Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense (19973 Views)

The Controversy About The Beginning And The Big Bang Theory / When God Doesn't Make Sense. / Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by Areaboy2(m): 9:13pm On Apr 19, 2013
alfaman2:

I'm still waiting for your comeback on this.

come on mate.. its friday.. after this last beer, I'll get on it tongue tongue
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by wiegraf: 10:28pm On Apr 19, 2013
@reyg

You seem to misunderstand, we ignore you because you're an incredibly foolish nincompoop, not because we do not have any answers. Well, actually, you were given some answers (by someone unacquainted with your nonsense, of course) but they seem to be completely beyond you.

No, I won't give you any, as they would be totally lost on you and I'm not a charity. Buy books, use google, whatever. Hint, 'god did it' is a lazy cop out, not a valid answer. Look through history, it has never been vindicated, it very likely never will be. Your religious beliefs even demand (blind) "FAITH" from you. Deal with it. Also note there is nothing, absolutely nothing, wrong with saying "I don't know" when it's the truth. In fact, it should be applauded. (Do note, that's not necessarily the case with these issues though.)

If you had stayed out of the way perhaps the rest of us may have gotten to some of your issues. Not that they're anything particularly special, but still...

Really, why recommend this for the front page? If hell bent on getting your 'answers', you could have opened your own thread and recommended it....wait, you do have your own thread dealing with your nonsense, why didn't you keep your retardation there? I hope you recommended that one for the front as well? Or are you not getting enough attention there?

To be fair to you though, those from the front page on this thread are not the usual exemplars of sheer, barely believable, despair inducing stoopidity, both the theists and otherwise, but it could have been much worse.

Kind regards

Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by alfaman2: 11:41pm On Apr 19, 2013
Area Boy, Wiegraf and any other intelligent person out there, please let us continue this discussion because I believe we are learning a lot from it despite our divergent views. Let us not let the ignorant derailers derails us.
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 20, 2013
alfaman2: Area Boy, Wiegraf and any other intelligent person out there, please let us continue this discussion because I believe we are learning a lot from it despite our divergent views. Let us not let the ignorant derailers derails us.

Sharrap, I expected better from you. As far as this thread is concerned, you are among the ignorant ones.

angry angry angry

Seriously disappointed, bro. you're ma pal, but you fall my hand
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by heisenberg33: 12:50am On Apr 20, 2013
MsDarkSkin: As a theist it may surprise many to know that I actually believe in the big bang theory.
the only thing that separates me from the evolutionists is the belief that it was random.

a force much greater than us organized the big bang and created our universe, our planets, our being with perfection and lurv. kiss grin

You are the first person i have seen or heard of who has my belief, I believe in God as well as the big bang. But i believe God must have orchestrated and doctored the big bang
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by heisenberg33: 1:25am On Apr 20, 2013
The biggest mistake i think atheist scientists and most religionists make is thinking that God and science are mutually exclusive. There seems to be an almost tacit agreement between the two camps that being an ardent follower of one precludes you from following the other. Both camps accuse themselves of the very thing they are both guilty of, which is extremism. I have been scientific right from when i was born, and have been in love with the big bang theory right from when i was like 10 years old. I believe in God and i believe in science too. Believing in one does not negate believing in the other. One thing we must get clear is that, neither science nor religion has the capability of explaining completely who God is and what he has made. Both science and religion are man-made, so it is not surprising that they both are riddled with flaws and contradictions. The issue is not with religion or science, but with its extremist followers, who see the need to always come up with specious arguments to lend credence to what they believe when they think that the other side is winning. Both science and religion should be enjoyed and viewed as human innovations which must remain imperfect. Religion and God are not analogous, religion is a man-made thing, in an attempt to know God more, while science is man made also attempting to know the laws guiding what God has made (and in effect knowing him more). I see God as a being that transcends both science and religion, and as such both of them will always run into a cul-de-sac when they attempt to explain that infinite being or his works. Believing in both will surely aid us in explaining many things, but a vast majority of things will remain unexplained. I am wise enough to find fascinating all that man has been able to discover through science, and also wise enough to know that many other things must and will remain mysterious, supernatural, and paranormal, unexplained by all physical laws. I think knowing where to draw this line is the real wisdom
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by 50calibre(m): 4:19am On Apr 20, 2013
ifeness:

Yes i agree the Nazi built vessels similar to the UFO which i have read and seen a lot of pictures. And they built them under the influence of some external intelligence. Like the "ark of convenant" was built in an account written in the bible. Gold was a necessity to build it in order for it to conduct high voltage charges. Just like the Naziis but somthing similar, the ancient people did the same. Question: why did the gods instruct the people not to touch the ark even if it were falling to the ground? Could it be because it was going to electricute the handler to death regardless of the good intent?

