Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,860 members, 7,828,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Intelligent Design Is Not The Same As Creationism?: Thoughts - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Intelligent Design Is Not The Same As Creationism?: Thoughts (1597 Views)

Newsflash!! Forget Bigbang, Forget Creationism, The Universe Had No Begining. / Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC / Creationism Or Evolution - Post Your Peer-review Articles Here And Lets Discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intelligent Design Is Not The Same As Creationism?: Thoughts by thehomer: 10:47am On Apr 09, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Wrong ! You failed to show how it isn't science and how it is a religious idea.

I can show it is not science and from its history, we know that it is a religious idea. Its proponents generally admit this when they think they're speaking in private.

Uyi Iredia:
You fail to note what I'd theorists have reiterated, that I'd notes some things are designed and brings design detection to the question of life's origins.

What example do you have in mind?

Uyi Iredia:
If it is a religious idea it should deal with the supernatural, God, rites etc things which have NEVER been associated with it.

Again, its proponents admit when they think they're speaking in secret that the designer they're talking about is a supernatural God.

Uyi Iredia:
You are simply spewing out the nonsense die-hard evolutionists have told you which you have FAILED to critically analyse especially by taking the ID theorists rebutalls into consideration.

Their rebuttals fail. In fact, as you can see from this citation, one of the effects of Intelligent Design Creationism is that astrology would be considered as science. Do you think astrology is considered as science?

So take the time to think critically before you voice your ignorance.
Re: Intelligent Design Is Not The Same As Creationism?: Thoughts by UyiIredia(m): 2:01am On Apr 21, 2013
thehomer:

I can show it is not science and from its history, we know that it is a religious idea. Its proponents generally admit this when they think they're speaking in private.

It should be a religious idea given the general understanding of religion as bordering on things on the supernatural, morals and rites. Things which, I repeat have nothing to do with ID.

thehomer:

Design detection in arson or murder cases.

thehomer: Again, its proponents admit when they think they're speaking in secret that the designer they're talking about is a supernatural God.

That's to be expected from the theists. And more importantly, that' idea is not presented in any of their arguments.

thehomer:
Their rebuttals fail. In fact, as you can see from this citation, one of the effects of Intelligent Design Creationism is that astrology would be considered as science. Do you think astrology is considered as science?

I did not read the citation. Instead quote relevant parts here. You FAILED to show how their rebuttals fail.
Re: Intelligent Design Is Not The Same As Creationism?: Thoughts by UyiIredia(m): 2:01am On Apr 21, 2013
thehomer:

It should be a religious idea given the general understanding of religion as bordering on things on the supernatural, morals and rites. Things which, I repeat have nothing to do with ID.

thehomer:

thehomer: Again, its proponents admit when they think they're speaking in secret that the designer they're talking about is a supernatural God.

That's to be expected from the theists. And more importantly, that' idea is not presented in any of their arguments.

thehomer:

I did not read the citation. Instead quote relevant parts here. You FAILED to show how their rebuttals fail.
Re: Intelligent Design Is Not The Same As Creationism?: Thoughts by thehomer: 9:37am On Apr 22, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

If it is a religious idea, then why do you expect it to be considered as science? Religion also tries to talk about events in the real world. e.g the creation story tries to provide a factual account of how humans came to be on earth.

Uyi Iredia:

Murder automatically implies that the perpetrator was human. Or do you think you can accuse a malfunctioned car of being a murderer?

Uyi Iredia:

Their arguments are incomplete without it.

Uyi Iredia:

Well you really should read the citation. Everything written there is relevant. It shows the religious roots and its unscientific implications.
Re: Intelligent Design Is Not The Same As Creationism?: Thoughts by UyiIredia(m): 7:48pm On May 07, 2013
thehomer:

If it is a religious idea, then why do you expect it to be considered as science? Religion also tries to talk about events in the real world. e.g the creation story tries to provide a factual account of how humans came to be on earth.

Which is why I said religious ideas have nothing to do with the ID theory.

thehomer:
Murder automatically implies that the perpetrator was human. Or do you think you can accuse a malfunctioned car of being a murderer?

The 'murderer' could e a wild beast or a harmful object.

thehomer:
Their arguments are incomplete without it.

It isn't.

thehomer:
Well you really should read the citation. Everything written there is relevant. It shows the religious roots and its unscientific implications.

Quote the relevant parts. Otherwise, I'm not reading it.
Re: Intelligent Design Is Not The Same As Creationism?: Thoughts by thehomer: 3:01pm On May 08, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Which is why I said religious ideas have nothing to do with the ID theory.

The 'murderer' could e a wild beast or a harmful object.

It isn't.

Quote the relevant parts. Otherwise, I'm not reading it.

You're obviously not ready to do the work required in understanding the problems with intelligent design creationism.

Good luck.
Re: Intelligent Design Is Not The Same As Creationism?: Thoughts by UyiIredia(m): 5:56pm On May 16, 2013
thehomer:

You're obviously not ready to do the work required in understanding the problems with intelligent design creationism.

Good luck.

And you are impervious to reason on this subject, evidenced by how your wrongly lump ID with creationism.

(1) (2) (Reply)

At 70, Men Still Run After Me – Rev. Margaret Idahosa / Pastor Tunde Bakare Condemns Suspension Of John & Love Kumuyi / Is There A Need For The Saviour?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.