Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians (1991 Views)

T-72 Tanks Used By The Military To Destroy Boko Haram (Photos) / Nigeria Police Now As Servant Boys To Politicians? / Which Is Beter Civilan Or Military Government. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by TableLeg(m): 2:03pm On Apr 18, 2013
HAH: What are this soldiers talking, rubbish

All I will say is any man in Nigeria is a potential soldier the only difference is uniform, let them learn from BH and not intimidate anyone, who is corrupt than the military mtcheeew

Fela don talkam uniform na clothe na tailor dey saw am.

Go and repeat your first sentence face to face to a soldier and see what will become of you!
Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by FindOut(m): 4:31pm On Apr 18, 2013
ochukoccna: A coup MAY come but not by this senior generals who are part of the present rot
Yet Nigeria needs poltical restructuring not military coups seeing the military bastardised the country and brought her into the current sorry pass to which polticians have added fuel and fire

Frankly speaking, did the millitary really totally bastardize the country?? (excuse babangida's regime).

Compare the pace of governance and discipline under the millitary regimes with the democratic regimes from Shagari to Obasanjo.

Look at all our national monuments from the 3rd mainland bridge to the National Stadium Surulere to the National Arts theatre etc and tell me how many of them were built by democrats.....despite the fact that Nigeria has been splendidly wealthy in recent times.

Look at all the major roads and bridges in Nigeria today (especially the interstate roads) and tell me how many of them were built by democratic goverments. May i remind you that since 1999, we have still been struggling to maintain these roads, not much plans and even fewer realities on ground point to the opening up and construction of new major roads in the likes of Ore-Benin, Lagos-Ibadan expressways etc.

Let the people well versed in political history and economics identify the best 10 years since 1960 in which Nigeria and Nigerians have prospered; I wont be surprised in most of those years fall under millitary years.

If 1999 - 2013 Nigerian leaders were the same as 1969-1983 leaders, i assure you one of two things would have happened today in real 2013

- This country would have been poorer and much less developed than Niger republic
or
- We would have had a bloody revolution...with its attendant consequences (positive or negative)

Yes the millitary did wreak some havoc on this country no doubt, but its very crystal clear that the civilian regimes especially since 1999 have outshone and outdone the military when it comes to corruption, inefficiency and worst of all, indiscipline.

I do not entirely support a millitary coup, but I guarantee you I will not be unhappy if it happens especially if it turns out to be bloodless but heavily laced with detentions, property & assets confiscations and heavy prison sentences for 'well deserving' members of the current and recent past political terrain.

In a millitary regime, only the Oga at the top and a few select others chop money ILLEGALLY but in a NIGERIAN civillian regime, almost everybody that sorrounds the centre chops money LEGALLY sad

1 Like

Re: We Are Running Out Of Patience; Clear The Mess Or ... - Military To Politicians by israel007: 5:12pm On Apr 18, 2013
Truth is we'll be a better nation soon

(1) (2) (Reply)

Friends Finish Patrick Obahiagbon With Grammer. / FG Budgets N59.9billion For 30,000 Ex- Militants In 2014 / Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.