Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam (36730 Views)

3 Things You Love About Islam / Muslims Can I Ask You Some Questions? / Today's Muslims Can Never Obey Allah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Go Down)

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 7:35am On May 04, 2013
Proffdada:

Same reason i tear newspapera
I don't have time for u pls defend this verses for me

Another way to teach non muslim about islam is that Quran was from God while other books was full of contradiction.
HERE BELOW ARE MY PROOF TO CALL UR BIBLE UNHOLY:

ARE U SURE THAT THE BIBLE IS HOLY (YES or NO)

1a). 2 Samuel 24:1
24 And again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

1b). 1 Chronicles 21:1
21 And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

QUESTION------( is lord of david then satan)

2a). 2 Samuel 8:4
4 And David took from him a thousand chariots, and seven hundred horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen: and David houghed all the chariot horses, but reserved of them for an hundred chariots.

2b). 1 Chronicles 18:4
4 And David took from him a thousand chariots, and seven thousand horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen: David also houghed all the chariot horses, but reserved of them an hundred chariots.

QUESTION--(seven hundred OR seven thousand)

3a). 2 Samuel 10:18
18 And the Syrians fled before Israel; and David slew the men of seven hundred chariots of the Syrians, and forty thousand horsemen, and smote Shobach the captain of their host, who died there.

3b). 1 Chronicles 19:18
18 But the Syrians fled before Israel; and David slew of the Syrians seven thousand men which fought in chariots, and forty thousand footmen, and killed Shophach the captain of the host.

QUESTION--(seven hundred chariots OR seven thousand men? Forty thousand horsemen OR footmen? Shobach OR shophach)

4a). 2 Kings 8:26
26 Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Athaliah, the daughter of Omri king of Israel

4b). 2 Chronicles 22:2
2 Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Athaliah the daughter of Omri.

QUESTION---( twenty two OR forty two years)

5a). 2 Kings 24:8
8 Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. And his mother's name was Nehushta, the daughter of Elnathan of Jerusalem.

5b). 2 Chronicles 36:9
9 Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem: and he did that which was evil in the sight of the Lord.

QUESTION---(eighteen yrs OR eight yrs? Three mths OR three mths and ten days)

FROM NEW TESTAMENT

1a). John 5:37
37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

1b). John 14:9
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

2a). John 5:31
31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

2b). John 8:14
14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 7:38am On May 04, 2013
Obiagu1:

Christians means followers of Christ.
Now tell me which of those verses is in the New Testament?
Explain these verses to me
Another way to teach non muslim about islam is that Quran was from God while other books was full of contradiction.

24 And again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

4 And David took from him a thousand chariots, and seven hundred horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen: and David houghed all the chariot horses, but reserved of them for an hundred chariots.

4 And David took from him a thousand chariots, and seven thousand horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen: David also houghed all the chariot horses, but reserved of them an hundred chariots.

18 And the Syrians fled before Israel; and David slew the men of seven hundred chariots of the Syrians, and forty thousand horsemen, and smote Shobach the captain of their host, who died there.

18 But the Syrians fled before Israel; and David slew of the Syrians seven thousand men which fought in chariots, and forty thousand footmen, and killed Shophach the captain of the host.

QUESTION--(seven hundred chariots OR seven thousand men? Forty thousand horsemen OR footmen? Shobach OR shophach)

26 Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Athaliah, the daughter of Omri king of Israel

2 Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Athaliah the daughter of Omri.

8 Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. And his mother's name was Nehushta, the daughter of Elnathan of Jerusalem.

9 Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem: and he did that which was evil in the sight of the Lord.

FROM NEW TESTAMENT

37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 7:48am On May 04, 2013
ifeness:

I do not have a religion, I am happy to be free from any form of religion. According to an earlier comment of yours,Allah is musculine,which sounds wierd. As far as i am concerned,God is a state or level of concsiousness not a finite being. Therefore,Allah is finite and demands worship. God mind is all Love and true love doesnt demand worship.you do not fight for it neither does it inspire a book.

The word Islam is derived from the Arabic verb aslama, which means to accept, surrender, or submit. Thus, a follower of Islam must agree to be a simple puppet submitting to whatever he is being told, from his clerics or holy books. The problem becomes clear when the holy book is authored by an individual that can only be described as: an oppressive warlord, murderer, bigot and a pedophile. You don’t need to be smart to understand that you have found the perfect prescription for pain chaos and suffering. I hear muslim claim Boko haram are not following the Quran ...but aint there scriptures backing them up?

