Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

The Fires Of Hell - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fires Of Hell (10512 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Warns Members About Sister Linda's Message Of Hell / Woman Gets A Glimpse Of Hell After Suicide Attempt / MFM Fires 50 Pastors For Stealing Church Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fires Of Hell by ijawkid(m): 7:03am On Apr 21, 2013
Bidam: am pretty sure you follow a false christ.

Just because he said the Christ he follows is the one that is the son of God??........
Re: The Fires Of Hell by alexleo(m): 10:14am On Apr 21, 2013
frosbel:

I mentioned deeperlife as a former member , because I know your 'holier than thou', 'I know it all' , 'above the rest' and 'we are the best' mentality.

Maybe a little humility will do some good.

cheesy

@OLADAEGBU,
This is one thing I kick against in frosbels argument. Always mentioning church when arguing with someone and I reject this in him. Having said that, when you look at the point he made about your church he is not wrong. Some brethren in my church are guilty of this too. Ola, you and i know that a lot of brethren in your church as well as in my own church feel that we are the only church that preaches the truth while others are not. This is very bad. Those our brethren who feels that way are in the bondage of false feeling. I even see it as a slight on the personality of Jesus for anybody to feel that their church is the only church that is preparing people for heaven or that shows the way to heaven. When Elijah said that he was the only remaining prophet who has not bowed to baal what did God tell him? Jesus told us that he is the way, the truth and the life and that's where it ends. It seems some of us have replaced Jesus with our churches as the way, the truth and the life. This is very bad. What I ll advicee you to do is to start reorientating the minds of your members to do away with such false feeling. Its not of God. Speak in meetings, talk to them individually and do all with love and you ll see them changing. Its all about Jesus I keep saying. At the same time frosbel is also guilty of what he is accusing you of because he also believes he is liberating believers from so called false teachings. This is a false believe too and he is in the same bondage. It is Jesus that liberates or sets us free. For anybody to come here and tell me he is liberating people because you can scramble through the pages of the scriptures to get some bible quotation which you can give any interpretation the person is talking nonsense. Atheists also claim they are liberating and of course they are winning some people on their side with their useless message, satanists claims they are liberating and they are winning some too with their satanic message, frosbel claims he is liberating and he too is winning some on his side, you too are liberating and you are also winning some on your side. Let's stop all this liberation nonsense and just drop the word. If someone is convinced that's for the person and if anyone rejects that's it too. I am not here to liberate anybody, mine is to drop the little I know and learn from any message that am convinced about. Thanks.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:12pm On Apr 21, 2013
Boomark:

I thought preaching the word should be something of "anyone that has ear let him hear." do we now have true seekers and fake seekers. Can't i be touched by your explanations to change.

Explanations to change from what? You have to be specific. I'm not here to call folks to change from one church or religion to another but to change from the power of darkness into the kingdom of the Son of God.

Boomark:

Christian Brothers should not hoard explanations of the word for any personal reason or because of any individual.

That is why I ask you whether you are saved or not. I don't want to waste your time and make you angry in the process.

Boomark:

Am i still getting the explanations?

My "explanations" will come as soon as you answer my preliminary questions.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:15pm On Apr 21, 2013
Bidam:

a perfect description that portrays the deception of the times and seasons we live in.

Those wolves come in different shape and form, even satan transforms himself as an angel of light.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:23pm On Apr 21, 2013
Bidam:

this graphic illustration fits frosbel who is on a steady decline to becoming an atheist.

He actually doesn't believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ just as he doesn't believe in the doctrine of eternal damnation as this thread shows. It will be better if he addressess himself as an religious humanist. There are many on this forum who claim to speak for God but they hide their real intentions.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:34pm On Apr 21, 2013
alexleo:

