Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

What Can I Do To Get Him Back? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Can I Do To Get Him Back? (1859 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by fastchick: 3:18pm On Apr 13, 2013
Hi guys please I need an honest advice most especially from the guys on this matter. I truly truly want to let go but somehow I just can't I really don't know what to do. I met this guy some years ago for me it was love at first sight and I could swear that he felt something, although we met when he came to Nigeria for a visit, everything seemed so perfect till we discovered that somehow in the past I had something to do with one of his close relatives, that really weighed me down cos I felt that affected what we had. He then started saying I was too young. Anyway, long and short of it he travelled back when he did it was as if everything was off. he started talking about friendship somehow I moved on with my life even though deep down in my heart I just couldn’t let go, I felt that somehow fate had something in store for us

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by fastchick: 3:19pm On Apr 13, 2013
We still managed to keep in touch and from time to time and used to call ourselves and spend hours talking on the phone although he still maintained his stance on friendship. After a while, I just decided to forget about everything then he called me and was saying that I should always stay in touch, somehow we found ourselves in the same country and for some time we used to communicate on the phone. Recently, we saw ourselves after many years; I was sooo overjoyed to see him. We spent the whole day together and did sturvs together, talked about a lot of things and joked with ourselves. The next day I went home but I didn’t know where I was in his life I think we talked from time to time not really frequent on the phone, before then he said that I was very sensitive.
Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by fastchick: 3:20pm On Apr 13, 2013
The last time we spoke our conversation centred on my sensitivity and insecurities and he started talking about friendship again. Then I just told him straight up that what I felt was more than friendship that I wanted more and that was how everything "scattered" he said he thought we had been through this before, he then asked me what I really wanted I hesitated and told him that what I want might not be what he wants but he pressed on, so I told him my stance was all or nothing. He started saying that I wasn't being fair to him anyway that was how our conversation ended. I started feeling really sad and kept wondering If I did the right thing. so I sent him an email with a clear picture of exactly how I felt about him, that I didn't care about the age difference if that was his fear, the reply he sent was almost like an insult to me at least that’s how I felt almost like he felt I just saw him as a potential husband in other words I’m just looking for marriage, that if I really love him as I claimed it should not be conditional any way I sent a reply back explaining things.
Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by fastchick: 3:20pm On Apr 13, 2013
That the main reason why I said that is because if he only sees me as a friend with the way I feel I don't know how to handle things if he meets someone that he will love so the best thing is to let go. Since then I haven't heard anything I feel soo sad. I really want to let go, I don’t know why I feel this way, I keep wondering if I wasn’t too forward and just let things happen. Please guys I need your advice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by frijos(m): 3:42pm On Apr 13, 2013
Leave him alone for now and focus on other interesting parts of your life. Give him some space, that will make him start wondering in his mind if he has actually treated you fair or not. You appear too desperate, just calm down and take it easy. My 2 cents. Best of luck babe!

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by dangerzone: 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2013
frijos: Leave him alone for now and focus on other interesting parts of your life. Give him some space, that will make him start wondering in his mind if he has actually treated you fair or not. You appear too desperate, just calm down and take it easy. My 2 cents. Best of luck babe!
case closed!!
Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by fastchick: 7:32pm On Apr 13, 2013
frijos: Leave him alone for now and focus on other interesting parts of your life. Give him some space, that will make him start wondering in his mind if he has actually treated you fair or not. You appear too desperate, just calm down and take it easy. My 2 cents. Best of luck babe!

thanks!!! I will try and stay away
Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by kay9(m): 8:41pm On Apr 13, 2013
@OP
Babe, i give you points for being honest and bold enough to tell this guy how you feel about him. Most girls won't do what you did for fear of rejection, but you my dear have shown real maturity by not being afraid to voice your heart's desire. I do not, however, think you should "try to get him back"; it shows desperation and may even make him think that you have other reasons for wanting him... or do you? smiley

I think you should just give him his space and let him come back to you himself. And if he doesn't, then stitch up your heart darling, and look forward with a smile. No man is worth spilling tears for, not even me. cheesy Oh, and by the way, i think your guy is "sleeping-on-a-bike"; after all that time and all he has in mind is friendship?? That fella is not being honest with himself.

