Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,003 members, 7,838,516 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials (11060 Views)

Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials / Oshiomhole Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Rapists-punch / Boko Haram Calls For Election Boycott, Jonathan Seeks US Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 18, 2013
chai! GEJ i hail thee, na u b d confirm man, na u go lead till 2019, ur d boss, u know how to lead the thing, unlike the buari wey get mental sickness..4get am, dnt worry,gej i go mobilize my entire villagers,we dy ur back til 2019,u r nevr alone,u have brought great reforms to all d sectors of our economy, my wish is d next presido for '19 go maintain ur great reforms,down buari till his death,up gej to '19

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by awodman: 3:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
The way our national newspapers subdued this piece of information is very suspicious..even those that managed to run it consigned it to very inconspicuous pages.Assuming it was something to the contrary it would have made it to their front page with screaming headlines.

@ topic proper...good development.Its now time ƒσя our senators to prove they are also in this fight against corruption by not WATERING down this bill

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 18, 2013
[quote
author=awodman]The way our national newspapers subdued this piece of
information is very suspicious..even those that managed to run it
consigned it to very inconspicuous pages.Assuming it was something to
the contrary it would have made it to their front page with screaming
headlines.

@ topic proper...good development.Its now time ƒσя our senators to
prove they are also in this fight against corruption by not WATERING
down this bill [/quote]

the hidden reason is because they have been paid by APC to scrutinize GEJ in the public media, APC also have e-soldiers here on Nairaland,scrutinizing every good deed done by oga Jona, solemnly i tell you.that will never stop jona.

Mods wetin? front page la..if na tonto nw e go hit front page b4 e get 2 posts sf.or una b apc e-soldiers too?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Emperor007: 3:28pm On Apr 18, 2013
Nice development, if upper and lower house wouldn't kill it

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Freiburger(m): 4:02pm On Apr 18, 2013
Nice one from GEJ, dealing with the 1% currupt ones. cheesy
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by drnoel: 4:43pm On Apr 18, 2013
but why restrict this to just pension thieves. Why does he not make it all elected officials to include he and his cronies so we can really see that light at the end of the tunnel.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by OmoTier1(m): 5:33pm On Apr 18, 2013
[size=18pt]WHEN WILL HE JAIL ANENNIH, oh where is the one that was suppose to have been arrested as ordered by the national assembly and when hiding in Abuja, yet the same clueless man through the IGP told this nation the man has fled the country [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by dayokanu(m): 5:43pm On Apr 18, 2013
[size=18pt]The same Govt that gave Pardon to Alams?

I laugh in Otueke[/size]

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by harmless011: 6:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
This is good news, gradually we are getting there.
Another thing is to grant full autonomy to local government to bring governance to the grassroot.
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Wadeoye(m): 6:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
Na today? Instead of him to implement Ribadu report, arrest subsidy scammers and ensure they are jailed even if is for 1 year, Jona is sending bills to NA. To what extent has the clueless government implemented and enforced the existing laws?

And see stupidd imbe like him praising GEJ for sending a bill to NA. Is he ready to implement and enforce this law when finally promugated? If yes, he should start now by declaring his asset and then I will take him serious.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by ckkris: 7:04pm On Apr 18, 2013
Freiburger: Nice one from GEJ, dealing with the 1% currupt ones. cheesy
.1%, says the one and only Ngozi.
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by LivingSaint(m): 7:10pm On Apr 18, 2013
And by the time the NASS completes its work on this bill, we can be sure there will be lots of lacunae in it to render it almost ineffective and inoperable.
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 18, 2013
Omo_Tier1: WHEN WILL HE JAIL ANENNIH, oh where is the one that was suppose to have been arrested as ordered by the national assembly and when hiding in Abuja, yet the same clueless man through the IGP told this nation the man has fled the country

I never knew it was the duty of the President to prosecute or jail people.

dayokanu: The same Govt that gave Pardon to Alams?

I laugh in Otueke
Now this really questions his desire to fight corruption.

For the benefit of Nigeria, I hope the OP's post is true. Many comments here suggest that people who see themselves as the opposition want their own rise to power to be a result of absolute failure on the part of the incumbent leaders. In other words, they desire a situation where Nigerians suffer terribly so that they can come to power rather than one where they would win because they are able to develop the best policies that provide the greatest good to the greatest number of people, and have a proven track record of executing those policies.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by citizenY(m): 8:48pm On Apr 18, 2013
Rubbish, i would have appreciated it if the first step taken is to make amends.... pay those being owed first .... anything can follow... They should not be penalised for the crime of others...

