Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament (5756 Views)

I Av Been Through More Than This! / My Boyfriend Just Got Married Behind My Back , I Feel Like Commiting Suicide / 22years Got Married To 68 Yo Lady Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by Afriface: 5:13pm On Apr 10, 2013
Good day, I like your page a lot and I would like to share my story and I hope to get meaningful pieces of advice.

I got married December 2012 to a man that I thought was God-sent to me because of a pastor’s prophesy about him.

We met in January 2011, but we stay in different states so I worked my NYSC so that I would be with him. He stopped going to work in June 2012 because the construction firm he was working was bankrupt. After our marriage, we have been living on money we beg from family or relatives.

His family knows he is jobless, but I keep lying to my family that he is doing fine in his office. We have been going from one interview to the other. Right now, our house rent has been due since July and we could only afford half of the money.

The worst of it all is that, yesterday he went for a medical test for a job placement and he just discovered that he is HIV positive and I did the test too but I am negative.I don’t know what to do right now or where to go. We shed tears everyday even while praying. We have lost our appetite and going to church aint fun anymore.I know this is a spiritual problem.

I forgot to include that he is 36, I am 31 and we have no kids yet because we are not working.

Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by icedee1: 6:07pm On Apr 10, 2013
It's not yours or your husband fault you are in the situation you r now,life as a way of hitting or pulling us down,but it's our choice to decide mayb we prefer to stay down and whine and cry like toddlers do when they fall down or face our situation decisively by fighting our way back to our feet.we all face challenges but it is how we handle it that matters d most.
Has for your relatives let them know ur situation help can come from where u least expect

5 Likes

Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by Dyt(f): 6:25pm On Apr 10, 2013
shocked

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 10, 2013
My dear there r trying times in everyone's life.wat I advice is dat u put all ur hope in God nd continue to pray God will surly answer ur prayers. Do not tink of leaving him. Let d both of u continue in prayers..cheers

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by truthisbitter: 6:54pm On Apr 10, 2013
I got married December 2012 to a man that I thought was God-sent to me because of a pastor’s prophesy about him.
Go and collect your money from the Pastor. His prophecy has failed. grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 10, 2013
madam you in a most critical condition that most families have been tru, some have fried groundnuts, made moimoi, fry chin-chin, worked long hours in farms and factories to survive dont give up, keep persisting, the experience acquire now will sustain you in future !! but today the story is different! you see man is one animals like cow, goats e.t.c thats why you have so much inequalities and competition in the world today. everybody is trying to oppress their neighbors unconsciously.
Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by queenofhearts(f): 7:33pm On Apr 10, 2013
truthisbitter:
Haha
Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by dare2think: 7:35pm On Apr 10, 2013
truthisbitter:

No, go and kill that Pastor.
Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by nobniger: 7:48pm On Apr 10, 2013
He was jobless when you married him ,nothing new there. HIV positive in the middle of a marriage! What happened, was he sic or something,?
Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 10, 2013
Afriface: Good day, I like your page a lot and I would like to share my story and I hope to get meaningful pieces of advice.

We met in January 2011, but we stay in different states so I worked my NYSC so that I would be with him. He stopped going to work in June 2012 because the construction firm he was working was bankrupt. After our marriage, we have been living on money we beg from family or relatives.

His family knows he is jobless, but I keep lying to my family that he is doing fine in his office. We have been going from one interview to the other. Right now, our house rent has been due since July and we could only afford half of the money.

The worst of it all is that, yesterday he went for a medical test for a job placement and he just discovered that he is HIV positive and I did the test too but I am negative.I don’t know what to do right now or where to go. We shed tears everyday even while praying. We have lost our appetite and going to church aint fun anymore.I know this is a spiritual problem.

I forgot to include that he is 36, I am 31 and we have no kids yet because we are not working.

