Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? (12924 Views)

How Romantic Are Ngerian Ldies / How Romantic Are You? / Lesbians Spotted In Super Falcons (how Romantic!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by Latoya(f): 7:02am On Aug 22, 2005
Oh well,not today
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by hotangel2(f): 7:02am On Aug 22, 2005
sad share u ideas/views please. embarassed
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by Latoya(f): 7:06am On Aug 22, 2005
Lizzy u already know what i want to say,u know the answer already so y bother?
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by hotangel2(f): 7:07am On Aug 22, 2005
Because i want the world to learn from you.
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by Latoya(f): 7:09am On Aug 22, 2005
lizzy pls dont start.
lipsrsealed
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by hotangel2(f): 7:09am On Aug 22, 2005
I rest my case. smiley
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by Latoya(f): 7:10am On Aug 22, 2005
mwah kiss
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by hotangel2(f): 7:11am On Aug 22, 2005
smiley smiley
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by layi(m): 11:59am On Aug 22, 2005
Seems latoya handles Lizzy better than Nike. just an observation o
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by hotangel2(f): 12:04am On Aug 23, 2005
cheesy cheesy
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by Latoya(f): 2:07am On Aug 23, 2005
I know what tickles my sistahs wink
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by hotangel2(f): 4:17am On Aug 23, 2005
yeah you do. wink
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by gina34(f): 10:37am On Aug 23, 2005
Funny lots. smiley
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by drbigdaddyg(m): 10:56am On Aug 23, 2005
This topic is interesting.
I am surprise much definitions have not been given to the topic.
I am still all ears.
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by hotangel2(f): 8:30am On Aug 24, 2005
We all know it is.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Today is my birthday, And, Whoever says the world doesn't evolve arround me is a liar, because today, It does. I am sixteen
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by gina34(f): 10:15am On Aug 24, 2005
lizzy lizzy you dey vex oh grin

carry go girl it is your Day.
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by layi(m): 10:56am On Aug 24, 2005
Go Go Go Go Lizzzy kiss
Its ur Birthday. kiss

*popping [b]e[/b]champagne for d b/d gurl.*
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by hotangel2(f): 10:58am On Aug 24, 2005
Ohh, Nigerian are definitely romantics. Layi is romantic. thanks Layi. kiss kiss cheesy
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by gina34(f): 11:11am On Aug 24, 2005
i can see that he is . rolleyes
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by hotangel2(f): 11:11am On Aug 24, 2005
yes he is. wink cheesy
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by layi(m): 11:18am On Aug 24, 2005
Thank ya kiss wink
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by hotangel2(f): 11:19am On Aug 24, 2005
Anytime boo. kiss cheesy
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by eveseh(f): 5:05pm On Apr 27, 2006
they very romantice cheesy wink wink
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by whitelexi(m): 2:08pm On Apr 29, 2006
grin grin grin

Nigerians grin Romantic Lol
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by maxeen29(f): 4:10pm On May 02, 2006
Well I dated a Nigerian guy he 16 months and out of that he has not done anything romantic for me at all. He through I wanted his money and i was playing him for a fool. So I feel that Nigerians are NOT romantic. The only thing there want to do is controll you in every way,
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by curiousNja(f): 4:41am On May 03, 2006
NOT ROMANTIC AT ALL!!! Next question?
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by eliasbox1(m): 2:18pm On Mar 08, 2007
I have been obsessed with this motion since- incidentally i am a man but i cannot put sentiment into this issue. If there is anything Nigerian men are lacking in large proportion and in general (both professionals, artisan , laymen, literates etc) it is the art of romance; i had tested many and found only very few to be romantic. i hope people are not beginning to raise hands in objection- just relax and I'll explain.
First and foremost we must set our orientation straight, romance is not about sex and it doesn't suggest sex at all but it makes having sex a worthwhile thing (permit my straight words). again romance is not just kindness it is kindness engulfed in a large pool of love or at least fondness it is affection.
now read this
Nigerian men's romantic sense drops sharply after wedding or after a baby or two because they have been pretending all the while
they give gifts to ladies just to have they way between their laps when done, they will stop
Some don't even have pet name for their wives
they do not believe in the concept of quality time believing their wives, fiance or their children would understand they are "working hard to put food on the table"
the most ridiculous aspect is 80% of sampled population does not know how to kiss. they Carnot differentiate between an emotional kiss, assurance kiss, comforting kiss, condolence kiss, romantic kiss, charming kiss, French kiss etc. they most common to us all is friendship kiss and some will even ridiculously take such kiss in their rooms.
Conclusively, i believe the only thing that is helping us men out in most cases is the fact that God gave us a race of adorable, naturally sexy, averagely romantic  and enduring women. i believe men could take a cue from this. lets be more responsible and see how wonderful our kids and how supportive our wives would be.
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by Creamish(f): 3:56pm On Mar 08, 2007
Im just glad no guy brings flowers to me as gifts! grin
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by Creamish(f): 3:57pm On Mar 08, 2007
A husband comes from Church; greets his wife and lifts her up. He carries her around the house. The wife is so surprised and asks "Did the pastor preach about being romantic?" The husband said "No, he said we must carry our burdens and sorrows." grin
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by mukina2: 4:02pm On Mar 08, 2007
Creamish:

A husband comes from Church; greets his wife and lifts her up. He carries her around the house. The wife is so surprised and asks "Did the pastor preach about being romantic?" The husband said "No, he said we must carry our burdens and sorrows."  grin

grin
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by cuteass1(f): 1:16am On Mar 09, 2007
@ eliasbox1

My dear, you'll really be blessed abundantly for those wonderful words of your. Wished most guys (well the unromantic ones) could borrow your eyes for a day and see those things you're seeing. Its a gift.

Nothing turns me off more than an unromantic guy, its a no no for me but with people like you the rest of the world can be rest assured.

P.S: i don't think its only nigerian guys, i think its africa as a whole. And i believe it all comes from the history and tradition of not being civilized.

Take for example our great grandparents with the typical african upbringing, do you think they knew anything about kissing their wives now and then just because she's there, or buying her flowers just because its wednesday . . . . . .

But then when you look at old europian couples, they still play around with each other as if they fell in love just yesterday.

I was surprised to later realise that some african men did do the"pre-intimacy" in bed not just heading for in between the legs . . . . . i do hope the romantic side of africa wakes up . . . . well i guess it will because before it was reading zero but now on a scale of 10, you could actually give them a 5,5 wink wink wink wink
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by eliasbox1(m): 10:20am On Mar 09, 2007
i spoke about this recently but i couldn't hear me in the forum board
if you can get your eyes on the write up you'll know that naija men are off peak when talking about romance in fact all they know is sex - oh i am a naija with a difference. if you wanna be like me try reading (ethics books) and add the lessons to your life. nothing is too outrageous men are like a product we have to always repackage ourselves

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies,how Would You Toast A Guy You Love / Can A Woman Demand For Sex From Her Husband And How? / The Real Attraction A Blackman Has For A White Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.