Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

The Fires Of Hell - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fires Of Hell (10507 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Warns Members About Sister Linda's Message Of Hell / Woman Gets A Glimpse Of Hell After Suicide Attempt / MFM Fires 50 Pastors For Stealing Church Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fires Of Hell by alexleo(m): 11:53pm On Apr 09, 2013
frosbel:

I preach the gospel of repent or perish, if you want to preach repent of burn forever, just make sure your are 100% certain , so that you will not have the blood of others on your hands. smiley

SAME THING WE PREACH BUT YOUR OWN INTERPRETATION IS WHERE WE HAVE PROBLEM WITH YOU. WELL, SAME CAREFULNESS WE ARE ALSO TELLING YOU SO AS TO AVOID BEING GUILTY OF FALSE TEACHING. YOU KNOW THE IMPLICATION AT THE JUDGMENT THRONE. GOD HELP US ALL. AMEN. THANKS.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Ken4Christ: 7:58am On Apr 10, 2013
frosbel, I think I know where your problem lies. I am inclined to believe that you are a Jehovah Witness. Please confirm. Your problem is that your are trying to apply reasoning to the word of God. Most of the things that are scriptural are not reasonable. I can answer all your questions very well but I will not waste my time because you will still not believe. You are trying to figure how God could destroy mankind in a place of torment for ever. Your senses cannot take it. So you therefore conclude that there can be no place like hell. What you did is to decide on what to believe, then you start looking for scriptures that appears to support your belief why ignoring those that contradicts them.

It is not God that determines those that go to hell. It is your choice of rejecting Christ that sends you there. Hell was prepared for the devil and his angels. Those who will not believe the gospel or live right will go there also. Jesus made it so clear. "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:" (Matthew 25:41).

Jesus says there is everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels. frosbel says there is nothing like that. Who are we going to believe? Jesus or frosbel? You think you are fighting for God but you are acting against his word and his will. You are telling fools that one day Satan will celebrate his freedom. Don't you see how absurd your thinking is?

Read my post on the contrast between hell and grave and refute those contrast. I am inclined to believe that you are also not born again. Only those that are born again understands the word of God. "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (1 Corinthians 2:14). You see why you cannot receive the truth of God's word. They sound foolish to you. If you don't repent your suffering will be worse in hell because you are rejecting what the word and even our Lord Jesus teaches on hell. I wish I will be opportune to supervise your torture. Receive Jesus as your Lord and Saviour so you will be saved from the wrath of God. For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? (Revelation 6:17)

Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. (Ephesians 5:6)

My dear fellow brethren, let's leave frosbel alone. He is not a believer. He does not know Jesus. I am convinced he is a Jehovah's Witness, that false religious cult that does not believe even in the deity of Jesus. They don't even believe that Jesus rose from the dead bodily. I really feel sorry for him for he does not know what he is joking with. He has forgotten he is the same God that destroyed the first world where only 8 souls were saved. He rained than fire on Sodom and Gomorrah.

I congratulate all of you that have found the truth and walking in the light of it.

frosbel, for your information, it was not you I was agreeing with in my first post. That was a mistake. I could never be in agreement with anyone that rejects the truth of God's word that even a toddler would understand.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 10, 2013
^^^^

And herein lies your problem, for even though Paul reasoned out the scriptures with both pagans and believers, even though God calls us in Isaiah to reason with him, you are somewhat preaching blind faith which really is nothing more than fanaticism.

There is so much error in the body of Christ because people have been told to stay dumb, disengage their brain and swallow every man made doctrine and dogma without question, this is not of God.

Always compare scripture with scripture from the old testament to the new before you hastily jump to conclusions.

The gospel of fear is of the devil not of Christ, Christ's exact words were repent or perish , God exhorts his children to choose life and not death for why will you die, says God. Paul said the wages of sin is death not eternal burnings.

MR. rightly divide the word of truth.

I am not JW, actually I used to belong to deeper life, thank God I left.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by honourhim: 9:23am On Apr 10, 2013
Ken4Christ: frosbel, I think I know where your problem lies. I am inclined to believe that you are a Jehovah Witness. Please confirm. Your problem is that your are trying to apply reasoning to the word of God. Most of the things that are scriptural are not reasonable. I can answer all your questions very well but I will not waste my time because you will still not believe. You are trying to figure how God could destroy mankind in a place of torment for ever. Your senses cannot take it. So you therefore conclude that there can be no place like hell. What you did is to decide on what to believe, then you start looking for scriptures that appears to support your belief why ignoring those that contradicts them.

