Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe (1842 Views)

Yoruba Will Not Like This (pic) / Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 / Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by CallmeJKLUE(m): 12:25pm On Apr 24, 2013
The presidency, Tuesday described the official closure of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, as a political suicide on the part of the leaders and chieftains of the now rested party, saying that people of the southwest would not benefit from the merger.

According to the presidency, the Yoruba of the South West would not identify with the All Progressives Congress, APC, which the ACN dissolved into, because the only attachment with the party by the people of the region was its identity as a regional party.

Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, Dr Doyin Okupe, while reacting to the development said that it was certain the Yoruba would not vote for any party that has General Muhammadu Buhari as a presidential candidate.

According to him, “let me tell you something. ACN has died, that is by their convention and that is a political suicide for the ACN. You know ACN had no national relevance whatsoever. The only relevance they had was as a Yoruba party and they have now abandoned that, and speaking factually, they have just gone into abyss.

“So, for those who had regarded the ACN as their political outfit, what do they have to benefit from the alliance. What does an average Yoruba man have to benefit from APC or from a Buhari presidency.

“If Baba Adesanya was alive, would he have canvassed for Yoruba to vote for Buhari. So the ACN has just committed political suicide. I am not talking about personalities leading the party, I am talking about the party itself.

“The party’s only relevance in the Nigerian politics is that it was the outfit with which the Yoruba politics stood out. So since they have lost that garb, they have gone.”
Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by Lilimax(f): 12:29pm On Apr 24, 2013
I've never supported PDP as a party but for ACN to merge with CPC forming APC, I still have mixed feeling.
Making Buhari the flag bearer of APC will be suicidal. My opinion though.
Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by CallmeJKLUE(m): 12:35pm On Apr 24, 2013
Lilimax: I've never supported PDP as a party but for ACN to merge with CPC forming APC, I still have mixed feeling.
Making Buhari the flag bearer of APC will be suicidal. My opinion though.
true, if they want nigerians to bliv in that party as tinubu claimed then they must not give buhari the presidential ticket......the time of buhari has passed.
Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by Gbawe: 12:52pm On Apr 24, 2013
Sad and very desperate Presidency. They have tried everything and now deep frustration is setting in. The new tactics is to whip up ethnic sentiments after all efforts to prevent the formation of the mergers has failed. Let GEJ and all his mercenary simply accept that we are under the last undeserving and accidental President to lead Nigeria. It is time we joined other Nation who have enshrined a culture of having only proven performers in positions of ultimate power and not a recluse like Yar Adua or abject career mediocrities and dishonest individuals like GEJ, David Mark et al.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by Standing5(m): 1:19pm On Apr 24, 2013
The ruling PDP really need to take a rest and strategize on what to do and to go about it. It is not all about pulling your rivals down all the time, today we have ACN all over the south west because the PDP was fumbling if care is not taken PDP will lose other statements to these so called regional and tribal parties like they did in the south west.
Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by Emusan(m): 1:29pm On Apr 24, 2013
With due respect Sir, incase you're a nairalander and reading my post. Confuse me more to know maybe I'll cast my vote for APC or not to vote for anyone at all.
Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by mandarin: 1:33pm On Apr 24, 2013
How much has the Yoruba benefited from Jonathan administration more than ethnic drums and perceived desire to change industries where Yoruba people are dominant? I do not believe APC will ever present either Tinubu or Buhari in 2015 and even if they do who says PDP will win? I wish Nigeria were not a country of this kind but in the situation we found ourselves I think any change will suffice.
Obviously, Buhari had assasinated his own figure and presented himself as a northern Islamist but there are many young candidates that can do the job. The oshiomoles,Fasholas, Tambuwals etc can do the work while there are many technocrats that can. If personal ambition of Buhari would not truncate the merger its a good bet against Jonathan!
Or what are the likely achievements of President Jonathan sef? economic growth without opportunities,no one has been tried and convicted on corrupt charges, ballooned oil theft, hugely compromised security and a compromised approach to Boko Haram menace, the entire cabinet including Madame Harvard(Okonjo) are confused and world Bank's tomb prints cannot do the magic or what does she knows about small scale farming first hand, was she taught anything like that in MIT?
I do not belong to APC but I see everything from economic benefit point of view and I will never be bought into any cheap ethnic bigotry, AN ALTERNATIVE TO ALL NIGERIA'S CRAWLING economy is needed and must be achieved.
I just pity the present cheap town criers who want to tell the people what to believe, we are not blind men, we also visit places, we are no bush people here mscheeeew!

