Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,724 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. (10176 Views)

Revalidation Of Tinted Permit, Firearms Licence Begins Today / Terrorism: IGP Bans Illegal Use Of Tinted Glasses, Sirens, Others / Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:30pm On Apr 26, 2013
Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Factory Tinted Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate.

A bill seeking to stop the Nigeria Police, Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) and other security agencies from harassing people who use vehicles with factory fitted tinted glasses passes the crucial second reading on the floor of the Senate on Wednesday.

The sponsor of the bill, Senator Ita Enang (Akwa Ibom North East), said initiating the bill had become imperative in view of the incessant harassment of motorists who use tinted glasses, saying if the security agencies do not want Nigerians to use vehicles with tinted glasses, the best they can do is to completely prohibit the entry of such vehicles into the country.

According to Enang, it falls short of reason to ask persons who buy tinted glasses to go and remove them when it is common knowledge that the factory which produced such vehicles do not exist in Nigeria.
He also faulted the move by the police to compel people to obtain permit before they can use their vehicles with tinted glasses.

Senator Enang, who is the Chairman, Rules and Business in the Senate, added that whereas the police always claimed that obtaining permission for the use of tinted glasses was free, such claim existed only on the pages of newspapers as persons who sought such permission reported that they were given various charges ranging from N10,000 and above.

He also queried the custody of the charges for tinted glasses’ permit, wondering who are the custodians of the money and the treasury where the money is kept as he, insisted that it was wrong for the police authorities to perpetrate the attitude of exploiting Nigerians without any legal basis.

There has been a running battle between motorists and the Nigeria Police over the use of vehicles with tinted glasses in Nigeria since 2008 resulting in a continuous clampdown on the former over the development.

Only the president, vice-president, governors, Senate President, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Deputy Senate President and the majority leader are allowed to use tinted glasses in the country.

The police said the need to ban the use of tinted glasses in the country had become necessary in view of the increasing state of insecurity in the country.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/04/24/bill-seeking-to-unban-use-of-factory-tinted-glass-passes-second-reading-in-senate/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

4 Likes

Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by talktimi(m): 11:52pm On Apr 26, 2013
So there was even a ban on factory tinted glasses sef ? These naija police authorities never cease to exhibit the effects of using pounded yam mentality to formulate policies. undecided
Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by Scarpon(m): 12:00am On Apr 27, 2013
I think who ever wanna leave a luxury life should have a luxury bill to pay
Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by magaliyu(f): 1:21am On Apr 27, 2013
The big men and the big boys constitute 90% of the factory tinted cars driven on the nigerian road the criminals only carmouflage with the big thiefs to get there daily bread while the big crooks on the highway take advantage of the situation to harass and extort money from the big guys making the big men to put a stop to the big mess. what a pity.

4 Likes

Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:49am On Apr 27, 2013
magaliyu: The big men and the big boys constitute 90% of the factory tinted cars driven on the nigerian road the criminals only carmouflage with the big thiefs to get there daily bread while the big crooks on the highway take advantage of the situation to harass and extort money from the big guys making the big men to put a stop to the big mess. what a pity.

Abi u be MI? grin

3 Likes

Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by gerrardomendes(m): 7:15am On Apr 27, 2013
talktimi: So there was even a ban on factory tinted glasses sef ? These naija police authorities never cease to exhibit the effects of using pounded yam mentality to formulate policies. undecided
i no blame u. i blame NEPA
Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by talktimi(m): 7:44am On Apr 27, 2013
gerrardomendes:
i no blame u. i blame NEPA
I no talk say I dey find person to blame me before o, police embarrass me early last year because of tinted wey I put on my former tuketuke I no know say dem carry am join my new japanese with factory fitted although I've been hearin whispers lately in the news I thought it was still for those manually tinted cars undecided
Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by Clerverly: 7:55am On Apr 27, 2013
I went to obtain the so-called permit yesterday for my 4Runner( which was the state the car came in to the country anyway), only to be asked to cough out 16k for the permit which i bluntly refused to pay. I think this clampdown on factory fitted tinted glasses is very abnormal. The senate should call this Inspector General of police to order before his men turn car owners to ATM machine tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 27, 2013
Scarpon: I think who ever wanna leave a luxury life should have a luxury bill to pay
Apparently, you need to pay for the luxury to use your brain. Here, take a few naira bills.

10 Likes

Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by Akpaife(m): 10:13am On Apr 27, 2013
I tin d bil should throw out n look 4 sometin reasonable 2 talk abt wht nt talk abt bill of death penalty 4 corruption

Clik like if am saying d truth

4 Likes

Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 27, 2013
Clerverly: I think this clampdown on factory fitted tinted glasses is very abnormal
It's not only abnormal, it's criminal and only shows the mental imbalance of the IG. Cutting off head to cure headaches.

3 Likes

Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by Clerverly: 10:27am On Apr 27, 2013
fresh_dude: It's not only abnormal, it's criminal and only shows the mental imbalance of the IG. Cutting off head to cure headaches.

