Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra (12440 Views)

Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday / Saraki Unfolds Agenda For Nigeria As He Takes Over NASS / APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 28, 2013
Anambra Guber: Uba Unveils Himself

Anambra State could be said to have figuratively moved to Lagos, the former capital of Nigeria, when traditional rulers and presidents generals of town unions from the state converged to discuss with one of their illustrious sons, who wants to vie for governorship.

It was a meeting, where businessman and philanthropist, Dr. Ifeanyi Uba unfolded the plans he has for the state, if elected governor in November.

Indeed, the meeting was part of the consultation, which Uba, chairman and chief executive officer of Capital Oil and Gas Industries Limited, has embarked upon, in his quest to become governor of Anambra State. He also used the occasion to show his guests his business empire, in a facility tour of his companies and business offices.

This, it was gathered, was to let them know that with such big investment, he's not going into government to make money for himself but to work for the socio-economic development of Anambra State.

To be sure, the facility tour revealed so much about Uba. It proved beyond any doubt that he was on ground in business. He is a man who knows his onions in his chosen field of business endeavour. It shows his leadership qualities, as, having successfully managed his business he has all it takes to also successfully manage the human and material resources of Anambra.

It should be mentioned here that this is the first time a business mogul from Anambra State, who is interested in the governorship of the state, has conducted his people round his business facilities and investments as well as let them into his activities. With this Uba scored a first.

The f tour of Uba's facilities has another thing to commend it for. It is a testimony to the businessman's willingness to sacrifice all he has to liberate Anambra from the shackles of poverty, penury and deprivation. With such positive expose, the good people of Anambra State would not have any doubt whatsoever that Uba is a fit and proper person to be the governor of their state.

Having honoured Uba's invitation in Lagos, they have made a statement to the effect that they believe in this selfish young man, who has, through his "Kero Direct," brought kerosene to the doorsteps of rural and poor people, at a subsidise price, among his other philanthropic gestures.

At the meeting, Uba made his case and gave his guest the floor to ask questions. Of course, the people did ask questions and he was meek and humbly in his answers to the questions. And this is the way it should be, for after all, democracy is government of the people by the people for the people. It was a pretty long town hall meeting of sorts, which lasted from 8pm till 7am the following day.

This shows that Uba is a man who listens and likes to receive ideas from the people. This cross-fertilization of ideas is what drives democracy and leads to good governance.

After the interaction, the people were not only impressed but they were also of the firm view that Uba is the man who God has prepared and positioned to save Anambra State from the ruin and maladministration of yesteryears. The good people of Anambra State do not need to search further or any longer, for the Messiah is here. They have found out from the tour that Uba's investment is huge, massive and outstanding.

The facilities included ships, jetties, depots, filling stations, tankers, and a host of others. It became apparent from findings from the tour that. Uba's Capital Oil & Gas Industries Limited is one of the biggest distributors of petroleum products in Nigeria.

Of great importance is the fact that Capital Oil & Gas has been a major player in the downstream sector even before the subsidy regime. The company has tankers, which supply fuel all over the country. In fact, the activities of the company in the area of supply of petroleum products is one of the reasons fuel is available everywhere today. This is because while other companies hoard fuel in order to make huge profit, Uba's companies are only interested in making the products available to all and sundry. Profit is not the driving force for the company.

On a personal level, Uba awards scholarships to indigent students. There are students who attend various schools in Nigeria, courtesy of Uba's sponsorship. He tars roads everywhere. His filling stations supply fuel free of charge to motorcyclists in Nnewi every Monday. He intervenes in all cases where poor people are being discriminated against or marginalised.

He donates money throughout the federation in pursuant of worthy causes.

This may be the reason his detractors wanted to rubbish him recently by framing him up. To God be the glory, he was vindicated by the court, the court of public opinions and by the National Assembly. It became apparent that his adversaries in business were afraid of his rising profile and success story and they tried to pull him down by tarnishing his image and painting him in black colours as a man who could not settle his debts.

Anambrarians should search no more for a Messiah. We have one already in Uba. All the good people of Anambra State should now take a decision to crown and elect Uba as the next governor of the state. