Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! (23480 Views)

See The Job Borno State Governor Appointed 5 People To Carry Out(Pictured) / TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. / If Vp-elect Knows He Can't Do The Job He Should Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by OmoTier1(m): 9:21am On Apr 13, 2013
Always spewing on the pages of newspaper, yet Nigerians cannot feel the positive effect in their daily lives! OP get a life, there more to democracy than propaganda. Nigerians are tired of propaganda. When a man does good works, even His enemy will spread it abroad. So cannot be said of GEJ's government, that is why He is expending so much energies on Internet propaganda. If truly He is making a positive impact on the lives of Nigerians, the people would be the ones broadcasting afar.

14 Likes

Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 13, 2013
A
Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 13, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Always spewing on the pages of newspaper, yet Nigerians cannot feel the positive effect in their daily lives! OP get a life, there more to democracy than propaganda. Nigerians are tired of propaganda. When a man does good works, even His enemy will spread it abroad. So cannot be said of GEJ's government, that is why He is expending so much energies on Internet propaganda. If truly He is making a positive impact on the lives of Nigerians, the people would be the ones broadcasting afar.

The chief propagandist of Tinubu's APC has posted as expected.

9 Likes

Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by RichDad1(m): 10:48am On Apr 13, 2013
@op, please is SURE-P a parastatal under the ministry of works?
Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 13, 2013
Rich Dad: @op, please is SURE-P a parastatal under the ministry of works?
SURE-P is an agency of govt but it works with existing ministries, department and agencies to execute dedicated projects.
Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 13, 2013
Where are the NAY SAYERS who said SURE-P was all lies and propaganda? Where the cynics and incurable pessimists who said SURE-P will never work? I challenge those FOOLS to a debate, fact for fact. Have they all fled and bowed to COMMON SENSE?
Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by MrMcJay(m): 2:16pm On Apr 13, 2013
^^ Where are the subsidy buses? I tot ur master also promised us those? I'm not talking of the 26 rickshaws that were parked in Eagles Square sometime ago.
Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by OmoTier1(m): 2:59pm On Apr 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
The chief propagandist of Tinubu's APC has posted as expected.
Shame no dey catch you? Agbero doctor that trades timbers to Equatorial Guinea undecided SURE-Punto my foot

5 Likes

Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 13, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Shame no dey catch you? Agbero doctor that trades timbers to Equatorial Guinea undecided SURE-Punto my foot
When will you post a comment that'll surprise Nlanders? You'r so predictable!

1 Like

Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 13, 2013
Mr McJay: ^^ Where are the subsidy buses? I tot ur master also promised us those? I'm not talking of the 26 rickshaws that were parked in Eagles Square sometime ago.
The SURE-P buses are very few but they'r still operational in some states. Some have the inscription- federal mass assisted transit
Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by RichDad1(m): 4:24pm On Apr 13, 2013
Double post.
Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by RichDad1(m): 4:25pm On Apr 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
SURE-P is an agency of govt but it works with existing ministries, department and agencies to execute dedicated projects.
okay, thanks. But why is SURE-P executing a project that is primarily the responsibility of MOW or FERMA? Or is there no federal allocation for maintenance of a road of high importance as the 3MB?

7 Likes

Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 13, 2013
Rich Dad:
okay, thanks. But why is SURE-P executing a project that is primarily the responsibility of MOW or FERMA? Or is there no federal allocation for maintenance of a road of high importance as the 3MB?
SURE-P is an intervention programme that will run from now till 2014/2015. It will provide funds for execution of ongoing or previously abandoned projects- whether roads, bridges, rail lines, etc. In some cases it will fund new projects.

It was packaged during the fuel subsidy removal debate of late 2011 just to make sure that the funds saved by reducing fuel subsidy (via fuel price increase) will not be swallowed in the regular budget. Availability of funds is a major impediment to speedy execution of govt projects. SURE-P helps to solve that problem for projects under the programme. For instance, if the Abuja-Lokoja road that was awarded in 2006 or so was to be executed at N100billion while what is always provided in budget since 2006 for the project is N1 to 2billion, it means it will take 50-100yrs to complete the project. But if additional funds now comes from SURE-P, say N20billion every yr, it will facilitate early completion of the project. This is just an example but the fact is that many federal projects awarded in early or mid 2000 are yet to be completed or just about being completed.

