Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,306 members, 7,815,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer (19079 Views)

If Obama Can Be Accused Of Dictatorship By Republicans; Buhari Should Ignore PDP / Senior Police Officials Who Ignore Phone Calls From Citizens Risk Sack / Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by mysticgal(f): 11:03am On Apr 13, 2013
it was wrong in the first place,to have called them,i just dislike their inhuman heart.
Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by otondo55: 11:03am On Apr 13, 2013
Nigeria Police is the worst that can happen to mankind. Heartless and Shameless !

1 Like

Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by Slickest(m): 11:05am On Apr 13, 2013
D force kipz exhibiting mediocrity in dier operations
Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by Beync(f): 11:06am On Apr 13, 2013
POLICE CAP: [size=16][color=009900] what more were you expecting from the nigerian police when they don't stand to gain any #20. [/size][/color]
we have passed this era since na. since 2011 they upgraded to #50.

1 Like

Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by Eneze1(f): 11:06am On Apr 13, 2013
What do you expect from one of the most corrupt institution in Nigeria, am not surprised though

1 Like

Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 13, 2013
that Ngozi Braide of a woman should be taught how to talk in public! she doesnt have to always defend the police because she is a spokesperson. there is nothing wrong admitting your fault.

2 Likes

Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by tripledub: 11:09am On Apr 13, 2013
If this is true, then it is unprofessional on the part of the police men. The lord ll see her through.
Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by Feedmemore(f): 11:09am On Apr 13, 2013
Very wicked of the police to show such a lackadaisical attitude to a dieing woman.
Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by rezzy: 11:09am On Apr 13, 2013
oluwadare26: Are u guyz surprised? Me, I'm not o... I'v known NPF to be useless since i gave them #5000 to arrest a friend of mine and detain him for Two days coz we had a scuffle when we were playing PS 2 BETTING..., They did and even encourage me that anytime i'm playing betting and my opponent tend to show strong head, i shud come straight to them..

Hope you have repented from dat? If not.......
Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by luc26(f): 11:13am On Apr 13, 2013
Evil men in black worse dan satan mschwwww
Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by Beync(f): 11:21am On Apr 13, 2013
we can what the police is good at, ''compounding vehicles'' neglecting the most important thing "the dieing woman"
Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 13, 2013
This shameless wh.ore called Ngozi Braide is more disgusting than a heap of poo. We're not impressed by her pretty face and soft azz; she should save that for the IGP or any randy Oga at the Top that she owes her position to. This bimbo never has anything sensible to say.

It's a huge travesty that useless characters like this bitch are entrusted with such sensitive positions. How can she insult the sensibilities of the victim and eye witnesses by making a spurious claim based merely on supposition? Nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by nagoma(m): 11:23am On Apr 13, 2013
The police is your enemy.
Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by Sannei: 11:26am On Apr 13, 2013
Let us insult them and complain ...Since thats what we do best.
Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by saleeh: 11:27am On Apr 13, 2013
...just pray to ur Lord dat you don't fall victim of anything in this countary if you do! you're on ur own...one Nigeria...nonsense!
Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by olaric(m): 11:33am On Apr 13, 2013
Hypocrisy of the highest order!
Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by slimyem: 11:36am On Apr 13, 2013
oluwadare26: Are u guyz surprised? Me, I'm not o... I'v known NPF to be useless since i gave them #5000 to arrest a friend of mine and detain him for Two days coz we had a scuffle when we were playing PS 2 BETTING..., They did and even encourage me that anytime i'm playing betting and my opponent tend to show strong head, i shud come straight to them..
shockedshockedshocked
Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by nekaa(f): 11:49am On Apr 13, 2013
Too bad for the poor woman
Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by dederocs(m): 11:53am On Apr 13, 2013
PrettyRita: Police ignore woman trapped under trailer
2013-04-12 23:00:55

A middle-aged woman, Ifeoma Oraka, who was hit by a trailer and got trapped under the vehicle on Friday morning at Second Rainbow Bus Stop, on the Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, was allegedlyThe incident, our correspondent learnt, happened in the front of a police station and in the presence of some policemen.

An eyewitness told Saturday PUNCH that the incident happened around 10 am as the woman stood at the bus stop waiting to board a bus.

The eyewitness, who identified himself simply as Chibuzor, said, "I was on my way to work when I got to the bus stop and saw a lot of people gathered. I learnt that the trailer had a failed break and hit a bus the woman was about to board.

"Many people stood there looking at her under the trailer apparently thinking she was dead because the trailer had crushed her legs. Policemen stood all around too controlling the traffic, which I did not think was the most important think at the time.

"I talked to a taxi driver who agreed to take the woman to the hospital. To ensure that she got prompt attention at the hospital, I approached the policemen to at least follow us to the hospital but they shouted at me to get away."

Chibuzor said even though the woman had to be dragged from under the trailer half-dead, the policemen showed no sympathy.

He said they were only concerned about impounding the two buses that were also involved in the accident.

Our correspondent learnt that the woman was rushed to Gbagada General Hospital, where she was given first aid treatment and later referred to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital for intensive treatment.

But the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Ngozi Braide, has maintained that the victim could not have been ignored by policemen.

