Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,228 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? (12929 Views)

How Romantic Are Ngerian Ldies / How Romantic Are You? / Lesbians Spotted In Super Falcons (how Romantic!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by elmonks(m): 4:30pm On Apr 04, 2007
from my own experience,men can b very romantic.bin dere 4 her,makin sacrifices,e.t.c. but in a situation where dere's a heart break on the guys part,it becomes difficult,him expressin himself like he used 2 do.dats y some men become unromantic,they become afraid.
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by Gabe112(m): 4:45pm On Apr 04, 2007
nigerian men are romantic only if u want them to be
u cant expect a man to be romantic if u r always cold and u dont give them what they want and the way they want it.
u have to show some brodas luv and that is when u gat it in return in a romantic fashion
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by hotchic1(f): 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2007
Its not only nigerian men,Nigerian ladies are also affected its all because of the mentality,we consider a lot of stuff to be immoral and as a result we neglect all this stuffs and that's one of the reason why marriages get boring after a few years because of those stuffs we have got in our head
Have you guys ever considered why relationships dont work between a Nigerian man and a lady who has been raised abroad,its all because of all this thingy we consider immoral.
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by olunifemi(f): 2:48pm On May 18, 2007
true talk
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by GLORY20071(f): 4:03pm On May 18, 2007
grin hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by smile007: 7:13pm On May 19, 2007
start and let's see grin
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by UPRISING: 9:43pm On May 30, 2007
@Chigszy
if really u need someone like then
consider it done bcox i can no even
more than that for u.
but come to think about it our
nigeria men are really coming up
this days in times of beining
ROMANTIC., just that they need to
do more better like me.
how i wish me and chigszy will show them
a good example on beining ROMANTIC
WELL JUST EMAIL ME SO THAT WE CAN DO IRON THINGS OUT.
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by Gabry(f): 9:21am On May 22, 2008
undecided
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 24, 2008
[b]When the issue first came up in a thread about the MTN Sunshine ad, I decided to tell a little story:
----
A Nigerian man went to spend some time with an American friend named Joe.

When they got home, Joe went straight to his wife, gave her a hug and told her how beautiful she was and how much he had missed her at work. When it was time for supper, he complimented his wife on her cooking, kissed her and told her how much he loved her.

The Nigerian man told Joe that he was surprised that he fussed so much over his wife. Joe said that he'd started this about 6 months ago, it had revived their marriage, and things couldn't be better. The Nigerian thought he'd give it a try.

When the Nigerian man got home, he gave his wife a massive hug, kissed her and told her that he loved her. His wife burst into tears. He was confused and asked why she was crying.

She said, "This is the worst day of my life. First, junior fell off his bike and twisted his ankle. Then, the freezer broke down and all our foodstuff has gone bad. And now, you come home drunk!"
----
So, maybe Nigerian men are not romantic. On the other hand, what about the women? In the same thread, user dayojong shared the following scenario:
Husband: This morning, my gift for you is sunshine. Go ahead and grab it, I am sending it on MTN mms.
Wife: Abeg shut up there. Na sunshine we go chop? Wayo man.
He concluded, "And that, my friends, is a Naija woman. QED."
----
Are these allegations true? Are Nigerian men more romantic than the women, or vice versa? Or are Nigerians simply unromantic? If so, why? Are there any exceptions to the general rule?

Do you have any views, experiences, stories to share, questions to ask? Please feel free! Perhaps we will reach a popular concensus on this particular issue.[/b]

nope i believe nigerian women are more romantic than d men,no doubt
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by achinu(m): 3:03pm On May 24, 2008
I think the Naija idea of romance is what we watch on western media. A lot of us grew up in home where affection was not shown by parents because that how they were also raised! That's why we've to learn from the media how to be romantic, doesn't come naturally to us.I
date a naija chic that I luv very much & she's the 1st naija chic that I've dated, and there's a big difference in the way she shows her affection compared to some of the yankee, latino & oyibo babes that I've dated in the past.

Watch the nollywood movies and you can see how hard they try to act romantic parts and ends up looking so un-natural or they over do it. Just my 2cents!!
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by acidrop(f): 6:37am On May 31, 2008
the woman are very romantic grin,
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by francessby(f): 1:47pm On Jul 07, 2008
Nigerian women are always romantic than men
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by tope2000(f): 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2008
achinu:

I think the Naija idea of romance is what we watch on western media. A lot of us grew up in home where affection was not shown by parents because that how they were also raised! That's why we've to learn from the media how to be romantic, doesn't come naturally to us.I
date a naija chic that I love very much & she's the 1st naija chic that I've dated, and there's a big difference in the way she shows her affection compared to some of the yankee, latino & oyibo babes that I've dated in the past.