It is not God that determines those that go to hell. It is your choice of rejecting Christ that sends you there. Hell was prepared for the devil and his angels. Those who will not believe the gospel or live right will go there also. Jesus made it so clear. "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:" (Matthew 25:41).

Jesus says there is everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels. frosbel says there is nothing like that. Who are we going to believe? Jesus or frosbel? You think you are fighting for God but you are acting against his word and his will. You are telling fools that one day Satan will celebrate his freedom. Don't you see how absurd your thinking is?

Read my post on the contrast between hell and grave and refute those contrast. I am inclined to believe that you are also not born again. Only those that are born again understands the word of God. "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (1 Corinthians 2:14). You see why you cannot receive the truth of God's word. They sound foolish to you. If you don't repent your suffering will be worse in hell because you are rejecting what the word and even our Lord Jesus teaches on hell. I wish I will be opportune to supervise your torture. Receive Jesus as your Lord and Saviour so you will be saved from the wrath of God. For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? (Revelation 6:17)

Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. (Ephesians 5:6)

My dear fellow brethren, let's leave frosbel alone. He is not a believer. He does not know Jesus. I am convinced he is a Jehovah's Witness, that false religious cult that does not believe even in the deity of Jesus. They don't even believe that Jesus rose from the dead bodily. I really feel sorry for him for he does not know what he is joking with. He has forgotten he is the same God that destroyed the first world where only 8 souls were saved. He rained than fire on Sodom and Gomorrah.

I congratulate all of you that have found the truth and walking in the light of it.

frosbel, for your information, it was not you I was agreeing with in my first post. That was a mistake. I could never be in agreement with anyone that rejects the truth of God's word that even a toddler would understand.
You ve told him the truth. Frosbel is just guided by his emotions rather than the bitter truth of God's word. It is very easy for any fool to rejoice in his message and accept it wholeheartedly since he can live his sinful life on earth and be totally annhiliated by fire at the end of the day. What a cheap message. Which sinner would not like to hear that he won't be tormented forever in the lake of fire? Frosbel's message is as cheap as the message of catholics on purgatory. I reject it totally.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Pygru: 9:29am On Apr 10, 2013
Ken4Christ: frosbel, I think I know where your problem lies. I am inclined to believe that you are a Jehovah Witness. Please confirm. Your problem is that your are trying to apply reasoning to the word of God. Most of the things that are scriptural are not reasonable. I can answer all your questions very well but I will not waste my time because you will still not believe. You are trying to figure how God could destroy mankind in a place of torment for ever. Your senses cannot take it. So you therefore conclude that there can be no place like hell. What you did is to decide on what to believe, then you start looking for scriptures that appears to support your belief why ignoring those that contradicts them.

100000000000000000000000000000000000000000 likes
Re: The Fires Of Hell by ijawkid(m): 9:34am On Apr 10, 2013
honourhim:
You ve told him the truth. Frosbel is just guided by his emotions rather than the bitter truth of God's word. It is very easy for any fool to rejoice in his message and accept it wholeheartedly since he can live his sinful life on earth and be totally annhiliated by fire at the end of the day. What a cheap message. Which sinner would not like to hear that he won't be tormented forever in the lake of fire? Frosbel's message is as cheap as the message of catholics on purgatory. I reject it totally.

Ahhh!!!!!..........

If you believe in hell fire the way you teach it ,I wonder why you should blame the catholics for believing in purgatory......you both believe that both locations(purgatory and hell fire) are interim abodes for sinners.........
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Pygru: 9:35am On Apr 10, 2013

He needs prayers
Re: The Fires Of Hell by ijawkid(m): 9:35am On Apr 10, 2013
Pygru:
100000000000000000000000000000000000000000 likes

And here arrives the olodo that can't stay on a topic and discuss like a man........

What does hell fire mean??....
Re: The Fires Of Hell by ijawkid(m): 9:37am On Apr 10, 2013
Pygru:
He needs prayers

Lol.......have you asked your freind you're supporting what Jesus meant by everlasting fire??....or you just want to be foolish as usual.......

