Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam - Islam for Muslims (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam (36727 Views)

3 Things You Love About Islam / Muslims Can I Ask You Some Questions? / Today's Muslims Can Never Obey Allah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (40) (Go Down)

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 12:57pm On May 04, 2013
Mintayo:

PAUL FALSE PROPHETS? NO
YOU PEOPLE HATES THE EPISTLE OF PAUL SO MUCH BECAUSE ITS VALIDATE THE SONSHIP OF JESUS AND EXPOSE THE LIES IN QURAN SO I AM NOT SURPRISED.
HIS EPISTLES ALSO WERE WRITTEN TO EVERYBODY...SHOULD I SHOW THE PARTS THAT EXPOSE YOUR LIES?

And here is the truth: Many of the books of the New Testament were written by people who lied about their identity, claiming to be a famous apostle — Peter, Paul or James — knowing full well they were someone else. In modern parlance, that is a lie, and a book written by someone who lies about his identity is a forgery.

Why would we be tempted to believe there’s truth underneath it all?

Returning to Ehrman’s piece:

It may be one of the greatest ironies of the Christian scriptures that some of them insist on truth, while telling a lie. For no author is truth more important than for the “Paul” of Ephesians. He refers to the gospel as “the word of truth” (1:13); he indicates that the “truth is in Jesus”; he tells his readers to “speak the truth” to their neighbors (4:24-25); and he instructs his readers to “fasten the belt of truth around your waist” (6:14). And yet he himself lied about who he was. He was not really Paul.

Let’s not sugar coat this.  The holy book approved by the church for the entire history of the church was written by a liar encouraging truthfulness. It’s a lie.  A bald faced lie.  Written by a liar

Bart D. Ehrman is the James A. Gray Distinguished Professor of Religious Studies at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, and the New York Times bestselling author of 'Misquoting Jesus' and 'Jesus, Interrupted'. His latest book, 'Forged: Writing in the Name of God -- Why the Bible's Authors Are Not Who We Think They Are', is now available from this below to buy it

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0062012614/ref=redir_mdp_mobile
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by zig2ryme04: 1:00pm On May 04, 2013
The time is almost here.
May you receive kindness and peace from the seven spirits before the throne of God. May kindness and peace be yours from Jesus Christ the faithful withness.
Jesus was the first to conquer death, and he is the ruler of all earthly kings.
Christ loves us,and by his blood he set us free from our sins. He lets us rule as kings and serve God his Father as priests. To him be glory and power forever and ever! Amen.
Look! He is coming with the clouds. Everyone will see him, even the ones who stuck a sword through him.
All people on earth will weep because of him.Yes! it will happen! Amen.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 1:11pm On May 04, 2013
zig2ryme04: The time is almost here.
May you receive kindness and peace from the seven spirits before the throne of God. May kindness and peace be yours from Jesus Christ the faithful withness.
Jesus was the first to conquer death, and he is the ruler of all earthly kings.
Christ loves us,and by his blood he set us free from our sins. He lets us rule as kings and serve God his Father as priests. To him be glory and power forever and ever! Amen.
Look! He is coming with the clouds. Everyone will see him, even the ones who stuck a sword through him.
All people on earth will weep because of him.Yes! it will happen! Amen.

NO POINT
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by bukatyne(f): 1:11pm On May 04, 2013
ayenny02:
ISLAM is arabic word which means surrender to d will of God, Those who practice religion of islam are called Muslim. Muslim is an arabic word and which means worshiper of none except Allah alone.

Also Allah is an Arabic word which means God, Supreme Being. In Hebrew language God means ELOHA but jews use plural form ELOHIM. It is not subject to plurality or gender. It is confusing to use the word God as many English-speaking Christian still consider Jesus as God, even the word creator is also confusing, as many christians still maintain that jesus had created the world.

If u can access to Arabic Bible that those christian arabs are using, you will see that God in that bible translate to Allah

Not only the name of Allah is strange, but also the way muslims worship Allah with ablution, bowing, kneeling, prostration and fasting is strange to non-muslim, but not strange to all prophets.

While ablution (washing of face, arms, feet and moistening of d hair) prior to worship is abandoned by modern christian, it is still required by muslim and previous prophets, as seen in the following passages of the Bible: Exodus 40:31-32
31 And Moses and Aaron and his sons washed their hands and their feet thereat:
32 When they went into the tent of the congregation, and when they came near unto the altar, they washed; as the Lord commanded Moses.

John 13:12-15
12 So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?
13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

Although Paul made many changes in jesus teaching, he was still faithful in respect to ablution(purification) as seen in Act 21:26;
26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

Muslim Women perform their prayer with their head covered as 1 cor 11:5, 6 and 13;
5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?

Muslims worship with bowing, kneeling, prostration and without shoes as done by previous Prophet;
Psalm 95:6
6 O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker.

