Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,777 members, 7,820,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom (6739 Views)

Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota / David Mark Campaign Rice, Salt Flood Otukpo, To Construct Four Roads Before Xmas / President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by mojounited(m): 2:37am On Apr 25, 2013
Exxonmobil Signs Agreement On 500MW Power Plant

Ejiofor Alike, ThisDay, 24 Apr 2013

Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN), operator of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and MPN Joint Venture, has signed a Seller’s Representative Agreement (SRA) for the Qua Iboe Power Project, located at Mobil’s Qua Iboe terminal in Akwa Ibom State. The proposed power project includes the construction of a 500megawatt-capacity power plant as well as a 56-kilometre transmission line connecting the plant to the national grid at Ikot Abasi, also in the state.

MPN’s General Manager in charge of Public and Government Affairs, Mr. Paul Arinze, said in a statement last night that the signing of the SRA was “a critical part of the overall commercial framework that enables MPN to undertake power activities and facilitates the sale of power by MPN to Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trading Plc for itself and on behalf of the NNPC.” Also speaking on the agreement, the Managing Director of Mobil Producing Nigeria, Mr. Mark Ward, said the project “is a tangible demonstration of MPN’s commitment to Nigeria and supports the president’s priority of providing electricity to the country.”

According to the statement, Front End Engineering Design (FEED) and Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) for the project had been concluded, while commercial tenders for Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) were near completion. Mobil Producing Nigeria awarded the Front End Engineering Design contract for the project in September 2009 and performed the ground-breaking in March 2010.

FEED is the conceptual process of development and design for large industrial projects such as power plants.
The Power Plant will provide 330kV export power to the national grid.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/exxonmobil-signs-agreement-on-500mw-power-plant/145807/

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by mojounited(m): 2:40am On Apr 25, 2013
With the rate at which electrical infrastructure is pursued and developed, I think it's only going to be a matter of time.... But then, how soon?

2 Likes

Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by taharqa: 8:34am On Apr 25, 2013
Good.... The Reforms of d Regulatory and Business Environment that d President hv bn pursuing since 2010 (with the setting up of such Crucial Agencies as d Bulk Trader, Gas Aggregator, NERC, etc) are now yielding fruits, very good fruits that is. And this is just one of d start of what wud be a VERY DIFF Electricity Sector in Nigeria going forward. We just hv to continue on dis Path we are in as far as Power is concernd..

6 Likes

Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by joshuaidibia(m): 8:49am On Apr 25, 2013
power PLANT? Lol. Same old shit!
Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 25, 2013
Fresh Air!
Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Kjking(m): 8:53am On Apr 25, 2013
mojounited: Exxonmobil Signs Agreement On 500MW Power Plant

Ejiofor Alike, ThisDay, 24 Apr 2013

Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN), operator of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and MPN Joint Venture, has signed a Seller’s Representative Agreement (SRA) for the Qua Iboe Power Project, located at Mobil’s Qua Iboe terminal in Akwa Ibom State. The proposed power project includes the construction of a 500megawatt-capacity power plant as well as a 56-kilometre transmission line connecting the plant to the national grid at Ikot Abasi, also in the state.

MPN’s General Manager in charge of Public and Government Affairs, Mr. Paul Arinze, said in a statement last night that the signing of the SRA was “a critical part of the overall commercial framework that enables MPN to undertake power activities and facilitates the sale of power by MPN to Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trading Plc for itself and on behalf of the NNPC.” Also speaking on the agreement, the Managing Director of Mobil Producing Nigeria, Mr. Mark Ward, said the project “is a tangible demonstration of MPN’s commitment to Nigeria and supports the president’s priority of providing electricity to the country.”

According to the statement, Front End Engineering Design (FEED) and Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) for the project had been concluded, while commercial tenders for Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) were near completion. Mobil Producing Nigeria awarded the Front End Engineering Design contract for the project in September 2009 and performed the ground-breaking in March 2010.

FEED is the conceptual process of development and design for large industrial projects such as power plants.
The Power Plant will provide 330kV export power to the national grid.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/exxonmobil-signs-agreement-on-500mw-power-plant/145807/
i just cant wait to see constant power supply in akwa ibom, good job MPN

2 Likes

Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 25, 2013
Constant power is possible in nigeria...d only problem is corruption....There are places in Nigeria where power supply is constant for 24hrs even when there is power outage in Aso rock (Bonny nlng base, IEPL, etc). It's a gd tin they are involving the multinationals now cos they are real business men who don't do business on credit
Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Sibrah: 8:59am On Apr 25, 2013
taharqa: Good.... The Reforms of d Regulatory and Business Environment that d President hv bn pursuing since 2010 (with the setting up of such Crucial Agencies as d Bulk Trader, Gas Aggregator, NERC, etc) are now yielding fruits, very good fruits that is. And this is just one of d start of what wud be a VERY DIFF Electricity Sector in Nigeria going forward. We just hv to continue on dis Path we are in as far as Power is concernd..
Summarize it all in one sentense and just say "Jona made it happen" . . . It is understandable.
Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by PECO4KING(m): 9:07am On Apr 25, 2013
Na wash.
Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:15am On Apr 25, 2013
When Mobil promise, they deliver.
Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 25, 2013
Let the competition begin, the first state or region to have 247 electricity will host Billyonaire!
Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:19am On Apr 25, 2013
let me guess, this still has to go to the national grid abi?

bunch of Bleep-heads

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by dukesmith(m): 9:24am On Apr 25, 2013
Yeah... Credible moves and a competent company... Thumps up. Nigeria go better... Bleep them haters.
Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by strangest(m): 9:26am On Apr 25, 2013
joshua idibia: power PLANT? Lol. Same old shit!