What does the scripture always mean by eternal or everlasting fire??.....

I'm asking you a question...
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 10, 2013
God says MAN is dust and he will return to dust , tradition says MAN is spirit in a body though this is not supported by scripture.

"and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the life's breath returns to God who gave it." - Ecclesiastes 12:7

" for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust." - Psalm 103:14

" When you hide your face, they are terrified; when you take away their breath, they die and return to the dust." - Psalm 104:29

"for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust." - Psalm 103:14

When a MAN dies he is DEAD 100% , but according to tradition, this is not the case, when a MAN dies, he is not really dead, he is alive somewhere else.

I repeat , the only hope a DEAD MAN has is resurrection , but alas, tradition rubbishes the resurrection by saying the dead are not dead but already with Christ.

Well if the dead in Christ are already with Christ , why did Jesus make this statement :

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." - John 14;3

I hope you are not going to rubbish the words of Jesus by saying he has already come back for his disciples , of course he hasn't. He is coming back soon and when he does arrive, all the dead in Christ will arise first , then we who are alive will be caught up together with them , to meet Christ in the air, forever to be with him

Why are you guys rubbishing the words of Christ with your vain traditions handed to you by the false apostate church ?

I don't really want to continue on a circular journey since most of you are stuck in the institutions of men and cannot believe that most of what you know today is FALSE.

"Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt" - Daniel 12:2
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Pygru: 9:58am On Apr 10, 2013
ijawkid:

And here arrives the olodo that can't stay on a topic and discuss like a man........

What does hell fire mean??....
Ijawkid your attention is needed on this thread pls. smiley
https://www.nairaland.com/1252257/facts-should-know-jehovahs-witnesses#15162836
Re: The Fires Of Hell by ijawkid(m): 10:05am On Apr 10, 2013
Pygru:
Ijawkid your attention is needed on this thread pls. smiley
https://www.nairaland.com/1252257/facts-should-know-jehovahs-witnesses#15162836

And I'm on that post...your job now is reply frosbels points one after the other.....discus§ like a matured adult Ànd stop being a baby.....

If you're ready for the hell fire discussion here you have it.....start giving rebuttals or forever remain silent.....olodo rabata....

1 Like

Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 10, 2013
ijawkid:

And I'm on that post...your job now is reply frosbels points one after the other.....discus§ like a matured adult Ànd stop being a baby.....

If you're ready for the hell fire discussion here you have it.....start giving rebuttals or forever remain silent.....olodo rabata....

Image123 will grow up one day grin
Re: The Fires Of Hell by dorox(m): 10:15am On Apr 10, 2013
If your god is a god of justice, then tell us if it is just to subject someone to an eternity of agonising torture in a fiery hell for sins committed in one lifetime of less than 80 years
Re: The Fires Of Hell by ijawkid(m): 10:24am On Apr 10, 2013
frosbel:

Lol......is pygru also image123??......cheesy.....
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Pygru: 10:24am On Apr 10, 2013
ijawkid:

And you are matured
You keep on throwing tantrums and you call that maturity
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 10, 2013
dorox: If your god is a god of justice, then tell us if it is just to subject someone to an eternity of agonising torture in a fiery hell for sins committed in one lifetime of less than 80 years

the question my brother , really is, God has not once, not ever mentioned eternal torment as the punishment for the wicked.

He did not tell his best friend Abraham, he did not tell Moses his close Pal, he did not tell David a man after his own heart, he did not tell Joseph, Jacob etc. i wonder why .

All through the 5 books of Moses, the consistent theme was repent or perish, choose life over death etc, and this continued into the prophets.

Jesus always talked about hell in the sense of Gehenna which really is the lake of fire and final judgment of the wicked.

These people have taken ONE scripture and formed volumes and volumes of theology which is at best is a dishonest approach to bible exegesis.

The God I know is not a sadist, only SATAN could have dreamed up such a silly doctrine to malign the character of GOD.

These churches use FEAR as a tool to keep their members in line, unknowingly they have converted more people into atheists than into Christians.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 10, 2013
ijawkid:

Lol......is pygru also image123??......cheesy.....

if he is not , they certainly behave almost in a similar fashion , lol. grin
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Pygru: 10:29am On Apr 10, 2013
frosbel:

I'll love to be like him grin
It pains me he does'nt speak much again.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by ijawkid(m): 10:30am On Apr 10, 2013
frosbel:

I wonder why he should be hiding behind this I.D...let him come out and show himself.....the boy dey fear.......cheesy....
Re: The Fires Of Hell by ijawkid(m): 10:32am On Apr 10, 2013
Pygru:
I'll love to be like him grin
It pains me he does'nt speak much again.