@OLADAEGBU,
This is one thing I kick against in frosbels argument. Always mentioning church when arguing with someone and I reject this in him. Having said that, when you look at the point he made about your church he is not wrong. Some brethren in my church are guilty of this too. Ola, you and i know that a lot of brethren in your church as well as in my own church feel that we are the only church that preaches the truth while others are not. This is very bad. Those our brethren who feels that way are in the bondage of false feeling. I even see it as a slight on the personality of Jesus for anybody to feel that their church is the only church that is preparing people for heaven or that shows the way to heaven. When Elijah said that he was the only remaining prophet who has not bowed to baal what did God tell him? Jesus told us that he is the way, the truth and the life and that's where it ends. It seems some of us have replaced Jesus with our churches as the way, the truth and the life. This is very bad. What I ll advicee you to do is to start reorientating the minds of your members to do away with such false feeling. Its not of God. Speak in meetings, talk to them individually and do all with love and you ll see them changing. Its all about Jesus I keep saying. At the same time frosbel is also guilty of what he is accusing you of because he also believes he is liberating believers from so called false teachings. This is a false believe too and he is in the same bondage. It is Jesus that liberates or sets us free. For anybody to come here and tell me he is liberating people because you can scramble through the pages of the scriptures to get some bible quotation which you can give any interpretation the person is talking nonsense. Atheists also claim they are liberating and of course they are winning some people on their side with their useless message, satanists claims they are liberating and they are winning some too with their satanic message, frosbel claims he is liberating and he too is winning some on his side, you too are liberating and you are also winning some on your side. Let's stop all this liberation nonsense and just drop the word. If someone is convinced that's for the person and if anyone rejects that's it too. I am not here to liberate anybody, mine is to drop the little I know and learn from any message that am convinced about. Thanks.

This is discursive, digressive, roving and desultory from the topic on this thread. And if you have an ax to grind with 'Deeper Life' why don't you confront them or better still take out a paid advert in one of the leading newspapers instead of taking a cheap shot at imaginary folks here? Who made you a judge over them that you are sitting behind your screen to pass judgments on another church's conduct? And if the burden is too heavy on you have you thought of taking it to the Lord in prayer?
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:38pm On Apr 21, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

The Fires of Hell
April 7, 2013

"And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell" (James 3:6).

Since the tongue can be a "world of iniquity" if it is "set on fire of hell," this implies that hell itself is not merely a "lake of fire" but is essentially a world of iniquity where "he that is unjust" and "he which is filthy" are unjust and filthy still (Revelation 22:11), separated forever "from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power" (1 Thessalonians 1:9). This is the destiny of all who "obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ" (v. 8.)

Their resurrected bodies presumably will be quickly consumed by the very real fires of the fiery lake, but their spirits are eternal, created in the image of God, and will continue to exist eternally in a world of iniquity, having spurned Christ's free gift of righteousness and love. This will not be mere physical suffering but spiritual suffering.

The hell described in Islam's Qu'ran is quite different. It consists of physical tortures of all kinds, described frequently throughout the book, seemingly with relish by its author as the destiny of all "infidels" (meaning all who refuse to become Muslims and submit to a god called Allah and his prophet Muhammad). On the other hand, a very sensual paradise is repeatedly promised to all faithful male Muslims, with dozens of "dark-eyed" nymphs available to serve them (little is said about rewards for faithful women).

Christians and Muslims have some beliefs in common, of course, but the overriding consideration in comparing them must always be the fact that Christ alone has defeated death and can save all who come to Him in faith, promising eternal life in a real heaven with no more tears and no more pain (Revelation 21:4). HMM

For more . . . .

This is the topic on hand before the trolls disgression party came along.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Boomark(m): 9:17pm On Apr 21, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Explanations to change from what? You have to be specific. I'm not here to call folks to change from one church or religion to another but to change from the power of darkness into the kingdom of the Son of God.

That is why I ask you whether you are saved or not. I don't want to waste your time and make you agree in the process.

My "explanations" will come as soon as you answer my preliminary questions.

But you have forgotten that you are not evangelizing to me alone. Assuming i decide to be stubborn and never answer your question truthfully, will you allow my actions stop you from bringing people out of darkness into light by just explaining?

Or is there nothing to explain in Jn14:3?
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 21, 2013
The hypocrite still can't explain John 14:3.

smiley
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:41pm On Apr 21, 2013
Boomark:

But you have forgotten that you are not evangelizing to me alone. Assuming i decide to be stubborn and never answer your question truthfully, will you allow my actions stop you from bringing people out of darkness into light by just explaining?

Why will you be stubborn and not truthfully answer my kweshions? You will not be helping me to decipher and discern whether you are a diligent sincere seeker of the truth or not, and you know that in as much as I don't want to waste your time I wouldn't want to waste mine either.

