Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? (26936 Views)

Cheating In Relationship, How Did U Catch Them, How Were U Caught? / Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope / What Was The Duration Of Your Shortest Relationship? How Was It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by chikk(f): 5:17pm On Apr 19, 2013
djeezy: He who loves less controls the relationship and it's usually the party who sets the ultimatum. Well for me if my girlfriend sets an ultimatum for me and I decipher it's for the best interest of the relationship, I'll accept it in good faith but if it's for her own selfish interest, it's never gonna work.
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by Gabrielsylar(m): 5:23pm On Apr 19, 2013
Submit ur ATM and d ultimatum ends
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by tinuolababy(f): 5:26pm On Apr 19, 2013
mirob: What of if the guy gives you an ultimatum not †̥☹ touch his phone or go through it, how will you feel in that relationship?
.y would Ɣ☺ΰ in Tђξ first place?
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by dammytosh: 5:28pm On Apr 19, 2013
mirob: What of if the guy gives you an ultimatum not †̥☹ touch his phone or go through it, how will you feel in that relationship?

Let me understand this point. That a guy says "The next time you touch my phone, this relationship is over."

If that is the case as i presume, Please don't bother touching his phone. Just quit immediately. You don't have a boy friend yet.

As much as i believe in giving him his privacy if he gives you yours. Using ultimatum to achieve that shows you don't really mean anything to him.
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by Bontee: 5:28pm On Apr 19, 2013
As a last resort sometimes in resolving issues, they are needed if one partner is becoming too unreasonable. When given an ultimatum then you act on it based on the fact that it is reasonable or it is not and this will determine how you are going to react to it. You can either let it slide and dame the consequence or make your partner see reasons to why the ultimatum is not needed to resolve the issue.

1 Like

Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by vivianc(f): 5:34pm On Apr 19, 2013
Bontee: As a last resort sometimes in resolving issues, they are needed if one partner is becoming too unreasonable. When given an ultimatum then you act on it based on the fact that it is reasonable or it is not and this will determine how you are going to react to it. You can either let it slide and dame the consequence or make your partner see reasons to why the ultimatum is not needed to resolve the relationship.

Good point you have there.
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by Rooneyboy(m): 5:35pm On Apr 19, 2013

Is it ur phone

Or are u a thief

2 Likes

Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 19, 2013

Keep searching,you haven't found your man yet.I personally will know that much won't come out of the relationship.
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by DonaldGenes(m): 5:42pm On Apr 19, 2013
byvan: I hate ultimatum!!Giving me an ultimatum is like intentionally luring me to defile you,because I ll.I can't give an ultimatum,it mares relationships.Once you give me an ultimatum,my Oga at the top will make me do another.
Hahahhahahaahaaha so this yearn"my oqa@ the top"still dey savour you for mouth?

All the same,back to the topic,I don't subscribe to the idea of an ultimatum once you are in qood relationship but much to my consternation,I know some of my hoodies who do this shit to their shawtties and lo and behold,the qirls will still succumb to my friends ultimatum in other not to qet kicked out,albeit,it solely depends on the individual involve,some chiqs brood no nonsense if a quy qive "em ultimatums,b'cos they have their assistant boyfrds by the corner....though I once use to do it but now am qrown up,I can't do such,its totally irrelevant,
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by DonaldGenes(m): 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2013
Lastly, its one of the tricks we quys use in tryinq to find any available fault to break up
And if the qirl is one that too dey poke nose in everythinq and ofcourse its irritates us......
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by Idowuogbo(f): 5:55pm On Apr 19, 2013
Ulti wot? D tot of it alone dey boil my blood. Wtf? undecided
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by Truckpusher(m): 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2013
vivian chinaza: Good day all.