Can you be truthful enough to tell us who you really are(your known I.D)......??.....

I don't know why you have to hide your real self to discuss pertinent issues......

Fear fear.....grin
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Pygru: 10:48am On Apr 10, 2013
ijawkid:

Can you be truthful enough to tell us who you really are(your known I.D)......??.....

I don't know why you have to hide your real self to discuss pertinent issues......

Fear fear.....grin

#Inconsequential
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Pygru: 10:50am On Apr 10, 2013
frosbel:

I'd love to be like him
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Ken4Christ: 11:14pm On Apr 11, 2013
I will like all those that are skeptical about the reality of hell as a place of torment for lost souls a question;
If you are driving on a highway and someone gives an alarm coming from the other side that armed robbery operation is going on the highway, will you ignore such alarm and continue driving? I guess you will love to stop and make double confirmation before proceeding on the journey. Why would you do that? For the safety of your life and those that are with you in the vehicle.

In the same sense, you hear quite a lot of Christians affirming that there is a place of torment called hell where unbelievers will be held in custody until judgment day. Don’t you think it is wise to find out why this alarm. Have you ever cared to ask, what if this information is true and I end up there? Above all, have you cared to go through every scripture that refers directly or indirectly to this subject? That is the wisest thing to do because the consequences of ignoring such warning might be more than you think.

It is the height of dishonesty to look for scripture that appears to justify one’s preconceived opinion why ignoring others that obviously contradicts your stand. If you want to teach on a subject, you must be able to explain all scripture that deals with that subject. This frosbel has not done. He is working with outdated information. Most of his quotes are usually from the Old Testament. The Old Testament Saints had a limited knowledge about God and spiritual realities. That was why Paul called it type and shadows of the New. Don’t get me wrong. I still make reference to the Old Testament but I read them with the filter of the New Testament. Jesus did not come to show us the truth, he is the truth himself. So, you cannot joke with information he has provided about eternal realities.

Those of you that say there is no hell or consciousness after death; I will give examples of two people that went to hell and came out of hell in the Bible. Read through without bias. If you don’t accept the Bible evidence, no one can help you. Standing on your point in spite of evidence is insincerity. Don’t take me to other passages, deal with these scriptures;

JONAH’S SOUL WENT TO HELL THE THREE DAYS HIS BODY WAS IN THE FISH BELLY

[b]“Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly, And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice. For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me. Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple. The waters compassed me about, even to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head. I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God. When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple. They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy. But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD. And the LORD spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land. (Jonah 2:1-10)[/b]

The Bible says Jonah cried out of the belly of hell. The cry later manifested in the fish belly. Just like when one screams out from sleep. Usually, it begins in the dream. So, Jonah crying out of the fish belly and out of the belly of hell is not contradictory.

You will agree with me that there is no way any man can survive be drowned in water for more than a few minutes. So, Jonah was completely dead in the fish belly for the three days. However, in the realm of the spirit, his soul went to hell. He narrated the activity that took place in hell.

1. ‘I went down to the bottom of the mountains.’ Are there mountains in the fish belly? Was he talking about the fish? Hell has a large expanse of land that includes mountains and valleys. It is a dark world under the earth. It is an unseen world.
2. ‘The earth and her bars were about me.’ Jonah was locked up in a compartment in hell with bars like we have in our physical prisons.
3. ‘When my soul fainted within me, I remembered my God and prayed unto him.’ Jonah prayed in hell.
You cannot read this narration and tell me Jonah was telling a parable. He simply wrote his experience in hell. His body was lifeless in the fish belly but his soul was conscious.

You may want to query why he did not mention anything like fire. It is implied. If it was not a tortuous experience, he will not cry out. He cried out for deliverance from that horrible pit.

Now tell me Jonah lied about his personal experience in hell. Don’t take me to any other scripture. Here is a clear record of someone who said he cried out from the belly of hell. And you go about to tell people there is no such place. Your judgment will be worse.