Please I need advice Here http://www.tundeola.com/2013/04/i-just-got-married-i-have-been-unhappy.html#more

He tested HIV positive and your not? and ur here asking what to do?? seriously? girl ur life is far to valuable to be wasted on a deadbeat who isnt just a loser but also a cheater. what exactly do you stand to gain being with him and what do you have to lose by leaving? dont let anyone fool you by bringing "God" into this matter. this is YOUR happiness we are talking about here. do not let the fact that ur 31 push you into being unhappy for the rest of your life all in the name of having a husband. lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 10, 2013
nawtiichic:

He tested HIV positive and your not? and ur here asking what to do?? seriously? girl ur life is far to valuable to be wasted on a deadbeat who isnt just a loser but also a cheater. what exactly do you stand to gain being with him and what do you have to lose by leaving? dont let anyone fool you by bringing "God" into this matter. this is YOUR happiness we are talking about here. do not let the fact that ur 31 push you into being unhappy for the rest of your life all in the name of having a husband. lipsrsealed
gbam! You hit the nail on the head,infact i was almost about saying something similar.you are lucky that you are hiv negative so from your analysis i presume that since you married your husband,you have not yet had s3x.if that be the case count yourself lucky because if the tables were turned around and you were the one positive while he was negative am sure he will throw your things out the next day.my dear,love is not blind o,it has eyes and brains,moreover you are yet to take in for him so you have nothing to loose if you.... Anyway,if you choose to live in hypocrisy and pretend to your family that all is well when fire is actually burning on your roof top,all well and good.you better think of your life first,your future 2nd and whether you want to bring hiv infected kids into the world who will be depending on drugs for their survival.miss,the ball is in your court,i wont say more than that

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by kegel(m): 8:32pm On Apr 10, 2013
Life is a mixture of sorrow and happiness, how u handle each turn determines your survival. U are not alone as so many others are passing thru one crisis or the other. Don't give way to despair. Engage seriously in prayer and look up to God. U need to let your parents know what you are passing thru, their prayers and supports also matter. Don't give in to the temptations of telling everyone your problem, as some of them will only spread it as gossip without offering any help.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by kegel(m): 8:45pm On Apr 10, 2013
As to your husband been HIV Positive, u need to find out how it happened? Has he been cheating on you? Then count yourself lucky that u are tested negative. Ufaithfulness is a legal ground for satan to enter a home and afflict them. If he becane HIV+ thru no fault of his own, then u need to stick with him. After all, u knew he wasn't working before marrying him. But if he got infected thru unfaithfulness, then u may do well to reconsider your stand. U need to find out how it happened first.
Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 10, 2013
nawtiichic:

Maybe the guy got AIDS from infected clippers or blood transfusion or something else, not necessarily through cheating.

Regardless of how he contacted AIDS, she cannot stay married to him unless she wants to put herself at great risk of contacting the disease. Best berth is to end the marriage, I am sure there are other HIV women he can get married to. That doesn't mean he shouldn't be shown support though. He can be supported and encouraged and loved but the marriage is over.

Hard truth I know, but life isn't a bed of roses.

BTW, I am only humoring myself by actually giving advice. I know for a fact that this story is just madeup bullshit cool
Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by Winningways: 10:19pm On Apr 10, 2013
My dear the lord be your strength. Marriage is for better & for worst. A wife causes her husband to obtain favor from God so dont give up in ur prayer. If your husbands family know about his joblessness, also let ur family know. Ur husband is hiv, how comes, have you rechecked? If it is infidelity, you have right to leave him, but if you love him enough to forgive, both of you need to visit hiv friend center for councelling so that you'll know what to do next. Have faith all will be well. At this moment cut ur expenses try and find teaching job, or start lessons for students. Both of you should stop crying it wont help the man.
Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 11, 2013
i dnt want to scare u...u may be in ur HIV window period since u hv bn exposed to him, u hv to repeat d test afta like 3—6mnths..
ur hubby fit repeat d test o.... false positiv dey happen too
Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by 190: 7:25am On Apr 11, 2013
backpage please cheesy
Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by dridowu: 7:55am On Apr 11, 2013
Y would u allow ur pastor to think on ur behalf ? Rush bak to ur pastor 4 advice
Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by Princeparix(m): 8:10am On Apr 11, 2013
dmalam: i dnt want to scare u...u may be in ur HIV window period since u hv bn exposed to him, u hv to repeat d test afta like 3—6mnths..
ur hubby fit repeat d test o.... false positiv dey happen too
#jumps into river amazon#
Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by dahmie2013: 8:22am On Apr 11, 2013
I'm so sorry abt this, but one thing I believe is with God all things are possible. Pls dont give up on God cos, dats were ur help comes from. U can also try fasting and praises most especially praises & u no dis is wat God cannot do 4 himself. I also strongly believe dat ur husband can be healed from HIV, but has he done a test in anoda hospital 2 confirm dat he is actually +ve? Nywys, it is well.
Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by sunnyt1(m): 8:28am On Apr 11, 2013
If i wanna advice u as a fellow christian, i will sound lik, God doesnt support divorce, once u are married thats it, there is no goin bak, u shdnt leave ur husband bcs he is HIV positive(and u are nt), and bcs he has no job, trying times will end one day.