Am not here for story of tortoise and his wife. Prove urself with Authoritative references because u are nothing to me. All ur FATHER, BOSS, SCHLARs etc like (CHARLES HAMILTON, RICHARD BELL, MAX WEBER, KENNETH CRAGG, M M M MULOKOZI and the ress) have anything to say or agaimnst ISLAM talkless of you that don't have anything in ur head
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by frederal(m): 7:57am On May 04, 2013
Between Christains and muslim, which has capacity to wipe out or conquer the other? My is Arab dependent on U.S for protection? Why has most scientific discoveries been done by Christains? When u say kill kill, just know you will be the one to die. When I look @ this ur religion, I wonder. Look at northern part of Nigeria which had ruled Nigeria for 38 years, if you go there, all you see is poverty and hunger. Why can't they help their masses; they like them in that state so they could be a tool for carrying out senseless acts. And again, u notice that these people of dt religion, are lazy: the rich ones there, stole Nigeria money, and others just wake up and sit down in their houses waiting for allocation to come to LGA. Look @ our nation in their hands for so many years, u can judge d religion by yourself. The truth is apart from trying to dig into d history of these religions to know if they are genuine, u can use ur common sense: God is a creative being and a progressive being too, who according to the bible, " d street of heaven is made of gold. " So why have the people worshipping God through Islam bring BACKWARDNESS, DIVISION AND DESTRUCTION. U want a islamic nation, according to BOKO, while not agitate for secession of northern Nigeria, and u can have ur islamic nation.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by lanrexlan(m): 8:03am On May 04, 2013
alexis:

That's what you all say when the Quran is put under a micro-scope. I have been called a liar, stupi.d., void of truth because I said the Allah of the Quran and God in the Bible are different.

For you guys to debate and present FACTS & EVIDENCE, you result to personal attacks. Whenever "certain" "touchy" Islmic subject is brought up and you folks can't debate rationally - you start attacking the person.

None of you have provided an AUTHORITATIVE answer to DeSika post. For example: It is in the Quran that:

1. Moses was the first Muslim
2. Muhammed was the first Muslim
3. Adam was the first Muslim

How can one source give 3 DIFFERENT accounts. How can God ALMIGHTY give 3 different accounts on who was the first muslim?
Thank you brother for your comment.You don't even give the quotations the word used in the quran was 'Mumineen' meaning 'a believer'.And if we analyse every prophet is the first believer to the people they were sent to,why? Because they will be the first person to believe in the oneness of ALLAH before spreading the message to the people,so none can call himself a believer before his prophet because the prophet will be the first to believe,ALLAH communicate with prophets on a higher level than other humans.So the quran saying moses(pbuh) was the first believer or adam(pbuh) was the first believer or muhammed(pbuh) was the first believer is not wrong at all,if you don't understand the quran,that doesn't mean the quran is wrong,hope that answers your question.To your second approach,you said ALLAH in the quran isn't the same with God in the bible,i may agree with you on this for the sake of argument because some ill-befitting attributes were given to God in the bible,I will give you a few examples.
(1)Imagine,God being wrestled and beaten by a man?!(genesis 32;24-30).
(2)A hissing God?!(Isaiah 5;26,7;cool.
(3)A roaring God?!(Isaiah 42;13,jeremiah 25;30)
(4)A barber God?!(Isaiah 7;20)
(5)God murdered 50,070 people for looking into a box?!(samuel 6;19)
I can go on and on to produce absurdities about God in the bible,but the quran didn't give ill-befitting attributes to ALLAH.We have 99 beautiful names of ALLAH like An-Nur(the light),As-sabur(the patient one) and So on.Go study islam,don't study muslims or what media is propagating about islam..Peace brother.

2 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Nobody: 8:08am On May 04, 2013
ayenny02:

quran2:190-194
190: Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors.

191: And kill them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for persecution and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, kill them. Such is the reward of those who reject faith.

192: But if they cease, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

193:And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God; but if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression.

194:The prohibited month, for the prohibited month, and so for all things prohibited, there is the law of equality. If then any one transgresses the prohibition against you, transgress ye likewise against him. But fear (the punishment of) God, and know that God is with those who restrain themselves.

These verse were revealed at a time when Muslims of Madinah were under constant attack from the Pagans of Makkans. Some of example would be when the Makkans conducted the public crucifixion of the companion of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), Khubaib bin Adi. These would be classified as ‘terrorist activities’ according to the modern usage of the term.