JESUS ALSO WENT TO HELL – HIS SOUL

“For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance. Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. (Acts 2:25-31)

This scripture also is very clear. His soul was not however left in hell. His soul reunited with his body after he defeated the devil and took the keys of hell and dead from him.

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. (Revelation 1:18)

While Jesus was in hell, he crossed over to paradise which used to be underneath also but separated from hell with a deep valley. He crossed over to paradise to release all the Saints that were there. The souls of these Saints later re united with their bodies and they rose from their graves also. This was the paradise the rich man saw when he called Abraham to send Lazarus to him and Abraham says even if he loved to, no one can cross over to either side. This was the place the thief that was crucified on the cross went when he died. Remember, Jesus told him he will be with him in paradise that very day. (Luke 23:43)

“And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. (Matthew 27:52-53)

Jesus was not the only one who resurrected but he was the first. He first went to hell to defeat the devil after that crossed over to paradise to release the Saints with the keys he got from the devil. Even though those in paradise where not suffering torment, Satan had the key of the domain also but he was not permitted to torture them.
These Old Testament Saints who rose from the dead were the clouds that received him into heaven the day he ascended into heaven.
“And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.” (Acts 1:9)
These Old Testament Saints were the captives that he rescued according to Paul. “Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. (Ephesians 4:cool. Some commentaries use the phrase multitude of captives to describe the Saints.
Apostle Paul let us know that Jesus first descended into the lower parts of the earth before he ascended. You cannot call the grave the lower part of the earth. The grave is on the surface of the earth. Hell is in the lower part of the earth.

“(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) (Ephesians 4:9-10)

From this two illustration of the narration of Jonah’s experience in hell and that of Jesus, you will now know why the story of the rich man and Lazarus is not a parable.

THE RICH MAN IN HELL
[b]
“There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead. (Luke 16:19-31)[/b]

The most touching part of this story was that the rich man remembered he had five brethren on earth and wanted another request that someone should rise and go and warn his brothers so that they will not come there too. Abraham replied, it they do not believe what Moses teaches on eternal damnation, they will also not believe even if someone rises from the dead.

It is the same today. There has been a few persons that have died, went to hell and by the mercy of God came our again. So many Doubting Thomases still don’t believe their experiences which they narrated. Unbelief is such a strong spirit that it is ready to call black white.

There are also some people that the Lord has revealed hell to so that they can go and warn everyone of the reality. But so many still don’t believe. I read about a book by Mary Baxter titled, Divine Revelation of Hell. This woman narrated how Jesus came and took her to different compartment of hell for 40 days just she might use the experience to warn people of its reality. While would someone make a story of what did not transpire such that it could form a book of over 200 pages? I read the book and I used the word of God to judge it. Every experience she had was real. She went with Jesus every night to hell for 40 days and saw the torture people where going through.

The last thing I want to address in this post is the question of why would God inflicts such a punishment on mankind? Can God really do it? His he justified in doing it?

First, God does not send anyone to hell. You go there by choice. What choice? The choice to ignore his word and the salvation he has provided for you. The question I love to ask those of you that is critical about God’s judgment is this; why would you continue to live in sin when you have been told of the repercussion of what you are doing?
God is a God of love. He is also a God of judgment. If he did not live us with examples of how dreadful his judgment can be, you will have a right to challenge him. But he has left us with memorable examples;

For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly; And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly (2 Peter 2:4-6)

If he could that before, why do you think he will not do it again? That is why he had to sacrifice his only Son to save you from the coming wrath. Remember, God has an enemy, the devil who is completely evil and has made up his mind to destroy God’s work. What God is doing is to completely get rid of him and start a new world where there will be no more death, pains or sorrow. God must do it in such a way that he will be just to Satan, mankind and Himself.
He is just to mankind in that he has provided a way of salvation. But if you chose to ignore that salvation, you will not escape the judgment. Watch the passion of the cross and see a glimpse of the suffering of Jesus for you. You can’t ignore such salvation and query him why he will permit people to be punished in hell. He is just to Satan in that he did not forcefully redeem mankind from his domain. He paid the price. The blood of his Son was shed.

If a curfew is imposed in a state and everyone is warned to remain indoors, will you go out? You certainly won’t because of the punishment you know you will receive from soldiers. We get scared of soldiers but we ignore God. If you go to hell, blame yourself and not God.

