Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,096 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married (1223 Views)

Woman Shares Father's Racist Letter On Twitter After He Threatened To Disown Her / Photo:when You Finally Meet That Lady That Told You She Doesn't Date Broke Guys / Hausa Boy, Igbo Girl To Marry, But Parents Threaten to Disown Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married by Bishopm: 12:09pm On Apr 13, 2013
My girlfriend of 5yrs is in a dilenma because her family is putting pressure on her to get married and even thretening to disown her if she doesn't get married the worst part is dat she has never dated any of d 4 guys after her,she is d best tin to ever happened to me in d last 5 years,I met her right frm first year in schl n she even gave up 1yr so we could graduate together,I ve prayed about it all n even told my pastor,whom after praying told me if she goeas ahead she will be making d biggest misatke of her life,but d question is does she go ahead n make d biggest mistake of her life or risk being disowned by her parents,pls advise us
Re: Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married by TrishaP(f): 5:01pm On Apr 13, 2013
If she goes ahead and do what? Can't seem to get it
Re: Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married by Bishopm: 9:25pm On Apr 13, 2013
@trisha,if she goes ahead to marry d person r parents r imposing on her
Re: Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married by TrishaP(f): 7:41am On Apr 14, 2013
Then she shouldn't. She should stick with you until both parties r ready for commitment or else she might regret for the rest of her life. Best thing she should just leave her home, go get something to do to make money Before the time comes.
Re: Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married by UjSizzle(f): 8:51am On Apr 14, 2013
Some parents sha. Times like this you wish you were just hatched instead of birthed undecided

The worst thing she can do to herself is get married under pressure and much less to a man she doesn't know.
Re: Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:06am On Apr 14, 2013
@op how old is she? Is her family poor? Is the guy(s) rich? And are u financially ok? Cus these may the reasons for the pressure they are mounting on her
Re: Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married by TrishaP(f): 2:18pm On Apr 14, 2013
@uche, exactly.
Re: Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 14, 2013
Ucheosefoh: @op how old is she? Is her family poor? Is the guy(s) rich? And are u financially ok? Cus these may the reasons for the pressure they are mounting on her

Yep, too many unanswered questions.
Re: Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married by TrishaP(f): 3:11pm On Apr 14, 2013
@op, answer the questions. So we could know what's best to recommend.
Re: Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married by Bishopm: 8:18pm On Apr 14, 2013
Tanx for ur contributions,she is 26yrs old,am a fresh graduate n yet to get a job,bt I ve passed an an exam n gone for an interview with one of d big companies in ph n I believe I will get d job,her parents r nt poor bt can hold up,I don't really knw abt d guy if he is rich or nt,her resolve for wanting to go ahead is dat she wants to go into d marriage n if anytin happens to her,she wants her parents to bear d consequences of forcing her into marriage,I ve tried to make her see reasons bt she has refused,dat every of her siblings has turned her enemy because of d issue.
Re: Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married by TrishaP(f): 10:53pm On Apr 14, 2013
My advice is that she shouldn't let or accept such if she won't be happy and not Bcus of her parents. Most parents make their children do what they want and they end up being unhappy. At this point in time, she shouldn't please her parents and displease herself. If she doesn't want it then let her find a better solution to a better life.
Re: Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 14, 2013
She should disown the stuupid family first!!. Nansense!!
Re: Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married by Scarpon(m): 11:46pm On Apr 14, 2013
what kind of family is that #smfh#
Re: Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married by Nobody: 2:35am On Apr 15, 2013
I will advise you to let the girl go. U need to face yourlife. If you get the Job, u need to settle down b4 rushing to marry. Trying to marry dis girl will put you into unneccesary pressure which you may regret later. I dont think d family really want to disown her.Countries like china, south korea, and isreal where marriage are very successful most people marrry based on parental choice. We should not be too carried away with western culture where parents play no role and people marry all in d name of passion. That is why dicorce rate is very high in western country.

1 Like

Re: Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married by Bishopm: 7:40am On Apr 15, 2013
Tank u all for ur advise I really appreciate n will appreciate more,bt I ve resolved to let her go ahead,I ve forgiven n prayed for her,I pray God gives me d heart n grace to carry on.
Re: Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:54am On Apr 15, 2013
Scarpon: what kind of family is that #smfh#

I tell you! It's situations like this that make me appreciate the kind of family I have.
Re: Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married by djeezy(m): 8:04am On Apr 15, 2013
@topic, why na, to marry na by force? Cruel family infringing on her fundamental human right. Consent gained by fraud or threat is no consent at all.
Re: Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married by dulaman: 8:51am On Apr 15, 2013
Op do you see youself marrying in the next 3-4yrs? Not after waiting for you U go say she don turn old cargo dy lok for freshy. 26yrs no be beans.
Re: Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married by Bishopm: 9:08am On Apr 15, 2013
dulaman: Op do you see youself marrying in the next 3-4yrs? Not after waiting for you U go say she don turn old cargo dy lok for freshy. 26yrs no be beans.
a girl I have taken to see my family n my mom takes as her own daughter I guess is being serious,all I ask frm her is 1 more year if am nt ready by den,she can go ahead.
Re: Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married by eforce01: 4:28pm On Apr 15, 2013
Family threats are one of the wrong reasons to get married. No where is it written that marriage is compulsory or must be done at a certain age. Being happily single is better than being miserably married. Here are other wrong reasons to get married.

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/04/wrong-reasons-to-get-married.html
Re: Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married by ednut1(m): 6:59pm On Apr 15, 2013
ur pastor na yeye man selfish interest to please u, do fast mk u gt money marry here or else she go flw parents, 26 don ripe grin
Re: Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 15, 2013
The parents are tired of feeding her cheesy
Re: Her Family Theatens to Disown Her,if She Doesn't Get Married by SAFO(m): 7:40pm On Apr 15, 2013
My dude let her go. If after 5 years you still have to beg her not to marry some complete stranger on the whim of her parents then she's not the one for you.

PS. While you're at it, you might want to ditch that your pastor as well, lol.

(1) (Reply)

Jealousy In Relationships: How Do You Handle It? / She Lives With Me And Had Two Kids For Me But I Don't Love Her / 7 Interesting Facts About Kissing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.