1 Like

Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by RichDad1(m): 6:02pm On Apr 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
SURE-P is an intervention programme that will run from now till 2014/2015. It will provide funds for execution of ongoing or previously abandoned projects- whether roads, bridges, rail lines, etc. In some cases it will fund new projects.

It was packaged during the fuel subsidy removal debate of late 2011 just to make sure that the funds saved by reducing fuel subsidy (via fuel price increase) will not be swallowed in the regular budget. Availability of funds is a major impediment to speedy execution of govt projects. SURE-P helps to solve that problem for projects under the programme. For instance, if the Abuja-Lokoja road that was awarded in 2006 or so was to be executed at N100billion while what is always provided in budget since 2006 for the project is N1 to 2billion, it means it will take 50-100yrs to complete the project. But if additional funds now comes from SURE-P, say N20billion every yr, it will facilitate early completion of the project. This is just an example but the fact is that many federal projects awarded in early or mid 2000 are yet to be completed or just about being completed.
hmmm, really? I never saw it from that angle. Anyways, I hope the SURE-P can stand the test of "time".
Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by Nobody: 6:46am On Apr 14, 2013
@Seun, I will not let this thread go until you intervene and move it to the front page. All the information contained in the thread are from credible sources. It will generate traffic and debate. Yes, I desperately want the debate.
Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by Ngwakwe: 8:07am On Apr 14, 2013
The Federal Government under the "Fisherman" is doing greater than expected far beyond the regimes before him.

We need to give him the benefit of doubt before dabbling into unnecessary pull him down syndrome prevalent in Nigerian politics.

The quite unfortunate thing about our educational institutions that should be involved in conducting some political debates to ascertain the credibilities of political achievements by the political parties are only involved in bandwagonism.

1 Like

Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by awodman: 8:50am On Apr 14, 2013
SURE-P INVESTS N572bn ON INFRASTRUCTURE IN 2012

April

The Federal Government Subsidy Reinvestment and
Empowerment Programme, SURE-P, has intervened in
the various sectors of the economy with about
N572billion in the one year of its operation.

The interventions Vanguard gathered were targeted
towards improving the country’s infrastructure
significantly as well as help to create millions of jobs for
Nigerians.

The SURE-P budgeted N21.7 billion to cover the
dualisation of the East-West roads.
According to documents sighted by Vanguard, SURE-P
has intervened in the Benin-Ore -Sagamu road with
N16.5 billion. The project is ongoing.
In the same vein, SURE-P has put a total of N14billion in
the ongoing Abuja-Lokoja road. Also the sum of N5billion
has been put on the Port Harcourt-Onitsha road from the
savings made from the partial withdrawal of subsidy
being warehoused by SUR-P .

The Kano-Maiduguri road to which the Federal
Government had previously allocated N18.5 billion has
also benefited from the savings from subsidy withdrawal
to the tune of N1.5 billion. Work on the projects
stakeholders say has a long way to go.
Another project that has benefited from the savings
according to SURE-P records is the second Niger Bridge
to which the sum of N5.5 billion has been allocated by
SURE-P but the project is yet to take off.
Oweto bridge is yet another project that has benefited
from the subsidy removal savings. It has so far been
allocated the sum of N4 billion.

According to SURE-P record, maintenance of roads and
bridges across the country take N23.5billion from the
savings gathered from subsidy withdrawal. Power
projects from 2012 to 2015 (Mambilla power plant, Coal
Power Plant and Small Hydro power plants) will gulp a
total of N155 billion. Other projects are Abuja-Kaduna rail
line N11.6 billion; Lagos-Ibadan rail line though yet to
start N9.3 billion.