Joshua 5:14
14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?

Nehemiah 8:4-6
4 And Ezra the scribe stood upon a pulpit of wood, which they had made for the purpose; and beside him stood Mattithiah, and Shema, and Anaiah, and Urijah, and Hilkiah, and Maaseiah, on his right hand; and on his left hand, Pedaiah, and Mishael, and Malchiah, and Hashum, and Hashbadana, Zechariah, and Meshullam.

5 And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people; (for he was above all the peoplewink and when he opened it, all the people stood up:

6 And Ezra blessed the Lord, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the Lord with their faces to the ground.

Matthew 4:10
10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

How can you prove the existence of pre-Mohammed Islam with the Bible?

Why not use the Koran to prove it?

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 1:19pm On May 04, 2013
bukatyne:

How can you prove the existence of pre-Mohammed Islam with the Bible?

Why not use the Koran to prove it?
Why can't you help me for that?
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by xtayle(m): 1:28pm On May 04, 2013
salt 1:

I am amused at claims of rapid conversion when I know that these converts are usually the down-and-outs of society who're already prone to violence. It's from Islam thread I first of convinced Muslims and Muslims by default. I'm persuaded that but for the compulsion element in the religion, the already inflated statistics would nose-dive. Attend any church and see how Muslims are converting to Christianity in their numbers.
That people are converting isn't enough justification to stick to a religion. You won't eat shit, will you? Just because millions of flies are doing so!

Mujaheed Dokubo Asari said he became muslim because islamic doctrines support the kind of mission he was embarking upon. Looks like a Militant finds enough comfort/support for his trade/career in islam.

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by zig2ryme04: 1:44pm On May 04, 2013
It needs to be clearly understood that when muslim leaders speak of God, as they did on tv saying that ''The quran is the literral embodment of God'', or that islam is ''the family of God'', and ''jihad is like all the comands of God'', that all statements apply only to their own god, ALLAH, THE MOON GOD.
THEY NEVER SPEAK FOR ''THE GOD AND FATHER OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST'', the ALMIGHTY, ETERNAL GOD, the ONLY GOD that all true cgristian worship.
It is important that Muslims undersatnd the clear distinction between God and Allah because if any might hope to eventually get to God's heaven of Peace and Bliss, without trustiong Jesus Christ, a terrible disapointment awaits them.
Read again the warning Jesus gave about being deceived as in Matt. 24:11,24. ''Many false prophets shall arise, and shall deceive MANY''.
Mohamed came 500years after Jesus had gone to Heaven.
Another thing that can be very deceiving for christians is the many similarities between ISLAM andCHRISTIANITY. Muslims believe in Jesus, but only as one prophet. They say he did not die on the cross, but without His atoning death and resurrecction from the dead, Christianity in only another religion with a set of rituals. Muslims believe in His vergin Birth , and in His Second Coming. It seems that Muhammad picked up much of the rituals of the type of Christianity around him, such as prayer beeds, specific times daily for ritual prayer, abstinence from certain meats at certain times, month of fasting from special foods, pilgrimages to shrines, Holy water from Mecca, etc. They also believe in the story of the assumption of Mary as well as the assumption of Fatima, Muhammad's daughter.
It can be very misleading for anyone who does not know the basis on which Christianity is founded.
The connection with Abraham is an area of common appeal, so this does need to be carefully considered . it is obvious in Islamic doctrine and practice that mohammad was well acquainted with the Jewish LAWS AND CUSTOM as practice by the jews amongst whom he lived.
MEAT LAWS, for example, slaying the animal, forbiding meats, fasting , hand washing, etc.
People generally, are influenced by the customs of the society in which they live, and in his search for truth, muhammad obviously was influenced by all these things.

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 1:51pm On May 04, 2013
zig2ryme04: It needs to be clearly understood that when muslim leaders speak of God, as they did on tv saying that ''The quran is the literral embodment of God'', or that islam is ''the family of God'', and ''jihad is like all the comands of God'', that all statements apply only to their own god, ALLAH, THE MOON GOD.
THEY NEVER SPEAK FOR ''THE GOD AND FATHER OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST'', the ALMIGHTY, ETERNAL GOD, the ONLY GOD that all true cgristian worship.
It is important that Muslims undersatnd the clear distinction between God and Allah because if any might hope to eventually get to God's heaven of Peace and Bliss, without trustiong Jesus Christ, a terrible disapointment awaits them.
Read again the warning Jesus gave about being deceived as in Matt. 24:11,24. ''Many false prophets shall arise, and shall deceive MANY''.
Another thing that can be very deceiving for christians is the many similarities between ISLAM andCHRISTIANITY. Muslims believe in Jesus, but only as one prophet. They say he did not die on the cross, but without His atoning death and resurrecction from the dead, Christianity in only another religion with a set of rituals. Muslims believe in His vergin Birth , and in His Second Coming. It seems that Muhammad picked up much of the rituals of the type of Christianity around him, such as prayer beeds, specific times daily for ritual prayer, abstinence from certain meats at certain times, month of fasting from special foods, pilgrimages to shrines, Holy water from Mecca, etc. They also believe in the story of the assumption of Mary as well as the assumption of Fatima, Muhammad's daughter.
It can be very misleading for anyone who does not know the basis on which Christianity is founded.
The connection with Abraham is an area of common appeal, so this does need to be carefully considered . it is obvious in Islamic doctrine and practice that mohammad was well acquainted with the Jewish LAWS AND CUSTOM as practice by the jews amongst whom he lived.
MEAT LAWS, for example, slaying the animal, forbiding meats, fasting , hand washing, etc.
People generally, are influenced by the customs of the society in which they live, and in his search for truth, muhammad obviously was influenced by all these things.
Story story story
Once upon a time, time time time
No authentic references to back ur statement