The Bible let us know the suffering will be forever. That is the more reason you should not play light on this issue.
Know that angels have no redemption. If it will not be forever, that means Satan will one day be released to cause more harms. The earth will one day experience absolute peace when Satan will be bound for 1,000 years during the future reign of Christ on earth. But the Bible says, as soon as the 1,000 years, Satan was released for a season. As soon as he was released, he went again to the four corners of the earth to deceive nations and gather them for war. He was eventually defeated and thrown into the lake of fire.

“And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. (Revelation 20:7-10)

If you catch a snake that killed your brother, would you spare such snakes? Once the judgment is set, even those that will be condemned together with Satan will now have complete nature of Satan such that they can never change even if they are released. So, it will be eternal torment.

Jesus warned. “Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: (Matthew 7:13)

Most of the parables that Jesus gave bothers on eternal destiny of men. The message is so clear. You cannot escape Jesus. You either receive him as your Saviour or meet him as your judge. One day the book of life will be opened and if your name is not there you will be thrown into the lake of fire.

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. (Revelation 20:10-15)

God will judge false teachers and false prophets. If you like frosbel and all Jehovah’s witness, keep perverting the word of God through your selfish quotes of scriptures. You will suffer more in this torment.
Stop querying God on why he should permit such eternal torment and repent of your evil ways. Receive Jesus as your Lord and Saviour and you will have eternal life and be saved from the wrath to come.

For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? (Revelation 6:17)
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 11:37pm On Apr 11, 2013
[quote author=Ken4Christ]

It is the height of dishonesty to look for scripture that appears to justify one’s preconceived opinion why ignoring others that obviously contradicts your stand. If you want to teach on a subject, you must be able to explain all scripture that deals with that subject. This frosbel has not done.

You must have ignored all my comments to come to this false conclusion. smiley

He is working with outdated information. Most of his quotes are usually from the Old Testament. The Old Testament Saints had a limited knowledge about God and spiritual realities.

You grasp of scripture is very suspect brother , due to this statement above.

Are you telling me that GOD hid the real consequences of SIN all the way from ADAM to the Prophets ? Wow !

The consistent theme from Day 1 has always been :

"....for when you eat from it you will certainly die." - Gen 2:17b

To add to this is dangerous presumption !!!

Note 2 things, no one is arguing that Jesus never talked about HELL, of course he did in the context of the Lake of Fire aka Gehenna , but NEVER an interim place prior to judgement, this is your opinion based on a flawed bible exegesis on this subject.

That was why Paul called it type and shadows of the New.

Again, I am sorry to say you need to spend more time reading and understanding scripture, types and shadows had to do with the Law and Prophets pointing to Jesus not to some weird myth of an interim HELL.

Don’t get me wrong. I still make reference to the Old Testament but I read them with the filter of the New Testament. Jesus did not come to show us the truth, he is the truth himself. So, you cannot joke with information he has provided about eternal realities.

ALL Scripture is still 100% valid.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
New International Version (NIV)
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

JONAH’S SOUL WENT TO HELL THE THREE DAYS HIS BODY WAS IN THE FISH BELLY

[b]“Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly, And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice. For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me. Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple. The waters compassed me about, even to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head. I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God. When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple. They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy. But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD. And the LORD spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land. (Jonah 2:1-10)[/b]

The Bible says Jonah cried out of the belly of hell. The cry later manifested in the fish belly. Just like when one screams out from sleep. Usually, it begins in the dream. So, Jonah crying out of the fish belly and out of the belly of hell is not contradictory.

You will agree with me that there is no way any man can survive be drowned in water for more than a few minutes. So, Jonah was completely dead in the fish belly for the three days. However, in the realm of the spirit, his soul went to hell. He narrated the activity that took place in hell.

1. ‘I went down to the bottom of the mountains.’ Are there mountains in the fish belly? Was he talking about the fish? Hell has a large expanse of land that includes mountains and valleys. It is a dark world under the earth. It is an unseen world.
2. ‘The earth and her bars were about me.’ Jonah was locked up in a compartment in hell with bars like we have in our physical prisons.
3. ‘When my soul fainted within me, I remembered my God and prayed unto him.’ Jonah prayed in hell.
You cannot read this narration and tell me Jonah was telling a parable. He simply wrote his experience in hell. His body was lifeless in the fish belly but his soul was conscious.