For the record, I personally don't think its a bad thing for a girl to open up and tell a guy that she wants him and would love to be married to him; its only bad if the girl lies about WHY she wants that - for example, saying you love him, when you really just want the comfort his wealth or position gives.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 13, 2013
He obviously doesn't want any kind of commitment. And at the same time, he is holding you back emotionally. He says you are friends, but its ok to do sturvs together? Its not right. You also need to give him some space. Quit the phone calls and make yourself scarce. The healthy break and space will help you both decided on what you want.

***Guys don't like it when they get something without striving for it. You are offering yourself too easily. Thereby appearing cheap!
Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by kay9(m): 9:00pm On Apr 13, 2013
uniqueval:
***Guys don't like it when they get something without striving for it. You are offering yourself too easily. Thereby appearing cheap!

How did you get to this conclusion, pray?
Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 13, 2013
The easiest way to lose a man is trying to cling too hard,which you did.Let this guy be,the emotion you sense from him might just be his intimAte urge.Please don't go doing "sturves" just like that because if you continue like this,you might know more bedroom ceiling more than you ve known good food by the time you are married.Don't you think that this guy is commited already?

Carry yourself with dignity and a man will respect you,it is really pathetic when a woman begs for love.Doing sturves won't change his emotions either because men are hard wired.Please choose your relationships wisely.
Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by fastchick: 10:13pm On Apr 13, 2013
byvan: The easiest way to lose a man is trying to cling too hard,which you did.Let this guy be,the emotion you sense from him might just be his intimAte urge.Please don't go doing "sturves" just like that because if you continue like this,you might know more bedroom ceiling more than you ve known good food by the time you are married.Don't you think that this guy is commited already?

Carry yourself with dignity and a man will respect you,it is really pathetic when a woman begs for love.Doing sturves won't change his emotions either because men are hard wired.Please choose your relationships wisely.

Please you can give your advice without sounding soo condescending, I'm not the first person to fall in love neither will I be the last. I would prefer answers from the guys because they will understand better
Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 13, 2013
fastchick:

Please you can give your advice without sounding soo condescending, I'm not the first person to fall in love neither will I be the last. I would prefer answers from the guys because they will understand better

Condescending?no!am just very honest with you.Be rest assured that the guys could only guess whAt a woman feels.I only told you what I ll tell my own sister without mincing words.You are infatuated.Sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way.
Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by mygirrl: 10:26pm On Apr 13, 2013
Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 13, 2013
WhAt ever girl!!!
Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by fastchick: 10:30pm On Apr 13, 2013
Condescending?no!am just very honest with you.Be rest assured that the guys could only guess whAt a woman feels.I only told you what I ll tell my own sister without mincing words.You are infatuated.Sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way.[/quote

you don't know me, you don't know what or how I feel, so stop typing what you don't know. I would prefer answers from guys because the person I am talking about is a guy
Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by Daresh(f): 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2013
Oh woman please stop whinning. He is using you as friends with benefits. Forget it and move on

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by Smartiegurl(f): 10:52pm On Apr 13, 2013
let him go, he will come back, if he is truly yours. sometimes our plans dnt really work out the way we want it!
Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by fastchick: 11:03pm On Apr 13, 2013
Smartie gurl: let him go, he will come back, if he is truly yours. sometimes our plans dnt really work out the way we want it!

Yes you are right! Although I feel sad because I really enjoy talking to him. I don't know why love can be so painful. oh well......
Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by 50calibre(m): 11:15pm On Apr 13, 2013
Please do you have any friend who has the same attitude as you? I've been looking for friends with benefits for a long time but can't find any.