The ark of the covenant was not to be touched, not for its physical or electrical properties, but for what is contained in it and its divine power.

ifeness:

The gonverment have acess to hidden technology,i am aware of that. But we need to realize that technology boomed rapidly over a period of 200 years which is really a suspect. Do our gorvenments( especially the western) have a knowledge of other civilization trading technology for other earthly resources like humans ? These are questions we need to ask ourselves.

Yes there has been a technology boom in the last 200 years but I highly doubt it has anything to do with man acquiring any extraterrestrial intelligence because if any of the UFO and alien stories are to go by, aliens are technologically miles ahead of us, to them we are like Stone Age men. Guys like achemedes and Galileo lived more than 200 years ago, but their works are still being studied today.

ifeness:

I think the governments secrets will remain intact if less people think and more people remain religious. Why? Because all religious doctrine do not threaten the hidden secret.

The governments themselves are firmly rooted to religion, look at the court system, constitutions, government policies, you would see that the government themselves are governed by religion. Look at Europe, America, Asia and the Middle East.

ifeness:

Were humans a product of the extratterestrials? Who know!

if we are products of extraterrestrials, technically we should possess some of their qualities, strengths and weaknesses. So how come man can't survive outside earth? We are yet to see a planet inhabited by extraterrestrials or a planet capable of supporting life

ifeness:

Now to answer your 2nd question concerning the devil and spirituality. Life itself is an illusion. Nothing is real but a creation or imagination of ours.

If you call life an illusion, then by implication, them death is also an illusion. Do you really believe that?

ifeness:

There are infint realities and we all chose whatever reality we fancy. If you think the devil is real,then it will become real in your reality. [b] Time,motion,space are not real,we make them real. [/b]The supernatural is the same,depending on what you want to experience.

I need to understand your definition of REAL before I reply that statement because I know those things are the realest things you can find. If you stand in front of a moving car, you get hit or you jump from three storey buildings, you fall through space and die.

ifeness:

The devil ideology is a word used to scare people to do good. It does work but doesnt make the devil real. Remember, life is a dead state,once you die you awake into a more real reality.

I would be more than happy to direct you in a path that would show you otherwise, and then il let you be the judge of how real or unreal the devil is.

1 Like

Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 20, 2013
wiegraf: @reyg

You seem to misunderstand, we ignore you because you're an incredibly foolish nincompoop, not because we do not have any answers. Well, actually, you were given some answers (by someone unacquainted with your nonsense, of course) but they seem to be completely beyond you.

No, I won't give you any, as they would be totally lost on you and I'm not a charity. Buy books, use google, whatever. Hint, 'god did it' is a lazy cop out, not a valid answer. Look through history, it has never been vindicated, it very likely never will be. Your religious beliefs even demand (blind) "FAITH" from you. Deal with it. Also note there is nothing, absolutely nothing, wrong with saying "I don't know" when it's the truth. In fact, it should be applauded. (Do note, that's not necessarily the case with these issues though.)

If you had stayed out of the way perhaps the rest of us may have gotten to some of your issues. Not that they're anything particularly special, but still...

Really, why recommend this for the front page? If hell bent on getting your 'answers', you could have opened your own thread and recommended it....wait, you do have your own thread dealing with your nonsense, why didn't you keep your retardation there? I hope you recommended that one for the front as well? Or are you not getting enough attention there?

To be fair to you though, those from the front page on this thread are not the usual exemplars of sheer, barely believable, despair inducing stoopidity, both the theists and otherwise, but it could have been much worse.

Kind regards
Lol. Actually I opened a thread, but only two atheists, kay17 and plaetton, out of the numerous intellectuals could rise to the challenge.
Don't pretend you haven't seen my signature.
I now talk to some of your kind like a father to a newborn.
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by Audukaya: 7:02am On Apr 20, 2013
when people have not the ability to think abstractly then they would begin to think that a concep is false. You must not see or touch everything,now we believe that there are waves that links us through tele-com can we see them? are they not functioning? To me an atheist has a question to ask his mental capacity before arguing with prophets. See u guy.
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 20, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. Actually I opened a thread, but only two atheists, kay17 and plaetton, out of the numerous intellectuals could rise to the challenge.

This guy is delusional!!!!

Kay17 and Plaetton had pity on you.
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 20, 2013
Audukaya: when people have not the ability to think abstractly then they would begin to think that a concep is false. You must not see or touch everything,now we believe that there are waves that links us through tele-com can we see them? are they not functioning? To me an atheist has a question to ask his mental capacity before arguing with prophets. See u guy.

are u saying that god is an abstract concept?
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

This guy is delusional!!!!

Kay17 and Plaetton had pity on you.
Lol. Just shift first. Wait..don' go. Are you willing to take up my challenge?
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by alfaman2: 8:04am On Apr 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

Sharrap, I expected better from you. As far as this thread is concerned, you are among the ignorant ones.

angry angry angry

Instead of shouting all over this thread like a rabid dog, you might as well use the time to explain to us your own understanding of the big bang.
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 20, 2013
alfaman2:

Instead of shouting all over this thread like a rabid dog, you might as well use the time to explain to us your own understanding of the big bang.

