Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC (10853 Views)

Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC / PDP Jubilates Over Defection Of Ben Ayade In Cross River / APC Reacts To Defection Of 15 Senators, 36 House Of Reps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by AnonPoet: 12:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
One of the prominent politicians in Imo state, Chief Sam Ejiogu, popularly known as Akaraka, has said that credit should be given to multi billionaire businessman, Myke Ikoku whom he said facilitated the mass defection of former Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, members into the All Progressive Congress, APC, in Imo state. Akaraka said the defected members had gone into several meetings at the instance of Ikoku where they were lobbied into the progressive’s family.

Recall that on Thursday last week, former Chairman of Imo PDP, Chief Barr Charles Babatunde Ezekwem and eleven other former state working Committee members of PDP, two former South-East Zonal officers of PDP, 12 former LGA Chairmen of PDP among other leaders defected to the APC. This was described as a welcome development by progressive’s party members hence, the insistence by Akaraka that credit be given to Ikoku.

In a chat, Chief Akaraka revealed that the credit of the success of the defection should go directly to no other person than Evang Myke Ikoku whom he said effected the defection but decided to be behind the scene. Chief Akaraka thanked Myke Ikoku and Chief Rex Anunobi (Sokom) “for all their efforts and several meetings they called that finally led to the actualisation of the defection that took place on Thursday at the APC office, Owerri” which he said started since late February this year, adding that “Evang Ikoku has actually demonstrated that he is a go-getter and a man who loves Governor Hope Uzodinma and wants his government to succeed.” He said the defection has given a defeating blow to the PDP in the state, noting that “henceforth, nobody can take him for a ride in Imo state politics.” “I want to personally thank Evang. Myke Ikoku and Bar Rex Anunobi for a job well done,” he said.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/06/akaraka-commends-myke-ikoku-over-defection-of-pdp-members-to-apc/

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by PureGoldh(m): 12:48pm On Jun 01, 2020
Hmm....Na dem Dem..(same set of people) jumping from Pillar to post

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by HQuadreal: 12:48pm On Jun 01, 2020
Same thieves...

3 Likes

Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by Ladiesdoctor(m): 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
Actually I did not read the post but I think the girl
has no right to beat up her boyfriend in public.
Maybe they should report the matter to their
village elders but if the neighbour refuse to pay
his rent they should just kill the landlord and
forget about the missing car.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by oluwaseyi0: 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
B
Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by bayotwice(f): 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
sad

1 Like

Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by YorubaKinging: 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
FG reduces fuel price to 121 naira

Foolish leaders

3 Likes

Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by bayotwice(f): 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
;Dg
Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by revived: 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by Lorenzop: 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
Same thieves changing location to continue looting. Shameless lot

3 Likes

Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by affable4(m): 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
Welcome to Nigeria where affiliation to a political party is not based on ideology or policies, but based on how to share the cake.

Person wey hold palm fronds na him goat dey follow.

3 Likes

Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by INTEGRITYA1(m): 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
They've started again. Cross carpeting here and there.
2020 shall comply no matter what.
Happy new month to us all.

2 Likes

Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by revived: 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
Ladiesdoctor:

grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by sanemind2(m): 12:50pm On Jun 01, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by mclorenzo(m): 12:50pm On Jun 01, 2020
Political oloshos jumping from one party to another

4 Likes

Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by Ogagawhite(f): 12:50pm On Jun 01, 2020
Cross the carpet or carpet cross you

2 Likes

Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:52pm On Jun 01, 2020
Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by Iyiataata92: 12:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
Ladiesdoctor:
Just go and settle the matter privately and stop bringing it to Nairaland
Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by Obynolee(f): 12:59pm On Jun 01, 2020
Ladiesdoctor:

Na weed cause am
Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by Confirmedzombie: 12:59pm On Jun 01, 2020
Come 2023 all south east states will become APC states.

Igbos have learnt their lessons and are now playing good politics.

Igbos are not igbos but imported Jews and Igbos are minorities in igbo land.

Nobody can ever associate with Igbos pigs and idiots.

I salute my igbo brothers for embracing CHANGE.

God bless Tinubu the nightmare and destroyer of Igbos

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by Ladiesdoctor(m): 1:00pm On Jun 01, 2020
That one no concern me. My concern is, long
ago. I usually disturb my neighbour by
pressing their bell and run away. Till it got
faulty and i touched it and it shocked
me.
I decided, it will not be only me that will get
the electric shock . So I called my short
friend Abu to press the bell . His hands was
not able to reach the bell, so I carried him
up, both of us receive the shocking of our
life. Hmmmm.
What happened that day change my life.
Since then I have never touch anything bell
again... Cowbell, door bell, churcbell, house
bell, school bell, even jingle bell jingle bell...
Don't sing it please. I don't even like the
name, Abel, Anabel, Mabel, Mirabel and
Christabel.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by AllenSpencer: 1:02pm On Jun 01, 2020
Ihedioha will need to see his doctors

Can imagine the high blood pressure running through him now

Same people that praised him have abandoned him

1 Like

Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by senatordave1(m): 1:04pm On Jun 01, 2020
Nosryk and maestroferddi won't like this
Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 01, 2020
This op above me sha
Check link in my signature to start making up to 2k daily
Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by DonFreshmoney(m): 1:06pm On Jun 01, 2020
Multi billionaire for him village right? I dont know Myke Ikoku.. he is incosequential
Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by popesco123: 1:08pm On Jun 01, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
Come 2023 all south east states will become APC states.

Igbos have learnt their lessons and are now playing good politics.

Igbos are not igbos but imported Jews and Igbos are minorities in igbo land.

Nobody can ever associate with Igbos pigs and idiots.

I salute my igbo brothers for embracing CHANGE.

God bless Tinubu the nightmare and destroyer of Igbos
you just advertised your sheer lunacy. Keep on wallowing in incivility.
Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by Roon9(m): 1:14pm On Jun 01, 2020
Hmm
Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by OKTolu: 1:22pm On Jun 01, 2020
Confused politicians jumping from one party to another just for personal interest
Re: Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC by Pheelz2020(m): 1:25pm On Jun 01, 2020
bikonu; i will brand ur biz for as low as 2k
logo,post card, 3d text and video ads animation, google,youtube ads etc.

PureGoldh:
Hmm....Na dem Dem..(same set of people) jumping from Pillar to post

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Youths To Benefit More From Sanwo-olu’s Reelection – Aregbe / Obasanjo To Jonathan: Don’t Remove Subsidy / Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.