Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,483 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Real Face Of Lagbaja - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Real Face Of Lagbaja (70224 Views)

Chika Ike Shows Off Her Real Face / Korede Bello With Emmanuella, The Real Face Girl / No 2nd Term For President Jonathan Says Lagbaja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by ddeola: 8:19am On Apr 28, 2013
Harmvirus: he ain't looking bad.wondering why he has kept his face masked

That's his stage name,Lagbaja means somebody, anybody, nobody. There's a person behind it but he is not known.

1 Like

Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by Originalsly: 8:22am On Apr 28, 2013
naptu2:

Exactly! That's not Lagbaja, that's Bisade Ologunde.
How can the Lagbaja...the faceless one...have a face? In the pic of Lagbaja by Slyrox the eyes are the same so I do believe that that is the man behind the mask...Bisade Ologunde.
Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by naptu2: 8:29am On Apr 28, 2013
Originalsly: How can the Lagbaja...the faceless one...have a face? In the pic of Lagbaja by Slyrox the eyes are the same so I do believe that that is the man behind the mask...Bisade Ologunde.

I fear the anti-spam bot, so I shall respond to this, but I will not post the link.
Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by Sike(m): 8:31am On Apr 28, 2013
Since there's no concrete evidence to prove this, then this is not our very own LAGBAJA... Simple!
Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by joshuaidibia(m): 8:31am On Apr 28, 2013
lagbaja cnt hide 4eva. 1 sure way to knw his identity is when he dies. Notn is hidden unda d sun.
Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by Ifecoded(m): 8:32am On Apr 28, 2013
Am not interested in knwing who he his, SOMEBODY AS his name implies shud not be knwn... Let him continue to be LAGBAJA{SOMEBODY}.
Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by naptu2: 8:38am On Apr 28, 2013
Originalsly: How can the Lagbaja...the faceless one...have a face? In the pic of Lagbaja by Slyrox the eyes are the same so I do believe that that is the man behind the mask...Bisade Ologunde.

QUESTION

brief introduction

: Can you tell us who you are as a person?

ANSWER: Well, I call Bisade a musician. I'm also a producer. We have a band, we've been together now for about five or six years; sorry, this is the fifth year; in another one month, it will be five years we've been together. The band is called Colours. We play basically African music. It's like all my work is based around that band for now. Studio production for now are limited to experimental projects. That's the summary of what I'm all about.

QUESTION: Is there any relationship between Bisade Ologunde and the invisible man, the masquerade you called 'Lagbaja'?

ANSWER: Bisade is the producer for Lagbaja. I also conceived the idea. But there has been so much unnecessary focus on the person behind Lagbaja. The more important thing is the message of Lagbaja and the total concept. Anybody could be Lagbaja. It's just the significance of using a mask. And the main importance of that mask is that the mask is like a symbol of the facelessness of the so-called common man in Africa. [size=14pt]So, we have different people perform the role of Lagbaja, being masked performers. But Bisade is Bisade. I'm Bisade Ologunde not Lagbaja. If I wish too, I could wear the mask and perform Lagbaja also. But somehow, I think it's probably due to some press misconception that led people to thinking of Lagbaja as Bisade or whatever. We've had several people play the role of Lagbaja as a matter of fact.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by toseen29: 9:05am On Apr 28, 2013
This looks lyk Lagbaja omo baba muko muko, he was tryin to form seriousness so ppl won't relate this face to d masked one. Any video footage of his speech without the mask will giv a clearer piture.
Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by yamunla(m): 9:05am On Apr 28, 2013
naptu2:

Exactly! That's not Lagbaja, that's Bisade Ologunde.
@naptu2 I have been following ur threads and post on NL for a while now and I always beliv u to some extent cos u post facts..why are u contradicting urself with Lagbaja and Bisade Ologunde? We all know that's his real name..so Naptu2 plsss,is that Lagbaja Or NOT..?? Pls bros reply!
Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by OCTAVO: 9:06am On Apr 28, 2013
kolokolobi: That's Bisade Ologunde aka lagbaja. Knew him back in the days at bread and butter and later pintos night club leading the band called colours. He is a soft spoken and i dare say very intelligent fellow who graduated from oau or ibadan with a degree in zoology. He should be in the 50 year region.

All that said it's good he used the lagbaja concept to deliver his music. You and i may not have accepted him if we could put a face to it. He is a fantastic bass guitar player in case we don't know. The closest i came to him was at his house then on adeniyi Jones where i went to pick up some stuff. He is an extremely shrewd business man who doesn't suffer fools.
Yeah, you are very correct!
This guy knows what he's saying.
The pic the OP posted is surely Lagbaja! Just that this is an old picture.
Yeah truely Lagbaja has tribal marks. But all tribal marks don't show in pictures!
Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by naptu2: 9:11am On Apr 28, 2013
yamunla: @naptu2 I have been following ur threads and post on NL for a while now and I always beliv u to some extent cos u post facts..why are u contradicting urself with Lagbaja and Bisade Ologunde? We all know that's his real name..so Naptu2 plsss,is that Lagbaja Or NOT..?? Pls bros reply!

Thanks for your kind words. What I mean will become clear when you read the interview above (Bisade Ologunde's interview). That's Bisade Ologunde, not Lagbaja.

