Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? (133216 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI / What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rossikk:

DUDE KINDLY FCK OFF. You are a certified LIAR and SLANDERER. Your head is a cesspit of self-loathimg, lies and exaggeration. You don't even pretend to back up your outlandish, IDIO.TIC claims about Nigeria being worse than Niger and Chad and all such illiterate garbage. Why don't you go and spend two weeks in Niger or Somalia, or Chad, and come back and tell us about the paradise you experienced? Nasty animal. I'm sure you're abroad hence your self hate. Pls don't step your nasty, dirty self in Nigeria again. We don't need you here and you will not be missed.

So, this is your comeback after hiding for like two hours, bro bro? shocked I expected more barks synonymous with rabid dogs from you - I'm utterly disappointed!!! angry sad sad

Anyway, where in my post(s) did I assert that Niger, Somalia, and Chad are better/more-developed than Nigeria? Perhaps, you aren't only suffering from extreme patriotism-blindness, you also suffer from acute glaucoma, no?

Go seek medical help and come back with a better response when you can read properly... wink
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by juman(m): 7:59pm On Apr 21, 2013
ShyM-X:
Developing or what not, Nigeria has no excuse for being the way it is...

That country is an utter disgrace to mankind, humanity, black race, and Africa - to be honest... undecided

Yeah, that nigeria is a big disgrace.

There is no state that can be considered as half developed in nigeria. States without even basic infrastructure.

Shame on nigeria.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 21, 2013
juman:
Yeah, that nigeria is a big disgrace.

There is no state that can be considered as half developed in nigeria. States without even basic infrastructure.

Shame on nigeria.

Tell 'em, bro - and these lazy pseudo-intellectuals are giving excuses about Nigeria being a developing country...

Oh well - Indonesia, Singapora, Brazil, Cuba, Vietnam etc. are also developing countries - how come their cities look like paradise compared to Nigerian cities? - psychotic intellectually superficial and empty nutters!! Stop posting ridiculous wikipedia stats and shows us proofs!!
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 21, 2013
Anyway, what do you expect from a country populated by numbnuts and a finance minister who crammed everything she said in an interview despite having one of the most overrated CVs ever?

A cesspit is what Nigeria is - take it, or leave it!!
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by FECOSON: 8:11pm On Apr 21, 2013
Is there any developed state in nigeria atall? Not yet but......
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 21, 2013
basilo101:
I hv neva heard of Calabar State or Abuja State in Nigeria

grin grin grin
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by ngooka: 8:27pm On Apr 21, 2013
Where in delta is developed?
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Rossikk(m): 8:29pm On Apr 21, 2013
ShyM-X:

Tell 'em, bro - and these lazy pseudo-intellectuals are giving excuses about Nigeria being a developing country...

Oh well - Indonesia, Singapora, Brazil, Cuba, Vietnam etc. are also developing countries - how come their cities look like paradise compared to Nigerian cities? - psychotic intellectually superficial and empty nutters!! Stop posting ridiculous wikipedia stats and shows us proofs!!

Show us your paradise cities in Cuba, Vietnam and co.

Oh, and ''Singapora'' is actually a tiny city-state famously lavished with western investment after WW2 to be a buffer against encroaching communism, together with other Asian tigers, so they don't count.

Brazil is more advanced than Nigeria because she got on the road to development several decades before Nigeria gained independence. Brazil had her first universities in the 1860s while Nigeria got hers in the 1960s. (Thanks to the do-nothing British rulers). Brazil hosted the world cup in 1930 - twenty years before Nigeria got her first stadium. Nigeria is far younger than Brazil as a nation. When you learn to use your brain to distinguish countries based on their respective history, politics and economics, you'll have an easier time.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by nwachukwuosite: 8:30pm On Apr 21, 2013
What is bad about ebonyi. Are not eating local rice and local salt.Pls we are no more dust of the nation but salt of the n..........
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by nasoeb: 8:36pm On Apr 21, 2013
I believe River State is the most developed in naija. And for those thinking its only ph city that is developed.... Visit Bonny Island.

power: Bonny Island has steady, uninterrupted power supply since 1995, never gone for a day.

treated and drinkable water: Bonny Island has well channeled, treated pipe-borne water and stil have more and bigger distribution centers under construction.

transportation Bonny Island has very efficient and wide good-road network.... Has good water transport system by community and NLNG Supported.... It has chopper that lifts people btw ph and BI.... also, it has a newly constructed modern Airport to shuttle direct flights btw BI - Ph, Lag, and Abj.

health service: has very big general hospitals, health centers and variousprivate clinic.

market: newly constructed modern market.