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Mintayo(m): 1:53pm On May 04, 2013
[quote author=ayenny02]

And here is the truth: Many of the books of the New Testament were written by people who lied about their identity, claiming to be a famous apostle — Peter, Paul or James — knowing full well they were someone else(THEY WERE SOMEBODY ELSE? AND WHO ARE THEY? TELL ME,MOHAMMED?). In modern parlance, that is a lie, and a book written by someone who lies about his identity is a forgery.(SHOW ME THE FORGERY)

It may be one of the greatest ironies of the Christian scriptures that some of them insist on truth, while telling a lie. For no author is truth more important than for the “Paul” of Ephesians. He refers to the gospel as “the word of truth” (1:13); he indicates that the “truth is in Jesus”; he tells his readers to “speak the truth” to their neighbors (4:24-25); and he instructs his readers to “fasten the belt of truth around your waist” (6:14). And yet he himself lied about who he was. He was not really Paul.(TELL ME WHO IS; IF HE IS NOT PAUL-I KNOW YOU HATE HIM SO MUCH,BECAUSE HIS EPISTLES EXPOSES THE LIES IN YOUR BOOK)

YOU HAVE NOT ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS AND UNTIL YOU DO,I WON'T ANSWER YOU AGAIN...YOU ARE JUST ROAMING A CIRCLE,YOU HAVE NOT PROOF ANYTHING ABOUT WHEN THE BIBLE WAS CORRUPTED,WHO CORRUPTD IT AND WHERE.

AND I HOPE U KNW UR ALLAH IS A DECIEVER TOO-HE CLAIMED TO DECIEVE CHRISTAIN IN BELIEVING IN THE BIBLE INSTEAD OF QURAN;AND HE WILL ALSO DECIEVE SOME PEOPLE TO HELL.
http://www.answering-islam.org/shamoun/allah-best deciever.htm

if yo study the epistle of Paul very well,you will see that in every first chapter of his letters,HE FIRST OF ALL INTRODUCE HIMSELF,E.G-
GAL 1.1
THIS LETTER IS FROM PAUL,AN APOSTLE.I WAS NOT APPOINTED BY ANY GROUP OF PEOPLE ANY HUMAN AUTHORITY,BUT BY JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF AND BY GOD THE FATHER,WHO RAISED JESUS FROM THE DEAD.
CHECK HIS OTHER LETTERs,YOU WILL SEE THAT THEY ALL MAKE REFERENCE TO JESUS-SO GET YOUR FACT RIGHT.
YOU PPL HATE PAUL AND OTHER APOSTLES OF JESUS LIKE PETER ETC, HIS EPISTLE,BECAUSE THEY EXPOSE YOUR LIES THAT WAS WHY MO DIDNT INCLUDE THEM IN HIS 'book of lies' called quran.

LET ME SHOW YOU ONE OF THEM
1 JOHN 2:22
AND WHO IS A LIE? ANYONE THAT SAY JESUS IS NOT CHRIST.ANYONE WHO DENIES THE SON AND THE FATHER(GOD) IS AN ANTICHRIST.

CHAPTER 4:3
BUT IF ANYONE CLAIMS TO BE A PROPHET AND DOES NOT ACKNOWLEGDE THE TRUTH ABOUT THE JESUS,THAT PERSON IS NOT FROM GOD.SUCH PERSON HAS THE SPIRIT OF THE ANTICHRIST(LYING SPIRIT),WHICH YOU HEARD IS COMING TO THE WORLD AND INDEED IS ALREADY HERE.(MO).
(NLT).
YOU SEE WHAT I AM SAYING NOW,YOU WILL NEVER FIND THAT YOUR 'PLAGARIZED' quran.

If you still want me to talk to you,then answer my questions up there,you have not done for almost 4 threads now,otherwise i dnt wana be like you(arguing blindly).

