Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,667 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians (1987 Views)

T-72 Tanks Used By The Military To Destroy Boko Haram (Photos) / Nigeria Police Now As Servant Boys To Politicians? / Which Is Beter Civilan Or Military Government. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by israel007: 10:11am On Apr 17, 2013
With an unusual grandstanding and harsh words, the Nigerian military today warned political office holders and civil servants that the nation’s armed forces are already running out of patience with the manner things are going in the country especially the unbridled looting of public funds and undue interference in the runnings of military operations.

Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Admiral Ola Sa’ad Ibrahim and the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika issued the threats separately today though in a manner that suggests that their decision to make the declaration was predetermined and coordinated. They both spoke in their offices in Abuja while receiving the new Permanent Secretary posted to the Ministry of Defence, Aliyu Ismaila. The CDS who fired the first shot at the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) categorically declared that the military was fast running out of patience with the “pile of mess” being created in the polity as reflected in the runnings of the Ministry of Defence.

“You find too many stories about grandstanding, stories about procurement. I hope your tour of duty will focus on these issues. I will close this my response by saying that you inherited a pile of work, let me call it work, some call it pile of mess. You have to clear it up”, the CDS warned while referring to the corruption rooted in the MOD.

Also speaking in the same tone, the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lieutenant General Azubuike Ihejirika warned that the military have had enough from political office holders in the MOD interfering in their operational issues. He condemned the practice where civilians in the ministry preside over the procurement of military logistics and operations vehicles amongst others without the involvement of relevant service chiefs.

“Your appointment has come at a time we require a lot of improvement in defence affairs. Some of our operations are not taken into consideration in the making of the budget. For a nation that has experienced peace for so long, a lot of things are taken for granted”, the COAS stated, adding that at the moment the Nigerian Army lacks adequate operations vehicles, accommodation, arms and ammunitions amongst others because of bureaucratic bottlenecks.

In his response, the Permanent Secretary told Ihejirika that, “the mandate of the ministry of Defence is to provide services to you and I am here with a sincere heart to provide support to you. There is a challenge and by the responsibility I am carrying, I plead with you for support to carry this responsibility. I am coming at a time that there are great challenges, great expectations from you. Yes, there are challenges of friction between the ministry and you, but I assure you that this is a thing of the past.

“The Chief of Defence Staff talked about quality of staff. I have briefed all my Directors that there is a wind of change. It is no more business as usual. Whatever needs to be done must be done properly. I came with a name and I want to go back with that name and I will not allow anybody to deter my determination.”

While assuring the COAS that he has noted the areas the military officers want to be carried along which include “finance, procurement and other logistics areas” the new Perm. Sec. said “immediately after my meeting with you, I intend to hold meetings with Directors and set timeline for all we do. In areas of procurement, these are areas of your needs. You know what you want and who can do the best for you. Anything that has to do with procurement, I will personally discuss it with you to give you what you want. There will be no more friction. Should you have any issues, please Sir, feel free to call me and discuss with me.”

http://ireports-ng.com/2013/04/15/were-running-out-of-patience-nigerian-military-warns-politicians-says-clear-the-mess-or-face-anarchy/

Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by faragai24: 10:34am On Apr 17, 2013
Nigerian Army your decision is long over due. We needed you urgent.
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by kunlekunle: 10:50am On Apr 17, 2013
Action not talk
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by israel007: 11:02am On Apr 17, 2013
Yea true. Action
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 17, 2013
Been waiting for this day, dreamt it, craved it..army ride on!
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by gratiaeo(m): 11:53am On Apr 17, 2013
Let the army take over
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 17, 2013
Y'all clamoring for army takeover, have you taken out time to juxtapose their regime and that of democracy?
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by EFX001: 12:13pm On Apr 17, 2013
Nawah! For una! So, i that whole article thats all you dunce could pick up? Our military chiefs are tired of the poor substandard equipment being bought by the defense minstry. Imagine civilians that know nothing about army requirement, tanks, kits etc are buying trash for the militry to use in combat. This is an eye opner, it shows why the navy has no good vessesl, why the air force has chinco jets and why the army are fighting boko haram with toyota hilux instead of MRAPs. Soilders keep dying in combat with hilux that has no armor protection! Shame! They have had enough, the procurement of the MOD office has to be probed!

1 Like

Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by slimming: 12:21pm On Apr 17, 2013
Nothing will happen, military takeover is not attractive anymore.
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by kramer: 12:24pm On Apr 17, 2013
Yes they should come and wipe the slate clean, they can start from Abati
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
Even though the topic is a mis-representation of what the service chiefs said, I have a few questions for the DEVILISH few clamouring for military rule.

Who caused the civil war? Who caused corruption to rise astronomically? Who was responsible for the Abacha loot? Who pocketed the $12billion oil windfall under IBB? Who destroyed basic education? Who forcefully took over missionary schools? Who failed to invest N1 in the power sector for periods spanning decades? How many state capitals were as developed today compared to during the dark days of military rule? Who could criticise govt during military rule? Will NL not be closed down under military dictatorship? Who destroyed the tertiary education system? Who killed the Nigerian police? How did Nigerian army fair under military dictatorship? Who created this over blotted political structure? What criteria was used to HAND PICK political leaders at various levels during military rule?

