Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,002 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials (11059 Views)

Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials / Oshiomhole Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Rapists-punch / Boko Haram Calls For Election Boycott, Jonathan Seeks US Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Dee60: 11:14am On Apr 19, 2013
Our leaders are not serious. Why do a law separate for pension thieves? What about oil subsidy thieves? What about 'egunjes' running into billions of dollars in the top corridors of power?

Very shallow thinking indeed. Very disappointing.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 19, 2013
hahahhaha i have killed two of his type
sheyie2007: na your type de damage this country.. I'll find you and I'll kill you
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 19, 2013
Let me guess something. . .After pardoning Alams,Joanthan sent an executive bill to the National Assembly.the legislators begin to drag their feets on the bill till 2015 and the next National Assembly will finally throw the bill away after being spearheaded by senator Alams from Bayelsa state.

Nigeria,open your eyes and don't be deceived by president jonathan again.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by boron10(m): 11:27am On Apr 19, 2013
I will take this news as just speculation or a plot by gej to win the mind of the public in order to secure enough votes come 2015, until the bill is passed, approved and fully enacted.
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by lookmangiw(m): 11:30am On Apr 19, 2013
NeoTesla:

I never knew it was the duty of the President to prosecute or jail people.

Now this really questions his desire to fight corruption.

For the benefit of Nigeria, I hope the OP's post is true. Many comments here suggest that people who see themselves as the opposition want their own rise to power to be a result of absolute failure on the part of the incumbent leaders. In other words, they desire a situation where Nigerians suffer terribly so that they can come to power rather than one where they would win because they are able to develop the best policies that provide the greatest good to the greatest number of people, and have a proven track record of executing those policies.
do you think the democrats would have gotten a shot at the presidency if not for the george w bush policies that sent the economy into a state of comatose. Guy, it happens everywhere dude, that's what politics is all about, so get down and starting thinking, mess.ing numb skull

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by meforyou1(m): 11:33am On Apr 19, 2013
Only pension thieves? It should be bar beach show, firing squad for all corrupt politicians from federal to ward level.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by skyfall: 11:44am On Apr 19, 2013
Good development. But let's remember that the house and senate are both controlled by the PDP. Let's see how this one pans out.
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by mosquitoNet(m): 11:45am On Apr 19, 2013
Clueless and corrupt Abdul El'Retardeen a.k.a dullington trying to play games with the mumu citizens brain. Na today? Why hin no take action? Na after worldwide condemnation hin waw come disguise as saint. All is strategies against 2015. Ribadu's subsidy scam report is there covered with dust on his table nothing done about it. 2015 is your waterloo foooooooools!
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 19, 2013
The problem will be if the House And Senates will approve this bill. Who said GEJ is corrupt? only the clueless and bitter souls. Am sure tinubu and co will be shaking where they are now.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by legendarysegzi(m): 11:57am On Apr 19, 2013
E com remain make he set up yeye commitee on this one.
Am proud to say ''My president is empty''
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 19, 2013
Dee60: Our leaders are not serious. Why do a law separate for pension thieves? What about oil subsidy thieves? What about 'egunjes' running into billions of dollars in the top corridors of power?

**Consulting on introducing both Life and Death Penalty for Corrupt Officials.
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by cctvcamera: 12:00pm On Apr 19, 2013
What happen to bill that support freedom of speech? They will approve it but GEJ's DOGs will soon break it
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by ishekinah1(m): 12:02pm On Apr 19, 2013
He is just deceiving himself. If you are going to remove stick from another man's eye at least you should be seeing clearly. This man has promoted corruption to the highest level all over the world. How on earth will he be able to execute such even if passed into law. Mind you, who will pass it into law? Those senators or "honorable" men?
If he is serious let him execute Farouk Lawan case?

Why on earth do you think anything Jonathan said should be taken serious? Hmm.

Yet some people are clamoring for him to be re-elected. I am afraid of the kind of youths we have in this country.1

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by ypzilanti: 12:03pm On Apr 19, 2013
Yeah right...

Will believe it when we see it.
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 19, 2013
Praise God!

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by andyanders: 12:28pm On Apr 19, 2013
Remove 10 yrs and replace with death penalty for even N1 Million naira should carry death penalty.
Also Reps and House of Assembly should equally carry same penalty.
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by PEREP: 12:29pm On Apr 19, 2013
Dee60: Our leaders are not serious. Why do a law separate for pension thieves? What about oil subsidy thieves? What about 'egunjes' running into billions of dollars in the top corridors of power?