You may want to query why he did not mention anything like fire. It is implied. If it was not a tortuous experience, he will not cry out. He cried out for deliverance from that horrible pit.

Now tell me Jonah lied about his personal experience in hell. Don’t take me to any other scripture. Here is a clear record of someone who said he cried out from the belly of hell. And you go about to tell people there is no such place. Your judgment will be worse.

Jonah was at the verge of death , he did not die, God delivered him from death or a departing to Sheol.

Note the following :

1. "Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly"

Location : He was not in some place called Sheol, he was in the fish's belly.

When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple.

2. "The waters compassed me about, even to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head. I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever:"

Location again, was in the belly of the fish where in the middle of the sea where the weeds wrapped about his head, I hope you are trying to insinuate that there we weeds in hell.

Did you know that there are mountains that extend to the depths of the sea ? Google it.

Nothing to do with Hell friend.

3. "When my soul fainted within me, I remembered my God and prayed unto him"

Experience : His Soul was fainting within him, meaning he was not dead but in the process of experiencing death, hence his cry and prayer.

4. There was not fire in this HELL of yours, only water , weeds and mountains.

5. To summarize, Jonah did not DIE and he did not descend to Sheol , but was on the verge of experiencing both of these human tragedies!
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 11, 2013
JESUS ALSO WENT TO HELL – HIS SOUL

“For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance. Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. (Acts 2:25-31)

This scripture also is very clear. His soul was not however left in hell. His soul reunited with his body after he defeated the devil and took the keys of hell and dead from him.

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. (Revelation 1:18)

While Jesus was in hell, he crossed over to paradise which used to be underneath also but separated from hell with a deep valley. He crossed over to paradise to release all the Saints that were there. The souls of these Saints later re united with their bodies and they rose from their graves also. This was the paradise the rich man saw when he called Abraham to send Lazarus to him and Abraham says even if he loved to, no one can cross over to either side. This was the place the thief that was crucified on the cross went when he died. Remember, Jesus told him he will be with him in paradise that very day. (Luke 23:43)

“And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. (Matthew 27:52-53)

Jesus was not the only one who resurrected but he was the first. He first went to hell to defeat the devil after that crossed over to paradise to release the Saints with the keys he got from the devil. Even though those in paradise where not suffering torment, Satan had the key of the domain also but he was not permitted to torture them.
These Old Testament Saints who rose from the dead were the clouds that received him into heaven the day he ascended into heaven.
“And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.” (Acts 1:9)
These Old Testament Saints were the captives that he rescued according to Paul. “Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. (Ephesians 4:cool. Some commentaries use the phrase multitude of captives to describe the Saints.
Apostle Paul let us know that Jesus first descended into the lower parts of the earth before he ascended. You cannot call the grave the lower part of the earth. The grave is on the surface of the earth. Hell is in the lower part of the earth.

“(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) (Ephesians 4:9-10)

From this two illustration of the narration of Jonah’s experience in hell and that of Jesus, you will now know why the story of the rich man and Lazarus is not a parable.

We have been here before.

1. Jesus did not go to HELL , he died and went to Hades which again is the grave of the departed.

"BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT ABANDON MY SOUL TO HADES, NOR ALLOW YOUR HOLY ONE TO UNDERGO DECAY." - Acts 2:27

You are actually promoting a dangerous Heresy, because you are implying that Jesus was not 100% dead bodily and therefore the resurrection was a trick or some kind of Joke,

Jesus died and went to Hades, he was dead bodily and was raised 100% by the Power of the Holy Spirit back to life, this is the beauty and sweetness of the resurrection of life which all true believers will experience at the second coming of Jesus.

2. Jesus defeated SATAN , not by going to fight him in HELL , this is rather laughable, he defeated SATAN in 2 ways :

- Overcoming SIN
- Rising from the dead

"But when people keep on sinning, it shows that they belong to the devil, who has been sinning since the beginning. But the Son of God came to destroy the works of the devil" - 1 John 3:8

How did Jesus destroy the works of the devil , again he vanquished SIN and DEATH because DEATH is the sting of SIN.

Now Jesus has won this victory for us, and has the keys of hades/sheol not your HELL and Death, such that all over-comers who die in HIM will be freed from their graves on the last day, never again to experience DEATH.