Shouting? Did i use capslock??

I have already explained my stance on the big bang
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 20, 2013
Logicboy03: Alfaman, i just lost FAITH in you.

Areaboy, gave clearcand simple explanations but you were anonynizing. The big bang is simply the best explanation we have now. The universe is expanding and scientists trace it back to a particular time they couldnt go past using mathemtical models and asssumptions from observing the universe.

To claim that it doesnt make sense is quitefoolish
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by alfaman2: 10:04am On Apr 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

Shouting? Did i use capslock??

I have already explained my stance on the big bang

No, you didn't explain your stance. You stated what scientists said, which they got at using, in your words, mathemtical models and asssumptions.

Anybody that knows mathematics knows that you can prove almost anything with maths. I gave the example of algebra.

The second one is assumption which is as reliable as a grey smoke from a vatican chimney.

Tell us what you think. Use your own brain for once.
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 20, 2013
[quote][quote author=50calibre]

The ark of the covenant was not to be touched, not for its physical or electrical properties, but for what is contained in it and its divine power.[quote]Divine power? Where is your evidence? Like i said earlier Gold is a good conductor of electrical conductor. The people who carried it had to wear a specific cloth-more insulation. Think about it...glowing rocks to a person of biblical times..they must be holy! Read the description of what exactly happened to the victims,and then see if you disagree...You studied science right?..

Yes there has been a technology boom in the last 200 years but I highly doubt it has anything to do with man acquiring any extraterrestrial intelligence because if any of the UFO and alien stories are to go by, aliens are technologically miles ahead of us, to them we are like Stone Age men. Guys like achemedes and Galileo lived more than 200 years ago, but their works are still being studied today.[quote] If they miles away from us technologically,don't they fit in with the descriptions of the bible gods?

The governments themselves are firmly rooted to religion, look at the court system, constitutions, government policies, you would see that the government themselves are governed by religion. Look at Europe, America, Asia and the Middle East.[quote]Did you see the speech made by Obama concerning the bible?...about stoning a child to death. We are moving from an era where religion took control of our lives to a new era suitable for the LOGICAL minds. Education will remain a waste if people still cannot think for themselves

if we are products of extraterrestrials, technically we should possess some of their qualities, strengths and weaknesses. So how come man can't survive outside earth? We are yet to see a planet inhabited by extraterrestrials or a planet capable of supporting life[quote]The is no evidence yet to prove if man could survive outside planet earth. Presently the earths atmosphere supports life,it might not anymore in a few hundred years

If you call life an illusion, then by implication, them death is also an illusion. Do you really believe that?[quote] they are both same,both illusion of the mind. what happened to you when you dream? At least you dream....i am not making it up here. I believe there is a continuation of life outside this physical plane..which i am sure makes us defile the laws of gravity. That is why i called death a more real state. Life as we know is dead to the other side...if you understand what i mean.

I need to understand your definition of REAL before I reply that statement because I know those things are the realest things you can find. If you stand in front of a moving car, you get hit or you jump from three storey buildings, you fall through space and die.

I would be more than happy to direct you in a path that would show you otherwise, and then il let you be the judge of how real or unreal the devil is.[quote] Now i need you give me a concrete proof that a God exist? Remember,my idea of God is all creature in creation which include you and i,no one is superior to the other,unless anyone creates an illusion of inferiority ...but you claim you God is supreme, how is that?
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by ooman(m): 11:16am On Apr 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

angry angry angry

We all know the big b.ang isn't complete.

We have not even done a manned interplanetary travel before to know so much about our universe, not to talk of its origin.

This thread therefore becomes useless, ignorant, disappointing, waste of time and waste of nairaland space.

Am also disappointed.
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 20, 2013
alfaman2:

No, you didn't explain your stance. You stated what scientists said, which they got at using, in your words, mathemtical models and asssumptions.

Anybody that knows mathematics knows that you can prove almost anything with maths. I gave the example of algebra.

The second one is assumption which is as reliable as a grey smoke from a vatican chimney.

Tell us what you think. Use your own brain for once.

Wow......just wow.

If a balloon swells up the volume of 40cm2 from nothing at a rate of 2cm per second. What was its size at 10 seconds?

The answer is 20cm.

Now, you have retraced the expansion of the balloon to a past time (from its full volume at 20 seconds to a particular time of 10 seconds) using a mathematical model and an assumption that the ballon swells at a uniform rate.

This is a basic modelling of the expansion of the universe.The assumptions are based on observable facts of the universe. And yes, ballons will swell at a uniform rate if air is pumped in at a particular rate.
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by alfaman2: 1:20pm On Apr 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wow......just wow.

If a balloon swells up the volume of 40cm2 from nothing at a rate of 2cm per second. What was its size at 10 seconds?

