Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

My Girlfriend Is Pregnant!: What Do I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Pregnant!: What Do I Do? (1643 Views)

Help!!! His Girlfriend Is Pregnant;what Should He Do? / How To Know If Your Girlfriend Is Cheating On You / Desperate To Get Pregnant: What Do I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Is Pregnant!: What Do I Do? by damola1: 12:57am On Apr 08, 2008
Thanks for the attention, not actually my own girlfriend, but my friend's. Hoped to get some advise here as he solicited mine.

Situation
He's not willing to get married but she wants to get married, but they have been dating for like 4years and they are both 24yrs old , both of them have agreed to keep the baby, the pregnancy is going to like 3-4months, but they are yet to announce to their  parents, both of them are students, only he's a part time job, and the two families also live just next door to each other.

Here's what he needs an advise for:

He's saved enough all these years for the future, and  thinks it might be best to move her out of the hostel to an apartment, and don't want her to stay back at home because he feels her parents will continue nagging plus being the talk of the town in their neighbourhood. also for convinience he's thinking of buying her a car for mobility and less risk for the baby before and after, she's born, mind you this stupid friend of mine still lives with his parents and doens't own a bicycle talkless of a car.

They haven't informed their parents because they feel their parents will make decisions for them since their parents will be taking care of the bill, he plans to tell them once he feels he has been man enough to put a roof over her head and give her a car, which gives some right over decisions.

The problem is this, he doesn't want to live with her for personal reasons.  They have a choice to choose between a mini flat or a 3 bedroom apartment for her to live in, he thinks the mini flat is OK because he feels too much space will cost more to maintain and attract more people (which might also include her sister and brother and mother) to stay there, thereby costing him more to maintain more mouths, but because there might be needs for friends and family to stay with her sometimes she prefers the 3 bedroom, and also privacy

Please note, she's a first class student in her 3rd year of school , plus she's a freelance journalist.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant!: What Do I Do? by jgirl3: 1:19am On Apr 08, 2008
Oh so none of them knew any of this before or what? He has to start getting ready to accept the consequences of his actions. He should settle the girl and then get ready to face their parents' decisions.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant!: What Do I Do? by damola1: 1:25am On Apr 08, 2008
When you say settle, you mean, get her a mini flat that will cost him less, or a 3 bedroom flat that will giver her more "comfort" + more space for others to chops, Please note, my friend is very very happy to becoming a father, (crazy guy), so he's more keen on seeing that the child gets the best indirectly through the mother.

Parents' decison?, he assumes they would have little or no say one he can manage his affairs,
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant!: What Do I Do? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:06am On Apr 08, 2008
Na wa ohh, your friend is one funny dude. he still lives with his parents, and he's talking of getting a flat and car for the girl.

Ok, fine. he can't get her all this stuffs to make her comfortable, but has he thought of the future, how is he gonna survive, trust me when a baby comes, lots of responsibilities come as well.

Tell them to inform their parents, so they can get help as well. cus its obvious they would really need it. yes the shouting and nagging would come, but they got to bear it because no one pushed them into doing it, so they have to bear the consequences.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant!: What Do I Do? by chobile(m): 6:09am On Apr 08, 2008
please keep the baby. do not try abortion because it is evil. try to accept it after all you are not the only person to get a girl pregnant out side marriage.

But guys, we should learn the habit of using condom and safe sex. Apply for child's support.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant!: What Do I Do? by damola1: 7:25am On Apr 08, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Na wa ohh, your friend is one funny dude. he still lives with his parents, and he's talking of getting a flat and car for the girl.

Ok, fine. he can't get her all this stuffs to make her comfortable, but has he thought of the future, how is he going to survive, trust me when a baby comes, lots of responsibilities come as well.

Tell them to inform their parents, so they can get help as well. cus its obvious they would really need it. yes the shouting and nagging would come, but they got to bear it because no one pushed them into doing it, so they have to bear the consequences.

Don't mind the crazy dude, them don put chewing gum for hin face, but backs up his claim by stating he's only trying to get control of the situation rather than have family take control, as he really intends to keep the baby.

He has got a good paying job, and doens't really expect support from anyone, cos both parents are not so buoyant.

Anyone got an advise on the apartment issue?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant!: What Do I Do? by outlaws(m): 8:17am On Apr 08, 2008
cool
What's up poster? You sound like the guy in question.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant!: What Do I Do? by damola1: 8:20am On Apr 08, 2008
yeah right, Dat one no be news,   got any other comments?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant!: What Do I Do? by sillyboy(m): 10:16am On Apr 08, 2008
@ Poster.

Your friend, his girlfriend and you are all stupid! angry

bunch of idiots with great sex drive.

I must add that sex is for smart people and great sex is for extra smart people. angry
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant!: What Do I Do? by ashe2(f): 10:59am On Apr 08, 2008
na wa oh u guys are still doing without? this kind mistake is costly wat if it was somethin else?well tell ur friend to shine her eyes which kind mumu love she de do?make dat guy no deceive her if she wan keep am make her mama know beta now dan later d whole tin is effed up!her parents dont know, the boy doesnt want her to come to her place and d most annoyin is she is a first class student?Tmrw now the boy wud say dat u forced me into dis marriage. but pardon me if i may ask?is your friend one eyed,obesed(2 Fat),scarred face with chipped nose and plenty stretch marks?if no she shud chill and think of all wat it would cost to her family,herself and future she shud bet with me dat wallahi she wont be able to stand the emotional fit.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant!: What Do I Do? by larekey(m): 11:15am On Apr 08, 2008
@poster
my advise to your friend concerning the apartment issue would be to go for the mini flat, like u rightly pointed out the 3 bedroom would just incur more expenses and let him not forget that wen the baby comes he is goin to have so much resposibilities wat with buying diapers and baby food the best thing would be the mini
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant!: What Do I Do? by damola1: 6:10pm On Apr 08, 2008
ok.

hope to receive more views
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant!: What Do I Do? by SweetT1: 6:42pm On Apr 08, 2008
@Damola

What do you do ? Go to the store, buy some baby cribs and other stuff and get ready for your bundle of joy. Don't you dare kill the baby. Your dumb @ss should have known that condom is still in on sales in the stores.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant!: What Do I Do? by bawomolo(m): 7:34pm On Apr 08, 2008
me thinks u are the so called friend.

What do you do ? Go to the store, buy some baby cribs and other stuff and get ready for your bundle of joy. Don't you dare kill the baby. Your dumb @ss should have known that condom is still in on sales in the stores.

bundle of joy or bundle of gbese?? what would u do if he terminates the baby.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant!: What Do I Do? by damola1: 9:25pm On Apr 08, 2008
@Damola

Ode osi!!, grin grin,
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant!: What Do I Do? by TheSly: 9:28pm On Apr 08, 2008
Damola1 phew!!!!!!!!!! grin

(1) (Reply)

Why Do The Good Girls Always Get The Bad Guys? / Master Mind In Lies / Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.