The most annoying thing, is that i am into car-leasing, so i use mostly 4-Runner (2000 models) and all came with factory fitted tinted glasses that are very visible to an ordinary eyes, yet the police have turned my drivers to ATM machines. We spend an average of 5k everyday in tipping them off. Now they are expecting me to pay over 200k in obtaining a piece of paper to cover the cars. Which kind country be this sef angry angry angry angry
Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by miqos02(m): 10:32am On Apr 27, 2013
i think its better to tax people with tinted glasses rather than outlawing the use
Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 27, 2013
grin
Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 27, 2013
miqos02: i think its better to tax people with tinted glasses rather than outlawing the use
Are you serious? What's it going to be called, UV Protection Device Tax?

2 Likes

Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by gerald09(m): 10:44am On Apr 27, 2013
Police is your friend (syke!) Since they ban road block the police used dis mean to make dem loses. 80% of the police are illiterate tellin dem no more tinted glass n giving dem weapons its like giving candy to a kid, they will go hyper.

2 Likes

Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by Burger01(m): 10:53am On Apr 27, 2013
Akpa ife: I tin d bil should throw out n look 4 sometin reasonable 2 talk abt wht nt talk abt bill of death penalty 4 corruption

Clik like if am saying d truth

Dislike.. I don't think the bill should affect someone like you that don't have and own a tinted vehicle. Let those of us that have have the right to protest against such exploitation by the police. I will not obtain a permit and I will stand my grounds..

sad

2 Likes

Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by cecidore: 11:12am On Apr 27, 2013
sounds like bad belle. What's luxirious about tinted glasses on vehicles angry?
Scarpon: I think who ever wanna leave a luxury life should have a luxury bill to pay

3 Likes

Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 27, 2013
Clerverly:

The most annoying thing, is that i am into car-leasing, so i use mostly 4-Runner (2000 models) and all came with factory fitted tinted glasses that are very visible to an ordinary eyes, yet the police have turned my drivers to ATM machines. We spend an average of 5k everyday in tipping them off. Now they are expecting me to pay over 200k in obtaining a piece of paper to cover the cars. Which kind country be this sef angry angry angry angry
Wow, that's just crazy. I don't understand this country I tell ya. I really do hope the bill kills that unsound "decree."
As per your line of business, perhaps we could be beneficial to each other, I'm into that field as well. Let's communicate outside here if you don't mind. Lefochet00@yahoo.com. Looking forward to.
Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by avalontony(m): 11:48am On Apr 27, 2013
BEWARE OF HAPPY TRIGGER POLICEMEN!!!!!!!!!
Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by slimfit1(m): 11:52am On Apr 27, 2013
She is a terrible mother this is the only law she can come up with when there are motherless children out there and mother s dying of still birth.
Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by strangest(m): 11:53am On Apr 27, 2013
so its now luxury for one to protect oneself from the direct sun rays?

3 Likes

Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by texazzpete(m): 12:24pm On Apr 27, 2013

POVERTY MENTALITY!!

1 Like

Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by nairaman66(m): 12:25pm On Apr 27, 2013
He also queried the custody of the charges for tinted glasses’ permit, wondering who are the custodians of the money and the treasury where the money is kept as he, insisted that it was wrong for the police authorities to perpetrate the attitude of exploiting Nigerians without any legal basis

Is he telling us, If there was a legal basis the Police should exploit still?? shocked

1 Like

Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by saviola77(m): 12:26pm On Apr 27, 2013
About time that obnoxious law was repealed..

1 Like

Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by katordidi(m): 12:36pm On Apr 27, 2013
wat is luxurious about tinted glasses bro?

1 Like

Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by Dede1(m): 12:40pm On Apr 27, 2013
Nigeria is waste of space. Factory tinted vehicular glasses are not luxury packages. Tinted glasses do not in any way or shape assist criminal activities. I think this Senator Ita Enang is one Nigerian with his\her social orders very intact.

1 Like

Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by aieromon(m): 12:48pm On Apr 27, 2013
These people must surely be confused. There shouldn't have been a ban on factory fitted glasses in the first place.
Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by fidelpatso(m): 1:01pm On Apr 27, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
#
Think and grow rich
Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 27, 2013
avalontony: BEWARE OF HAPPY TRIGGER POLICEMEN!!!!!!!!!

Or book harems......
Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by Akpaife(m): 1:31pm On Apr 27, 2013
Burger01:

Dislike.. I don't think the bill should affect someone like you that don't have and own a tinted vehicle. Let those of us that have have the right to protest against such exploitation by the police. I will not obtain a permit and I will stand my grounds..

sad
Who dash monkey banana u no get anytin

1 Like

Re: Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. by meforyou1(m): 1:42pm On Apr 27, 2013
Factory fitted tinted glasses are always only on the back seat windows and they are actually transparent. When will nigeria police ever go to school?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osoba Worked For Abacha's Government And NADECO At The Same Time - Oshun / Governors To Demand Dollars From States’ Share Of Federation Account / Dapo Abiodun Praises Efforts Of Ogun State Teachers (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.