The answer is 20cm.

Now, you have retraced the expansion of the balloon to a past time (from its full volume at 20 seconds to a particular time of 10 seconds) using a mathematical model and an assumption that the ballon swells at a uniform rate.

This is a basic modelling of the expansion of the universe.The assumptions are based on observable facts of the universe. And yes, ballons will swell at a uniform rate if air is pumped in at a particular rate.

Maybe it was a mistake to ask you to use your own brain because your previous incivility is way better than this rubbish attempt at looking intelligent.

We are talking of the theory of the big bang and you are talking about blowing up a balloon.

No wonder the religious folks here label you the head of atheists in mockery of atheism. Don't take pride in that title because atheists here don't acknowledge you as a leader or worse, a spokesperson. From thread to thread, you show your ignorance. I have already once handed you a great humiliation when you started showing your abject ignorance on the subject of cloning. https://www.nairaland.com/954879/human-clones-souls

You are not obliged to comment on every thread. If you don't know the subject, shut up, read and learn.
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by ooman(m): 1:25pm On Apr 20, 2013
^^^following with awe cool
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by wiegraf: 3:00pm On Apr 20, 2013
alfaman2:
You just sound like a religious fanatic who cannot think outside the bible because that would make his world collapse. You just can't think outside the existing "laws of physics" that govern some parts of our world. The bolded is just an extraordinary claim to make. You very well know that they exist if and only if the laws of motion were flawless and constant. We have already shown the flaws in these laws within our own world. Also note that high gravity affects these laws as to make them useless.

This is all repetiton bordering on LLLAALALALAA

Because, like i've already mentioned, there's no good reason to throw out existing laws of physics. And these 'dark' effects are real, observed in various scenarios.

Until you provide good reasons to toss out the laws, like einstein did when he proposed a framework which voided the concept of the aether, a framework which stood up to scrutiny, in which he explained quite a lot of hitherto observed but unexplained phenomena, made predictions that were confirmed, etc, do not expect whatever theory you're pushing to be aaccepted by the mainstream. Simple. This is very reasonable.

No one's stopping you from exploring other options, in fact, you'll get all the support that can be mustered for your cause, support which will depend on how sound your claims are. Your claims will be peer-reviewed, collaborators will assist, etc. But having the scientific community toss out established, verified laws virtually on whims? Really?

An excellent example would be string theory, regardless of how fancy or beautiful it may be, it won't be accepted as mainstream until it passes a group of tests. It will not be accepted on more or else.....faith. Which is, frankly, what you, not me, are suggesting we do by disregarding established, confirmed physical laws before we've thoroughly explored them. Really, we should just make $hit up?

Laws of motion waver in extreme conditions, eg on the quantum scale, high densities/temperatures, etc. But obviously, they are still physical laws of this universe, not another, just under certain conditions. And we've not even studied these extreme conditions properly, they might not be as unintuitive as initially thought. They will no doubt aid with our general understanding of the universe (eg the forces being the same at very high temps would help explain some of brain dead reyg's queries). Anyways, all things being equal we should stick to the standard laws, we should at least exhaust that option thoroughly before putting our full weight on others or assuming extreme conditions.

And, for the n'th time, other options are being explored.

alfaman2:
@ the bolded. Yes, perfectly reasonable but completely wrong. It is a reasonable incompetence. It is a theory that makes reasonable sense but is in reality a complete nonsense.

No, it cannot be both reasonable and incompetent, as far as their actions are concerned. This is simple logic, I don't think I could put it any simpler.

Your issue is with the scientific method therefore the whole scenario should be incompetent to you, not this bit then that bit.

alfaman2:

Yes, I expect them to think outside the laws and consider the possibility that those laws may not apply in such circumstances. I expect them to acknowledge that things in the cosmos may not be as simple as they think.

See above. And who has not acknowledged that?

alfaman2:
I very much understand Occam's razor but am more inclined to the school of thought of Walter Chatton which considers more possibilities where existing theories do not provide adequate answers.

You will have to explain what this superior(?) system is

alfaman2:
We can discuss multiverse in another thread if you want. Let us keep this on the Big Bang. But just note that even if the big bang were to be correct, the only possible conclusion (apart from the "we are expanding into nothingness" nonsense) is that we are in a multiverse. Even if we are the only universe inside it, it is still a multiverse. A single planet solar system is still a solar system. Mind you, multiverse does not necessariry mean there was a big bang. If you want to continue this multiverse one, please open a fresh thread.

This is wrong, if what is out there is true 'nothing' then there is no multiverse, just this one. Can't see why using the prefix 'multi' in that situation is justified.

alfaman2:
Humans.

You well know most humans think we popped out of nowhere ready made say 6000 years ago. So, who are 'we'?

alfaman2:
And I don't have a poor grasp of the method. I just disagree with it.