I just want us to talk about ultimatums in relationships and how we handle them.
Ultimatum is a final, uncompromising demand or set of terms issued by a party to a dispute, the rejection of which may lead to a severance of relationship. This is a strategy used by many of us which can make or mar our relationships.
Often times when we are given ultimatum, it paralyses us, and we fight back for the wrong reasons. Maybe to show that we are in control, to prove that we are not weak, etc.
Personally I believe ultimatum mars a relationship more than it makes it. So many relationship break ups can be attributed to ultimatums, either the we you give or the ones we receive.
I also personally think that if we understand how to handle ultimatums by sharing ideas, it will help us a great deal in our various relationships. This relationship is not restricted to that of man/woman only, no, it cuts across every aspect.

So ladies and gentlemen, how do you handle ultimatums in your various relationships? Do you give ultimatums? If yes, why? Do you think it is the best strategy? Do you fight back when given ultimatum? What impact does fighting/rejecting ultimatum have on your relationship?

Let's live and learn.
If you're into a serious relationship that is tending towards marriage and particular bad habit keeps manifesting over and again ,and there is no indication that you're partner wants to make a drastic change now.In that case sometimes ultimatum can be given by both parties to clearly define what and why this would never be tolerated......fortunately only alpha males and secure ladies has the heart to give ultimatums.....ultimatums wasn't meant for every Tom,D1ck and Harry... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by Rooneyboy(m): 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2013
byvan:

Keep searching,you haven't found your man yet.I personally will know that much won't come out of the relationship.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by DonaldGenes(m): 6:07pm On Apr 19, 2013
Where is vivian oooooooooooooooooo?
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by vivianc(f): 6:08pm On Apr 19, 2013
Donalð Genes: Lastly, its one of the tricks we quys use in tryinq to find any available fault to break up
And if the qirl is one that too dey poke nose in everythinq and ofcourse its irritates us......

I really hate to give or be given ultimatums. It turns my blood to blue.

But I have given ultimatum once in my relationship. Omg, my bf (now ex) was going to kill his brother. Family issues and I got caught up in the middle. I begged and begged and begged but his rage was getting the best of him. Menh, I was scared, but I also knew I was his weakness. So I was like "if you touch him, this relationship is over." He was jolted back to his senses. I still couldn't figure out what changed his mind; the ultimatum or the fact that he have could seriously injured his brother and maybe go to jail cos I hadn't seen him in so much rage before.
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by chikk(f): 6:09pm On Apr 19, 2013
Truckpusher: If you're into a serious relationship that is tending towards marriage and particular bad habit keeps manifesting over and again ,and there is no indication that you're partner wants to make a drastic change now.In that case sometimes ultimatum can be given by both parties to clearly define what and why this would never be tolerated......fortunately only alpha males and secure ladies has the heart to give ultimatums....ultimatums wasn't meant for every Tom,Dick and Harry... grin grin grin grin

I like this!!! grin grin grin
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by vivianc(f): 6:10pm On Apr 19, 2013
Donalð Genes: Where is vivian oooooooooooooooooo?

Present sir! grin

1 Like

Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by Rooneyboy(m): 6:11pm On Apr 19, 2013
Donalð Genes:
Hahahhahahaahaaha so this yearn"my oqa@ the top"still dey savour you for mouth?

All the same,back to the topic,I don't subscribe to the idea of an ultimatum once you are in qood relationship but much to my consternation, I know some of my hoodies who do this shit to their shawtties and lo and behold,the qirls will still succumb to my friends ultimatum in other not to qet kicked out, albeit,it solely depends on the individual involve,some chiqs brood no nonsense if a quy qive "em ultimatums,b'cos they have their assistant boyfrds by the corner....though I once use to do it but now am qrown up,I can't do such,its totally irrelevant,

Those are guys that knows what's up. cool
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by DonaldGenes(m): 6:16pm On Apr 19, 2013
Idowuogbo: Ulti wot? D tot of it alone dey boil my blood. Wtf? undecided
Yours is always hot ever since I born you my pikin
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by DonaldGenes(m): 6:17pm On Apr 19, 2013
vivian chinaza:

Present sir! grin
What are we havinq for dinner dear
Am famished?
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by Idowuogbo(f): 6:18pm On Apr 19, 2013
Donalð Genes:
Yours is always hot ever since I born you my pikin
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by DonaldGenes(m): 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Those are guys that knows what's up. cool
Lmao! That's for sheezy hommie
*chop knuckle with me jor*
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by DonaldGenes(m): 6:21pm On Apr 19, 2013
Idowuogbo:
undecided undecided undecided
For realest! I aint kiddinq Or can't I born you? Lol
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by vivianc(f): 6:25pm On Apr 19, 2013
Donalð Genes:
What are we havinq for dinner dear
Am famished?