Anyway,Jesus love you,He is still waiting for you to come to Him.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by druid06(m): 1:59pm On May 04, 2013
@Ayenny02 is just enjoying the publicity. He has a moderate knowlede about the Bible and the Quran but when asked simple questions, he tries to twist it by bashing the Bible. Desika killed you. Till when you answer the questions correctly the questions Desika posed to you then I would always believe that Islam is a farce and so is other religion out there.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Mintayo(m): 2:10pm On May 04, 2013
zig2ryme04: It needs to be clearly understood that when muslim leaders speak of God, as they did on tv saying that ''The quran is the literral embodment of God'', or that islam is ''the family of God'', and ''jihad is like all the comands of God'', that all statements apply only to their own god, ALLAH, THE MOON GOD.
THEY NEVER SPEAK FOR ''THE GOD AND FATHER OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST'', the ALMIGHTY, ETERNAL GOD, the ONLY GOD that all true christian worship.

You are point jawe...
I can't stop thinking about these,and thank God i have found my answers in the Bible-the REAL WORD OF GOD NOT allah.

God sent Gabriel to Mary heralding the msg of Salvation through Jesus Christ...yet the same God will send the same angel to an 'epileptic prophet', (i doubt if they knw abt that) that It was a lie...HIS GOD THAT STUPID;NO(AND HE IS NOT HUMAN,THE WORK OF JESUS WAS COMPLETE AND ETERNAL).

SHALOM.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Mintayo(m): 2:12pm On May 04, 2013
druid06: @Ayenny02 is just enjoying the publicity. He has a moderate knowlede about the Bible and the Quran but when asked simple questions, he tries to twist it by bashing the Bible. Desika killed you. Till when you answer the questions correctly the questions Desika posed to you then I would always believe that Islam is a farce and so is other religion out there.

Not only Him,it is common to all of them...twisting and derailing.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by zig2ryme04: 2:18pm On May 04, 2013
AN IMPORTANT HISTORICAL SKETCH

God called Abraham from his own people in the East to the land of Cnaan, and made a covenant with him; '' I will give unto you and your seed... all the land of canaan for an everlasting possession''. (Genesis 17:cool
At that time Abraham had no family and Sarai, his wife, considered herself too old to have a baby, so to help in the fulfiment of God's promise, she told Abraham to take her Egyptian servant girl and have a son for Sarai, by the girl. Abraham heeded the suggestion, and Ishmael was born. However God didn't need her help , and it introduced division into Abraham's house which ha continued to this day.(Genesis 21)
Gods plan for bringing His knowledge and love to the whole world was through Sarah, ( her name changed from Sarai), and when she was far past child bearing age, when she was 90 and Abraham 100, God promised him a son hy her. God said '' you shall call his name ISAAC, and I WILL ESTABLISH MY COVENANT WITH HIM FOR ANEVERLASTING COVENANT, ANDD WITH HIS SEED AFTER HIM'', (Genesis 17) That covenant still stands, although at present many Jews dont believe in God, but a great day of awakening is coming, maybe sooner than we think.
Herein is the basic of the perpectual division between the muslims and the Isrealites, there can never be unity between the two, they believe in different GODS, and the God of Isreal will triunph in the end.
God also gavr special promises concerning Ishmael, ''But my COVENANT will i establish with Isaac'', (Gen 17:19)
It was through the line of Isaac that Jesus came, and in Him th e NEW COVENANT was introduced, bringing an end to the OLD COVENANT of animal sacrifices, and associated rituals.
Physically Abraham is the father of many nations but in relation to RELIGION, he is the father of only the HEBREW people, and the CHRISTIANS through their faith in JESUS CHRIST, who according to God's promise came through the line of ISAAC. God said ''In Isaac shall your seed be called''.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Mintayo(m): 2:32pm On May 04, 2013
ayenny02:
Why can't you help me for that?

another reason i cnt accept islam.

he cannot do that now(you will only find that in the hadiths writtten by mo's 'slaves')...you want the quran to expose Mo?
The Bible is so complete,it shows us pre-Jesus era,gave us what we shld be expecting during the time when Jesus our saviour will come-nothing that will happen in the NT to Jesus that did not happen as a shadow in the OT.
The Bible is a miracle,written by over 30 ppl inspired by God in different locations,over a period spanning more than 2000years,yet their is consistenc in their work despite the fact that they did not collaborate-such a miracle.
For instance,one difference between the Bible n the quran is the story of ishmael and Isaac.
Moh copied and change d name to ismael,the father of Arabs,but the Bible said it was Isaac(even the NT confirmed that);it was in the NT that we knew it dt it was nt just a story as moh mistook it to be(bcus it has a meaning,GOD knows what he was doing); just like Isaac was sacrificed by Abraham,that was how God will sacrifice his own son; Jesus-just like isaac carried his own cross(wood) up the mount moriah,that is how Jesus will carry His own cross(wood) up a mount(calvary). The bible is so consistent,not a story book of moral or (recitation for terrorists)-it is the life of Jesus-from the OT to the NT(the salvation which God has provided for the whole world).
Same thing goes for cain and abel too.