Boomark:

Or is there nothing to explain in Jn14:3?

There is a lot to explain in that verse, I just want to be sure that 'am not casting my pearls to the swines. wink

1 Like

Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:43pm On Apr 21, 2013
frosbel:

The hypocrite still can't explain John 14:3.

smiley

What has it got to do with you since you have no intention of going to heaven?

1 Like

Re: The Fires Of Hell by alexleo(m): 10:25pm On Apr 21, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

This is discursive, digressive, roving and desultory from the topic on this thread. And if you have an ax to grind with 'Deeper Life' why don't you confront them or better still take out a paid advert in one of the leading newspapers instead of taking a cheap shot at imaginary folks here? Who made you a judge over them that you are sitting behind your screen to pass judgments on another church's conduct? And if the burden is too heavy on you have you thought of taking it to the Lord in prayer?

See grammar o. My dear this is a forum where we raise issues that ll help us. If I had praised Deeper life now you wouldn't have blown all those grammar. Well, I ve told you the truth about your church and mine and how we can help out. I know your church people very well and this is how they behave so don't even talk about judging. What's there to judge about what am witnessing live and direct? Yes I pray over these things but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be raised. And why don't you go and pray for frosbel and co rather than the prolonged argument you are having with him since you also want me to only pray about an anomally in your church? Hey, if you think you are the only one that should be telling people their errors without your own error pointed out to you then It won't just work. My own stand is that nobody in this forum should assume a I-know-it-all posture. NO WAY SIR.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:33pm On Apr 21, 2013
alexleo:

See grammar o. My dear this is a forum where we raise issues that ll help us. If I had praised Deeper life now you wouldn't have blown all those grammar. Well, I ve told you the truth about your church and mine and how we can help out. Yes I pray over these things but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be raised. And why don't you go and pray for frosbel and co rather than the prolonged argument you are having with him since you also want me to only pray about an anomally in your church? Hey, if you think you are the only one that should be telling people their errors without your own error pointed out to you then It won't just work. My own stand is that nobody in this forum should assume a I-know-it-all posture. NO WAY SIR.

Don't be a miscreant. Stay on the topic. tongue
Re: The Fires Of Hell by alexleo(m): 10:55pm On Apr 21, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Which topic? Topic that I ve made my stand known? Its you that I should be advising.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
alexleo:

Which topic? Topic that I ve made my stand known? Its you that I should be advising.

Why then are you being discursive?
Re: The Fires Of Hell by alexleo(m): 11:07pm On Apr 21, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Why then are you being discursive?
grin one does not need a soothsayer to agree with the fact that you are so conscious of protecting your church from your responses. Which is exactly what am saying you should stop. Again this is wrong. While you are correcting others of their wrong doing pls correct this on your own side too.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Debeloved87(m): 11:25pm On Apr 21, 2013
There shouldnt be a discourse among brethren...peace be unto you all
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:28pm On Apr 21, 2013
alexleo:

grin one does not need a soothsayer to agree with the fact that you are so conscious of protecting your church from your responses. Which is exactly what am saying you should stop. Again this is wrong. While you are correcting others of their wrong doing pls correct this on your own side too.

Don't be cantankerous brother. Why do you like being a busy body in other men's matters? Find something useful to do for the Lord and if you insist on being censorious you might as well open another thread for us to thrash it out.

"But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters"
(1 Peter 4:15).
Re: The Fires Of Hell by alexleo(m): 11:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Don't be cantankerous brother. Why do you like being a busy body in other men's matters? Find something useful to do for the Lord and if you insist on being censorious you might as well open another thread for us to thrash it out.

(1 Peter 4:15).

Bros I ve told you my mind. I don't want to make it a big issue that's why I can't open a thread for it. Its just a piece of advise which you must be aware of. Whether you take it or not is another thing entirely. If I want to criticize deeper life then I open a thread. But honestly your reactions are not different from what I know about deeper life people. Now we are here talking about hell, who knoes how many brethren who are dead and have already missed heaven because of this cankerworm in our churches which is a distraction from the main issues. What's this church protection mentality that is reigning in our churches. Ola wake up o and deal with this cankerworm in our churches. This promotes hypochrisy among our brethren that's why we must stop it. Hypochrisy leads to hell hope u know.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 12:19am On Apr 22, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Ola keeps proving himself to be a prideful hypocrite , these are the people who turn others away from the gospel, churchianity lords who think that everyone who does not agree with the mindset of their sect is not saved.