Why? This is the main point of contention probably
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by wiegraf: 3:30pm On Apr 20, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. Actually I opened a thread, but only two atheists, kay17 and plaetton, out of the numerous intellectuals could rise to the challenge.

A brick wall would have given a better response. Really, silence would have been better than this, as you just demonstrated how utterly clueless you are.
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 20, 2013
alfaman2:

Maybe it was a mistake to ask you to use your own brain because your previous incivility is way better than this rubbish attempt at looking intelligent.

We are talking of the theory of the big bang and you are talking about blowing up a balloon.

No wonder the religious folks here label you the head of atheists in mockery of atheism. Don't take pride in that title because atheists here don't acknowledge you as a leader or worse, a spokesperson. From thread to thread, you show your ignorance. I have already once handed you a great humiliation when you started showing your abject ignorance on the subject of cloning. https://www.nairaland.com/954879/human-clones-souls

You are not obliged to comment on every thread. If you don't know the subject, shut up, read and learn.

lol.......lmao!!!

The difference between you and I, is that I acknowledged that I was wrong when I was clearly wrong on the cloning brouhaha.

Now, you are here arguing against mathematical models and assumptions based on observations of the universe. I showed you a basic way assumptions are used with mathematics but what did you do? You brought up the irrelevance of the cloning thread and me being some kind of leader of the atheists here.

Erm, why not address the analogy I used with the balloon directly? WTF does the cloning or being an atheist leader have to do with the fact that the big bang is based on mathematical models and assumpitons based on observations of the universe?
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 20, 2013
alfaman2:

Btw, there is nothing humiliating about that. You said and showed that I was wrong and I accepted it. I love being wrong and that is how I learn. For you to even go as far back as then to bring up such trivial stuff....gaddem...

Just look at your own foolishness on this thread. You can accept that you are wrong.

I have stated more than once that I have had failed threads. I am not perfect.
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by alfaman2: 4:33pm On Apr 20, 2013
wiegraf:

This is all repetiton bordering on LLLAALALALAA

Because, like i've already mentioned, there's no good reason to throw out existing laws of physics. And these 'dark' effects are real, observed in various scenarios.

Until you provide good reasons to toss out the laws, like einstein did when he proposed a framework which voided the concept of the aether, a framework which stood up to scrutiny, in which he explained quite a lot of hitherto observed but unexplained phenomena, made predictions that were confirmed, etc, do not expect whatever theory you're pushing to be aaccepted by the mainstream. Simple. This is very reasonable.

No one's stopping you from exploring other options, in fact, you'll get all the support that can be mustered for your cause, support which will depend on how sound your claims are. Your claims will be peer-reviewed, collaborators will assist, etc. But having the scientific community toss out established, verified laws virtually on whims? Really?

Of course there are no good reasons to throw away existing laws of physics except when it doesn't work, which is like, ehm, ALL THE TIME! But we won't throw them away. We will rather add a variable called "dark energy" to it in order to balance the equation. Ah! yes, we don't know what this dark energy we are adding is but it is either we add it or we throw away our laws. Remeber we have invested time (thousands of years) and money (trillions of any currency) on these laws so think carefully before deciding which one you chose.

Back to your challenge. I have provided my reasons why I doubt the bib bang theory. I am not providing an alternative. I am just like an atheist saying, your proof of god is not sufficient for me to believe for so so reasons and the religious fanatics claiming that their proof has passed all religious test, and unless the atheist would provide a proof of another deity (or something else), he has to accept their views.

wiegraf: An excellent example would be string theory, regardless of how fancy or beautiful it may be, it won't be accepted as mainstream until it passes a group of tests. It will not be accepted on more or else.....faith. Which is, frankly, what you, not me, are suggesting we do by disregarding established, confirmed physical laws before we've thoroughly explored them. Really, we should just make $hit up?

Can you hear how you sound? Disbelieving a theory is faith? shocked
Stop saying thing I didn't say. I never proposed an alternative to big bang. All I'm saying is that the existing proofs are not good enough.

wiegraf: Laws of motion waver in extreme conditions, eg on the quantum scale, high densities/temperatures, etc. But obviously, they are still physical laws of this universe, not another, just under certain conditions. And we've not even studied these extreme conditions properly, they might not be as unintuitive as initially thought. They will no doubt aid with our general understanding of the universe (eg the forces being the same at very high temps would help explain some of brain dead reyg's queries). Anyways, all things being equal we should stick to the standard laws, we should at least exhaust that option thoroughly before putting our full weight on others or assuming extreme conditions.

And, for the n'th time, other options are being explored.

No. Laws of motion become useless in extreme conditions. They are set aside and other laws are substituted. But I notice that you do agree with me that they don't work under certain conditions that have not been studied properly.

You are saying that we should stick to the standard laws even when the big bang theorist in attempting to explain their theory, disregarded those laws.

wiegraf: No, it cannot be both reasonable and incompetent, as far as their actions are concerned. This is simple logic, I don't think I could put it any simpler.

