:59am On Apr 06, 2013
AMvanquish: For me I personally hate series! I can't stand watchin episode after episode. I don't have that luxury of time. From 24, to Prison break , after watching two episodes I get fed up. This was until I watched game of thrones. I used 1 whole weekend to watch season 1. And quickly got to downloading season 2. To be honest! The sheer fact that it is unpredictable got me hooked! You cannot predict whose head would be cut off next, whose scheming would work out, infact its just like Nigerian politics. You never know what would happen next. Its the only series that I completed a whole season! Can't wait for season 3. Just my 2 cents.
please somebody shld tell me where I can download game of thrones from. Please
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by droid007: 9:06am On Apr 06, 2013
The stats speak for themselves. Got season 3 premiere is the most download thing in the history of torrents, with over 160k seeds. Spartacus does not come close

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by BasseyJ(m): 9:08am On Apr 06, 2013
Havnt watched G0T yet, but i have devoured the novel, all 5 of them, it was the only thing i could do when i started it, during lectures, on the road, etc. Spartacus is good, but if GOT series is as good as the novels, then Spartacus comes 2nd to it. And to all you all saying quotes from GOT, bring on the good ones, almost everything the imp says is a classic.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

BBNaina: Diane Gets Evicted From Big Brother Naija / Bisola Gets A Letter From Single Mothers Association For Giving TTT MouthAction / 50+ Examples Of Cartoon Logic That Will Make You Facepalm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.