1 Like

Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by mymadam(m): 9:18am On Apr 28, 2013
overdrive: Pls how much will a poster get paid for making fp

Did you mean to say, "How much will a poster PAY for making fp"? undecided. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by mrragger: 9:35am On Apr 28, 2013
Emekayoung: Thats him,there's no doubt about it and u knw that.
ur very rit datts hin look at does eyes
Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 28, 2013
[size=13pt]Some people are hilarious. When I saw that picture, I immediately knew that was Lagbaja. Those are his eyes.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by batstan(m): 9:42am On Apr 28, 2013
grin grin grin nairaland nothing for you!!!
*in mark morrison's voice*
Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by yamunla(m): 10:00am On Apr 28, 2013
naptu2:

Thanks for your kind words. What I mean will become clear when you read the interview above (Bisade Ologunde's interview). That's Bisade Ologunde, not Lagbaja.
ok boss! Av gone thru the interview..I think I posted my question wen u were typing that..

1 Like

Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by felimex: 10:01am On Apr 28, 2013
na wa oo. y r people takn dis 2 personal 2 d extent of beggn 4 4nt page:/ any way it looks lyk him doh bt hw sure can we b
Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by BabaOlowo: 11:36am On Apr 28, 2013
This must be his Twin Brother, Tamedi
Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by naptu2: 11:43am On Apr 28, 2013
BabaOlowo: This must be his Twin Brother, Tamedi

Do you mean Tamedun?

1 Like

Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by odume10: 11:46am On Apr 28, 2013
but y would some nairalanders still be arguing that it's not lagbaja even when on d first page someone that said he used to play solo guitar for him back in them days? I 've also seen him man d post in one musiCain vs I can't remember anymore in those days at onikan stadium.
I just hope someone would remember that match it was televised.
Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by kabba7(m): 11:49am On Apr 28, 2013
What type of tribal mark an Agatu's ,Gogobiri, Gwari,or Ibolo ?
Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by Mustay(m): 11:51am On Apr 28, 2013
Rexxie:
This is either PRE Lagbaja or Lagbaja early beginning,you know,more like when 9ice used to scream his lungs out backing up for TooShorts and Ruggedman..but now we all know levels changed..May God change my and your levels for the best,o..

What d'you mean? Lagbaja that released his first album in the early '90s
Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by Mustay(m): 11:56am On Apr 28, 2013
redsun: That guy is more or less an enigma.What is he hiding?Or does he have a burnt face?Not like the good looking guy in the picture.

What are his motives?Or is he promoting the concept eyo masquerade?

Lagbaja, Tamedu ati Lakashigbe are concepts in Yoruba. Like someone wrote, it ought to mean somebody, anybody, Mr. A - whatsoever you choose. However for Lagbaja, he has said until corruption, bad leadership et al are eradicated from this country, there's nothing for him to be happy about concerning the mask removal - now, that's a tall order but butresses the concept further.

Lastly, @naptu2's post shows that Lagbaja is more of a CHARACTER than an INDIVIDUAL - the same way different 'bonds' have been issued for $007 wink

1 Like

Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by ikanason(m): 12:15pm On Apr 28, 2013
Emekayoung: I dont blame people doubting my post,if u dont believe it,den go and drown urself in the river.
I dont need to prove anything to any hater because thats Mr Lagbaja for real..
Cheers.
and whats ur gain in showing off his face, why can't u live ur life and allow others to live theirs as they want. Busy body!

1 Like

Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by Reference(m): 1:53pm On Apr 28, 2013
The face in the picture looks like the one I saw several years ago that someone who should know confirmed as being that of the masq. Though he appears to have lost some weight but has definitely aged. Then I didn't miss his shows at his place along Opebi rd, Lagos.
Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by mkoabiola: 1:57pm On Apr 28, 2013
What is he doing@d event.
Hw come his pix was taken@d event.
Who was d fotografa?
Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by olajide8(m): 2:32pm On Apr 28, 2013
Google bisade ologunde - aka lagbaga
I didn't have to contribute self, naptu has dealt with the enigma know as lagbaga already
Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by dramendra: 3:14pm On Apr 28, 2013
How do Lagbaja face americam visa interview? Another way don sure for me be that, dress like masqurade and get american visa.
Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by pippimp(m): 5:20pm On Apr 28, 2013
It's very possible it's him. . .kinda looks like him. Only ever saw him once, and that was about 10 years ago. I was working for a marketing firm in Ikeja at that time and apparently the MD and he were room mates in college. This was at the time that star mega jamz just started and he was being signed up for one of the shows.
Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by Sogo10: 5:22pm On Apr 28, 2013
Harmvirus: he ain't looking bad.wondering why he has kept his face masked
he wanted a brand.
Re: Real Face Of Lagbaja by seyenko(m): 7:52pm On Apr 28, 2013
looks very much like a picture of him when he was younger, he is approaching 50 and has a fuller figure now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

D'banj And Wife Didi Kilgrow Expecting Their First Child / Flavour Shows Off His Sitting Room While Thanking God For The Week / Vincent Idowu, Tboss Father Curses His Children: Woe Unto Anybody Who They Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.