Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses (7260 Views)

Revalidation Of Tinted Permit, Firearms Licence Begins Today / Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms / Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by Beaf: 6:01am On Feb 25, 2011
[size=14pt]FG bars service chiefs, ministers, others from use of tinted glasses[/size]
News Feb 25, 2011
Jonathan, Sambo, Mark, Bankole exempted

By KINGSLEY OMONOBI

ABUJA – The Federal Government, yesterday, announced the ban of the use of tinted glasses by Nigerians, including the Service Chiefs, the Inspector General of Police, ministers, members of the National Assembly, Judges and other top government officials.

Minister of Police Affairs, Mr Humphrey Abah, who made the announcement, yesterday, however noted that President Goodluck Jonathan, Vice President Namadi Sambo, Senate President David Mark and his deputy, Speaker of the House of Representatives and his deputy as well as state governors and their deputies were exempted from the use of tinted glasses.

Explaining reasons for the ban, which is to commence from Monday, the minister said the measure was part of security strategies being put in place to guarantee security in the build up to the April general elections to “help us overcome the challenges of modern crimes like bombings, terrorists acts and the movement of arms and explosives.”

Disclosing that by his announcement, all hitherto permits or authorisation given in the past for the use of tinted glasses stood cancelled, the minister stated that vehicles with factory fitted tinted glasses which are verifiable would be exempted from the ban in the interim.

He said the government action was covered under the Motor Vehicles Prohibition of Tainted Glass Act Cap M21 (An Act to prohibit the tainting or treating in any other way, any glass fitted in a motor vehicle so as to render persons in the vehicle obscure or invincible), adding that all states Police Commissioners are to ensure strict compliance with the directive.

On punitive measures to be meted out to those who ignore the government directive, the minister said any such violator would have him or herself to blame as Policemen at checkpoints had been given directives to stop such cars and physically remove such tints from the vehicles once it is discovered to be fitted films.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/fg-bars-service-chiefs-ministers-others-from-use-of-tinted-glasses/
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by Nobody: 6:40am On Feb 25, 2011
another gaffe by gej's team

so what happens to the hundreds of cars with tinted glasses and legal permits?

do they al get impounded?

or is this just another paper ban like the so called customs reversals

retards

can they tell me that tinted wndows are baned in the middle east, europe , united states ireland or other countries that have had bombing issues in the past

later gej will spit rubbish about how his appointments are by merit. maybe the man does not have an eye for talent.

Explaining reasons for the ban, which is to commence from Monday, the minister said the measure was part of security strategies being put in place to guarantee security in the build up to the April general elections to “help us overcome the challenges of modern crimes like bombings, terrorists acts and the movement of arms and explosives.”

does this by any chance mean that the ban will be lifted after the elections cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

dunces every last one of them

do they even read?

if they enacted a policy of searching suspicious vehicles one would understand

do they actually think people carry bombs in the passenger areas of cars?

lets us see how the police will effect this on the service chiefs, the same ones that continue t drive with sirens
all this idi-ot has achieved is money for our police on the roads. expect that the next few months will be full of harassment of law abiding citizens with tinted glasses and illegal seizures galore

rubbish
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:42am On Feb 25, 2011
@beaf, you are finally using your position in the GEJ-led government to do something positive. Good show! Bravo grin
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by abhosts(m): 12:17pm On Feb 25, 2011
Most of the Tinted Vehicles on the road are Slightly-Tinted from the Factory, so this should not be a problem for most people.
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by Ultrame(m): 12:20pm On Feb 25, 2011
THis GEJ sha!, Gaffe after goof.
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by Nobody: 12:35pm On Feb 25, 2011
This is another cheap avenue for the Nigerian police to extort money from law abiding Nigerians. The blockheads that wouldn't know the difference between factory-fitted tinted glass and customised ones. It has been difficult using our cars for long distance journeys even when we have tinted glass permits issued by the police authorities, only God knows what is going to happen now with this ban. God help Nigeria
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by Dede1(m): 12:40pm On Feb 25, 2011
This is another apparent example that Nigeria is not fit to practice democracy at any level. If president should use tinted glass vehicles in Nigeria, everybody is qualified to use them. The announcement by the minister on the use of tinted glass vehicles is despicable act of creating social class distinction within Nigerian society.