.In any case , this bill is like telling our legislators to create new states.. na tall order....

If this bill is real, that is
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 18, 2013
Billyonaire: GEJ is the Best thing to happen to Nigeria;

He is moving at rocket speed compared to Yaradua!
He is a clean slate regarding corruption compared to Lion of Bourdillon!
He is extravagantly humble compared to OHBEEJAH
He has done it again, no room for pension thieves, we call it, Zero tolerance on Corruption.

We do not need a Buhari to fight corruption, we already have a Supernova on the move!

We all love GEJ, except the mosquitoes and nematodes! Approve this Bill without delays, Oh my Legislooters.

Ummmm.... yeah..... Pension Thieves..... and what happens to those that steal other Govt funds, especially in the oil sector where everyone seems to be dipping their fat, stubby, fingers?

Hmmmn...... Nigerians are gullible its crazy.

P.S: GEJ is basically telling you the Pension Thieves will walk by proposing the enactment of a law that cant be applied retroactively.
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 18, 2013
maxwello.yg:
chai! GEJ i hail thee, na u b d confirm man, na u go lead till 2019, ur d boss, u know how to lead the thing, unlike the buari wey get mental sickness..4get am, dnt worry,gej i go mobilize my entire villagers,we dy ur back til 2019,u r nevr alone,u have brought great reforms to all d sectors of our economy, my wish is d next presido for '19 go maintain ur great reforms,down buari till his death,up gej to '19

So, basically, your mental problem didnt let you see anything past your hatred for Buhari?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by aurenflani: 9:46pm On Apr 18, 2013
Billyonaire: GEJ is the Best thing to happen to Nigeria;

He is moving at rocket speed compared to Yaradua!
He is a clean slate regarding corruption compared to Lion of Bourdillon!
He is extravagantly humble compared to OHBEEJAH
He has done it again, no room for pension thieves, we call it, Zero tolerance on Corruption.

We do not need a Buhari to fight corruption, we already have a Supernova on the move!

We all love GEJ, except the mosquitoes and nematodes! Approve this Bill without delays, Oh my Legislooters.

But why is he wining and dining with Maina, the main culprit of the pension funds embezzlement fame even inside the Presidential Villa?

Oh, I get it. The fight is actually against perceived enemies not corrupt officials per-se

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by viyon02: 12:34am On Apr 19, 2013
He will be frustrated from the cabal; gej, wach your back.
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by viyon02: 12:38am On Apr 19, 2013
He will be frustrated from the cabal; gej , wach your back
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by manny4life(m): 4:14am On Apr 19, 2013
If ONLY people could just read the damn article, for those asking why is it only pension, the damn bill was a "PENSION REFORM BILL". Other bills with time, hopefully will go to the house but this one alone is about "PENSION PURPOSES".

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 19, 2013
manny4life: If ONLY people could just read the damn article, for those asking why is it only pension, the damn bill was a "PENSION REFORM BILL". Other bills with time, hopefully will go to the house but this one alone is about "PENSION PURPOSES".

Biyyytch aszz fagghit: DONT BE A PUNK AND MENTION MY NAME, HOMO!!!

Dumb mudafuhka, ure hiding away in a basement in DC yet the things youve learnt since arriving here from the jungle seem to be flying over your flat head.

If the scale of governmental corruption being observed in Nigeria was the same as out here: WOULD OBAMA PROPOSE A BILL TO FIGHT ONLY A SECTION OF IT OR TRY TO FIGHT ALL OF IT?!

Bloody imb.ecile and enemy of progress.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by funnyx(m): 7:22am On Apr 19, 2013
I imagine if GEJ is a Hausa man, the kind of bashing he would have received as the president even at this news but as he his a southerner and a 'Christian' he should be hailed for taking Nigerians for f00l.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by anulaxad(m): 7:27am On Apr 19, 2013
backtosender: *Send long Prison term Bill to National Assembly.
**Seeks not less than 10-year Imprisonment for Pension Thieves.
**Fines, should not less than 3-times of the amount stolen.
**Consulting on introducing both Life and Death Penalty for Corrupt Officials.
**instructs the Accountant-General to pay all Pension to individual Bank accounts.

Tougher times await pension thieves as the Federal Government has proposed stiffer penalties for persons or organisations involved in the mismanagement and embezzlement of pension funds.