There is a law governing Pension Administration in Nigeria and if it will not address certain concerns, the President is at liberty to ensure such a law exist.

There is never a law world over that addresses CORRUPTION or any other heinous act. Let's applaud this move and wait for the Legislators to objectively handle the bill and get it passed.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Easy1401(m): 12:33pm On Apr 19, 2013
I can't give a comment now untill they pass the bill into law and implement it immidately.
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by honeric01(m): 12:39pm On Apr 19, 2013
I DEY LAUGH.

That's what this "fairy tale news" is worth.
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by lukeman8880: 12:46pm On Apr 19, 2013
I support u, b4 implementation he should renounce Alam's pardon, dis wil show his sincerity if not that he's making his way towards 2015 presidential campaign.
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Abbott(m): 1:03pm On Apr 19, 2013
Shame on you if you fool me once
Shame on me if you fool me twice

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by asids55: 1:06pm On Apr 19, 2013
a guy stole close to a million naira and they gave him the death penalty while politicians looting pension funds go with just 10 years..smh!! angry
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Fantacy1(m): 1:08pm On Apr 19, 2013
Too hard 2 pass judgement on onesef. Our NAS members represents corruption so hw do dey pass such tough bill on demselves? Only nemesis can serve dis pupose..
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by uyplus(m): 1:12pm On Apr 19, 2013
Bullshit!! Pls, can't Jonathan introduce capital punishment to all corrupt govt officials? Why is capital punshment reserved for oil thieves and pipeline vandals, and kidnappers.. Bunch of stupid nigerians r alrdy applauding dis! Hf u eva wondered why he hs neva raised such a motion since the past years hs spent in office, 2introduce a more stiffer punshment to deter corrupt govt officials frm looting the country's treasury.can't we emulate countries like china? Or u think dey were just 2fooolsh 2introduce such laws? Hs any ex-presidnt in ngr bn charged for misuse of office afta hs tenure ends? Ds presidnt is a fraud!! A masssive fraud!!
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by donwilz(m): 1:13pm On Apr 19, 2013
CyberG: Without any reference to any source, people are believing this new fresh fart? Most Nigerians are just too gullible!
what can this man ever do that will satisfy you? You are unintelligent and counter productive. A little truth for once will not kill you.. When he does something wrong, please do criticize it.. But when you turn a hypocrite or just plainly myopic, you will be nothing other than a HATER!...Get a life dude

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by kabba7(m): 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2013
[quote author=Pataki]Gullible Nigerians!

Fake story, who does not know this ain't just real and true.onathanJ can never fight corruption. He does not give a damn remember?![/quote

Someone is on suiicide mission
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Shine1177: 1:34pm On Apr 19, 2013
A good one from GEJ.
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by PECO4KING(m): 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2013
GEJ nice move. But I could remb this GEJ is not a man of his word. Guys no forget subsidy promise,yet there is no changes,the road are still the same ,increase in funds for power supply yet it is not stable and we re not moving forward. GeJ na u go pardon them,even if any one is caught stealing pension funds. This one u dey talk na for 2015 election package. I no be mugu. Wise up Nigerians.
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Joemint(m): 1:46pm On Apr 19, 2013
datz a gud one ur excellency GEJ. Itz a step in d rit direction
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by timowale: 2:19pm On Apr 19, 2013
drberry: I love GEJ. God bless you..... Now you have won the 2015 ticket and may thunder fire all those who trys to oppose this motion grin grin grin
you need a good doctor seriously!
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 19, 2013
Jonathan if this is true-kudos.This is the only thing that will save Nigeria- a strong deterrence to discourage people from public office corruption.
All the violence and anarchy in the country today is due to corruption of politicians,the politicians steal the money meant to develop our educational sector,they stole the money for empowerment schemes,and they stole the money to provide medical care for our aging mothers.
The leaders leave the youths with no choice but to turn to criminal activities-especially when they see the corrupt leaders flaunting the stolen wealth in our faces.
The earlier we ascribe death penalty in our constitution for corrupt leaders,the better...these politicians are mass murderers by their actions of stealing public funds.the are worse than hired killers,because they kill a lot of people through their corruption and embezzlement.
if we fail to issue death penalty to public corrupt officers,the youths will see that there is no justice,and everyone will get involved in crime and overrun our security apparatus.
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 19, 2013
Let him start from ALAMS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Watch This....intellectual Brawl And Hard Talk. Ex-President Disgraced on BBC. / Amina Mohammed Meets With Uhuru Kenyatta - Photos / FG To Deploy Nuclear Technology To Eradicate Malaria – Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.