Jesus loves you.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 2:34pm On May 04, 2013
[quote author=Mintayo][/quote]
See how paul contradict jesus

Paul says:
1Cor.5
[7] For Christ, our paschal lamb, has been sacrificed.
Eph.5
[2] And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

Jesus says:
Matt.9
[13] Go and learn what this means, `I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.'

Salvation
According to Jesus:  The rich young ruler asked Jesus how he could find salvation. Jesus answered, "Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments ,  If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me." (Matt 19:16-21, Mark 10:17-21, Luke 18:18-22, KJV) In other words, obey Torah, and follow Jesus' examples.
According to Paul:  “That if you confess with your mouth Jesus {as} Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.” (Rom 10:9-10, NAS)
Which is it?  Obeying the commandments of G-d and following Jesus, or merely believing in Jesus’ resurrection and confessing him as Lord?

Eating meat sacrificed to idols
It’s okay to do so according to Paul (1 Corinthians 8 ).  But Jesus condemns the act, as well as those who teach folk to do so (Revelation 2:14, 20).
I've heard some try to resolve this by saying Jesus taught old covenant law because he lived under the law, but after his death and resurrection we are now under the new covenant.  If that's true, and he knew it would be true (and he should have known if he is G-d, right?) then why did he never mention this?  Why didn't he say to the young man, "For now, obey the commandments, but after I'm raised from the dead, keep your fortune and don't worry about the commandments, because you won't be required to keep them."?  He never said this to anyone, nor anything like this, not once in the three and one-half years he spent preaching, by both sermon and example, to live the Law given through Moses.

On the time of the coming of the Lord:
Paul says:
Rom.13
[12] the night is far gone, the day is at hand.
Jesus says:
Luke.21
[8] Take heed that you are not led astray; for many will come in my name,
saying, . . . `The time is at hand!' [/b]Do not go after them.

[b]On the God of the dead:
Paul says:
Rom.14
[9] For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.

Jesus says:
Luke.20
[38] Now he is not God of the dead, but of the living;

On the sum of the commandments:
Paul says:
Rom.13
[9] The commandments, "You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill, You shall not steal, You shall not covet," and any other commandment, [/b]are summed up in this sentence, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Jesus says:
Matt.22
[37] And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
[38] This is the great and first commandment.
[39] And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
[40] On these[b] two commandments [/b]depend all the law and the prophets.

[b]On forgiveness of trespasses:
Paul says:
Eph.1
[7] In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace
Rom.4
[25] who was[b] put to death [/b]for our trespasses and raised for our justification.

Jesus says:
Matt.6
[14] For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you;
[15] but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

On being justified:
Paul says:
Rom.3
[24] they are[b] justified by his grace [/b]as a gift, through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus,
[28] For we hold that a man is justified by faith [/b]apart from works of law.
Rom.5
[9] Since, therefore, we are now[b] justified by his blood, [/b]much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.

Jesus says:
Matt.12
[37] for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.

[b]On the basis of judgment:
Paul says:
Rom.2
[12] All who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law.

Jesus says:
John.12
[48] He who rejects me and does not receive my sayings has a judge; the word that I have spoken will be his judge on the last day.

On the commandments and eternal life:                    
Paul says:
Rom.7
[9] I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died;
[10] the very commandment which promised life proved to be death to me.

Jesus says:
Matt.19
[17] And he said to him, Why do you ask me about what is good? One there is who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments.

On the destiny of the Law and the Prophets:
Paul says:
Rom.10
[4] For Christ is the end of the law, that every one who has faith may be justified.

Jesus says:
Matt.5
[17] Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfil them.
[18] For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 2:42pm On May 04, 2013
Mintayo:

another reason i cnt accept islam.

he cannot do that now(you will only find that in the hadiths writtten by mo's 'slaves')...you want the quran to expose Mo?
The Bible is so complete,it shows us pre-Jesus era,gave us what we shld be expecting during the time when Jesus our saviour will come-nothing that will happen in the NT to Jesus that did not happen as a shadow in the OT.
The Bible is a miracle,written by over 30 ppl inspired by God in different locations,over a period spanning more than 2000years,yet their is consistenc in their work despite the fact that they did not collaborate-such a miracle.
For instance,one difference between the Bible n the quran is the story of ishmael and Isaac.
Moh copied and change d name to ismael,the father of Arabs,but the Bible said it was Isaac(even the NT confirmed that);it was in the NT that we knew it dt it was nt just a story as moh mistook it to be(bcus it has a meaning,GOD knows what he was doing); just like Isaac was sacrificed by Abraham,that was how God will sacrifice his own son; Jesus-just like isaac carried his own cross(wood) up the mount moriah,that is how Jesus will carry His own cross(wood) up a mount(calvary). The bible is so consistent,not a story book of moral or (recitation for terrorists)-it is the life of Jesus-from the OT to the NT(the salvation which God has provided for the whole world).
Same thing goes for cain and abel too.