The National Teachers Institute for the retraining of
teachers and Vocational Training Centres has N24.6
billion allocation from the Subsidy Reinvestment and
Empowerment Programme. Maternal and Child heath
draws N78.3 billion from the fund. Rural water scheme,
water supply scheme, irrigation scheme and other water
related projects the programme which is yet to start has
a budget of N205.5 billion.

According to SURE-P reports on railways, contracts have
been awarded for Jebba- Kano railway rehabilitation
project with a commitment of N8 billion from SURE-P ; PH
– Makurdi Railway Rehabilitation Project; Makurdi –
Kanfanchan – Kuru – Jos & Kanfanchan -Kaduna Junction
Railway Rehabilitation Project; Kuru – Maiduguri Railway
Rehabilitation Project with a commitment of N15 billion
from SURE-P; and Abuja (Idu) – Kaduna Railway
Modernisation Project with a commitment of N10.29
billion from SURE-P.

Under the roads and bridges project, SURE-P report
claims that she is committing the total sum of N21.7
billion for the Warri – Kaiama; Port Harcourt – Kaiama;
Port Harcourt – Eket; Eket – Oron sections of the East-
West Road in 2012. Also commitment to the tune of
N85.5 billion have been made to Abuja – Abaji – Lokoja
Dual Carriageway (Four Sections); Benin – Ore – Sagamu
Dual Carriageway (Three Sections); Onitsha – Enugu –
Port Harcourt Dual Carriageway (Three Sections); Kano –
Maiduguri Dual Carriageway (Five Sections); Construction
of Oju/Loko – Oweto Bridge; and Construction of 2nd
Niger Bridge at Onitsha in 2102.
SURE-P report on infrastructural development projects
(roads) also claimed the programme has developed a
robust structure to ensure adequate oversight,
accountability and implementation of its various
programmes.

Sub-committees have been constituted to be in charge of
the various work streams. Two subcommittees are
responsible to ensure adequate oversight, accountability
and implementation of the road projects under the
Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs and the Federal Ministry of
Works.

The subcommittees are supported by qualified
professional staff based in the Performance and Results
Unit at the SURE-P secretariat. The subcommittees are
responsible for certifying work done for payment based
on the recommendation of the performance and results
unit.
Source:www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/sure-p-invests-n572bn-on-infrastructure-in-2012/
Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by nuclearboy(m): 11:08am On Apr 14, 2013
Ngwakwe: The Federal Government under the "Fisherman" is doing greater than expected far beyond the regimes before him.

We need to give him the benefit of doubt before dabbling into unnecessary pull him down syndrome prevalent in Nigerian politics.

The quite unfortunate thing about our educational institutions that should be involved in conducting some political debates to ascertain the credibilities of political achievements by the political parties are only involved in bandwagonism.

Let's be sincere - IF anybody conducts a "debate" as you stated above and the results do NOT please you, you will say they are "opposition" supporters!

So why should they? Its obvious your minds were made up long ago so you see anything is supportive of your claim that Nigeria is doing well! What is NOT supportive of that, you say is due to "Opposition"!

Maybe its because I can no longer be called a youth, but I have honestly not seen any impact of the SURE-P which from all the above seems more involved in dashing out money on a 3000 per state basis rather than creating wealth! Where are the farms? The industries? Economy boosters Etc

But then, I guess I too will now be called "opposition" for stating what's patently obvious to any dispassionate observer!

5 Likes

Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 14, 2013
nuclearboy:

Let's be sincere - IF anybody conducts a "debate" as you stated above and the results do NOT please you, you will say they are "opposition" supporters!

So why should they? Its obvious your minds were made up long ago so you see anything is supportive of your claim that Nigeria is doing well! What is NOT supportive of that, you say is due to "Opposition"!

Maybe its because I can no longer be called a youth, but I have honestly not seen any impact of the SURE-P which from all the above seems more involved in dashing out money on a 3000 per state basis rather than creating wealth! Where are the farms? The industries? Economy boosters Etc

But then, I guess I too will now be called "opposition" for stating what's patently obvious to any dispassionate observer!
Engaging in a debate means trying to disprove the facts presented by another as not the case or not right. Whether you belong to opposition, imposition or whatever is irrelevant. After all, candidates in elections also engage in debates.