It is shame to the so-called government of the people, by the people and for the people. This present government under GEJ is oligarchy rather than democracy. If I am one of the services chiefs, I should start contemplating the means to throw these fools out of office.
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by blacksta(m): 1:00pm On Feb 25, 2011
This is what i call misplaced priority - of all the important issues in country. na wa ooo -

Jos Killings - outstanding

Nationwide bombings - outstanding

Electricity issues - Outstanding

Electoral issues - Outstanding

Bad federal roads - outstanding

and many more important issues - all outstanding

Haba it is a really a case of square donkey peg in a round hole.
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by Ayowumie(m): 1:09pm On Feb 25, 2011
This is arrant nonsense. This is not a ban but rather a restriction.
There is a clause in the ban which is:

Beaf:

Disclosing that by his announcement, all hitherto permits or authorisation given in the past for the use of tinted glasses stood cancelled, the minister stated that[b] vehicles with factory fitted tinted glasses which are verifiable would be exempted from the ban in the interim.[/b]

Most if not all politicians using tilted glasses are all factory fitted. This means the ban is only restricted to Nigerians that are using custom-made tilted glasses.
So, if you want to bomb Nigeria, just order factory fitted tilted glasses from Cotonou.
The deductive analysis of this ban is thus:
[size=14pt] Since tilted glasses make the people inside such vehicles invisible, such people could then carry out criminal acts because they cant be seen in their vehicles. The criminal acts using tilted vehicles are carried out by non politicians most of whom seek respect by using custom made tilted glasses. For this reason, they should all be banned from using tilted glasses. For our politicians, all of whom use factory fitted tilted glasses do not commit crime using their tilted-glass vehicles, THEY CAN THEREFORE CONTINUE USING THEIR TILTED GLASS VEHICLES because THEY ARE ALL FACTORY FITTED
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 25, 2011
Ayowumie:

This is arrant nonsense. This is not a ban but rather a restriction.
There is a clause in the ban which is:

Most if not all politicians using tilted glasses are all factory fitted. This means the ban is only restricted to Nigerians that are using custom-made tilted glasses.
So, if you want to bomb Nigeria, just order factory fitted tilted glasses from Cotonou.
The deductive analysis of this ban is thus:
[size=14pt] Since tilted glasses make the people inside such vehicles invisible, such people could then carry out criminal acts because they cant be seen in their vehicles. The criminal acts using tilted vehicles are carried out by non politicians most of whom seek respect by using custom made tilted glasses. For this reason, they should all be banned from using tilted glasses. For our politicians, all of whom use factory fitted tilted glasses do not commit crime using their tilted-glass vehicles, THEY CAN THEREFORE CONTINUE USING THEIR TILTED GLASS VEHICLES because THEY ARE ALL FACTORY FITTED[/size]

LWKMD
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by geeluck: 1:29pm On Feb 25, 2011
Goodyness:

This is another cheap avenue for the Nigerian police to extort money from law abiding Nigerians. The blockheads that wouldn't know the difference between factory-fitted tinted glass and customised ones. It has been difficult using our cars for long distance journeys even when we have tinted glass permits issued by the police authorities, only God knows what is going to happen now with this ban. God help Nigeria

I tell you ooo, just trying to increase these men illegal funds
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by bidemi12(m): 1:34pm On Feb 25, 2011
As if that is the major problem in the country. misplaced priorities.
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by againstGEJ(m): 1:39pm On Feb 25, 2011
LOL

What has this got to do with GEJ?

I am not surprised. Most of you dont even drive a bicycle talkless of a car. But, its GEJ's fault sha.

Anyway, tinted glasses had always been in ban, in Lagos, you get stopped because of it, its only if you have a permit from the police, then you are let go.

Even if your wife no fit poo now, na GEJ cause am.

Shio - Gaffe ko, gaffe ni.

Abi na GEJ make this one? Motor Vehicles Prohibition of Tainted Glass Act Cap M21?
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by Limaoscar: 1:41pm On Feb 25, 2011
Most of the Tinted Vehicles on the road are Slightly-Tinted from the Factory, so this should not be a problem for most people.

If you live in Nigeria this will definately be a problem as swarms of cops and other hungry agencies would start chasing you all over the place and interpreting the law to their own advantage, This is clearly trouble already for those with factory fitted tinted(u.v) glasses in Nigeria.
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by campella(m): 1:42pm On Feb 25, 2011
This is what i call misplaced priority  - of all the important issues in country.  na wa  ooo  -

Jos Killings  - outstanding

Nationwide bombings  - outstanding

Electricity issues  - Outstanding

Electoral issues  - Outstanding

My brother, real misplaced priority.
Another way of making the poor citizens pay out of their nose.
Check point back in full force, yet arm robbers every where.

Abeg, i am beginning to see GEJ as a man without focus  
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by eros(m): 1:44pm On Feb 25, 2011
Anybody knows how i can get my tint off my car. Although they are factory fitted, the Nigeria Police on the street careless. They will delay and extort anyone and everyone with factory tinted glass.  angry angry angry angry angry angry

Nigeria is truly a lab where the weirdest of experiments are carried out.  sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by againstGEJ(m): 1:44pm On Feb 25, 2011
Just talk talk talk. I wonder even if Jesus Christ comes to rule Nigeria, every of his move will be a problem.