So what does this verse say in this context? “Fight in the cause of God those who fight you”, “unless they (first) fight you there” - the context of this verse applies to those who initiate the attack against Muslims.

And even after they attack, the verse makes it clear: “But if they cease, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” And it also makes clear the purpose for what Muslims fight: “fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God”. It is the duty of Muslims to defend humanity from oppression and persecution and to establish justice.

The Qur'an says to be kind and fair with non-Muslims who are at peace with us.
It is only the ones who attack us that we are to fight back against

Historically, fighting back against the aggressors was prohibited during the thirteen years of the Meccan period. After the migration to Medina and the establishment of the Islamic state, Muslims were concerned with how to defend themselves against aggression from their enemies. The aforementioned verses were revealed to enable them to protect the newly formed state by fighting in self-defence against those who fought them. However, the Qur’an clearly prohibits aggression.

The verses explain that fighting is only for self-defence. Thus, a Muslim cannot commit aggression and kill innocent men, women, children, the sick, the elderly, monks, priests, or those who do not wish to fight. A Muslim is also mandated not to destroy plant life of livestock

GOD IS ALL KNOWER, ALL WISE
So that justified the bombing of the twin tawer, killing of UN OFFICIAL building at abuja, showing video of beheaded unbelievers in YouTube in name of allah. Slicing innocent throat.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 8:12am On May 04, 2013
ifeness:

I do not have a religion, I am happy to be free from any form of religion. According to an earlier comment of yours,Allah is musculine,which sounds wierd. As far as i am concerned,God is a state or level of concsiousness not a finite being. Therefore,Allah is finite and demands worship. God mind is all Love and true love doesnt demand worship.you do not fight for it neither does it inspire a book.

The word Islam is derived from the Arabic verb aslama, which means to accept, surrender, or submit. Thus, a follower of Islam must agree to be a simple puppet submitting to whatever he is being told, from his clerics or holy books. The problem becomes clear when the holy book is authored by an individual that can only be described as: an oppressive warlord, murderer, bigot and a pedophile. You don’t need to be smart to understand that you have found the perfect prescription for pain chaos and suffering. I hear muslim claim Boko haram are not following the Quran ...but aint there scriptures backing them up?

Let me remind u again those people that u said u followed, go and read their saying abt islam let me give ur some of their names I know u don't know them becos u are still a small rat in ur thinking

Napolean Bonaparte

George Bernard Shaw

Bertrand Russel

H.G. Wells

William Draper

Edward Montet

Thomas Carlyle

Simon Ockley

Phillip Hitti

Carra de Vaux

Marcel Clerget

Thomas Arnold

Michael the Elder (Great)

James Addison

M. M. Pickthall

John Bagot Glubb

Prof. Keith L. Moore Professor Emeritus, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology,
University of Toronto. Distinguished embryologist and the author of several medical
textbooks, including Clinically Oriented Anatomy (3rd Edition) and The Developing
Human (5th Edition, with T.V.N. Persaud).

Prof. E. Marshall Johnson Professor and Chairman of the Department of Anatomy
and Developmental Biology, and Director of the Daniel Baugh Institute,
Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.

Prof. T.V.N. Persaud Professor of Anatomy, and Professor 
of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Manitoba, 
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

Prof. Joe Leigh Simpson Professor and Chairman of the 
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Baylor College  of Medicine, Houston,Texas, USA.

Prof. Gerald C. Goeringer Professor and Co-ordinator of 
Medical Embryology in the Department of Cell Biology, 
School of Medicine, Georgetown University,  USA.

Prof. Tejatat Tejasen Chairman of the Department of Anatomy
and is the former Dean of the faculty of Medicine,
University of Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai, Thailand.

Dr. Maurice Bucaille Born in 1920, former chief of the Surgical Clinic,
University of Paris, has for a long time deeply interested in the
correspondences between the teachings of the Holy Scriptures and modern secular knowledge.

