Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again (2112 Views)

My Ex Wants Me To Marry Her Best Friend, Pls Advice. / Here Are 6 Signs Your Ex Wants You Back / My Married Ex Wants To Compensate Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by KateSpade(f): 8:03pm On Apr 18, 2013
I broke up with my ex about 5 months ago while we were in a long distance relationship. Had to do it over the phone. He called me up yesterday talking about him coming back to my city in a few weeks and wanting to talk. He was saying things such as "When we speak in person, I will know how you really feel, I will be able to tell how whats in my heart, and I will if its over or not" and talking about how we are really good friends now since I broke his heart.

As if he doesn't believe its over until I break up with him in person.

At this point, I'm just ready to give him back his stuff he left at my place and wish him well on his life.

My question is how can I do this correctly?
Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by Sijo01(f): 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2013
You brokeup with him because of the distance or because you'v gotten a replacement Clearify!

2 Likes

Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by butta(m): 9:39pm On Apr 18, 2013
Sijo01: You brokeup with him because of the distance or because you'v gotten a replacement Clearify!
Good question babe

1 Like

Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by KateSpade(f): 9:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
Sijo01: You brokeup with him because of the distance or because you'v gotten a replacement Clearify!

neither, I realized I don't want to marry him and it felt like we were heading in that direction
Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by 190: 9:53pm On Apr 18, 2013
katie are u nigerian
Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by butta(m): 9:54pm On Apr 18, 2013
KateSpade:

neither, I realized I don't want to marry him and it felt like we were heading in that direction
op do u still have feelings for him
Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by KateSpade(f): 10:00pm On Apr 18, 2013
190: katie are u nigerian

no
Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by KateSpade(f): 10:01pm On Apr 18, 2013
butta: op do u still have feelings for him

yes, some. however, i still don't believe we are right for each other.
Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by 190: 10:35pm On Apr 18, 2013
KateSpade:

no

ok undecided
Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 18, 2013
When he comes to your city, meet him at a public place, like a park, and take his things along with you. Find a bench, sit him down and tell him it's best for the two of you to part. Give him your main reason/s for making your decision. Be respectful but firm when you speak. In giving him your reason/s, you would help him get some closure too. Since he's someone who doesn't want to let go, it's likely he wouldn't agree with your reasons, BUT HE DOESN'T NEED TO! It doesn't matter whether he agrees with you or not; or thinks you're making a huge mistake. You're making a decision for yourself and you need to be firm with it. Give him his things, tell him "good luck with everything" or whatever else you want your parting words to be and leave. Hope that works, lol. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by MrCork17: 11:26pm On Apr 18, 2013
KateSpade: I broke up with my ex about 5 months ago while we were in a long distance relationship. Had to do it over the phone. He called me up yesterday talking about him coming back to my city in a few weeks and wanting to talk. He was saying things such as "When we speak in person, I will know how you really feel, I will be able to tell how whats in my heart, and I will if its over or not" and talking about how we are really good friends now since I broke his heart.

As if he doesn't believe its over until I break up with him in person.

At this point, I'm just ready to give him back his stuff he left at my place and wish him well on his life.

My question is how can I do this correctly?

...sweeery u nid to sleep wit me quick so we can PUNISH HIM!! ..r u light skin? angry
Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by dmcdad: 11:38pm On Apr 18, 2013
Yield: When he comes to your city, meet him at a public place, like a park, and take his things along with you. Find a bench, sit him down and tell him it's best for the two of you to part. Give him your main reason/s for making your decision. Be respectful but firm when you speak. In giving him your reason/s, you would help him get some closure too. Since he's someone who doesn't want to let go, it's likely he wouldn't agree with your reasons, BUT HE DOESN'T NEED TO! It doesn't matter whether he agrees with you or not; or thinks you're making a huge mistake. You're making a decision for yourself and you need to be firm with it. Give him his things, tell him "good luck with everything" or whatever else you want your parting words to be and leave. Hope that works, lol. Good luck.
Yeah... That's more like it gurl
Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by KateSpade(f): 3:52am On Apr 19, 2013
Yield: When he comes to your city, meet him at a public place, like a park, and take his things along with you. Find a bench, sit him down and tell him it's best for the two of you to part. Give him your main reason/s for making your decision. Be respectful but firm when you speak. In giving him your reason/s, you would help him get some closure too. Since he's someone who doesn't want to let go, it's likely he wouldn't agree with your reasons, BUT HE DOESN'T NEED TO! It doesn't matter whether he agrees with you or not; or thinks you're making a huge mistake. You're making a decision for yourself and you need to be firm with it. Give him his things, tell him "good luck with everything" or whatever else you want your parting words to be and leave. Hope that works, lol. Good luck.

thanks.
Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by nenergy(m): 9:19am On Apr 19, 2013
KateSpade: I realized I don't want to marry him and it felt like we were heading in that direction
You all of a sudden REALIZED? I believe there will be a special place in HELL for time wasters. Please "date" only people you CAN marry, there will be a lot less heart breaks, acid baths and damaged emotions. Long distance sucks!

2 Likes

Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 19, 2013
Why do you want to return his things? Are the things that expensive or you've never got him something before? That bit seems childish to me. Or are the things his own personal things?