Thankfully, you keep shooting yourself in the foot for others to see what kind of Christian you are.

Please don't forget John 14:3

smiley
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:00pm On Apr 22, 2013
alexleo:

Bros I ve told you my mind. I don't want to make it a big issue that's why I can't open a thread for it. Its just a piece of advise which you must be aware of. Whether you take it or not is another thing entirely. If I want to criticize deeper life then I open a thread. But honestly your reactions are not different from what I know about deeper life people. Now we are here talking about hell, who knoes how many brethren who are dead and have already missed heaven because of this cankerworm in our churches which is a distraction from the main issues. What's this church protection mentality that is reigning in our churches. Ola wake up o and deal with this cankerworm in our churches. This promotes hypochrisy among our brethren that's why we must stop it. Hypochrisy leads to hell hope u know.

Keep your thoughts to yourself. You cannot think crooked and walk straight. Have the mind of Christ and you will not be busybodies in men's matters.

Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:23pm On Apr 22, 2013
alexleo:

AM NOT ANGRY O MY BROTHER. I JUST ADVISED YOU. GOD BLESS YOU

Typing in uppercases just confirms your problem with anger that I alluded to earlier. Now let me relate it to this topic. Our Lord Jesus said emphatically that the angry man is in danger of hell fire.

"But I say to you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, You fool, shall be in danger of hell fire"
(Matthew 5:22)

I know folks like frosbel will say hell fire there means the grave which makes nonsense of what Jesus said here. Jesus actually pushed His scrutinies pass actions and into the heart of man. He erected His tribunal in the region of thoughts and purified the waters at the fountain head as Thomas Jefferson correctly observed.

Since you are quick to give others advise, my advise to you is to repent from the sin of anger and then be reconcilled with those who have offended you at 'Deeper Life'. Genuine salvation is the solution to the sin of anger if you do not want to end up in hell fire.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 22, 2013
[quote author=OLAADEGBU]

[quote] (Matthew 5:22)

I know folks like frosbel will say hell fire there means the grave which makes nonsense of what Jesus said here. Jesus actually pushed His scrutinies pass actions and into the heart of man. He erected His tribunal in the region of thoughts and purified the waters at the fountain head as Thomas Jefferson correctly observed.

Remove your fanatic cap for a moment and think.

Matthew 5:22
New International Version (NIV)
22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister[a] will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’[c] is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

In the KJV bible Sheol, Hades, Gehenna are all translated into HELL and wrongly so.

The Hell Jesus referred to in this scripture was Gehenna aka the final place of judgement.

Get out a lexicon if you care , but let me paste it for you here ;

geenna: Gehenna, a valley W. and South of Jer., also a symbolic name for the final place of punishment of the ungodly
Original Word: γέεννα, ης, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: geenna
Phonetic Spelling: (gheh'-en-nah)
Short Definition: Gehenna
Definition: Gehenna, and originally the name of a valley or cavity near Jerusalem, a place underneath the earth, a place of punishment for evil.

We are trying to help you here, try and put things in their proper context and perspective, stop this hyperactive display of ignorance.

Since you are quick to give others advise, my advise to you is to repent from the sin of anger and then be reconcilled with those who have offended you at 'Deeper Life'. Genuine salvation is the solution to the sin of anger if you do not want to end up in hell fire.

People like you will be surprised to hear these words on the last day :

"depart from my ye Hypocrites "

smiley
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 22, 2013
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:46pm On Apr 22, 2013
frosbel:

Remove your fanatic cap for a moment and think.

You have will have to be a fan(atic) of something or someone depending whose fan you are. I am a fan of our Lord Jesus Christ the living Word of God, what about you? You will always run into problems when you always rely on your knowledge of good and evil to interprete the Words of God. Seeking understanding from the Holy Spirit will be difficult for you since you don't believe that He has been sent by both the Father and the Son to guide us into the whole truth.

frosbel:

Matthew 5:22
New International Version (NIV)
22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister[a] will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’[c] is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell

In the KJV bible Sheol, Hades, Gehenna are all translated into HELL and wrongly so.