Ok, this thread is on FP, you could get banned for derailing. Just telling you from experience.
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by Bontee: 6:26pm On Apr 19, 2013
vivian chinaza:

I really hate to give or be given ultimatums. It turns my blood to blue.

But I have given ultimatum once in my relationship. Omg, my bf (now ex) was going to kill his brother. Family issues and I got caught up in the middle. I begged and begged and begged but his rage was getting the best of him. Menh, I was scared, but I also knew I was his weakness. So I was like "if you touch him, this relationship is over." He was jolted back to his senses. I still couldn't figure out what changed his mind; the ultimatum or the fact that he have could seriously injured his brother and maybe go to jail cos I hadn't seen him in so much rage before.

What you described above is a good example of what am talking about, they are needed sometimes to make your partner reasonable and sometimes see the bigger picture.
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by Password77(m): 6:33pm On Apr 19, 2013
Ultimatum is actually good in very extreme cases. . . Especially when the person is giving u a second chance to redeem urself after a very ugly event. #TryItAgainAndOurRelationshipIsOver

. . . Dis reminds me of d little drama dat took place during my uncle's wedding some yrs ago.

After spending enough cash on d traditional marriage *omo to marry kalabari babe expensive oo*, on d eve of d white wedding, the babe's family started making UNREASONABLE demands and d babe come dey support her ppl *she say she go follow her ppl go if d demands are not met*.

Mehn! My gentleman uncle just provoke big time, come Declare him ULTIMATUM to his wife- "IF YOU STEP OUT OF THAT DOOR, I PROMISE YOU I'LL JUST PICK ANY AVAILABLE GIRL AND WED TOMORROW".
Na so d matter die instanta! Cos he was definitely not bluffing.

1 Like

Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by eagleeye2: 6:51pm On Apr 19, 2013
OP, I have never given ultimatum in a r.ship, but I think am preparing to give one soon.
What will you all make of a situation where you have talked and pleaded and promised, yet you don't seem to bee making any headway.
I am talking about a relationship that may be heading to the alter. Both of you have affirmed that you love each other and wishes to spend the rest of your lives together. But one person don't want to do the needful to see the relationship move foward as it should.
In my case, my girl is so afraid of going for the Pre-marriage lab test to assertain her genotype and other reelated blood tests. (she is afraid that if she tested +ive to HIV I may leave her).

Op, in this situation what do you?
Do you just move on with your life or do you keep pouring water on a stone?
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by DonaldGenes(m): 6:55pm On Apr 19, 2013
vivian chinaza:

Ok, this thread is on FP, you could get banned for derailing. Just telling you from experience.
Sorry! I didn't know
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by vizion: 7:08pm On Apr 19, 2013
@ op,

sometimes the ultimatum is just stating the obvious. when one party actions/inaction is killing the relationship, the other party may just issue the ultimatum to call the erring partner to other.

when an ultimatum is given, you need to look at what led your partner to go that route.
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by avalontony(m): 7:16pm On Apr 19, 2013
All i know is that God is still good no matter the ultimatum handed down to me by anyone. That is how i handle mine......remain blessed.
Re: Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? by IZUKWU(m): 7:24pm On Apr 19, 2013
vivian chinaza:

Ok. Thank you.

Permit me to rephrase, may I?
What is someone, let's say your babe tells you "Joe, if you don't do this, its over between us." How would you react to that?
i will call your bluff.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Of These Statements Make A Man Feel Happy The More? / some Nigerian Women in UK can Fall Hand, Badly! / If You Cannot Marry 4wives, I Cannot Marry You - Lady Says (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.