Jesus loves you.

May be u forgot those contradiction in ur bible

ARE U SURE THAT THE BIBLE IS HOLY (YES or NO)

1a). 2 Samuel 24:1
24 And again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

1b). 1 Chronicles 21:1
21 And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

QUESTION------( is lord of david then satan)

2a). 2 Samuel 8:4
4 And David took from him a thousand chariots, and seven hundred horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen: and David houghed all the chariot horses, but reserved of them for an hundred chariots.

2b). 1 Chronicles 18:4
4 And David took from him a thousand chariots, and seven thousand horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen: David also houghed all the chariot horses, but reserved of them an hundred chariots.

QUESTION--(seven hundred OR seven thousand)

3a). 2 Samuel 10:18
18 And the Syrians fled before Israel; and David slew the men of seven hundred chariots of the Syrians, and forty thousand horsemen, and smote Shobach the captain of their host, who died there.

3b). 1 Chronicles 19:18
18 But the Syrians fled before Israel; and David slew of the Syrians seven thousand men which fought in chariots, and forty thousand footmen, and killed Shophach the captain of the host.

QUESTION--(seven hundred chariots OR seven thousand men? Forty thousand horsemen OR footmen? Shobach OR shophach)

4a). 2 Kings 8:26
26 Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Athaliah, the daughter of Omri king of Israel

4b). 2 Chronicles 22:2
2 Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Athaliah the daughter of Omri.

QUESTION---( twenty two OR forty two years)

5a). 2 Kings 24:8
8 Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. And his mother's name was Nehushta, the daughter of Elnathan of Jerusalem.

5b). 2 Chronicles 36:9
9 Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem: and he did that which was evil in the sight of the Lord.

QUESTION---(eighteen yrs OR eight yrs? Three mths OR three mths and ten days)

FROM NEW TESTAMENT

1a). John 5:37
37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

1b). John 14:9
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

2a). John 5:31
31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

2b). John 8:14
14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.

ARE U SURE THAT THE BIBLE IS HOLY (YES or NO)

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by sakaguchi(m): 2:45pm On May 04, 2013
Muslims can teach non-Mohameddans about Islam by explaining that there is a thin line between Islam and terrorism. That's a good way to start.

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by sakaguchi(m): 2:46pm On May 04, 2013
They can also explain that Mohammed slept with Aisha when she was 9 years old.

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by sakaguchi(m): 2:47pm On May 04, 2013
They can also say that Mohammed had 9 wives but he prohibited other Moslem from amassing more than four wives

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by sakaguchi(m): 2:48pm On May 04, 2013
And also that Mohammed married wives of his dead soldiers but forbade Moslems from marrying any of his wives after his death
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by sakaguchi(m): 2:50pm On May 04, 2013
And also that Mohammed married a woman who was taken in by his foster son. He could not allow his foster son enjoy his new marriage, he collected the wife on the basis that the boy had not slept with the girl in question
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by zig2ryme04: 2:50pm On May 04, 2013
THERE IS A DISTINCT DIFFRERENCE BETWEEN
1 The Christian's God, and the Muslim's God,
2 The Christian's Heaven and the Muslim's Heaven,
3 The two Roads to the final Destinies,
4 Between Jesus Christ and Muhammad.
5 And between the two beings called Gabriel.
It is obvious that Muhammad believed that spirit calld ALLAH was final authority, so that this day Muslims are taught that whatever happenns, for good or ill, it is the will of Allah. (They would normally say it is God's will, but keep in mind that this always means Allah).
It relieves the individual of any sense of guilt or responsibility for anything they do, even the most gruesome murders in the name oa Allah, even what they call HONOUR KILLINGS, so that a father slits his daughter's throat becaus she was friendly wit ha Christian boy. This is only one of many such killings in Britain and Europe.
In Muslim lands the people are held in fear by incidents. Fear is the driving force of Islam.
Whereas. LOVE and LIBERTY are the controlling power in true Christianity.
Hundreds of young men are encouraged to volunteer as SUICIDE BOMBERS on the false promise that 70 young virgins are waiting to welcome them into paradise so they can freely indulge their sex passion for eternity.
This is only a small sample of the CULTURE OF FEAR being developed everywhere, and it emphasizes the breadth of the gap between the followers of Allah and the followers of Jesus Christ.
Oh how we long to see the love of God filling the hearts and minds of these young people so that they could use their energies in helping the millions of suffering and starving in the world today, instead of planning to kill as many as possible.
Basically, all this is Allah's will, although many Muslims might not wholly agree with it, especially when it happens on their own people, as is happening in the world these days.
What Allah decides is their only hope for eternity, so that Muslim has no choice and no assurance of whether he will be in heaven or hell till, as a Muslim explained to me, Allah puts his good deeds and bad deeds in his scales after death, and on the basis of which is the heavier his destination is determined.
It seems that the believe tha Muhammad didnt have any peace because every time a Muslim mentions his name he adds ''peace be upon him''.
In this they express their concern that he has not entered into peace.
We never pray for peace on Jesus because He is THE PRINCE OF PEACE and the giver of perfect peace to thise who wholly trust in Him an their Savior and Lord, so that there is no need to pray for peace for those who die trusting in Jesus

