Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook (21501 Views)

Ogun Pastor Prays Recharge Card Into His Church Members Phone / SA Pastor Who Makes His Congregation Eat Snakes, Beaten, His Church Burnt Down / 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by hikmoj(m): 11:15am On Apr 25, 2013
Ms_Steph: Don't worry very soon fight will start. Nd 1 religion must leave. The man doesn't knw wat he is doing
if dat is wot u're prayin 4,God wont alow it 2hapen
Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by kevoneal: 11:16am On Apr 25, 2013
tintingz: yes cus you serve a human being called Jesus christ grin tongue

Twisted thought.
Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by tintingz(m): 11:16am On Apr 25, 2013
Jesus christ preaches LOVE... Buh christianity preaches HATE

Lord have mercy!!
Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by omo9ja1(m): 11:16am On Apr 25, 2013
hmmm very sensitive issue, I think the idea to give church to neighbour during cold or winter is a typical example of what Jesus will do, after all Jesus came for the sinner and not you that are saint, Jesus is not for you, the priest has done the right this further show that Christianity is a religion of Love.

1 Like

Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by uche92(m): 11:19am On Apr 25, 2013
nwando: [size=18pt]The day a nut rises up from that Muslim congregation,his head will be the first to be chopped off.
Mumu parading as a priest
Maybe na closet Muslim
Christians living in sharia lands can't even gather to pray freely and here is a so called Christian turning a house of worship into a den of thieves.
[/size]
You call yourself a Christian? What does Jesus teach about our enemies?

1 Like

Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 25, 2013
omo9ja1: hmmm very sensitive issue, I think the idea to give church to neighbour during cold or winter is a typical example of what Jesus will do, after all Jesus came for the sinner for you saint Jesus is not for you, the priest has done the right this further show that Christianity is a religion of Love.

Did Christ not chase money changers and pigeon sellers from the church?
Why didn't he allow them shelter from the elements to conduct their trade on a non worship day
They can come into the church to join them in worship not to worship whatever they believe in
There are many verses on foolishness, he ought to read them

1 Like

Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 25, 2013
uche92:
You call yourself a Christian? What does Jesus teach about our enemies?

Love your enemies,he didn't say sleep with your enemies
He also says beware
He also says be wise
Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by ifyfaith: 11:22am On Apr 25, 2013
kaytytty: god bless u pastor because even d prophet mohammed(s.a.w) used to allow christians use a mosque on sundays to worship.

CAN D MUSLIMS ALLOW THE CHRISTIANS TO USE THEIR MOSQUE FOR WORSHIP? NO I THINK. THAT'S WHY D CHRISTIANS R BETTER.
Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by tintingz(m): 11:23am On Apr 25, 2013
omo9ja1: hmmm very sensitive issue, I think the idea to give church to neighbour during cold or winter is a typical example of what Jesus will do, after all Jesus came for the sinner and not you that are saint, Jesus is not for you, the priest has done the right this further show that Christianity is a religion of Love.

X Nay...reading some christians coment shows HATRED in christians...

1 Like

Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by tintingz(m): 11:27am On Apr 25, 2013
nwando:

Did Christ not chase money changers and pigeon sellers from the church?

Why didn't he allow them shelter from the elements to conduct their trade on a non worship day

They can come into the church to join them in worship not to worship whatever they believe in
There are many verses on foolishness, he ought to read them
when did churches turn to market place...
Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 25, 2013
tintingz: when did churches turn to market place...
[size=18pt]
And when did churches who believe that Christ is the son of God, in the death and resurrection of Jesus and power of the Holy Spirit turn to a place for the worship of Allah and his Bedouin prophet Mohammed[/size]
Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by Okijajuju1(m): 11:28am On Apr 25, 2013
tintingz:
X Nay...reading some christians coment shows HATRED in christians...

Christians hate Terrorists... angry

2 Likes

Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by sayitout1: 11:32am On Apr 25, 2013
The priest himself & the parish members are all confused people.

Would these same muslim allow catholics to have mass in their place of worship (mosque) if the church is filled?

This is what you get when someone is not filled with the scripture and the Holy Spirit.

This is why they see christians as fools. ..a leader bringing unbelievers to share his ALTER with him.

Such a priest will conduct gay marriage on his alter and say there is nothing wrong with it.

NOTE: Not every gathering of people in a building where they mention the name Jesus is called a Church.