Why don't you take your poo somewhere else... GEJ is working though...
Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Noblechyk: 10:14am On Apr 25, 2013
We 'll surely get there.
Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by awodman: 10:38am On Apr 25, 2013
This signing of seller's representative with the Nigerian
bult trader company is a testament that the bulk trader
has swung into action.

For those familiar with this contract,it was first awarded
far back in 2009 but was stalled because the regulatory
and market environment was uncertain.

Good development

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 25, 2013
I'm surely voting for JONATHAN ma name sake come 2015. He's good

3 Likes

Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by mrjingles(m): 11:55am On Apr 25, 2013
This thread is not active, I wonder why.....
Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by iyoyofuturaya(m): 12:08pm On Apr 25, 2013
Good news
Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by awodman: 12:26pm On Apr 25, 2013
mrjingles: This thread is not active, I wonder why.....
Its not a bad news..,either does it give room ƒσя bashing GEJ
Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by tempest01(m): 12:36pm On Apr 25, 2013
Lets do a critical thinking here. Is this national grid thing not the bane of power development in the country? Why not harness resources according to regions? According to geography....why can't the coal mines power the east? The natural gas power the south and west, the north, hydro electric and solar.....since the resources are in place, there will be little or no decline. Maybe the national grid can still stay for back up, but each region should have its own supply capability...which is now easier to manage.

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by BarryX(m): 12:42pm On Apr 25, 2013
This thread is not active even when in the FP because for a fact Nigerians are f*king tired of popular cliches like '' to construct'', to enact, to implement, is working, setting up' . The present continuous tense constantly used has never turned to past tense. The only popular past tense used ''revenue shared'', oil produced'. Nigerians are just tired.

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Novice1(m): 1:09pm On Apr 25, 2013
Why is always " FG to do this, Mobil will do that"? and Never "FG has launched this, fg has finished that"?

MArk my words, the project will be on paper in the next 5 yrs.

If it is the Exxonmobil I know, the only projects they give priority are ones which involve accelerating oil exploitation.
The know our people are corrupt, so they know how to promise and drag their feet, while oil extraction goes on 24/7.
Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Ozonna(m): 1:26pm On Apr 25, 2013
Novice1: Why is always " FG to do this, Mobil will do that"? and Never "FG has launched this, fg has finished that"?

MArk my words, the project will be on paper in the next 5 yrs.

If it is the Exxonmobil I know, the only projects they give priority are ones which involve accelerating oil exploitation.
The know our people are corrupt, so they know how to promise and drag their feet, while oil extraction goes on 24/7.

Your Evil decree is cancelled by fire angry

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 25, 2013
same song and dance.
the independent power plant that was proposed and started by the obong victor Attah admistration has become one of the fairy tales we would tell our kids yet unborn... now this is another story.
and by the way, why is mobil putting up an advertisement that is opened up to mostly their workers? why dont they just transfer the workers to the new site than wasting our dear time and internet bandwidths.
Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Smooyis(m): 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2013
Enough of story. We need stable electric power!
Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by GeneralJ(m): 2:06pm On Apr 25, 2013
I don't care about news like this, all i want to see is 24/7 ligt then jonathan gets my vote
Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by awodman: 2:20pm On Apr 25, 2013
GeneralJ: I don't care about news like this, all i want to see is 24/7 ligt then jonathan gets my vote
But it is things like this that bring the 24/7 electricity or does it come by a wave of hand?
Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Novice1(m): 2:29pm On Apr 25, 2013
Ozonna:

Your Evil decree is cancelled by fire angry

It is not an evil decree.

It is just the nature of the way things are done in Nigeria. Check out all the previous promises of jonathan and preceding governments.

And your fire? Well, your interpretation of my statement says it all: you are a delusional zombie.
Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by awodman: 3:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
Novice1:

It is not an evil decree.

It is just the nature of the way things are done in Nigeria. Check out all the previous promises of jonathan and preceding governments.

And your fire? Well, your interpretation of my statement says it all: you are a delusional zombie.
Maybe you can help us by listing power projects this FG has promised to deliver and point out those that have not been delivered
Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 25, 2013
When will it be call power harvest?
Re: Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by ujoinme: 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2013
Good news ! 500 MW mobil + 191MW currently generated from ibom power plant ,which the state govt is planning to increase to 580 MW by 2014. Akwa ibom will be generating and contributing 1080 MW to the national grid thats really great.
My two cents is that more power generation companies should be built in akwa ibom / gas rich areas considering their vast gas reserves insitu which will not require piping gas over a long distance that increases the cost of power generation.
I just dont get the idea of the federal govt NIPP plant in places with no available gas reserve that now requires another huge investment in running gas pipeline to its location! what a waste.

(1) (2) (Reply)

At Least Five Countries Will Come Into Existence If Nigeria Is Divided / Shoprite Sales Girl, Arrested For Stealing Over 500 Million Naira With Her POS / East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.