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by funnyx(m): 1:40pm On Apr 24, 2013
Desperadoes grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:49pm On Apr 24, 2013
Jonathan, the only problem am having with PDP is d way they spend our money unnecessarily, and the way u guys thinks we are all fool.
I think u shld leave the talk, and act on making an impact.
IMO, PDP will be dying!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 24, 2013
GBAM
Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by tomakint: 3:26pm On Apr 24, 2013
Standing5: The ruling PDP really need to take a rest and strategize on what to do and to go about it. It is not all about pulling your rivals down all the time, today we have ACN all over the south west because the PDP was fumbling if care is not taken PDP will lose other statements to these so called regional and tribal parties like they did in the south west.
You may not want to believe this gospel truth but you are free to quote me when it will eventually happen, ACN will never regain Ondo State (I am talking as a son of the soil, so don't even go there), Oyo and Ekiti will likely lose their gubernatorial seats to the opposition party (probably PDP)! You can quote me cool
Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by tubolancer(m): 3:34pm On Apr 24, 2013
tomakint:
You may not want to believe this gospel truth but you are free to quote me when it will eventually happen, ACN will never regain Ondo State (I am talking as a son of the soil, so don't even go there), Oyo and Ekiti will likely lose their gubernatorial seats to the opposition party (probably PDP)! You can quote me cool
so you are the son of the soil in ekiti and oyo state right.
Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by tomakint: 3:36pm On Apr 24, 2013
tubolancer: so you are the son of the soil in ekiti and oyo state right.
Go back to school if you can't understand the simple sentence I constructed up there undecided

1 Like

Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by OmoTier1(m): 6:46pm On Apr 24, 2013
tomakint:
Stupid comment from a day dreamer.... better go get some wisdom undecided

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by Gbawe: 7:43pm On Apr 24, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

Most people know not to tak this tomakint character seriously. If he is a "son of the soil" from Ondo or even from the South West then I am Roman Abramovich. He says "ACN will never regain Ondo State" , abeg help me ask "son of the soil" when ACN led Ondo in the past as he implies.

We have them all here. Grown azz old men of 50 pretending to be 19. Male posters pretending to be female. Yahoo-yahoo boys pretending to be "Billionaires". Factory cleaners pretending to own the factory. Folks attending basic literacy classes pretending to be studying for a Masters degree. Morons not from the SW calling themselves Akin-Egba and such nonsense. Always easy and amusing to see through the jokers and losers here.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by Tigerhead: 7:54pm On Apr 24, 2013
Gbawe:

Most people know not to tak this tomakint character seriously. If he is a "son of the soil" from Ondo or even from the South West then I am Roman Abramovich. He says "ACN will never regain Ondo State" , abeg help me ask "son of the soil" when ACN led Ondo in the past as he implies.

We have them all here. Grown azz old men of 50 pretending to be 19. Male posters pretending to be female. Yahoo-yahoo boys pretending to be "Billionaires". Factory cleaners pretending to own the factory. Folks attending basic literacy classes pretending to be studying for a Masters degree. Morons not from the SW calling themselves Akin-Egba and such nonsense. Always easy and amusing to see through the jokers and losers here.

Gbawe, I am impressed. I never thought you would be so honest in a self portrait. Bravo

1 Like

Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by funnyx(m): 8:18pm On Apr 24, 2013
Gbawe:

Exactly! So many funny characters on NL
Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by eggheaders(m): 8:32pm On Apr 24, 2013
tomakint:

hey blockhead do you think anyone here take you serious anymore.with your chronic multiple personality disorder triggered by complicated inferiority complex syndrome.hey dimwits south west is moving ahead and we dread those dark days of alao akala,gbenga daniel and other failures your assemblage of nest of killers gat to offer.least I forget stop saying shyte about the politics of the south west,cause you are so dumb about that subject matter.go figure out the mad crisis in the pdp in south west first before thinking of upstaging the acn that has outshined the pdp era in manifolds.enough said to the omo-ale of the house.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by tomakint: 8:47pm On Apr 24, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
You are not even fit to be called a day dreamer because you don't even dreams undecided I hope you will not develop hypertension over my predictions, like I said earlier, you can quote me cool
Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by eggheaders(m): 8:54pm On Apr 24, 2013
tomakint:
You are not even fit to be called a day dreamer because you don't even dreams undecided I hope you will not develop hypertension over my predictions, like I said earlier, you can quote me cool

hypertension,even labour party and accord are more relevant in the south west than your papa decieve pikin apostles.fool go wancker off your stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by tomakint: 9:05pm On Apr 24, 2013
Gbawe:

Egbon or is it Baba Agba don't take nairaland too serious, this is too dangerous for your old age, you may even be the Akin-Agba of your village na you sabi, the Sango suna of Yorubaland na your fault be that, or the Arole of Oduduwa it is none of my business, my problem is the way you now lump every debates here on your head as if your life depends on it is what makes me laugh! No one takes you serious here stop living in that cocoon you have spun around your sorry alive afterall, Onatisi has said more than enough about you just bury your head and move on! politics is not a do or die affair Mr Oduduwa shocked shocked
Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by eggheaders(m): 9:10pm On Apr 24, 2013
and tomfoolery is so scared of the eggheaders.definitely am making someone pee in his geran boxers right now.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by Gbawe: 9:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
tomakint:
Egbon or is it Baba Agba don't take nairaland too serious, this is too dangerous for your old age, you may even be the Akin-Agba of your village na you sabi, the Sango suna of Yorubaland na your fault be that, or the Arole of Oduduwa it is none of my business, my problem is the way you now lump every debates here on your head as if your life depends on it is what makes me laugh! No one takes you serious here stop living in that cocoon you have spun around your sorry alive afterall, Onatisi has said more than enough about you just bury your head and move on! politics is not a do or die affair Mr Odududwa shocked shocked

You are quoting Onatisi the liar who is a yahoo-yahoo hustler ,plus pathetic beggar, in Accra and the sort giving Nigerians a bad rep in that Country? Anyway, birds of a feather flock together. He is a "young man" and you are a "son of the soil" from Ondo. Two highly transparent cretins and sad fools who think others don't see through their obvious lies. All these fraudsters sef. We can only blame cheap broadband that allows you losers to be here deceiving yourselves pitifully.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by tomakint: 9:24pm On Apr 24, 2013
Gbawe:

You are quoting Onatisi the liar who is a yahoo-yahoo hustler in Accra and the sort giving Nigerians a bad rep in that Country? Anyway, birds of a feather flock together. He is a "young man" and you are a "son of the soil" from Ondo. Two highly transparent cretins and sad fools who think others don't see through their obvious lies.
it takes a yahoo-yahoo hustler to know another and a liar to know another liar undecided I am not a wizard like you and your ilks whose nefarious jobs here is to know who is a Yoruba, urhobo, Igbo and the likes, as if Nairaland is one parapo place shocked shocked shocked all I know is that Onatisi made some valid points and took your grey hair to the cleaners on that other thread cheesy cheesy cheesy you can quote for all you like it is none of my business undecided I thought you can respect your old age here but since you choose to disrespect that, I got no choice! All I am telling you Sir, ACN will lose in those aforementioned states I earlier told you about and don't forget, you can quote me!
Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by eggheaders(m): 9:30pm On Apr 24, 2013
Gbawe:

You are quoting Onatisi the liar who is a yahoo-yahoo hustler ,plus pathetic beggar, in Accra and the sort giving Nigerians a bad rep in that Country? Anyway, birds of a feather flock together. He is a "young man" and you are a "son of the soil" from Ondo. Two highly transparent cretins and sad fools who think others don't see through their obvious lies. All these fraudsters sef. We can only blame cheap broadband that allows you losers to be here deceiving yourselves pitifully.