Has one of the 2 ongoing construction of fed. college of science and technology (the other is in kaduna state).

hotels and leisure: there are standard hotels and Bonny Island has 1 of the best beaches being surrounded by atlantic.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by basilo101: 8:39pm On Apr 21, 2013
bad meat: The big four,Lagos,port harcourt,abuja,kano,
we r talking abt states nt cities.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by basilo101: 8:41pm On Apr 21, 2013
musiwa24: most of you did not go to school, up ilorin, ilorin forever

The velocity of circulation is what you people assume is GDP.

Even when you look at velocity of circulation within states in Nigeria. Lagos state does not have the highest velocity of circulation.

jonathan or fashola or tinubu they seem not to be grounded in economy or engineering etc.. look nearly most area that why you find the opposition or even the PDP not able to make any articulated case on an issue, because it look like they lack understand of the issue like the PDP..
Is dia anytin lyk Ilorin State in Nigeria?
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Abagworo(m): 8:42pm On Apr 21, 2013
musiwa24:
And you now have $160 billion . How much of that is of the East.. Of the $160 less than $10 billion is from the east..

Of the $150 billion remaining.. even if we say $90 billion of it is from the North.. And $60 billion is from the West. The East now have just $10 billion.. because the east is the least productive sector of Nigeria in term of non oil GDP. because they stop agric production

Now if you state the East produce $40 billion of oil related of the $70 billion and the west as $30 Billion

It makes the GDP of the
East to be just $50 billion.
North as a GDP of $90 billion
West as a GDP of $90 billion

To bring the total GDP of Nigeria to $230 billion.

When you compare that witht the nation of Ghana.. which is just $39.2 Billion

You can see that the western Niger has the same or more than even the north in GDP. i am not accurate in my calculation.. just guessing what i am written about.

When 90% of shoes worn in Nigeria is made in Abia and Imo the largest cassava producer. What about the spare parts and electrical parts cluster of Nnewi, Rice of Abakaliki. Cocoa of Abia and palm oil of Abia and Imo?
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rossikk:
Show us your paradise cities in Cuba, Vietnam and co.

Oh, and ''Singapora'' is actually a tiny city-state famously lavished with western investment after WW2 to be a buffer against encroaching communism, together with other Asian tigers, so they don't count.

Brazil is more advanced than Nigeria because she got on the road to development several decades before Nigeria gained independence. When you learn to use your brain to distinguish countries based on their respective history, politics and economics, you'll have an easier time.

Show you the paradise in Cuba and Vietnam, no? Don't tell me you're also allergic to google.com as well!!

Anyway, Havana is more developed than all Nigerian cities(including overhyped Abuja) combined - and Hanoi is a like 5 times more developed than Lagos - your most developed city...
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Afam4eva(m): 8:45pm On Apr 21, 2013
First we have to define the difference between development and urbanization. A developed place is not necessarily urbanized. Development means having access to basic infrastructure such as power, water, hospitals, roads etc. A village can be developed but not urbanized. People tend to confuse the fact that a place with so many buildings and commercial activities as development. That's far from the reality. Development is mostly made possible through a concerted effort of the government while urbanization involves a natural growth which the government may not have a hand in.

The most developed states or cities in NIgeria include Enugu, Calabar, Abuja and Uyo etc. People in these cities to a greater extent have a better standard of living than their counterparts but they're not necessarily the most urbanized.

As far as urbanization goes, Lagos and Anambra are the most urbanized states in Nigeria. That's because everywhere you go to in these two places experience one form of commercial or industrial activity or the other. Most parts of Anambra for example looks like a town. What Anambra needs is cosmetic surgery and i can tell you that it will be one of the prides of Africa. The people there are already empowered. Those that are not empowered have empowered themselves. The human resource is out of this world. All they need their is the right leadership to take Anambra to an enviable height.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by basilo101: 8:47pm On Apr 21, 2013
ShyM-X:

And who told you I haven't been to some of those countries?

You think everyone has got a virgin passport like you? - Joker! grin
we r talking abt states in nigeria 4 nw so u hv 2 wait til we start comparing difrnt countries
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Rossikk(m): 8:49pm On Apr 21, 2013
ShyM-X:

Show you the paradise in Cuba and Vietnam, no? Don't tell me you're also allergic to google.com as well!!