Watch the nollywood movies and you can see how hard they try to act romantic parts and ends up looking so un-natural or they over do it. Just my 2cents!!

i concur
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by onyinye2(f): 1:53pm On Jul 07, 2008
even us naija people born i america have a little problem with the romance. because i grew up in a house hold where it was common not to say "I love you". so when i went to school and started developing relationships with people it was hard because i wasn't sure how to act naturally. i watch a lot of american romance movies so i knew what to do but it just didnt seem natural. but as i grew and experienced more with different cultures i did begin to start adapting to their ideas of love and romance.
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by Euchena: 8:47am On Feb 19, 2009
I loved and married an Anambra man and have had a very difficult time trying to figure out if he married me but is just not interested in being romantic. I've felt lonely lost and thrown away. If I had only known that Nigerian men are culturally just unable to show their feelings very well.
Now that I've read this article maybe I can better cope with this situation. I hope over time I can warm him up to being more attentive to me. If not I'll just have to resort to Igba N'Rira. I've been married only 16 months and he certainly is unromantic but has found the time to learn how to chase after a witchcraft loving Calabar harlot who knows he is a married man but persists in being a major pest in our lives. As an African American woman I have always loved the idea of marrying a educated ,tall and strong black man of West africa but I have been betrayed in every way. Talk about unromantic, disrespectful and unfaithful

Euchena
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by aje49ja(m): 11:05am On Feb 19, 2009
to my own experience man will be romantic when he is asking u out, and when u have accept for in,
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by BurntinUSA: 1:45am On Aug 02, 2010
I chattted with a Nigerian woman for years before finally going to meet her. She was everything I wanted. Affectionate, sweet, sexual. I asked her to marry me. It took years to get her here with me madly in love with her. I married her. Now she wont kiss me and tells me it is her culture. Won't cuddle with me and seldom does anything with me. I had more sex in the week I was there than the year we have been married. Unfortunately I am still madly in love with her, but feel so betrayed and unloved.
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by mensdept: 10:15pm On Oct 19, 2010
BurntinUSA:

I chattted with a Nigerian woman for years before finally going to meet her. She was everything I wanted. Affectionate, sweet, sexual. I asked her to marry me. It took years to get her here with me madly in love with her. I married her. Now she wont kiss me and tells me it is her culture. Won't cuddle with me and seldom does anything with me. I had more sex in the week I was there than the year we have been married. Unfortunately I am still madly in love with her, but feel so betrayed and unloved.

Welcome to NAIJA women oga, many of them pretenders , a few only commendable
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:20pm On Oct 19, 2010
BurntinUSA:

wasnt she looking for papers ? just to eliminate few things
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:24pm On Oct 19, 2010
Euchena:

I loved and married an Anambra man and have had a very difficult time trying to figure out if he married me but is just not interested in being romantic. I've felt lonely lost and thrown away. If I had only known that Nigerian men are culturally just unable to show their feelings very well.
Now that I've read this article maybe I can better cope with this situation. I hope over time I can warm him up to being more attentive to me. If not I'll just have to resort to Igba N'Rira. I've been married only 16 months and he certainly is unromantic but has found the time to learn how to chase after a witchcraft loving Calabar harlot who knows he is a married man but persists in being a major pest in our lives. As an African American woman I have always loved the idea of marrying a educated ,tall and strong black man of West africa but I have been betrayed in every way. Talk about unromantic, disrespectful and unfaithful

Euchena

poor you

i hear that nigerian man are bossy
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by xhosachoc(f): 10:37pm On Oct 19, 2010
tongue my most pleasurable and titillating moments have been with a Naija dude.So gentle,spontaneous,raw and wild at the same time.You never know what to expect.Very romantic and not afraid to show the sensitive side but oozes this confidence and power ,its all so mind blowing!I have to say if all Naija dudes are like this, wink they certainly know how to hit the spot.Im naijaddicted and its the most undescribable feeling undecided borderline obsession!Any psychiatrists on call on NL?
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:46pm On Oct 19, 2010
xhosachoc:

tongue my most pleasurable and titillating moments have been with a Naija dude.So gentle,spontaneous,raw and wild at the same time.You never know what to expect.Very romantic and not afraid to show the sensitive side but oozes this confidence and power ,its all so mind blowing!I have to say if all Naija dudes are like this, wink they certainly know how to hit the spot.Im naijaddicted and its the most undescribable feeling undecided borderline obsession!Any psychiatrists on call on NL?

then nigerian women would say, damn you lucky bastard
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by xhosachoc(f): 11:13pm On Oct 19, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

then nigerian women would say, damn you lucky naughty person
Nothing to do with luck really just a guy showing what he is made of tongue
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:22pm On Oct 19, 2010
xhosachoc:

Nothing to do with luck really just a guy showing what he is made of tongue

thats the lucky on girl
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 20, 2010
@ Euchena and Burntin alot of Nigerians contract marriage based on false hood and a lot of acting which is the major reason why we have a lot of quiet failed marriages.
The society is so hypocritical and they ask for the impossible.people are hardly themselves before marriage and only become their true selves after marriage.
Divorce is usually avoided because we all want to avoid being judged by others.

Nevertheless there are still so many successful marriages and so many goood naija brothers and sistas.
Re: How Romantic are Nigerian Men (and Women)? by onionsoup(f): 12:42am On Oct 20, 2014
mamba:
Seun, I agree with you big time.
I don't consider licking of wounds to be romantic.

Infact na easy way to Ebola.. Look

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Get Together Party 5.0 / Singles Only: Are You Tired Of Being Single? / Teenager Dies After Maturbating Straight 56 Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.