Your issue is with the scientific method therefore the whole scenario should be incompetent to you, not this bit then that bit.

I will drop this one as I see your point. But that doesn't invalidate what I said. It may still be reasonable and logical but it was wrong.

wiegraf: You will have to explain what this superior(?) system is

You are the one that asked about Occams razor. I am surprised that you should know about occam's razor but not know of its main chief opposer. Do your research.

wiegraf: This is wrong, if what is out there is true 'nothing' then there is no multiverse, just this one. Can't see why using the prefix 'multi' in that situation is justified.

If truly the universe is made up of a unique space and matter inside a nothingness, then the potentiality of other verses exist, which automatically puts us in a multiverse. Logical and reasonable.

wiegraf: You well know most humans think we popped out of nowhere ready made say 6000 years ago. So, who are 'we'?
Those that now think we popped out of an explosion 13.7 billion years ago.

wiegraf: Why? This is the main point of contention probably
At last you are getting it.
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by alfaman2: 5:15pm On Apr 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

Btw, there is nothing humiliating about that. You said and showed that I was wrong and I accepted it. I love being wrong and that is how I learn. For you to even go as far back as then to bring up such trivial stuff....gaddem...

Just look at your own foolishness on this thread. You can accept that you are wrong.

I have stated more than once that I have had failed threads. I am not perfect.

I can't accept that I am wrong because unlike you, I don't jump into threads I know nothing about and start showcasing my ignorance.
I explain my stance with arguments and it is up to others (you) to prove me wrong, if they (you) can.

Blown up balloons. Don't make me laugh.

I unearthed that thread just incase you don't know who you are dealing with and my latest moniker led you astray. It was also a good way of buttressing my point that you are an ignoramus.
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 20, 2013
alfaman2:

I can't accept that I am wrong because unlike you, I don't jump into threads I know nothing about and start showcasing my ignorance.
I explain my stance with arguments and it is up to others (you) to prove me wrong, if they (you) can.

Blown up balloons. Don't make me laugh.

I unearthed that thread just incase you don't know who you are dealing with and my latest moniker led you astray. It was also a good way of buttressing my point that you are an ignoramus.

Lol thanks.............now everyone can see who is arrogantly foolish between us.

Sensible people would understand the basic concept i explained with the balloons. Infantile and arrogant peeps like yourself will just laugh it off just because a balloon was used (rather than looking at the use of maths and assumptions to retrace an expanding body to an earlier time)

Enjoy the butthurt............ smiley

Still my pal though
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by wiegraf: 6:05pm On Apr 20, 2013
You have now dived head first into whargarbl senselesness.

alfaman2:

Of course there are no good reasons to throw away existing laws of physics except when it doesn't work, which is like, ehm, ALL THE TIME! But we won't throw them away. We will rather add a variable called "dark energy" to it in order to balance the equation. Ah! yes, we don't know what this dark energy we are adding is but it is either we add it or we throw away our laws. Remeber we have invested time (thousands of years) and money (trillions of any currency) on these laws so think carefully before deciding which one you chose.

It does not work all the time? When you were fumbling about earlier did you or did you not state that in some use cases it is accurate?

alfaman2:
Back to your challenge. I have provided my reasons why I doubt the bib bang theory. I am not providing an alternative. I am just like an atheist saying, your proof of god is not sufficient for me to believe for so so reasons and the religious fanatics claiming that their proof has passed all religious test, and unless the atheist would provide a proof of another deity (or something else), he has to accept their views.

No, you are providing an alternative. Not necessarily to the bb but definitely to the scientific method. Which you claim, directly or not, is unreasonable.

alfaman2:
Can you hear how you sound? Disbelieving a theory is faith? shocked
Stop saying thing I didn't say. I never proposed an alternative to big bang. All I'm saying is that the existing proofs are not good enough.

wiegraf:
Which is, frankly, what you, not me, are suggesting we do by disregarding established, confirmed physical laws before we've thoroughly explored them.

Brah, again, i never said you proposed an alternative theory, I said you're insisting we toss out the scientific method and adopt whatever it is you're pushing. That we abandon known physical laws just because, even though that would be going against the scientific method. A situation similar to you proposing we adopt another theory just because.

In case you're having problems understanding that, read that bit again

alfaman2:
No. Laws of motion become useless in extreme conditions. They are set aside and other laws are substituted. But I notice that you do agree with me that they don't work under certain conditions that have not been studied properly.

You just want to argue blindly with this

alfaman2:
You are saying that we should stick to the standard laws even when the big bang theorist in attempting to explain their theory, disregarded those laws.

What are you on about? What laws do they disregard?

alfaman2:
I will drop this one as I see your point. But that doesn't invalidate what I said. It may still be reasonable and logical but it was wrong.