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by sakaguchi(m): 2:52pm On May 04, 2013
Muslims can start by explaining that a sorcerer cast a spell on Mohammed meanwhile on seeing Jesus christ, evil spirit flee.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by sakaguchi(m): 2:53pm On May 04, 2013
They can also explain that Mohammed has killed and taken human life before.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by sakaguchi(m): 2:56pm On May 04, 2013
They can also explain that despite his stand that women should cloth themselves, his love for women is unsurpassed by any before him. He envisaged that heaven has virgins with breast as firm as melons. He also foresaw every muslim grinding 72 virgins in heaven.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by sakaguchi(m): 3:00pm On May 04, 2013
They can explain islam to non- moslem, by explaining how Mohammed allowed moslems to engage in contract marriage where a man is allowed to take a concubine if he travels to a distant land and the marriage is annulled after the man returns. Note: this practice that was allowed by mohammed has being prohibited in many middle-eastern country today. But what the h¤ll, Moh'd allowed it.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by sakaguchi(m): 3:02pm On May 04, 2013
After I get reply, I'll continue on what muslims can do to teach infidels more about islam. Assalam alaikum.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by olumidazz: 3:02pm On May 04, 2013
@ayeni your conclusions are unfounded and baseless, desika in the beginning of the thread has thorn your idolatory religion to its foundation and you have blabbed senselessly through out in its defence. Trivialising issues and merely saying desika is confused usually will not help when the burden of proof shifts to you, if you say you lack the intellect to disprove his facts then I will understand, I do not tolerate sentiments, I have followed this thread assiduous from start and you have not made any sense in d discuss, I am yet to see a muslem brother who will convince a rational mind on the need to convert to the religion of peace. U may abuse me if u want but for now am out of here and I go with desika who has decimated your idol religion for which you have since failed to disprove. Cheers!!!.

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by zig2ryme04: 3:18pm On May 04, 2013
DIFFERENT BETWEEN THE CHRISTIAN'S GOD AND THE MUSLIM'S GOD.
There is no connection whatsoeverbetween the two.
The God that Christians worship is the one and only Eternal God who is ''From Everlasting to Everlasting''; He is the CREATOR ,not only of this earth and everything in it, but of the universes stretching out into infinity.
He is the SOLE AUTHORITY, and He has no equal.
You can reject God and His Word, but that doesnt alter ther truth, and anly adds to your own eternal loss.
WHAT IS GOS'S NAME? When Moses asked this question at the burning bush, the answer God gave his was, ''I AM THAT I AM''. (Exodus 3:13,14).
A name indicating the unsearchableness of God''. (Young). This name covers and includes every other name by which different attributes of GOD are named in the Bible. For example: The Hebrew word for God in Genesis 1:1 is ELOHIM, and is thus used over 2500 times in the Old Testament. It is a PLURAL word as expressed in Gen. 1:26, ''God said let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness''.
This is repeated in Gen. 3:22 '' The Lord God said, the man is become as ONE OF US''. (note, the relationship between man and God was distance after ADAM fell in the garden)
This is clearly defined all through the Bible, especially in the New Testament, as FATHER, SON, and HOLY SPIRIT, three individuals in the GODHEAD: ONE GOD in all His operations.
Because they cannot accept the truth of the WORD OF GOD in the Bible, Muslim leaders teach from this that Christians worship three gods. Even man himself is a three-fold being, as is clearly stated by Apostle Paul in 1Thessalonians:5:23
I insert it here in hope that it may cause some to think and not just accept the doctrines of men.
Jesus used this same name, ''I AM''.
Another name given 6,855 times in the Hebrew Bible is YHVH, pronounced YHWH. In English Bibles this name is written LORD.
JEHOVAH is another word often used in translating an original Hebrew name for God.
The word ''ALLAH'' has no connection in all this and has no relationship with the GREAT ''I AM''

SO WHO WAS ALLAH?...
I will explain on my next post...