I know that because of hatred for the current president, some FOOLS are ready to kiss the DEVIL. But those who kiss the DEVIL, for whatever, will live with the consequences

6 Likes

Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 17, 2013
gratiaeo: Let the army take over

Take over and take us back, GOAT.
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by israel007: 12:36pm On Apr 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Even though the topic is a mis-representation of what the service chiefs said, I have a few questions for the DEVILISH few clamouring for military rule.

Who caused the civil war? Who caused corruption to rise astronomically? Who was responsible for the Abacha loot? Who pocketed the $12billion oil windfall under IBB? Who destroyed basic education? Who forcefully took over missionary schools? Who failed to invest N1 in the power sector for periods spanning decades? How many state capitals were as developed today compared to during the dark days of military rule? Who could criticise govt during military rule? Will NL not be closed down under military dictatorship? Who destroyed the tertiary education system? Who killed the Nigerian police? How did Nigerian army fair under military dictatorship? Who created this over blotted political structure? What criteria was used to HAND PICK political leaders at various levels during military rule?

I know that because of hatred for the current president, some FOOLS are ready to kiss the DEVIL. But those who kiss the DEVIL, for whatever, will live with the consequences

Ouch
Lol @ devilish few
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 17, 2013
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 17, 2013
Military rule is never the solution.
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 17, 2013
From the article I dont think the Army are saying they are going to take over Nigeria! They are just expressing thier frustration about Nigeria thing, where nonentities try to dabble into things they know no shi.t about! It is the same thing as an history professor buy equipments for chemistry laboratory in our universities.
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by otokx(m): 3:01pm On Apr 17, 2013
Not in support of military take over, we just need to improve on our democratic system.
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by TableLeg(m): 3:03pm On Apr 17, 2013
emmysenior: Y'all clamoring for army takeover, have you taken out time to juxtapose their regime and that of democracy?

Where is the democracy?
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 17, 2013
EFX001: Nawah! For una! So, i that whole article thats all you dunce could pick up? Our military chiefs are tired of the poor substandard equipment being bought by the defense minstry. Imagine civilians that know nothing about army requirement, tanks, kits etc are buying trash for the militry to use in combat. This is an eye opner, it shows why the navy has no good vessesl, why the air force has chinco jets and why the army are fighting boko haram with toyota hilux instead of MRAPs. Soilders keep dying in combat with hilux that has no armor protection! Shame! They have had enough, the procurement of the MOD office has to be probed!
source?
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by EFX001: 6:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
sheyie2007: source?
What do you mean by source? Have you seen the army with any MRAP? have you seen the navy with any morden vessel? Have you seen the airforce with out those chinco jets? My guy you need to read more about Nigerian defense matters or head back to the sexuality section!
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by israel007: 8:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
Table Leg :

Where is the democracy?

Here in nigeria. Getting there

1 Like

Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
israel007:

In a country where journalists are jailed for doing their job,nothing has changed buddy.
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by ckkris: 10:08pm On Apr 17, 2013
Na who be Permanent Secretary @ M O D before this Aliyu Ismaila come take over. The persin na him de buy tokumbo jet fighters for our pilots?
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by ChimaAdeoye: 10:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
CDS,If your action is to conduct a coup d'etat, even the militants in Mali Or former Ivorien President Gbagbo's men shall receive more mercy than your corpse. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 17, 2013
Table Leg :

Where is the democracy?

I am surprised that you table leg guy is no longer enthusiastic about 2015, what happened?

1 Like

Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by TableLeg(m): 8:12am On Apr 18, 2013
israel007:

Dont kid yourself .... Nigeria is not practising Democracy!!!

If you think otherwise, give me 10 good reasons why you do!
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by TableLeg(m): 8:14am On Apr 18, 2013
Bob_E:
I am surprised that you table leg guy is no longer enthusiastic about 2015, what happened?

Enthusiastic about 2015?

Was i ever?

I cant be anyway with the same ol sh*t going on in that country ....

There is a lot of time between now and 2015, but it will take a lot to change my mind!
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by ochukoccna: 8:28am On Apr 18, 2013
A coup MAY come but not by this senior generals who are part of the present rot
Yet Nigeria needs poltical restructuring not military coups seeing the military bastardised the country and brought her into the current sorry pass to which polticians have added fuel and fire
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 18, 2013
Those shouting that the Military should take over are Juveniles and there's no point responding to them.

Then it's always good to read an article and not Judge by the cover page alone. The messages was directed to the Minister, and it wasn't a threat but an expression of displeasure
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by HAH: 9:01am On Apr 18, 2013
What are this soldiers talking, rubbish

All I will say is any man in Nigeria is a potential soldier the only difference is uniform, let them learn from BH and not intimidate anyone, who is corrupt than the military mtcheeew

Fela don talkam uniform na clothe na tailor dey saw am.
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by israel007: 10:12am On Apr 18, 2013
~Bluetooth:

In a country where journalists are jailed for doing their job,nothing has changed buddy.

There have been countries in worst situation than Nigeria but they made it through. I believe so much in Nigeria and more so that we are resilient.

WE'LL BE FINE!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where are the 100 Buses Promised By The President As Parliative? / New Method Of Home Robbery Discovered / Photos: ISIS Announces Its Own Currency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.