It makes it senseless, and it strikes at the core of the issue. Even if bb is ultimately proven wrong and you're vindicated with that (note, I've not even been arguing with you over this) you have also accused the scientific community of being blatantly irresponsible. This is clearly, and very much so, wrong, as they are largely just following the scientific method. They have good reason for doing what they do, do you now understand?

You can say the bb doesn't make enough sense, no issues. But all the rhetoric about it being blatantly wrong, scientists (or whoever 'we' are) being irresponsible, etc, are clearly silly. Again, do you now understand?

Frankly, it is creating issues where there are non, unless you have a problem with the scientific method, see?

alfaman2:
You are the one that asked about Occams razor. I am surprised that you should know about occam's razor but not know of its main chief opposer. Do your research.

che. I didn't learn about occam's razor in secondary school sciences or something similar, it is not common knowledge. I am not a scientist sef, nor would most of the people on a forum labelled 'religion' be. I know of it because of simple curiosity. And occam's razor is just part of what is being examined, the whole scientific method is being put under the radar, so i am not even asking as with regards to occam's razor. You mentioned whatever you did as an alternative, superior(?) (and note the question mark, which was in the post you quoted as well, indicating you clarify) system without even explaining, in any form whatsoever how (simple links might even suffice), and expect us to just accept that?

This is downright childish, and I should know, I'm an expert on childishness

alfaman2:
If truly the universe is made up of a unique space and matter inside a nothingness, then the potentiality of other verses exist, which automatically puts us in a multiverse. Logical and reasonable.

You used the word yourself, 'unique'.

You would have to make various assumptions, eg that this event is not a one off, or that the unique event while not being so unique does not take place strictly sequentially, ie, only once at a time, etc, to support your assertion that this event can potentially occur elsewhere at anytime.

alfaman2:
Those that now think we popped out of an explosion 13.7 billion years ago.

No, they still think we popped out ready made 6000 years ago, and again, you well know that. Who are 'we' please?

alfaman2:
At last you are getting it.

No, at last you're getting it. I mentioned this a long time ago

wiegraf:
On a somewhat related note, this seems to be related to your issues with the scientific method. My response on that thread stillstands

Now, do tell pls, tell us this alternative and preferably dispense with the childishness if you can.

Edits, nothing major
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by alfaman2: 8:10pm On Apr 20, 2013
wiegraf: You have now dived head first into whargarbl senselesness.

No. It is not senseless if you actually take time to comprehend it but I guess with you everything has to be explained in minute details.

wiegraf: It does not work all the time? When you were fumbling about earlier did you or did you not state that in some use cases it is accurate?

I think we have handled this before but if you want to keep going back to it, I will just keep repeating what I said which is that being accurate in some cases does not mean being accurate in all cases.

wiegraf: No, you are providing an alternative. Not necessarily to the bb but definitely to the scientific method. Which you claim, directly or not, is unreasonable.

No, once again. I am not providing an alternative. I am only disputing the existing theory.

wiegraf: Brah, again, i never said you proposed an alternative theory, I said you're insisting we toss out the scientific method and adopt whatever it is you're pushing. That we abandon known physical laws just because, even though that would be going against the scientific method. A situation similar to you proposing we adopt another theory just because.

I am insisting you test and question the theories presented to you.

wiegraf: In case you're having problems understanding that, read that bit again

You just want to argue blindly with this

What are you on about? What laws do they disregard?

I'm not sure I quite understand what you mean here by blind argument.

Anyway, about the disregarded motion law, See my next post as per 1st laws of motion and cosmic inflation.

wiegraf: It makes it senseless, and it strikes at the core of the issue. Even if bb is ultimately proven wrong and you're vindicated with that (note, I've not even been arguing with you over this) you have also accused the scientific community of being blatantly irresponsible. This is clearly, and very much so, wrong, as they are largely just following the scientific method. They have good reason for doing what they do, do you now understand?

You can say the bb doesn't make enough sense, no issues. But all the rhetoric about it being blatantly wrong, scientists (or whoever 'we' are) being irresponsible, etc, are clearly silly. Again, do you now understand?

Frankly, it is creating issues where there are non, unless you have a problem with the scientific method, see?

Yes, I do have a problem with the method. They have a pick and chose method where they apply laws to validate their theories and disregard (or add new viariables to) these same laws when it contradicts them. That makes them irresponsible.

wiegraf: che. I didn't learn about occam's razor in secondary school sciences or something similar, it is not common knowledge. I am not a scientist sef, nor would most of the people on a forum labelled 'religion' be. I know of it because of simple curiosity. And occam's razor is just part of what is being examined, the whole scientific method is being put under the radar, so i am not even asking as with regards to occam's razor. You mentioned whatever you did as an alternative, superior(?) (and note the question mark, which was in the post you quoted as well, indicating you clarify) system without even explaining, in any form whatsoever how (simple links might even suffice), and expect us to just accept that?