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by bankyman(m): 8:17am On May 04, 2013
Islam is the total submission to the will of Allah. Call them puppets or not, its your opinion. So many things have gone on on this thread so let me just say this to Desika: There was a religion during the time of Abraham which was a precursor to Islam (wether you choose to believe or not). It isn't Islam but on the same part. In Mecca pre Islam, people had followed Abraham's religions as it metamorphosed from one form to another with advent of one prophet to the next (by metamorphosed i mean knotty issues being trashed out by addition or scrapping of its elements) till they deviated from this religion. All the acts performed by this idolators where actually a deviation from the true religion to suit the whims of the silent whisperer shaytan the accursed. Mohammed (SAW) came and changed the way the religion was practised by returning some acts to its original form and also added other acts to it. The religion of Ibrahim as i have said earlier was a precursor to ISLAM. Your issues will be answered as is.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by LordElNou: 8:19am On May 04, 2013
ayenny02: The statement is not true at all based on four cogent points as below
Point one: Abdullah is a son of Abdul-muttolid, Abdul-l-Muttolib is a son of Haashim. Haashim is a son of Abdul-l-Munaaf. Abdul-l-Munaaf is a son Qusoyy. If it is automatic that every name attached to the prefix "Abdul" denotes an idol or god being worshipped by the concerned family, then Muttolib shall be the name of god that his father, Haashim worshipped. Also, if it is authentic that every name attached to the prefix "Abdul" denotes an idol or god worshipped by the concerned family, then Manaf shall be the name of god that is father, Qasayy worshipped. Neither Muttolib nor Manaf was a god of the arabs. So, whenever a compound name is made up of "Abdul" and another noun, it is either in sense of a worshipper and what or Who being worshipped, or in the senses of ther thing, as in the case of abdul-muttolib and Abdul-Manaaf. But the case Abdul-muttolib naming his son Abdul-llah has ni authoritative reference which indicates that Abdul-Muttolib named his son Abdul-llah because he worshipped Allah, true God.
Neither Abdul-l-Muttalib nor Abdul-llah worship Allah. Let us now know more abt how abdul-muttolid was named that compound noun, as in reference of Ar-Rashheq Al-Makhum (The sealed Nectar) vol 1, pages 51-52:

His father was Hāshim ibn `Abd Manāf and his mother was Salmah bint `Amr from the Banū Najjār tribe in Yathrib (later called, Madinah). On his father's side he belonged to the distinguished Banū Hāshim clan, a subgroup of the Quraish tribe of Makkah which traced their genealogy to Ismā'īl and Ibrāhīm. His father died while doing business in Gaza, before he was born.

He was given the name "Shaybah" meaning 'the ancient one' or 'white-haired' for the streak of white through his jet-black hair

After his father's death he was raised in Yathrib with his mother and her family until about the age of eight, when his uncle Muttolib went to see him and asked his mother Salmah bint `Amr to entrust Shaybah to his care. Salmah was unwilling to let her son go and Shaybah refused to leave his mother without her consent.

Upon first arriving in Makkah, the people assumed the unknown child was Muttalib's slave, giving him the name `Abdu'l-Muttalib (slave of Muttalib). When Muttalib died, Shaybah succeeded him as the chief of the Banū Hāshim clan.

Can you see why Arabs called Shaebah, Abdul-Muttalib; they thought he was a slave purchased by Al-Muttolib, not that Muttolid is a god or idol. Any contrary view is therefore null and void.
you lie! "Abdul" means servant or slave
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 8:21am On May 04, 2013
frederal: Between Christains and muslim, which has capacity to wipe out or conquer the other? My is Arab dependent on U.S for protection? Why has most scientific discoveries been done by Christains? When u say kill kill, just know you will be the one to die. When I look @ this ur religion, I wonder. Look at northern part of Nigeria which had ruled Nigeria for 38 years, if you go there, all you see is poverty and hunger. Why can't they help their masses; they like them in that state so they could be a tool for carrying out senseless acts. And again, u notice that these people of dt religion, are lazy: the rich ones there, stole Nigeria money, and others just wake up and sit down in their houses waiting for allocation to come to LGA. Look @ our nation in their hands for so many years, u can judge d religion by yourself. The truth is apart from trying to dig into d history of these religions to know if they are genuine, u can use ur common sense: God is a creative being and a progressive being too, who according to the bible, " d street of heaven is made of gold. " So why have the people worshipping God through Islam bring BACKWARDNESS, DIVISION AND DESTRUCTION. U want a islamic nation, according to BOKO, while not agitate for secession of northern Nigeria, and u can have ur islamic nation.

MAN you lack authoritative references
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 8:22am On May 04, 2013
LordElNou: you lie! "Abdul" means servant or slave
Meaning?
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Mintayo(m): 8:32am On May 04, 2013
ayenny02:
I don't need sorry MAN, please explain those above verses to me and bring any contradiction in Quran if you can?

this is what you guys no how to do best,just answer the questions i ask you-i will repeat them again;you said the Bible was corrupted?
-why do u quote from it to validate the quran?
-do u knw that mohammed told his followers to 'read' the Bible(ppl of the book)if they don't understand the quran,hence you guys are sinning by speaking against the Bible bcus ur allah also said he is the author of the sciptures of the xtain and jews(even tho its a lie).
Now the big questions:
who corrupted the Bible?
When was the Bible corrupted?
How was it corrupted?

