Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Distant Relationships: Does It Work Better? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Distant Relationships: Does It Work Better? (867 Views)

The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships / Long Distant Relationships...how Safe Are They? / Distant Relationships And Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Distant Relationships: Does It Work Better? by linkin(f): 5:17pm On Apr 06, 2008
i was having the girls - talk and i understood that some of these girls do prefer distant relationships so that no guy would bugged them about their whereabouts and some that thought otherwise. i do like to get a general view from niaraland. As for me, i think i like the distant thing but not with that reason just feel its kidda more intresting or, ?
Re: Distant Relationships: Does It Work Better? by iice(f): 5:23pm On Apr 06, 2008
Also see
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-125119.0.html

*please try to search the section before posting a topic. Some topics have been handled over and over* Thanks
Re: Distant Relationships: Does It Work Better? by Luckygal99(f): 2:08pm On Mar 12, 2009
It didn't work out for me. There'll be a lot of doubts going on when e-mails/ smses don't get replied asap, missing heartaches that you cannot see them as often as you'd like to, wondering what they are doing when they dun call/contact you for a day or two. Wanting to share things face to face etc. Its really difficult when you really love the person. In the end, the situation takes its toll on everyone. I was an independent gal who'd choose distant r/ship anytime because i love the freedom n i allow no one to question it. Until i fell in love with a man worlds apart & changed me in a heartbeat. Its difficult but i've been at both sides of the fences. All i can say is that if he/she really bug you about your whereabouts etc, he/she is not trying to control you or dominate you. They are just concerned & really cared about the r/ship. If they didn't love you, they wouldn't have cared either way.
Re: Distant Relationships: Does It Work Better? by yme1(f): 2:10pm On Mar 12, 2009
it is not advicable o
Re: Distant Relationships: Does It Work Better? by JJYOU: 2:12pm On Mar 12, 2009
could work if honesty is from the very beginning. it is very trying and expensive though
Re: Distant Relationships: Does It Work Better? by kachiside: 4:17pm On Mar 12, 2009
Distant Relationship is a very had one to mantain, it keeps you on edge, you don't know what the other person is planning to do, if he/she is fed up with the relationship or not. In fact am experencing one now, and it is not a funny thing. You have to always keep in touch, it costs money because the two of have to be calling each other. The person will not be around to do the physical Thing.

On the other, it is less stressfull, in the sense that you are free to go where you want and not always trying to be with him whereas you will prefer a nite out with the guys/Girls. For some ppl it works out, for others, it doesn't.

I hope my own works out because i really love this guy. Amen ooooooo.
Re: Distant Relationships: Does It Work Better? by mrsb(f): 4:21pm On Mar 12, 2009
It's really hard (and expensive). I guess it's a bit easier now with skype, IM etc but still a chore. There will always be major trust issues and a slightly off conversation can cause massive drama. Been there, done that. Do not plan to go there again! Its nice to have some space sometimes but not so much.
Re: Distant Relationships: Does It Work Better? by truphie(f): 5:48pm On Mar 12, 2009
It all depends on the people in the relationship. I am in a distant relationship, well not that far, the we are jus 3 hrs apart by train. But we been together for 3 and a half years,and still going strong. Of course there are sacrifices you have to make but if it is to be it is up to me.
Nothing good comes easy. You both have to be committed.
Re: Distant Relationships: Does It Work Better? by martho(m): 8:20am On Mar 13, 2009
kiss cry
Re: Distant Relationships: Does It Work Better? by Czarskit(m): 10:21am On Mar 13, 2009
. . .not advisable 4 nymphs. . .& fweaks. . .& distrusting partnaz.
Re: Distant Relationships: Does It Work Better? by tytylayor: 10:33am On Mar 13, 2009
@topic

dnt tink so
Re: Distant Relationships: Does It Work Better? by nethacker(m): 11:35am On Mar 13, 2009
it depends on both parties sha, i maintain on and i find it peaceful, dunno abt other, wats good for the goose might not be good for the gander grin
Re: Distant Relationships: Does It Work Better? by Gabry(f): 12:31pm On Mar 13, 2009
I dont mind both

(1) (Reply)

About 2 Marry / How Would You Handle A Blind Date Knowing She Is Far Older Than You / Dangerous Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.