In a world of about 7 billion people, your kind is rare.
Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 13, 2013
C'est fini.
Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by free2ryhme: 11:21pm On Apr 13, 2013
fastchick: Hi guys please I need an honest advice most especially from the guys on this matter. I truly truly want to let go but somehow I just can't I really don't know what to do. I met this guy some years ago for me it was love at first sight and I could swear that he felt something, although we met when he came to Nigeria for a visit, everything seemed so perfect till we discovered that somehow in the past I had something to do with one of his close relatives, that really weighed me down cos I felt that affected what we had. He then started saying I was too young. Anyway, long and short of it he travelled back when he did it was as if everything was off. he started talking about friendship somehow I moved on with my life even though deep down in my heart I just couldn’t let go, I felt that somehow fate had something in store for us

na becos say the guy dey abroad we dey hear dis matter if na naija the guy base we for no hear dis matter at all .. u go don dump am tay tay
Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by okoolori(m): 11:35pm On Apr 13, 2013
He loves U but I think he has someone somewhere which he mite have met before or after U guys known each other. I bet U, he loves U but his heart is with someone else somewhere. Just stops calling him and no emails, text messages and all that... He will call U back or send s txt. Men don't love lady if she's all over him and he noticed she can't do without him. Yeah that's for real, I am a man and a married one at that so I don't see any reason why U should nt let him go. If he realises what U meant to him, he will call and accept ur purest heat towards him. Just don't let it weigh U down. Forge on and keep him off ur mind. If he's urs, he will definitely be urs and if he's not, May Allah gives U a purest heart of a guy who deserves U..
Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by fastchick: 11:38pm On Apr 13, 2013
50calibre: Please do you have any friend who has the same attitude as you? I've been looking for friends with benefits for a long time but can't find any.

In a world of about 7 billion people, your kind is rare.

You really don't need to do this, you don't have to pull me down so you can feel better about yourself. I'm very sure that you have fallen for someone before. I'm not the first neither will I be the last to fall for someone
Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by fastchick: 11:48pm On Apr 13, 2013
free2ryhme:

na becos say the guy dey abroad we dey hear dis matter if na naija the guy base we for no hear dis matter at all .. u go don dump am tay tay

You don't even know if I'm based in Nigeria yet you are typing. You don't know anything about me, i could be anybody. just give your advice if you don't have anything useful to say then please you don't have to comment its not by force.
Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by 50calibre(m): 12:47am On Apr 14, 2013
fastchick:

You really don't need to do this, you don't have to pull me down so you can feel better about yourself. I'm very sure that you have fallen for someone before. I'm not the first neither will I be the last to fall for someone

I'm not putting you down sweety, I'm only trying to sarcastically point out your error. Why stress yourself over someone who is obviously using you?
Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by 190: 3:48am On Apr 14, 2013
angry angry
Re: What Can I Do To Get Him Back? by lumideezle(m): 4:19am On Apr 14, 2013
oko olori: He loves U but I think he has someone somewhere which he mite have met before or after U guys known each other. I bet U, he loves U but his heart is with someone else somewhere. Just stops calling him and no emails, text messages and all that... He will call U back or send s txt. Men don't love lady if she's all over him and he noticed she can't do without him. Yeah that's for real, I am a man and a married one at that so I don't see any reason why U should nt let him go. If he realises what U meant to him, he will call and accept ur purest heat towards him. Just don't let it weigh U down. Forge on and keep him off ur mind. If he's urs, he will definitely be urs and if he's not, May Allah gives U a purest heart of a guy who deserves U..

Believe/ Listen to this Advice at your own risk. My dear the hard truth is that that young man does not love you kobo!! Never mistake persornal rapour with love, he is just a good communicator that's y you both click and you enjoy his company.
You had your chance to make him respect you but you blew it by doing stuves with him. Neways like a lot of plp have said let him go, when he comes back accept him but this time ensure that he is not there to enjoy some more freebies. Stamp your foot on the ground and treat him like you would a random guyy toasting you.Una knw as una dey do na all the love tests b4 you finally calm down. This would make him respect you and posiblylove you.
If u like do more stuves with him oo u hear?? Na u go cry @ last because in his mind he would "sidechick" you.
N/B I shouldn't be telling you this bc you are a chick but I'll take it like I'm helping a sister out

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Lives With Me And Had Two Kids For Me But I Don't Love Her. / I'm Scared Of Having Any Relationships! Cos I Hate Girls. / What Should We Call These Set Of Ladies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.