BUT if u were my sister, u jst have to run for ur life(infact u must), d error ws made right frm d start and thank goodness in dis case it can be corrected. The facts are there: u were misled by a prophet,U are still 31, he is HIV +ive, u are nt (is he faithful?), there is no child in the marriage yet, u guys have bin begging to live etc.
Leave dat marriage, d HIV status shd be a major factor.
Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by gunuvi(m): 9:25am On Apr 11, 2013
truthisbitter:
God bless you jare!
Send me your account no, you deserve to some free cash for your very sensible response.
Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by repogirl(f): 9:49am On Apr 11, 2013
Is this for real? As in really for real? D pastor that saw prophecy didn't ask you guys to do hiv test b4 marriage. HIV hibernates for 6 months o, u mite not see it now, check in 6 months time. D Job thing sef is not really a problem, jobs come and go. I'm more concerned about your health, you should be too.

And please let's stop blaming spirituality from our own lapse in judgement. If you are a true, bible believing christian and in a good church, attacks will not near you abi d HIV sef join spiritual problem?
Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by tomzman: 11:05am On Apr 11, 2013
OP, This is a very serious situation you are in. FIrst of all, the foundation of your marriage is faulty. Just because a pastor prophesied your marriage doesnt mean you guys should not do HIV test before getting married. Well, the deed is done. I would advise you to stay with your husband but you guys should not be intimate without protection for the sake of your own health. Get closer to God and if you are still attending the pastor's church, leave the church and find a better Bible believing church. You and your husband should be more prayerful, with God, all things are possible.
Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by sunnyt1(m): 11:38am On Apr 11, 2013
tomzman: OP, This is a very serious situation you are in. FIrst of all, the foundation of your marriage is faulty. Just because a pastor prophesied your marriage doesnt mean you guys should not do HIV test before getting married. Well, the deed is done. I would advise you to stay with your husband but you guys should not be intimate without protection for the sake of your own health. Get closer to God and if you are still attending the pastor's church, leave the church and find a better Bible believing church. You and your husband should be more prayerful, with God, all things are possible.

If u advice ptotected intimacy, den wats she doing in d marriage, she said dey have no child yet.
Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by ifyfaith: 11:47am On Apr 11, 2013
IT IS WELL
MAKE SURE BOTH OF U RE DO THE TEST IN ANODA PLACE SO DAT U CAN B SURE

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by repogirl(f): 11:48am On Apr 11, 2013
sunny t:

If u advice ptotected intimacy, den wats she doing in d marriage, she said dey have no child yet.

They can still give birth to HiV free kids, d guy just has to take his antiretrovirals well and they'll monitor him but it can be done.
Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by bknight: 12:42pm On Apr 11, 2013
This story tire me undecided

Are seeking traffic to d site? Are u trying out ur story-telling skill? Are u new to NL to knw some sniff out fake stories? Or u have jst come to insult ppl here? grin
Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by ajibaby2: 1:39pm On Apr 11, 2013
you have to stay strong and build your faith together. This is a challenging moment for the both of you. If he is faithful you two will weather the storm together.
Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by mysticgal(f): 4:47pm On Apr 11, 2013
although you need advice,dear it's your life choose and make your decision.
Re: I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament by Kgdavid(m): 6:24pm On Apr 11, 2013
fellis:

Maybe the guy got AIDS from infected clippers or blood transfusion or something else, not necessarily through cheating.

Regardless of how he contacted AIDS, she cannot stay married to him unless she wants to put herself at great risk of contacting the disease. Best berth is to end the marriage, I am sure there are other HIV women he can get married to. That doesn't mean he shouldn't be shown support though. He can be supported and encouraged and loved but the marriage is over.

Hard truth I know, but life isn't a bed of roses.

BTW, I am only humoring myself by actually giving advice. I know for a fact that this story is just madeup bullshit cool

dis is impossible. you cant catch HIV this way and you cannot catch AIDs from anywhere...it is developed from HIV. secondly this story is immensely stupid and fake....it is a damming indictment on intellect of nigerians/nairalanders that people are actually giving advice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funniest Thing You Have Said Or Heard On Bed / PICS: When a Girl Is a PHD Holder In Gold Digging / What Is The First Physical Thing That Attracts You In An Opposite Sexx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.