Anyways, before you go and meet him as planned, you have to be 100% sure of what you want. Sit down and weigh your options again, if you're sure that you don't wanna be with him again, just let him know that and drop all forms of feelings at home when you're going (guilt, passion, pity, anger etc). He's gonna use all methods but you have to be firm and polite. You might want to have a plan for s*x too, do you want a good-bye one or not? If not, maybe you wanna have the talk in a public place and not his house or some private place.
Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by KateSpade(f): 3:18pm On Apr 19, 2013
nenergy:
You all of a sudden REALIZED? I believe there will be a special place in HELL for time wasters. Please "date" only people you CAN marry, there will be a lot less heart breaks, acid baths and damaged emotions. Long distance sucks!

I didn't all of a sudden realize and distance wasn't the factor, mainly it was trust. The distance did allow me to overall reflect on the relationship though.
Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by KateSpade(f): 3:23pm On Apr 19, 2013
alutacontinua: Why do you want to return his things? Are the things that expensive or you've never got him something before? That bit seems childish to me. Or are the things his own personal things?

Anyways, before you go and meet him as planned, you have to be 100% sure of what you want. Sit down and weigh your options again, if you're sure that you don't wanna be with him again, just let him know that and drop all forms of feelings at home when you're going (guilt, passion, pity, anger etc). He's gonna use all methods but you have to be firm and polite. You might want to have a plan for s*x too, do you want a good-bye one or not? If not, maybe you wanna have the talk in a public place and not his house or some private place.

They are personal items.

I do feel a bit guilty but that's not a reason to stay in a relationship.

and yikes to the good-bye s*x. That's not happening.
Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by Sijo01(f): 3:36pm On Apr 19, 2013
KateSpade:

yes, some. however, i still don't believe we are right for each other.

There must be a reason(s) for that. You wanna share...... Heartbreak now be child's play o, so be careful.
Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by KateSpade(f): 4:08pm On Apr 19, 2013
Sijo01:

There must be a reason(s) for that. You wanna share...... Heartbreak now be child's play o, so be careful.

He has a lot of redeeming qualities but he doesn't trust me and he is insecure. I know a lot of it stems from his past relationships [he has been cheated on in the past]. I didn't notice it much before the distance because he didn't bring it up too much and I have a tendency of thinking people are joking when they say things I think are absurd. Also, it became a topic in every conversation we had while he was gone. (Questioning me about my whereabouts, who I spend my time with, clothing, saying ppl are putting thoughts in my head). If he felt like he couldn't trust me, he shouldn't have agreed to be in the relationship. No need to waste your money calling me and my money calling you.

He also believes my culture is an issue but he has been aware of that before we even started the relationship. And I did take his concerns to heart and changed a few things for the sake of the relationship but there's only so much a person can bend until they break. If that was such an issue then I shouldn't have been the first woman to meet your mother, and hang around with your brothers and sisters.

He is incapable of making a decision of what he wants and I'm a lot more upfront and I need to be with someone who is decisive. I cannot see myself marrying someone who doesn't trust me and is indecisive, its just not going to happen.

/end rant
Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 19, 2013
KateSpade:

They are personal items.

I do feel a bit guilty but that's not a reason to stay in a relationship.

and yikes to the good-bye s*x. That's not happening.

You might want to work on that guilt before you meet him. If he senses that in you and he's a smart guy, he's gonna use your guilt against you. So, if your mind is made up, drop the guilt at home when you're going. It's your decision and you don't have to feel guilty for it. A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage. If that is what is best for both of you, then, there's nothing to feel guilty about. You could apologize for wasting his time, though...
Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by KateSpade(f): 3:55am On Apr 22, 2013
alutacontinua:

You might want to work on that guilt before you meet him. If he senses that in you and he's a smart guy, he's gonna use your guilt against you. So, if your mind is made up, drop the guilt at home when you're going. It's your decision and you don't have to feel guilty for it. A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage. If that is what is best for both of you, then, there's nothing to feel guilty about. You could apologize for wasting his time, though...

thanks!
that apology ain't happening tho.
Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by Nobody: 6:06am On Apr 22, 2013
KateSpade:

no
Good.
Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by KateSpade(f): 2:58am On Jul 18, 2013
Realized I forgot to update this

Ex returned. Met up with him, gave him back his stuff.He acted as if we never broke up. Calling all the time, wanting to see me, inviting me to family events. Let about a week pass to see if any strong feelings arose, they didn't. So I told him to stop calling and that we can't be friends.
Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by 190: 3:01am On Jul 18, 2013
^But you still phucked didnt you wink
Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by UjSizzle(f): 8:21am On Jul 18, 2013
nenergy:
Most people go into relationships with the best intentions and hopes, but things don't always work out the way we want. It's better to get out of it than stay out of guilt.

3 Likes

Re: Ex Wants Me To Break Up With Him Again by Youngpo413: 8:26pm On Sep 02, 2014
It pays to be a player,no time for all these shiiit.
After they still believe that love exists,can you just imagine this?
Fucccck love!

(1) (Reply)

43things A GIRL Wished Her boyfriend Knew / Reasons Why Guys Shouldn't Worry About Their Heights. / Say No To Ugly Girls Nd Protect D Future...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.