The Hell Jesus referred to in this scripture was Gehenna aka the final place of judgement.

I differentiated the use of Sheol, Hades and Gehenna in my earlier posts but you chose to remain obstinate.

frosbel:

Get out a lexicon if you care , but let me paste it for you here ;

geenna: Gehenna, a valley W. and South of Jer., also a symbolic name for the final place of punishment of the ungodly
Original Word: γέεννα, ης, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: geenna
Phonetic Spelling: (gheh'-en-nah)
Short Definition: Gehenna
Definition: Gehenna, and originally the name of a valley or cavity near Jerusalem, a place underneath the earth, a place of punishment for evil.

We are trying to help you here, try and put things in their proper context and perspective, stop this hyperactive display of ignorance.

Don't be a noddy. I explained earlier that Gehenna means a place of punishment for evil which is one of the definitions underlined up there, so what are you yapping about? A simple glance at verses 29-30 will save you from the confusion that your carnal mind is leading you to. Our Lord Jesus Christ gave us in no doubt as to what He meant by hell as He gave the proper perspective and interpretation and context in the following verses:

"And if your right eye offend you, pluck it out, and cast it from you: for it is profitable for you that one of your members should perish, and not that your whole body should be cast into hell. And if your right hand offend you, cut it off, and cast it from you: for it is profitable for you that one of your members should perish, and not that your whole body should be cast into hell"
(Matthew 5:29-30).

Our Lord Jesus Christ was even more emphatic on the seriousness of hell fire and of the issue of the soul and body that you are confused about:

"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell"
(Matthew 10:28).

This verse alone dismantles all the heresies you have about the soul, body, hell and fear. Jesus says that men can kill the body but cannot kill the soul and He said that we should rather fear God who can destroy both the soul and the body in hell. If you think destruction only means annihilation why then should we fear since all will end in the grave?

frosbel:

People like you will be surprised to hear these words on the last day :

"depart from my ye Hypocrites "

smiley

You are still being confused as ever. Where did He say "depart from my ye Hypocrites"? You see this might be a typo from you but if you can make a mistake on a simple text like this what stops you from making a mistake that will cost you an eternal damnation if you are wrong? That will be a costly game like playing Russian roulette with a fully loaded gun. shocked
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 22, 2013
[quote author=OLAADEGBU]

You have will have to be a fan(atic) of something or someone depending whose fan you are. I am a fan of our Lord Jesus Christ the living Word of God, what about you? You will always run into problems when you always rely on your knowledge of good and evil to interprete the Words of God. Seeking understanding from the Holy Spirit will be difficult for you since you don't believe that He has been sent by both the Father and the Son to guide us into the whole truth.

How can you be a FAN of Lord Jesus when you constantly misrepresent his position, teach what he did not teach , act in many ways like he will never act and constantly challenge the salvation of anyone who does not belong to your one man cult.

Don't be a noddy. I explained earlier that Gehenna means a place of punishment for evil which is one of the definitions underlined up there, so what are you yapping about? A simple glance at verses 29-30 will save you from the confusion that your carnal mind is leading you to. Our Lord Jesus Christ gave us in no doubt as to what He meant by hell as He gave the proper perspective and interpretation and context in the following verses:

(Matthew 5:29-30).

But you preach 2 hells, while Jesus preached on ONE , which has as it's sole purpose the punishment and destruction of sinners.

You still don't get it because :

14In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:
“ ‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
15For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.’a

This verse alone dismantles all the heresies you have about the soul, body, hell and fear. Jesus says that men can kill the body but cannot kill the soul and He said that we should rather fear God who can destroy both the soul and the body in hell. If you think destruction only means annihilation why then should we fear since all will end in the grave?

Uhmm, not so fast.

What does destroy mean ?

Let's use the dictionary to educate you a little bit.

de·stroy [dih-stroi]
verb (used with object)
1.to reduce (an object) to useless fragments, a useless form, or remains, as by rending, burning, or dissolving; injure beyond repair or renewal; demolish; ruin; annihilate.
2.to put an end to; extinguish.
3.to kill; slay.
4.to render ineffective or useless; nullify; neutralize; invalidate.
5.to defeat completely.

In Gehenna aka the lake of fire, rebellious sinners will be destroyed , period.