Firstly, I never said it was superior. It is a criticism of occams razor by Walter Chatton. It is called the Chatton Principle and goes like this: Whenever an affirmative proposition is apt to be verified for actually existing things, if two things, howsoever they are present according to arrangement and duration, cannot suffice for the verification of the proposition while another thing is lacking, then one must posit that other thing.

And here is a good link: http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/walter-chatton/#AntRaz

wiegraf: This is downright childish, and I should know, I'm an expert on childishness

LOL. Maybe you should talk to Logicboy because I'm getting really tired of his shenanigans and I am no expert like you.cheesy

wiegraf: You used the word yourself, 'unique'.

You would have to make various assumptions, eg that this event is not a one off, or that the unique event while not being so unique does not take place strictly sequentially, ie, only once at a time, etc, to support your assertion that this event can potentially occur elsewhere at anytime.
Stop being pedantic. It's a bit childish.

wiegraf: No, they still think we popped out ready made 6000 years ago, and again, you well know that. Who are 'we' please?
"We" are humans that believe that we popped out of an explosion 13.7 billion years ago.

wiegraf: No, at last you're getting it. I mentioned this a long time ago

Now, do tell pls, tell us this alternative and preferably dispense with the childishness if you can.

Edits, nothing major

Na wa for you o! Which alternative again. I don't know how this world started and unlike the big bangers and the godly, I am not going to invent something to sound relevant.
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by alfaman2: 8:25pm On Apr 20, 2013
This one is for Area Boy who promised to clarify my problems with the Big Bang. And Wiegraf as well.

According to Big Bang theorists, after the initial explosion, the universe expanded at an enormous rate before decelerating. This expansion is what they termed cosmic inflation.

My question is simple. With reference to the first law of motion, what force decelerated the universe after inflation?
Re: Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense by wiegraf: 8:39pm On Apr 20, 2013
alfaman2:

No. It is not senseless if you actually take time to comprehend it but I guess with you everything has to be explained in minute details.

You have, and you have failed. I will try to wait for whatever else you've got though I really shouldn't be procrastinating

alfaman2:
I think we have handled this before but if you want to keep going back to it, I will just keep repeating what I said which is that being accurate in some cases does not mean being accurate in all cases.

Good, so it is not complete rubbish, yes?

alfaman2:
No, once again. I am not providing an alternative. I am only disputing the existing theory.

Yes, once again you are providing, or suggesting, an alternative methodology, as you're criticizing the scientific method as whole, not just BB. How many times do I have to repeat this?

alfaman2:
I am insisting you test and question the theories presented to you.

That's fine, no issues there. But this is not all you're implying. Again, THE RHETORIC is critical of the scientific method as a whole, not just the BB, that is my contention with you. Perhaps you should just address that.

alfaman2:
I'm not sure I quite understand what you mean here by blind argument.

You more or else repeated what I said, but just framed in a way to make it seem somewhat antagonistic

alfaman2:
Anyway, about the disregarded motion law, I will put it as a question to Area Boy in my next post as he said he could clarify my worries. You are also free to answer it. Just wait.

Cool

alfaman2:
Yes, I do have a problem with the method. They have a pick and chose method where they apply laws to validate their theories and disregard (or add new viariables to) these same laws when it contradicts them. That makes them irresponsible.

This right here is our problem.

alfaman2:
Firstly, I never said it was superior.

Which is why I added, and even highlighted, the question mark (?), see?

alfaman2:
It is a criticism of occams razor by Walter Chatton. It is called the Chatton Principle and goes like this: Whenever an affirmative proposition is apt to be verified for actually existing things, if two things, howsoever they are present according to arrangement and duration, cannot suffice for the verification of the proposition while another thing is lacking, then one must posit that other thing.

And here is a good link: http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/walter-chatton/#AntRaz

Cool. Thanks, I'll look it over.

alfaman2:
LOL. Maybe you should talk to Logicboy because I'm getting really tired of his shenanigans and I am no expert like you.cheesy

My seasoned, professional and expert opinion implicates you as the guilty party in this situation.

alfaman2:
Stop being pedantic. It's a bit childish.

Stop avoiding the issue by calling 'childish', was I or was I not correct?

And pedantry isn't childish btw. Sometimes needless, but not in this situation.

alfaman2:
"We" are humans that believe that we popped out of an explosion 13.7 billion years ago.

Good, better. So those who subscribe to BB or something similar I suppose. I just want to make sure you're not implying there's some sort of secret super organization bent on forcing BB down people throats for some nefarious agenda

alfaman2:
Na wa for you o! Which alternative again. I don't know how this world started and unlike the big bangers and the godly, I am not going to invent something to sound relevant.

You're purposely avoiding the issue. You know what alternative I speak of, you even provided a link, so why this? If you genuinely still don't understand my issue then I can only smh.

Anyways, I'll try to digest that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence / TB Joshua Edited Colorado Video Prophecy? / Interview With Sinach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 195
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.