(we christain don't need the quran to validate the Bible)
Which part of the Bible was corrupted? (i will guess you will say the part MO did not copy)
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 8:35am On May 04, 2013
sam4xadams:
So that justified the bombing of the twin tawer, killing of UN OFFICIAL building at abuja, showing video of beheaded unbelievers in YouTube in name of allah. Slicing innocent throat.
You don't have point, let me ask u a question and I want to answer me with clear mind.

Have u ever committed any sin in ur life since u have reached the age of puberty?
I believed ur answer will be NO or YES

So if u have committed some sin b4, can u justify it that, it is your religion promote it, NO

Can we justify what OBASANJO did to people of ODI was promoted by his religion, NO

Can we justify the politician who steal our money were promoted by their religion? NO

Therefore, if that is d case, why are justifying muslims who committed any sin to his religion. Nobody is perfect except God. I believe that if I continue to expatiate more you will still continue to have bad mind to islam.

Almighty says:’’And if ye are in doubt as to what We have revealed from time to time to Our  servant, then produce a Sura like thereunto; and call your witnesses or helpers (If  there are any) besides God, if your (doubts) are true. But if ye cannot- and of a surety ye cannot- then fear the Fire whose fuel is men and stones,- which is prepared for those who reject Faith.’’ (Al-Baqara –the Cow-: 23-24)

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by shadys(f): 8:41am On May 04, 2013
I have only one conclusion from all d responses.

The bible has records of everything from creation to after death of Christ. No record about Prophet Muhammed cos he probably wasn't born then.

The quran has records of everything before and after Christ cos quran was written long after death of Christ.

Me and my BIBLE.

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by druid06(m): 8:43am On May 04, 2013
ifeness:

Nice on there! I could only give one like. I wish I could give a million because you just said it all.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Mintayo(m): 8:46am On May 04, 2013
olumidazz: @talk2me006 and tintinz, if u knew who I am u would dare not insult so I forgive you for that. I hv asked you to disprove desika in all he has portended here based on logical myths or common reasoning even though they are without facts. Ayeni an lyrix hv not made any sense with their contributions, desika had dealt with their delusions succinctly. It is not enough to just say desika is confused when infact you have not disprove his points, if and when you do, only then would you have convinced a whole lot of rational thinkers how confused desika is. That's my point.

that is what they do best,they derail from thread,they v nt been able to proof the guy wrong-same thing for thsi threads too,they are wonderful threads but our brothers are good 'derailer',pls check them out with patience-you will also see the CONTRADICTIONS IN QURAN THERE-

https://www.nairaland.com/86405/comparison-between-bible-quran-proof

https://www.nairaland.com/175953/ex-muslim-nairaland-talks-why

https://www.nairaland.com/479908/why-mohammed-not-prophet/3

God bless us all
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 8:48am On May 04, 2013
Mintayo:

this is what you guys no how to do best,just answer the questions i ask you-i will repeat them again;you said the Bible was corrupted?
-why do u quote from it to validate the quran?
-do u knw that mohammed told his followers to 'read' the Bible(ppl of the book)if they don't understand the quran,hence you guys are sinning by speaking against the Bible bcus ur allah also said he is the author of the sciptures of the xtain and jews(even tho its a lie).
Now the big questions:
who corrupted the Bible?
When was the Bible corrupted?
How was it corrupted?

(we christain don't need the quran to validate the Bible)
Which part of the Bible was corrupted? (i will guess you will say the part MO did not copy)

Can u tell me where prophet (saw) said they shud read Bible if they don't understand Quran? You don't have proof

Luke 1:2-3
2 just as those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word delivered them to us, 3 it seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write to you an orderly account, most excellent Theophilus,

If Luke said he himself was not an eyewitness and the knowledge he gathered was from eyewitness and not as words inspired by God, do you still believe the Bible is God's word?
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by TechyGuy: 8:52am On May 04, 2013
talk2me006:

LUKE 19:27

New International Version (©2011)
But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"

New Living Translation (©2007)
And as for these enemies of mine who didn't want me to be their king--bring them in and execute them right here in front of me.'"

I am surprised you almost got away with this misinformation.