You are still being confused as ever. Where did He say "depart from my ye Hypocrites"? You see this might be a typo from you but if you can make a mistake on a simple text like this what stops you from making a mistake that will cost you an eternal damnation if you are wrong? That will be a costly game like playing Russian roulette with a fully loaded gun. shocked

I said Jesus will say, when did I say he said, English is not that difficult I hope.

You are so preoccupied with eternal damnation , hell fire and human suffering that your gospel is rendered as useless as chaff.

smiley
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:27pm On Apr 22, 2013
frosbel:

How can you be a FAN of Lord Jesus when you constantly misrepresent his position, teach what he did not teach , act in many ways like he will never act and constantly challenge the salvation of anyone who does not belong to your one man cult.

Lets get some facts straight. The Lord Jesus Christ that 'am a fan of is not the Jesus you believe in. You actually believe in another Jesus than mine. I also agree with you that your god will never create hell, because he couldn't. Guess why? Because he doesn't exist. He is a figment of your imagination, the god that you created to suit yourself and that is what my bible calls "idolatory" which is the oldest sin in the Bible.

Idolaters will not inherit the kingdom of God. The Triune God that I worship and serve created hell for those who reject His mercy.

frosbel:

But you preach 2 hells, while Jesus preached on ONE , which has as it's sole purpose the punishment and destruction of sinners.

You still don't get it because :

14In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:
“ ‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
15For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.’a

The OT is not a place to hide either because it also talks about hell:

"Let death seize upon them, and let them go down quick into hell: for wickedness is in their dwellings, and among them"
(Psalm 55:15).

Just as a slow poke criminal will crook will think that the electric chair is just a place to put up his feet to relax so is a nescient man deceives himself in thinking that hell is just the grave to sleep in until he is resurrected on the last day. Read what Jesus had to say about hell.

"And if your hand offends you, cut it off: it is better for you to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worms dies not, and the fire is not quenched. And if your foot offends you, cut it off: it is better for you to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worms dies not, and the fire is not quenched. And if your eye offends you, pluck it out: it is better for you to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worms dies not, and the fire is not quenched"
(Mark 9:43-48)

Now tell me if this Jesus is anything like the one you go on about.

frosbel:

Uhmm, not so fast.

What does destroy mean ?

Let's use the dictionary to educate you a little bit.

de·stroy [dih-stroi]
verb (used with object)
1.to reduce (an object) to useless fragments, a useless form, or remains, as by rending, burning, or dissolving; injure beyond repair or renewal; demolish; ruin; annihilate.
2.to put an end to; extinguish.
3.to kill; slay.
4.to render ineffective or useless; nullify; neutralize; invalidate.
5.to defeat completely.

In Gehenna aka the lake of fire, rebellious sinners will be destroyed , period.

How does that translate with what Jesus said here?

"to be cast into hell fire: Where their worms dies not, and the fire is not quenched"

frosbel:

I said Jesus will say, when did I say he said, English is not that difficult I hope.

You are so preoccupied with eternal damnation , hell fire and human suffering that your gospel is rendered as useless as chaff.

Since you don't know what Jesus said about hell how are you sure that you will know what He will say then? Let me give you a clue. What He said in the past is what He will say in the future. Jesus the same yesterday, today and forever. That's my God. Is He your God? undecided
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 22, 2013
[quote author=OLAADEGBU]

Lets get some facts straight. The Lord Jesus Christ that 'am a fan of is not the Jesus you believe in. You actually believe in another Jesus than mine. I also agree with you that your god will never create hell, because he couldn't. Guess why? Because doesn't exist. He is a figment of your imagination, the god that you created to suit yourself and that is what my bible calls "idolatory" which is the oldest sin in the Bible.

My God will never create your hell which is far worse than even the Islamic hell where there is at least some reprieve , because he is not a cruel, sadistic , tyrant like the god you worship.

Indeed , he has prepared a hell aka the lake of fire for the destruction of SATAN , his demons and all the wicked, but that's about it.

Besides, keep your silly threats of sin when I debunk your myths, keep that for the gullible. cheesy

Idolaters will not inherit the kingdom of God. The Triune God that I worship and serve created hell for those who reject His mercy.

The Trinity is indeed a PAGAN Idol.

I worship ONE GOD like Jesus did. smiley

The rest of your rant has been ignored due to precious time.