damn!!!bros you just gave that son of the dog.a samuel Peter like fat eye.the fool thinks we haven't bursted all is sick lies.were agba of nairaland,he fears me so much he cried to the mods on the way I torment him daily on this forum.and making is already miserable life more miserable.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by tomakint: 9:37pm On Apr 24, 2013
Viewing this topic: funnyx(m), Gbawe and 1 guest(s)

Egbon Gbawe, you have been peeping from that hole for the past 15 mins no comment se ko si n kan, please I am enjoying your "words of wisdom" cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by eggheaders(m): 9:42pm On Apr 24, 2013
tomakint:

Egbon Gbawe, you have been peeping from that hole for the past 15 mins no comment se ko si n kan, please I am enjoying your "words of wisdom" cheesy cheesy cheesy

and you idiot sissy is so scared of the eggheaders too like am a kind of idi amin.loads of verbose giving you seizure shey.if you know you are not an omo ale defend your crow crow infested black a55.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by Gbawe: 9:43pm On Apr 24, 2013
tomakint:

What a 'thicko'. If I have been on this thread for 15 minutes how would you know that unless you have been here all that time too? Obsessive Mumu. Eggheaders is obviously correct to accuse you of being a pathetic stalker. All the cheap drugs you are on may make you think anyone is buying your "son of the soil" crap but I would change dealer if I were you because the crap you are currently ingesting only helps you make a fool of yourself here daily.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by tomakint: 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2013
Gbawe:

What a 'thicko'. If I have been on this thread for 15 minutes how would you know that unless you have been here all that time too? Obsessive Mumu. Eggheaders is obviously correct to accuse you of being a pathetic stalker. All the cheap drugs you are on may make you think anyone is buying your "son of the soil" crap but I would change dealer if I were you because the crap you are currently ingesting only helps you make a fool of yourself here daily.
Egbon abeg no kill me with laff here, indeed Onatisi was right about you smiley point of correction if you are in same camp with that boy called 'airhead' I am afraid you have just lost the remaining 'respect' I still got for you undecided He is needed here as a troll, since no one is engaging him any longer! As for you Gbawe, I need more of your words of wisdom! cheesy
Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by skyfall: 9:56pm On Apr 24, 2013
Who let this Okugbe pig out of the sty to start making this howling noise about APC? We'll change his name from attack dog to attack pig.

I thought you said APC is a failure, how come your obsession with them? Agbaya, ole, alainitiju, alatenuje, wombia, onijekuje. Idiota of the highest order.
Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by eggheaders(m): 9:56pm On Apr 24, 2013
tomakint:
Egbon abeg no kill me with laff here, indeed Onatisi was right about you smiley point of correction if you are in same camp with that boy called 'airhead' I am afraid you have just lost the remaining 'respect' I still got for you undecided He is needed here as a troll, since no one is engaging him any longer! As for you Gbawe, I need more of your words of wisdom! cheesy

may sango rip your bowel to piece for the shyte your just typed up there.if you are not a fool that you really are.why were you begging the mods yesterday and crying to them to save you from the psychology pain I have been causing you.were if you are not afraid of me.why you stomaching the insult and ignoring all the insult like a sissy.son of the soil indeed.omo Yoruba o kin lo ile lo agba esi.omo ale ni iwo yi.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba's Will Not Benefit From APC Or Buhari As President - Okupe by Gbawe: 10:02pm On Apr 24, 2013
tomakint:

Are you in love with Onatisi? You keep mentioning him in a show of how you obsess over personalities. Anyway, ask your jobless hustler hero to get a job opening the door at Papaye, Frankies or Chicken Republic instead of waylaying diners at Nigerian eateries in Accra with his begging antics.

As for you, fraud is second nature to you anyway so I don't expect you to appreciate that one of the first sign of deceit 101 is how Nigerian fraudsters go around calling others younger than them "egbon, oga mi, alaye, director, chairman" et al. If you are a person who is honest and conduct yourself as such, why on earth would you call anonymous folks "egbon" on a faceless forum? Folks like you only succeed showing your fraudulent mentality with every utterance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Picture Tweeted Around About Sekau May Not Be Sekau's / One Of The 50 Toyota Corolla Cars Donated By Hon.Ifeanyichukwu Ibezi Pictures / Why So Many Koreans Are Called "Kim"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.