The scripture you quoted was A PARABLE JESUS TOLD.
It's obvious you picked out that verse to make it sound like Jesus instructed them to do so. NO He didnt. He was telling a parable that illustrates what HAPPENS ON THE JUDGEMENT DAY!

Compare it with this: Matthew 26
51 And suddenly, one of those who were with Jesus stretched out his hand and drew his sword, struck the servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear.
52 But Jesus said to him, “Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword.
53 Or do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He will provide Me with more than twelve legions of angels? 54 How then could the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must happen thus?”
55 In that hour Jesus said to the multitudes, “Have you come out, as against a robber, with swords and clubs to take Me? I sat daily with you, teaching in the temple, and you did not seize Me.
56 But all this was done that the Scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled.”Then all the disciples forsook Him and fled.

AND THIS Matthew 5

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’
39 But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
40 If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.
41 And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.
42 Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.
Love Your Enemies
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’
44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
47 And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so?
48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Now, please stick to your quran and the interpretation and stop posting deception.

5 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Proffdada: 8:53am On May 04, 2013
this guy is a budhist, hope you r ready to accept idolism
druid06:

Nice on there! I could only give one like. I wish I could give a million because you just said it all.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Andyforte: 8:53am On May 04, 2013
We don't want to learn pls. We have seen enough
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 8:54am On May 04, 2013
Mintayo:

that is what they do best,they derail from thread,they v nt been able to proof the guy wrong-same thing for thsi threads too,they are wonderful threads but our brothers are good 'derailer',pls check them out with patience-you will also see the CONTRADICTIONS IN QURAN THERE-

https://www.nairaland.com/86405/comparison-between-bible-quran-proof

https://www.nairaland.com/175953/ex-muslim-nairaland-talks-why

https://www.nairaland.com/479908/why-mohammed-not-prophet/3

God bless us all
MAN you don't have point, Explain these verses to me;

FROM NEW TESTAMENT

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 8:59am On May 04, 2013
TechyGuy:

I am surprised you almost got away with this misinformation.

The scripture you quoted was A PARABLE JESUS TOLD.
It's obvious you picked out that verse to make it sound like Jesus instructed them to do so. NO He didnt. He was telling a parable that illustrates what HAPPENS ON THE JUDGEMENT DAY!

Compare it with this: Matthew 26
51 And suddenly, one of those who were with Jesus stretched out his hand and drew his sword, struck the servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear.
52 But Jesus said to him, “Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword.
53 Or do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He will provide Me with more than twelve legions of angels? 54 How then could the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must happen thus?”
55 In that hour Jesus said to the multitudes, “Have you come out, as against a robber, with swords and clubs to take Me? I sat daily with you, teaching in the temple, and you did not seize Me.
56 But all this was done that the Scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled.”Then all the disciples forsook Him and fled.

AND THIS Matthew 5

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’
39 But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
40 If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.
41 And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.
42 Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.
Love Your Enemies
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’
44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
47 And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so?
48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Now, please stick to your quran and the interpretation and stop posting deception.
PASTOR! PASTOR!! PASTOR !!! Please explain these to us;

FROM NEW TESTAMENT

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by druid06(m): 8:59am On May 04, 2013
A fact that all mumslims and non-christians should understand about the Bible is that the first language used in writing it was Aramaic. The Bible has been translated over and over again into different languages and you can not deny that facts that some meaning were lost during these century wide translations. Some of the scribes who translated the HOLY BOOK would have added and deducted some wordings to it to suit some of their teachings and for political reasons. It's not like the Quran to whom it was first written in Arabic and still is in Arabic today. Even the Quran still has some contradicting parts to it.

Like one professor of Theology once said, different religion are battling for supremacy to be the one and true religion. At the end of the time, the true religion might be from the voodoo worshipers in Congo. Who knows?
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by TechyGuy: 9:02am On May 04, 2013
TO ADD TO MY PREVIOUS POST:

Here is Paul the Apostle's message, showing how a Christ-like he is.

Romans 12:
14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.
18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.
19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.
20 Therefore
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by TechyGuy: 9:08am On May 04, 2013
ayenny02:
PASTOR! PASTOR!! PASTOR !!! Please explain these to us;

I saw the post earlier but decided to not bother reply you as it is obvious you didnt ask to learn but for mischief.
I have tried it before, it doesn't yield much progress. I only post that comment because that fellow tried to mislead people and a single post can stop it from happening.
As for yours, I would have to pick each verse and put them back into context and explain to you but I must admit, knowing that you didnt ask to learn, there is no need.
And explaining the new testament part will be very difficult. This is the reason:

1 Corinthians 2
10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.
13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.
16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by softtouch2(m): 9:13am On May 04, 2013
ayenny02:

quran2:190-194
190: Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors.