Btw, pls help me with John 14:3 , lol.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:36pm On Apr 22, 2013
frosbel:

My God will never create your hell which is far worse than even the Islamic hell where there is at least some reprieve , because he is not a cruel, sadistic , tyrant like the god you worship.

Indeed , he has prepared a hell aka the lake of fire for the destruction of SATAN , his demons and all the wicked, but that's about it.

Besides, keep your silly threats of sin when I debunk your myths, keep that for the gullible. cheesy

We are at least coming to a consensus here. We both agree that your "God" is different from my Triune God. You don't believe in the existence of hell fire and you see the warnings of Jesus about hell as scaring the hell out of you.

Let me give you more "threats" of hell by the Lord Jesus Christ:

"You serpents, you generation of vipers, how can you escape the damnation of hell?"
(Matthew 23:33).

frosbel:

The Trinity is indeed a PAGAN Idol.

I worship ONE GOD like Jesus did. smiley

The rest of your rant has been ignored due to precious time.

Btw, pls help me with John 14:3 , lol.

Which further confirms that we don't serve the same God why then do you want help with John 14:3 since we may be talking about two different entities?
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
[quote author=OLAADEGBU]

We are at least coming to a consensus here. We both agree that your "God" is different from my Triune God.

[img]http://mmoutreachinc.com/jehovahs_witnesses/examtrin/x7[/img]

You don't believe in the existence of hell fire and you see the warnings of Jesus about hell as scaring the hell out of you.

Hell may scare you into obedience, as for me obedience is a result of a deep love for God , not because he is gonna burn me in an oven for eternity , lol.

If preaching hell makes you feel all macho, keep it to yourself, just do not mislead others with your myths.

Again , there is a lake of fire for wicked hypocrites and sinners , but this has nothing to do with your mythical hell after death and subsequent eternal torment.

Which further confirms that we don't serve the same God why then do you want help with John 14:3 since we may be talking about two different entities?

well if I was a new believer and asked this most simple question, surely you as a great teacher of the Law should be able to respond , no ?
Re: The Fires Of Hell by alexleo(m): 4:58pm On Apr 22, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Keep your thoughts to yourself. You cannot think crooked and walk straight. Have the mind of Christ and you will not be busybodies in men's matters.

I can see that you are the defence minister of deeper life. This is characteristics of a lot of your members and its a disease that has eaten deep into the deeper life system. See the zeal and zest you are using to defend your church as if it is Jesus Christ himself. Tomorrow you ll say that cstholics or pagans are idol worshippers but you have displayed deeper life as your idol in your reactions. Now, you are calling me busy body because I told you what you are doing that is wrong while yoO are also here telling people of their wrong. You are also a busy body. Now let me tell you that it is this church woshiping Idolatory that has promoted hypochrisy among brethren. I tell you Ola that hypochrisy thrives in such a my-church-mentaliity environment. I don't have a problem with any single deeper lifer but I have problem with the way you people worship your church as if its Jesus Christ himself. Am not happy with the false feeling which you peopple have that your church is the true and best church for those who wants to make heaven(same also goes for my church). Am not happy when other brethren that is not of your church is seen as an unsaved soul(same goes fOr my church). You and I know that a lot of our brethren have this silly notions and this is total pride. God hates pride Ola. Open your eyes in humility and see what satan is doing to some of our members. You think heavens gate will open to anybody because he is deeper lifer ? No way.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Boomark(m): 5:53pm On Apr 22, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Why will you be stubborn and not truthfully answer my kweshions? You will not be helping me to decipher and discern whether you are a diligent sincere seeker of the truth or not, and you know that in as much as I don't want to waste your time I wouldn't want to waste mine either.

There is a lot to explain in that verse, I just want to be sure that 'am not casting my pearls to the swines. wink

Hmm...did you not learn from the parable of the sower "some fell on the way side, stony ground, among thorns, but others on good ground." mat 13:3-9.

If you are looking for a particular target to convert then you are wasting your time. There are a lot of people here not just me who might have difficulty in understanding some things in the bible.

Share the truth you have unless you are ashamed because what you have is not true and you choose to dribble us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is There A Difference Between A Church And A Ministry / Pope Condemns Gossip, Describes It As A "Plague Worse Than COVID" / What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.