Anyway, Havana is more developed than all Nigerian cities(including overhyped Abuja) combined - and Hanoi is a like 5 times more developed than Lagos - your most developed city...

There's nothing special about Hanoi.

Hanoi slums:

As for Havana:

Havana

If you call that ''better than Abuja and all Nigerian cities combined'', you should tell us what you're smoking.

Maybe it is their light skin that's turned you stup.id and makes you see fantastic cities where none exist. Slaveboy.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rossikk:
There's nothing special about Hanoi. As for Havana:

Havana

If you call that better than Abuja, you should tell us what you're smoking. Dumb slave to anything light skin.

Maybe it is their light skin that's turned you stup.id and makes yoiu see fantastic cities where none exist.

Is that all you have got, numbnut?

I just found the last UN CDI index: http://www.un.org/ga/Istanbul+5/116.pdf

You may compare and contrast, lousy slave for kleptocrat's crumbs!!
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 21, 2013
Now compare the worst of Havana to this:

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 21, 2013
The worst of Havana is 200 million times better than the worst of Nigeria - the difference is clear.... grin
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Rossikk(m): 8:59pm On Apr 21, 2013
ShyM-X:

Is that all you have got, numbnut?

I just found the last UN CDI index: http://www.un.org/ga/Istanbul+5/116.pdf

You may compare and contrast, lousy slave for kleptocrat's crumbs!!

Abeg spare us this rubbish. I thought you said Havana and Hanoi were paradise. Now I showed you ther slums and you pull out some silly report. Stick your report up your stinky backside.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 21, 2013
[size=18pt]Havana Cuba[/size]

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Rossikk(m): 9:03pm On Apr 21, 2013
Beautiful Havana, Cuba

[img]http://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTV5iqMPVlhFaL642ktxzosu3qfmZg9SmYbsORE_By5ce9VGUY21w[/img]

The best of Nigeria is 200 million times better than the best of Cuba.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by McGeorge1(m): 9:04pm On Apr 21, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Exactly! I know i may draw some flack here, but Anambra is more urbanised than developed. When I talk of a developed state, states that are approaching such a status are Abuja, Akwa Ibom and parts of Lagos (mind you, for now we're talking more of the state capital here).

A developed state should have some (or all) of the following: an integrated inter/intracity transportation system consisting of buses, trains, taxis, boats, etc; constant power supply; constant water supply; an adequate and well equipped health service; adequate waste disposal service; adequate security; leisure, entertainment and tourist centres like parks, theatres, museums, 5-star Hotels, Golf clubs, gyms, etc; readily accessible maps of city layouts either in hard or softcopies; an airport or two; a well-appointed and spotless business district; gov't/private enabled mass housing; serene and beautiful upperclass residential areas for high networth individuals/families.

So you see that we still have a long way to go; but if things are done fairly in this country, with everyone allowed the space and resources to develop at their own pace, and with good visionary leadership in place, i see cities like Onitsha, Aba, Enugu, Owerri, Gombe, Portharcourt, Kano and Abeokuta getting close to such a standard in the next 10 years; this is why we should elect a Solu.. the right kind of leaders for our respective states.
not including Cross River State only makes Ʊ look stupid
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by omodapson(m): 9:05pm On Apr 21, 2013
okpara ugo:

Your post covers only one aspect of development. Poverty level, literacy level, per capita income, infrastructure are some other aspects. Did you notice that after Lagos, all other states on your list are oil producing states except kano?

So it's only Kano you can see? Some comments here make me laugh.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 21, 2013

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 21, 2013
Afam, unban my "shym-x" ID and show my last post - got some new pics there...The spambot just banned that post..

Plz bro..
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 21, 2013
[size=18pt]Havana, Cuba[/size]

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Rossikk(m): 9:08pm On Apr 21, 2013
ShyM-X:

IS THAT ALL?

[size=20pt]LAGOS, NIGERIA[/size]

[img]http://2.bp..com/_bDcpR_wJ7hk/SgaPIkxLPOI/AAAAAAAAAYA/Ou7k9F-9m8o/s1600/lagos4.jpg[/img]

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent / Breaking News - Another Explosion In Kaduna Today / Pre-colonial Traditional Political System In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.