3 Likes

Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by hardknockbroda(m): 12:53pm On Apr 14, 2013
If all dese projects are being funded with SURE P funds,then what are Budgetary allocations being used for... Or dnt we have Capital Expenditure anymore??

3 Likes

Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by hardknockbroda(m): 12:57pm On Apr 14, 2013
Just my thots º°˚ ˚°ºoo!
Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by hardknockbroda(m): 1:07pm On Apr 14, 2013
Just my thots....
Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by nuclearboy(m): 1:47pm On Apr 14, 2013
@sincere9gerian:

Hardknock has effectively answered you!

Recycling the same theme to give examples of "work" can't cut it no more especially as you are the ones complaining Amosun should NOT fix fed govt roads!

Sure-P too, ought NOT be held as responsible for what Capital expenditure has been budgeted for! Of course I know you'll use your 100 years becoming 5 years because of Sure-p as self justification but you know those are hollow excuses! Reality is it NOT showing and all your posts above just portend immense (yet now poorly justified) losses meant to give one impression while doing whatever else the funds are being truly used for!

2 Likes

Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 14, 2013
nuclearboy: @sincere9gerian:

Hardknock has effectively answered you!

Recycling the same theme to give examples of "work" can't cut it no more especially as you are the ones complaining Amosun should NOT fix fed govt roads!

Sure-P too, ought NOT be held as responsible for what Capital expenditure has been budgeted for! Of course I know you'll use your 100 years becoming 5 years because of Sure-p as self justification but you know those are hollow excuses! Reality is it NOT showing and all your posts above just portend immense (yet now poorly justified) losses meant to give one impression while doing whatever else the funds are being truly used for!
I addressed the issue of budget versus SURE-P already in one of my posts on this page. See it above.

2 Likes

Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by Goddex: 2:44pm On Apr 14, 2013
Later, their spoke man Liar Muhammed will start
Spewing lies about SURE-P funds instead of telling us how ACN governors are spending their own share.
Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by Orikinla(m): 2:49pm On Apr 14, 2013
SURE-P GIVES N3BILLION FOR NOLLYWOOD PROJECT.
SURE-P CONSULTS ORIKINLA ON NEW MEGA NOLLYWOOD CINEMAS. grin

1 Like

Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by ikweremilitant: 2:49pm On Apr 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: ** SURE-P Fast Tracking Ongoing Works On The Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Narrow Guage And Abuja-Kaduna Modern Standard Guage Rail Lines

18th January, 2013

“That is why the rehabilitation of the Eastern line is moving at a pace such that by the end of this year, ifthat SURE-P intervention is sustained, if the pace of the release of money is sustained, we will have trains running between Port Harcourt and Maiduguri. Similarly, the Abuja to Kaduna standard gauge project is now 40 per cent complete, and if this level of funding which the President has directed is sustained, the Abuja to Kaduna line would be fully operational by the end of 2014. What we are saying now is that these interventions need to be sustained not just for the rehabilitation, but also for the maintenance and operations of train’s services to a point where NRC can become self-sustaining and a point where the private sector would be required to take over train operations”, he said.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/port-harcourt-maiduguri-rail-line-will-be-on-track-this-year/136720/
pls tell dem o truth is bitter
Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by 10over101: 2:55pm On Apr 14, 2013
Crap!!!..

2 Likes

Re: SURE-P Getting The Job Done!!! by GJames(m): 3:03pm On Apr 14, 2013
this is the first time i'm hearing the title SURE-P. If they are really working then they don't need you to tell us about them

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 7 Controversies Involving Former President Obasanjo / Buhari Praises Father Mbaka, Lauds Catholic Priest’s Steadfastness / 'i’ll Dine With The Devil To Ensure Lagos Is Safe' - Edgal Imohimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.