The proposal was contained in a bill forwarded by President Goodluck Jonathan to the National Assembly on yesterday.

Part of the bill read, “Any Pension Fund Administrator or Pension Fund Custodian or person or body, who misappropriates or diverts pension funds, commits an offence under this Act.

“The individual or group will also be liable on conviction to a fine of an amount equal to three times the amount misappropriated or diverted, or to a term of not less than 10 years or both the fine and imprisonment.”

“The bill also instructs the Accountant-General of the Federation to make payment of retirement benefits directly into individual bank accounts of retired persons covered under Section 5 of the Act. Details of such payment should be submitted to the Commission and the Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate of the Federation and FCT.

The Shock of the day, was that news that President Goodluck Jonathan is also consulting on the Idea to introduce another bill soon that will give either Life and Death Penalty for Corrupt people who through their act have deprived millions of Nigerian to opportunity to have or live a decent live.

“I hereby introduce for formal consideration and enactment into law by the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the Pension Reform Bill.

“While I hope that the bill receives the usual expeditious attention of the members of the Senate, please accept; distinguished Senate my highest regards," President Jonathan concluded.

419,why don't you go send your thieving ass to jail mr.gej.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Okijajuju1(m): 10:58am On Apr 19, 2013
[size=25pt]FRESH AIR[/size]

Breath in!!!! Breath out!!

#TeamFreshAir2015

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by collins123(m): 10:58am On Apr 19, 2013
All for re election packages!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by manny4life(m): 10:58am On Apr 19, 2013
kingoflag:

Biyyytch aszz fagghit: DONT BE A PUNK AND MENTION MY NAME, HOMO!!!

Dumb mudafuhka, ure hiding away in a basement in DC yet the things youve learnt since arriving here from the jungle seem to be flying over your flat head.

If the scale of governmental corruption being observed in Nigeria was the same as out here: WOULD OBAMA PROPOSE A BILL TO FIGHT ONLY A SECTION OF IT OR TRY TO FIGHT ALL OF IT?!

Bloody imb.ecile and enemy of progress.

Lol, seriously... Dude got serious issues. I won't let you off easily this time calling me names, "RESTRAIN YOURSELF". I read through everyone's post, and literally summed up my opinion from the first page and their responses, and the second page did not help - for you to even think you're important in the scheme of things (in ref to my statement) is not ONLY irrelevant and foolishh thinking, it's overly PATHETIC.

I have said this before, go meet your own mates and yell/shout with them, I got class... peace.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by legendarysegzi(m): 11:04am On Apr 19, 2013
Let him who has no sin cast the first stone....definitely not Goodluck...olé!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Born2beRich1(m): 11:07am On Apr 19, 2013
GEJ is working.... grin
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Danbam(m): 11:08am On Apr 19, 2013
twill make sense dis way ...all stealers of public funds should b sentenced to death like ghana did
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Afritop(m): 11:09am On Apr 19, 2013
THIS IS PURE NONSENSE. AFTER ABSOLVING AND ACQUITTING HIS FORMER BOSS ALAMESEIGHA OF CORRUPT PRACTICES THROUGH MISCHEIVOUS PRESIDENTIAL PARDON, HE NOW FORWARDED A BILL CONDEMNING CORRUPTION. Mr President should be fair to all and not being tribalistic

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Abel202: 11:11am On Apr 19, 2013
My People, this is a step in the right direction.
However its one thing for the president to send a bill to the national assembly, and entirely another thing for those people in the two chambers of the national assembly to pass it. They delay a lot in passing bills, and they have a tendency of watering it down.
So kudos to Jonathan on this one. But his party has a majority in both chambers of the legislature, so he should use his party machinery to ensure a speedy passage of the bill and that its not watered down.
Jonahan still needs to do A LOT MORE before people shall take him serious as far as fighting corupton is concerned because that's his weakest link. Once again Mr president, this is one small step in the right direction as far as tackling your hill of achilles is concerned, Kudos!!!
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by drberry(m): 11:13am On Apr 19, 2013
I love GEJ. God bless you..... Now you have won the 2015 ticket and may thunder fire all those who trys to oppose this motion grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG To Deploy Nuclear Technology To Eradicate Malaria – Daily Trust / EFCC Hunts For FIRS Boss Fowler As Aide Exposes Fowler’s Car Gift To Girlfriend! / Anambra Election Results From Ihiala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.