191: And kill them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for persecution and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, kill them. Such is the reward of those who reject faith.

192: But if they cease, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

193:And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God; but if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression.

194:The prohibited month, for the prohibited month, and so for all things prohibited, there is the law of equality. If then any one transgresses the prohibition against you, transgress ye likewise against him. But fear (the punishment of) God, and know that God is with those who restrain themselves.

These verse were revealed at a time when Muslims of Madinah were under constant attack from the Pagans of Makkans. Some of example would be when the Makkans conducted the public crucifixion of the companion of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), Khubaib bin Adi. These would be classified as ‘terrorist activities’ according to the modern usage of the term.

So what does this verse say in this context? “Fight in the cause of God those who fight you”, “unless they (first) fight you there” - the context of this verse applies to those who initiate the attack against Muslims.

And even after they attack, the verse makes it clear: “But if they cease, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” And it also makes clear the purpose for what Muslims fight: “fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God”. It is the duty of Muslims to defend humanity from oppression and persecution and to establish justice.

The Qur'an says to be kind and fair with non-Muslims who are at peace with us.
It is only the ones who attack us that we are to fight back against

Historically, fighting back against the aggressors was prohibited during the thirteen years of the Meccan period. After the migration to Medina and the establishment of the Islamic state, Muslims were concerned with how to defend themselves against aggression from their enemies. The aforementioned verses were revealed to enable them to protect the newly formed state by fighting in self-defence against those who fought them. However, the Qur’an clearly prohibits aggression.

The verses explain that fighting is only for self-defence. Thus, a Muslim cannot commit aggression and kill innocent men, women, children, the sick, the elderly, monks, priests, or those who do not wish to fight. A Muslim is also mandated not to destroy plant life of livestock

GOD IS ALL KNOWER, ALL WISE

Allah is commanding you to kill people, Are you now saying allah is lame or powerless to kill himself?

Or Is he handicapped?... or Is he blind to know who to kill and not?

Unless you are re-affirming he is an idol.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Nobody: 9:14am On May 04, 2013
ayenny02:

Let me remind u again those people that u said u followed, go and read their saying abt islam let me give ur some of their names I know u don't know them becos u are still a small rat in ur thinking

Napolean Bonaparte

George Bernard Shaw

Bertrand Russel

H.G. Wells

William Draper

Edward Montet

Thomas Carlyle

Simon Ockley

Phillip Hitti

Carra de Vaux

Marcel Clerget

Thomas Arnold

Michael the Elder (Great)

James Addison

M. M. Pickthall

John Bagot Glubb

Prof. Keith L. Moore Professor Emeritus, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology,
University of Toronto. Distinguished embryologist and the author of several medical
textbooks, including Clinically Oriented Anatomy (3rd Edition) and The Developing
Human (5th Edition, with T.V.N. Persaud).

Prof. E. Marshall Johnson Professor and Chairman of the Department of Anatomy
and Developmental Biology, and Director of the Daniel Baugh Institute,
Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.

Prof. T.V.N. Persaud Professor of Anatomy, and Professor 
of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Manitoba, 
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

Prof. Joe Leigh Simpson Professor and Chairman of the 
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Baylor College  of Medicine, Houston,Texas, USA.

Prof. Gerald C. Goeringer Professor and Co-ordinator of 
Medical Embryology in the Department of Cell Biology, 
School of Medicine, Georgetown University,  USA.

Prof. Tejatat Tejasen Chairman of the Department of Anatomy
and is the former Dean of the faculty of Medicine,
University of Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai, Thailand.

Dr. Maurice Bucaille Born in 1920, former chief of the Surgical Clinic,
University of Paris, has for a long time deeply interested in the
correspondences between the teachings of the Holy Scriptures and modern secular knowledge.

Lol look at who is calling another a rat. All you know is the Quran men. All Religion Is Bullshit…but there are differing degrees of the insanity. On a 0 to 10 scale (with 0 being secular realists to 10 being “I kill for my God”) Islam is a 10 while Christianity is somewhere around 5.