1 Like

Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by ayduamah: 11:34am On Apr 25, 2013
Could not help but notice the ghanaian gbagaun...too berd
Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by Areaboy2(m): 11:36am On Apr 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

no bro.. that's not really fair. Every Muslim isnt a terrorist. The same logic goes with "some mods are fcktards.. does that mean all mods are fcktards?"

think abt it. I believe in you mate.. You've always held a high level and plenty wise words from you wink

1 Like

Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 25, 2013
To that Episcopal priest,the Bible says in Matt 7
[size=18pt]

15“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves[/size]
Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

grin grin grin grin
Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 25, 2013
nwando:
[size=18pt]
And when did churches who believe that Christ is the son of God, in the death and resurrection of Jesus and power of the Holy Spirit turn to a place for the worship of Allah and his Bedouin prophet Mohammed[/size]

And when did God ever dwell in temples built by men? When did any GOD restrict himself to block and cement? A God that owns the earth? LOL...
Even Christians don't know how stupid they sound sometimes.

And btw, if GOD can allow bombs to blow in church and those same men are today being offered amnesty by our govt, I think you ought to consider the kind of weak God you're worshipping. Pick a better one.

1 Like

Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 25, 2013
musKeeto:

And when did God ever dwell in temples built by men? When did any GOD restrict himself to block and cement? A God that owns the earth? LOL...
Even Christians don't know how stupid they sound sometimes.

And btw, if GOD can allow bombs to blow in church and those same men are today being offered amnesty by our govt, I think you ought to consider the kind of weak God you're worshipping. Pick a better one.

Oh yes
Juju worshippers should come in at midnight and conduct their services too right after the ogboni fraternity from your warped reasoning

[size=18pt]The sort of people hailing this move by this pastor ought to be a clue [/size]
[size=18pt]When you have eediots hailing you,ought to retreat and do some serious thinking[/size]
Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 25, 2013
nwando:

Oh yes
Juju worshippers should come in at midnight and conduct their services too from your warped reasoning
Good. I noticed you didn't answer my question.

But you're the same people that will walk up to an old shrine and burn it down. Nonsense thinking. You don't have respect for other people's Gods, why should anyone have respect for yours?

- Does GOD dwell in brick and mortar structures?

1 Like

Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by tintingz(m): 11:46am On Apr 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

and okija juju believers hates God worshipers angry
Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by hikmoj(m): 11:47am On Apr 25, 2013
Okija_juju: Why would he allow terrorists into the Church?! angry

Has he forgotten the London Bombings so soon?!

He can only do this because in Christianity, they dont have the doctrine of Fatwa.

If a Muslim cleric dare opens up a Mosque for christians to pary inside, the mosque will be bombed, the Cleriac will have a bountiful Fatwa on his head and no Muslim will ever pray in that mosque again until its pulled down and rebuilt.

Muslims are not to be trusted.. They dont like any other religion and we all know it.. 85% of the conflicts in Africa & the middle east has to do with Islam.
if pot is cookin nobdy wil hear noise but wen morta&pestle want 2 finish d unfinisd work of pot,its den katakata go burst,many problem were startd by krstians but wen escalatd dey quikly bcom d pple of peace,somtimes ago a female krstian disguisd herself as a muslim&distrupt d worship goin on at U I campus mosque askin dem 2acept jesus,hot gospelers manytmes conered us at mosque pavemnt while perfomin ablution teling us 2acept jesus,manytimes krstians do preach in public&govt comercial vehichles to d xtent of insulting d prophet of islam dis one is of regular basis.manytimes i've falen victim 2 krstian's agresions.so u wana tel me dat kristians are 100% peacful.

1 Like

Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by iyoyofuturaya(m): 11:50am On Apr 25, 2013
We should learn to first and foremost see these moslems as people.the Holy book said 'Love thy neghbour as thyself. If we can do this, Strife and criss will come to an end.

It takes a revolutionary gesture such as allowing a moslem to pray in a church to bring about much needed change in this world. That the moslems accepted his kind offer speaks volumes of what a simple gesture of Love can do.

Those misguided moslems who engage in Jihad at the drop of a hat pursuing their owm personal agenda should borrow a leaf from this book.

More grease to your elbow and may both communities continue to find more areas for cooperation in Jesus name. Amen. God bless you all.