This is the simple gospel message which is good news my friend, not some eternal torment fallacy.

The opposite of this is DEATH , to DIE a second time by destruction in the lake of fire.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 12, 2013
Please Ken4Christ , make your articles a little shorter, I will not reply to all the rest of your article, however I am obliged to make 3 last points

1. The Rich Man and Lazarus story has been over flogged, read up and do some more research.

2. The Way to life is narrow but the way to destruction is broad, this is true. But the destruction alluded to here is not eternal torment , it is destruction in the lake of fire.

3. When reading through the Acts of the Apostles, how come the early church never preached on this interim place called HELL with it's associated eternal torment , were they missing something.

SMH.

Lastly , the wrath of the Lamb and the day of our Lord is indeed a frightening one to behold. To hear the condemnation to everlasting death is not exactly childs play , but to behold Christ in his full power and glory , knowing you will never again see your loved ones and experience life ever again , has to be one of the most heart breaking things ever to happen to MAN.

But, this is not enough for you hell teachers, you want more blood even if it goes against the logic of scripture, stop preaching SATAN's sadistic gospel and slandering the name of GOD.

Romans 6:23
King James Version (KJV)
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

^^

Try finding HELL or eternal torment in Paul's statement above. Thank God for bible students like Paul and the Bereans.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by alexleo(m): 12:05am On Apr 12, 2013
Pygru:

I'd love to be like him

AND WHY WOULD YOU LOVE TO BE LIKE SOMEBODY? JESUS REMAINS OUR ROLE MODEL IN THIS CHRISTIAN RACE. Do you know him in and out or you think that what we present here in our discussions determines how upright we are before God? Dont even pray to be like anybody except to be like Jesus. God bless you.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by alexleo(m): 12:08am On Apr 12, 2013
Thanks Ken4Christ. Your points are clear for any reasonable mind to understand. You ve done your part. God bless you.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Ken4Christ: 1:18am On Apr 12, 2013
frosbel has revealed his dishonesty to his shame again. How could Jonah be alive three days in the fish belly? Try and jump into a swimming pool for 30 mins and tell us your experience frosbel. You are the most wicked teacher I have ever seen. I think you are even worse than the Jehovah's Witness.

Jonah had two experience. The flood and the waves he talked about was his experience before he actually died. The other narration was his experience in the unseen world of hell where his soul went to after he died. If he only ended up in the belly of the fish, why then will he mention hell or Sheol? Was there any Sheol dug inside the river. If he did not die, why will God deliver him from your Sheol?

This is my last comment on this thread. You can go ahead and deceive yourself and others like you.I know the devil in you will still come up with another argument. I can see there is no deliverance for you. I feel honestly sorry for you.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 12, 2013
Ken4Christ: frosbel has revealed his dishonesty to his shame again. How could Jonah be alive three days in the fish belly? Try and jump into a swimming pool for 30 mins and tell us your experience frosbel. You are the most wicked teacher I have ever seen. I think you are even worse than the Jehovah's Witness.

Jonah had two experience. The flood and the waves he talked about was his experience before he actually died. The other narration was his experience in the unseen world of hell where his soul went to after he died. If he only ended up in the belly of the fish, why then will he mention hell or Sheol? Was there any Sheol dug inside the river. If he did not die, why will God deliver him from your Sheol?

This is my last comment on this thread. You can go ahead and deceive yourself and others like you.I know the devil in you will still come up with another argument. I can see there is no deliverance for you. I feel honestly sorry for you.

You are not properly dividing the word of God, forget about emotionalism, sentiment and the vain tradition you have inherited from you organisation.

Tell me who is wicked, the one who preaches repent or perish like I do, or the one who not only preaches repent or burn forever, but quite hideously suggests that for over 5000 years, human beings, ranging from those who stole a chicken to those who murdered millions, have been roasting in your favourite and mythical barbecue.

I tell you with love, boldness and no fear, that you are preaching a doctrine of demons, a sadistic, cruel and evil lie from hell.

For all those you turn away from the kingdom, you will have to answer for on the day of judgement.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by chinedumo(m): 8:38am On Apr 12, 2013
Explain how jona was alife for three days under water.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is There A Difference Between A Church And A Ministry / Pope Condemns Gossip, Describes It As A "Plague Worse Than COVID" / What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 191
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.