"I was not there but I can tell you that the report that policemen were around but did nothing to help the woman is a lie. Police can never do that," she said.

http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/police-ignore-woman-trapped-under-trailer/
Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by babybos(m): 11:53am On Apr 13, 2013
Thanks Chibuzor, I pray heaven will assit your family, next time we will do our self a good help by mentioning the name/ location of the police station and if possible quote the number/name of the officer(one of the reason for name/number tag), the PRO that was defending may not be wrong, because there is no one to really challenge, moreover you defend your officer in public and rebuke them later Rita]Police ignore woman trapped under trailer
2013-04-12 23:00:55

A middle-aged woman, Ifeoma Oraka, who was hit by a trailer and got trapped under the vehicle on Friday morning at Second Rainbow Bus Stop, on the Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, was allegedly ignored by policemen at the scene.

The incident, our correspondent learnt, happened in the front of a police station and in the presence of some policemen.

An eyewitness told Saturday PUNCH that the incident happened around 10 am as the woman stood at the bus stop waiting to board a bus.

The eyewitness, who identified himself simply as Chibuzor, said, "I was on my way to work when I got to the bus stop and saw a lot of people gathered. I learnt that the trailer had a failed break and hit a bus the woman was about to board.

"Many people stood there looking at her under the trailer apparently thinking she was dead because the trailer had crushed her legs. Policemen stood all around too controlling the traffic, which I did not think was the most important think at the time.

"I talked to a taxi driver who agreed to take the woman to the hospital. To ensure that she got prompt attention at the hospital, I approached the policemen to at least follow us to the hospital but they shouted at me to get away."

Chibuzor said even though the woman had to be dragged from under the trailer half-dead, the policemen showed no sympathy.

He said they were only concerned about impounding the two buses that were also involved in the accident.

Our correspondent learnt that the woman was rushed to Gbagada General Hospital, where she was given first aid treatment and later referred to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital for intensive treatment.

But the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Ngozi Braide, has maintained that the victim could not have been ignored by policemen.

"I was not there but I can tell you that the report that policemen were around but did nothing to help the woman is a lie. Police can never do that," she said.

http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/police-ignore-woman-trapped-under-trailer/
[/quote]
Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by Ishilove: 11:53am On Apr 13, 2013
Oya where is Policewoman? Let her come and defend her people angry

1 Like

Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by steffans(m): 11:56am On Apr 13, 2013
Thank God d Persin dat took her to d hospital didn't start taking pixsure as most 9jarians do dis days...SMH...

Btwn....Pls watz Nigerian Police?
Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by garsul: 12:01pm On Apr 13, 2013
It is this same Nigerian Police that stired the honet's nest and gave extremist a ground for starting the boko haram insurgency that have now spiralled out of control. they attacked and killed members of the relatively unknown group and therafter killed their leaders who were handed over to them by the soldiers and stupidly video the barbaric scene, the aftermath of that is the security threat we are facing daily

1 Like

Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by dederocs(m): 12:07pm On Apr 13, 2013
We need to train our police men thoroughly,they need to undergo a thorough re-orientation programme.
As it is the Nigerian police is still structured under the style the British left it with-apart from the main task of policing,which is to maintain law and order,The Nigerian Police was set up by the British to fight public dissent and clamours from activists on the need for more previledges,rights and for the total independence of Nigeria.The Brutish,oppressive style of policing,a police that sees itself as the boss,rather than being a public servant whose job is to create good relationships with members of the public for proper communication and info gathering to create a safe and sane society for us all.
First of all we need to change this ideology of our police force.we should have different units for different functions,some will be geared towards pblic relations and others will be crack teams,patrol,intelligence etc.each staff should focus squarely on his role.The earlier we go back to the basics to make things right the better cos none of us is free from the dangers of the inefficiencies of the Nigerian police forece-whether rich or poor.
The Police force should employ the services of public relations experts and phsychologist to train these new recruits...for the benefits will be immense.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by kumari089(m): 12:13pm On Apr 13, 2013
Nigerian police are bunch of crooks
Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by Papadoh(m): 1:00pm On Apr 13, 2013
Holy sh*t! Dude you're crazy.Lol
Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by ozodimgba(m): 1:09pm On Apr 13, 2013
NPF
Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by ozodimgba(m): 1:10pm On Apr 13, 2013
NPF
Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by Mobsync(m): 1:13pm On Apr 13, 2013

with all due respect sir, I also think u're equally useless.
Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by dailywealth1967: 1:17pm On Apr 13, 2013
Nigerian Police is the root cause of the problem of nigeria.Disband the NPF & let our disciplined Army also act as custodians of the law.If they had noticed even #1,000 with the woman under the trailer,they come rushing pretending to assist.Bros,it is the #1,000 they are targetting.Why is the NPF very very wicked?

2 Likes

Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by obagangan: 1:22pm On Apr 13, 2013
all the police in this country no is to harrass innocent ppl, collet wat they, can U belive that they arrested my brother for holding his Girlfrnds hand on the street, he was charged wit turning the str to a love garden. I had to bail them out around 12am at ifako police station. stupid black ppl in black jacket. ; grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 13, 2013
Nigerian police is a very BIG JOKE. NSCDC is even better than them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Analysis On Vanguard Published 'Crack In Militant Camp Widens' / Buhari Meets South African President, Ramaphosa (Photos, Video) / Biafran Guy Talking Sense Into The Heads Of Other Biafras *PICS*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.