If you dont have a car with a tinted glass. Why are you shouting already? This law has been in existence from years ago.
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by againstGEJ(m): 1:49pm On Feb 25, 2011
campella:

This is what i call misplaced priority  - of all the important issues in country.  na wa  ooo  -

Jos Killings  - outstanding

Nationwide bombings  - outstanding

Electricity issues  - Outstanding

Electoral issues  - Outstanding

My brother, real misplaced priority.
Another way of making the poor citizens pay out of their nose.
Check point back in full force, yet arm robbers every where.

Abeg, i am beginning to see GEJ as a man without focus  

Come on - chei. I dont care about GEJ, but sometimes, I wonder. What has he done wrong here? LOL.

Is this law new? Was it just passed by the Senate or House of Rep? This is an act that had been in place since when?

Do you know of this? Motor Vehicles Prohibition of Tainted Glass Act Cap M21?

Na wa o. How can the tongue of man be bridled? By using their brains first I think.
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by blacksta(m): 1:51pm On Feb 25, 2011
againstGEJ:

Come on - chei. I dont care about GEJ, but sometimes, I wonder. What has he done wrong here? LOL.

Is this law new? Was it just passed by the Senate or House of Rep? This is an act that had been in place since when?

Do you know of this? Motor Vehicles Prohibition of Tainted Glass Act Cap M21?

Na wa o. How can the tongue of man be bridled? By using their brains first I think.

Ok sir - who else can we hold responsible if not GEJ.
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by againstGEJ(m): 1:53pm On Feb 25, 2011
answer the question:

Is Motor Vehicles Prohibition of Tainted Glass Act Cap M21 a new law?

Answer.
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by againstGEJ(m): 1:54pm On Feb 25, 2011
This directive calls for a revolution. Lets hit the street.

Anyone joining us in hitting the street to protest against this directive?
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by SNAMI: 2:08pm On Feb 25, 2011
the minister stated that vehicles with factory fitted tinted glasses which are verifiable would be exempted from the ban in the interim.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

With the kind of illiterates we have as police men in this country, the above statement is for the wind all should be prepared to speak their mother tongue as this is license to extort. God help us.
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 25, 2011
This administration lacks focus.
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by againstGEJ(m): 2:36pm On Feb 25, 2011
Dede1:

This is another apparent example that Nigeria is not fit to practice democracy at any level.[size=14pt] If president should use tinted glass vehicles in Nigeria, everybody is qualified to use them.[/size] The announcement by the minister on the use of tinted glass vehicles is despicable act of creating social class distinction within Nigerian society.

It is shame to the so-called government of the people, by the people and for the people. This present government under GEJ is oligarchy rather than democracy. If I am one of the services chiefs, I should start contemplating the means to throw these fools out of office. 

So you want to be equal to the President? LOL.

Very laughable vituperation. Is that how it is done else where?
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by Bawss1(m): 2:42pm On Feb 25, 2011
At the rate folks are going they will end up blaming GEJ for every shortcoming under the sun. The brilliance or idiocy of this new policy lies with the police not the presidency. Give it a rest people. angry
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by deor03(m): 2:45pm On Feb 25, 2011
Policemen  can't wait for Monday to come !

Hammer Time !
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by ilario: 2:46pm On Feb 25, 2011
Tinted glass's ban is another way of creating cklass in our society, cos the cars with custom built tinted glass will now cost more. another show of mediocrity in jeg's administration.
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by easy(m): 3:22pm On Feb 25, 2011
All these govt agencies cannot differentiate a factory fitted tinted glass from the ones fitted from outside the factory. even when they can differentiate, they will just accuse you wrongly so that they can get some naira out of you. If you are a driver in Nigeria you can understand what i am trying to say. Haba minister, think always think before you make pronouncements. This is another way of money making for the police.
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 25, 2011
This man is full of crap! undecided
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by GeorgeD1(m): 3:39pm On Feb 25, 2011
na today? grin
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 25, 2011
Abeg make dem refund the money wey I pay for tint permit or at least half.Shikena.angry
Re: Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses by andyanders: 4:03pm On Feb 25, 2011
EGUNJE FOR NIGERIAN POLICE. THE WHOLE DPO WILL NOW MOUNT ROAD BLOCKS, EVEN COME TO YOUR HOUSES TO INSPECT YOUR CARS. THEY CANT KNOW THE ONE THAT IS FACTORY TINTED AND MANUEL. IT WILL BE BETTER FOR OWNERS OF SUCH CARS TO USE PUBLIC BUSES AS POLICE WILL NOT BE CHECKING FOR ARMED ROBBERS AGAIN. MAKE SURE YOU CLEAN YOUR WINDSCREEN AS EVEN DIRTY GLASSES BY THE NIGERIAN POLICE WILL MEAN THAT YOUR WINDSCREEN IS TINTED.MAKE SURE YOU WASH YOUR WINDSCREEN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign / Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks / Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.