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by RealSleek(m): 3:33pm On May 04, 2013
talk2me006:

read LUKE 19:27

I ve reading thru dis interesting thread and I noticed ow our muslim bros are conveniently avoiding some questns but dis one right here is called "reading out of context"...ok?...Jesus was actually speaking a parable here..
Next time u read a verse or ur imam quote a verse trying to validate his beliefs....try and check it out urself,!!!! read from d beginning too..jst press d verse on google and u will gt it
SHALOM
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Mintayo(m): 3:41pm On May 04, 2013
zig2ryme04: THERE IS A DISTINCT DIFFRERENCE BETWEEN
1 The Christian's God, and the Muslim's God,
2 The Christian's Heaven and the Muslim's Heaven,
3 The two Roads to the final Destinies,
4 Between Jesus Christ and Muhammad.
5 And between the two beings called Gabriel.
It is obvious that Muhammad believed that spirit calld ALLAH was final authority, so that this day Muslims are taught that whatever happenns, for good or ill, it is the will of Allah. (They would normally say it is God's will, but keep in mind that this always means Allah).
It relieves the individual of any sense of guilt or responsibility for anything they do, even the most gruesome murders in the name oa Allah, even what they call HONOUR KILLINGS, so that a father slits his daughter's throat becaus she was friendly wit ha Christian boy. This is only one of many such killings in Britain and Europe.
In Muslim lands the people are held in fear by incidents. Fear is the driving force of Islam.
Whereas. LOVE and LIBERTY are the controlling power in true Christianity.
Hundreds of young men are encouraged to volunteer as SUICIDE BOMBERS on the false promise that 70 young virgins are waiting to welcome them into paradise so they can freely indulge their sex passion for eternity.
This is only a small sample of the CULTURE OF FEAR being developed everywhere, and it emphasizes the breadth of the gap between the followers of Allah and the followers of Jesus Christ.
Oh how we long to see the love of God filling the hearts and minds of these young people so that they could use their energies in helping the millions of suffering and starving in the world today, instead of planning to kill as many as possible.
Basically, all this is Allah's will, although many Muslims might not wholly agree with it, especially when it happens on their own people, as is happening in the world these days.
What Allah decides is their only hope for eternity, so that Muslim has no choice and no assurance of whether he will be in heaven or hell till, as a Muslim explained to me, Allah puts his good deeds and bad deeds in his scales after death, and on the basis of which is the heavier his destination is determined.
It seems that the believe tha Muhammad didnt have any peace because every time a Muslim mentions his name he adds ''peace be upon him''.
In this they express their concern that he has not entered into peace.
We never pray for peace on Jesus because He is THE PRINCE OF PEACE and the giver of perfect peace to thise who wholly trust in Him an their Savior and Lord, so that there is no need to pray for peace for those who die trusting in Jesus

He is the PRINCE OF PEACE,THE FIRST AND THE,THE BEGINING AND THE END.

''Mohammed said,''by allah,though i am an apostle of allah,yet i do not know what allah will do to me''.
(hadith vol 5,no 266).
No wonder they pray for him earnestly that allah shld pray for him and have mercy on him.
Unlike Lord Jesus who knows where he came from and where He is going-
1. ''Don't let your heart be troubled,trust in God and trust in me.
2. Ther is more than enough room in my father's home.if this were not so,would i have told you that i am going to prepare a place for you?
(John14:1-2)NLT.

3. And this is the way to eternal life-to know you,the only true God and Jesus christ,the one you sent to earth.(John 17:3)NLT.

Jesus is the only way.

Most of this mohamedans don't even know whether they will make heaven or not; since it is only allah that will determine whether their deed is good or not.

Jesus is the only way.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by alexis(m): 4:01pm On May 04, 2013
ayenny02:

God said in Quran that all the prophet from God were all muslims and nobody here in this forum says anything against what Quran said.

If you have anyting to butress the proof that all the prophet were not muslim, BRING UR PROOF THAT ALL THE PROPHET WERE CHRISTIAN OR JEW

I can bring PROOF that your Quran gave 3 different accounts on who was the first muslim. It wasn't even sure who was the first. The Bible never claimed all prophets were Jews or Christians mate. For example, Abraham wasn't a Jew, there were no Jewish people at his time. But Moses, Joshua, Isaiah, Elijah, David and even Jesus were Jews. Adam was the first man, he had no religion but he had a relationship with God - he was neither jew, christian nor muslim but your Quran claimed he was Muslim. How can be a muslim if there was no Quran to read then or say "There is no God but Allah and Mohammed is his prophet".

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (40)

Is Applying Of Relaxer A Sin In Islam? / Ogun Prophet & His Sons Convert To Islam, Cut Off Their Dreadlocks (Photos) / Dangote Sultan Adamawa Converts British Woman, Delgado To Islam (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.