The things I’ve read about Islam suggests that they believe in billions of invisible angels and genies who require constant prayer, talking animals and trees (and utensils and body parts and…), barbaric medicine (cauterizing and blood-letting), and totally idiotic Stone Age concepts (like the transformation of humans into animals). And Allah-is-Everything (A million prayers to Allah! May peace be upon him!); Muhammad’s piss, shit, spit, and sweat heals All (A million prayers to Allah! Peace be with him!)–but Satan is everywhere! Prayer and ritual cleansing at least 5 times each day (because Satan sleeps in your nostrils and pisses in your ears at night), strict OCD-like rules for everything from eating to sleeping to screwing…and the Fear of being damned for not performing to specifications. Allah puts the fruit on the trees. Allah holds the sky up. Muhammed says the sun sets in a muddy pond. A bird in flight is held in the sky by Allah. The stars are held up by Allah. RUBBISH WAYS OF THINKING!!!
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 9:16am On May 04, 2013
shadys: I have only one conclusion from all d responses.

The bible has records of everything from creation to after death of Christ. No record about Prophet Muhammed cos he probably wasn't born then.

The quran has records of everything before and after Christ cos quran was written long after death of Christ.

Me and my BIBLE.
Before u made ur conclusion pls explain those verses below;

FROM NEW TESTAMENT

INCEST, RAPE AND ADULTERY IN BIBLE
Genesis 9:23-24
23 But Shem and Japheth took a garment, laid it on both their shoulders, and went backward and covered the unclothedness of their father. Their faces were turned away, and they did not see their father’s unclothedness.
24 So Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done to him.

2 Samuel 11:4-5
4 Then David sent messengers, and took her; and she came to him, and he lay with her, for she was cleansed from her impurity; and she returned to her house. 5 And the woman conceived; so she sent and told David, and said, “I am with child.”

AND MANY MORE
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by TechyGuy: 9:18am On May 04, 2013
I think deSika did a very good job pointing out points that, not surprisingly, was left unanswered. Anyway, every muslim has the right to their belief.
You are not under obligation to believe in Jesus, its a choice!

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by softtouch2(m): 9:19am On May 04, 2013
Until we think outside what Bible or Quran or any other religion book says, there won't be peace.

ALL problem facing the World are created by Human.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 9:20am On May 04, 2013
ifeness:

Lol look at who is calling another a rat. All you know is the Quran men. All Religion Is Bullshit…but there are differing degrees of the insanity. On a 0 to 10 scale (with 0 being secular realists to 10 being “I kill for my God”) Islam is a 10 while Christianity is somewhere around 5.

The things I’ve read about Islam suggests that they believe in billions of invisible angels and genies who require constant prayer, talking animals and trees (and utensils and body parts and…), barbaric medicine (cauterizing and blood-letting), and totally idiotic Stone Age concepts (like the transformation of humans into animals). And Allah-is-Everything (A million prayers to Allah! May peace be upon him!); Muhammad’s piss, shit, spit, and sweat heals All (A million prayers to Allah! Peace be with him!)–but Satan is everywhere! Prayer and ritual cleansing at least 5 times each day (because Satan sleeps in your nostrils and pisses in your ears at night), strict OCD-like rules for everything from eating to sleeping to screwing…and the Fear of being damned for not performing to specifications. Allah puts the fruit on the trees. Allah holds the sky up. Muhammed says the sun sets in a muddy pond. A bird in flight is held in the sky by Allah. The stars are held up by Allah. RUBBISH WAYS OF THINKING!!!

Can u see urself that you don't have anything upstair. Prove urself with authentic references
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by maclatunji: 9:25am On May 04, 2013
olumidazz: @maclatunji, non of you or your guys have proven desika wrong here, I have gone through the whole thread in this my lonely state of mind and found that he has made some very erudite submissions that non of you has disproved, Instead of relying on hindsights of emotions based on myths and moonlight tales to disprove. He has not denied getting his facts from ant-islamic websites, but the onus lies on you to disprove which you haven't done successfully. he has drawn very salient conclusions based on facts he directly infers for which has not be factually or intellectually disproved. To this end, his arguments to me do not only contain logic but carry more weight, preprundance of evidence, facts, and has passed the test of reason until you or your other guys prove otherwise.

On what basis is desika right? He is making assertions that are not in consonance with Islam and then 'disproving' them. In essence, he is trying to build something on nothing. Only, people ignorant about Islam will be impressed by his presentations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40)

Is Applying Of Relaxer A Sin In Islam? / Ogun Prophet & His Sons Convert To Islam, Cut Off Their Dreadlocks (Photos) / Dangote Sultan Adamawa Converts British Woman, Delgado To Islam (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.