Please do not personalise issues. Insults do not help. Do onto others as you will want to be done onto you.

1 Like

Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by tintingz(m): 11:50am On Apr 25, 2013
Area_boy:
no bro.. that's not really fair. Every Muslim isnt a terrorist. The same logic goes with "some mods are fcktards.. does that mean all mods are fcktards?"

think abt it. I believe in you mate.. You've always held a high level and plenty wise words from you wink
even okija juju will never allow christians to clapp/worship in their shrine grin
Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by Lilimax(f): 11:55am On Apr 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

Other religion love and breeds terrorist shocked shocked
Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 25, 2013
deSika: one question for vedaxcool and others.

Can or will a muslims do this. allow christians hold a service in a mosque
(shirk things on ur mind)

question2: cann a church be allowed in saudi arabia
Now u believe u re a christian .........hell no.......cuz u judge urself based on what other people do.......

Do what God ask U to do not a retaliation or in retaliation to what other people do!!!

1 Like

Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by Paschal007: 12:01pm On Apr 25, 2013
vedaxcool: A priest who has allowed Muslims to pray in his church has told how he has been hit by a barrage of abuse by internet 'trolls'.

St John's Episcopal Church became the first church in the UK to share their building with Muslims after Rev Isaac Poobalan saw members of a neighbouring mosque praying outside in the snow because of a lack of space.

Hundred of Muslims now pray in the Aberdeen Church's main hall and chapel every week, but the news has not been well received by some Christians, who have taken to the church's Facebook page to blast the decision.

One user said that the church were "sharing Christ's table with Satan" before others another predicted a "flood" of Muslims moving to Aberdeen to convert the church into a mosque and said Rev Poobalan needed to be given the "boot" before it was too late.

Another posted: "I would leave this so called "church". Allah is Satan, and no God

"They (the church) have nothing to say about persecuted Christians, but invite Satan in.

"We are dealing with evil people that bow down to Allah and lost their belief in Jesus a long time ago.

"Allah has no son."

But Rev Poobalan said he would not sever his relationship with the nearby Crown Street Mosque.

He said: "I keep seeing these Facebook comments coming up on my email account, but I will not back down.

"We have developed a relationship with the mosque and we will not be breaking that up.

"These people have reacted spontaneously, but over time I hope they will change their minds.

"There is a huge religious cultural gap between the two, and if it takes time for them to be brought together then that's the way it is.

"With our media culture these days one can easily make comments and respond to things instantaneously, you just have to live with it."

One user even criticised Rev Poobalan for being a Good Samaritan to just be "liked" and said there was nothing "courageous" in his actions.

Rev Poobalan insisted he was not interested in a popularity contest.

He said: "What governed my human response was the Christian teaching 'love your neighbour as yourself' and that was honestly my first thought, 'I have to help them as a neighbour'.

"Jesus Christ wasn't one who wanted to be liked and I don't expect people to like me or the Church for what we do.

"We don't go into this blindly, we go into this knowingly and we don't go around trying to please people.

"It was simply a gut feeling to let them in after seeing someone in the cold praying and I believe that prayer is never wrong.

"There is nothing wrong with making them comfortable."
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/03/21/scottish-church-abused-after-allowing-muslims-in_n_2922783.html

Good gesture by the Priest. This is what Christianity is all about. Lets hope our muslims brothers and sisters returns the favor and stop blowing up Catholic Churches in Nigeria.

One quick question though. Do muslims face the Cross and statues of Mary in that Church when they bend their asses to worship allah? grin

2 Likes

Re: UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook by kwajahafiz(m): 12:04pm On Apr 25, 2013
And the man had good intent and all..
and invited these people in, and who soon afterwards called him and his flock heathens...
Then on a quite sunday day, one of these people, from the newly welcomed, and invited, strapped a bomb in his bossom...and detonated during church service,,killing himself and every one else. How dare he invite them in in this place covered with idols to worship thier God the bomber mused before unleasing the fury of his dreaded ware...what an insult?.

moral....he who chooses a cub lion for a pet, must remember that it will grow into a man eater.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rev. Yunusa Sabo Nmadu & Wife Welcome Twins After 25 Years Of Marriage / Understanding Mathematics Is Demonic For Primary School Children / 'I Support A Restructured Nigeria' - Pastor Bakare Addresses The Nation (speech)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.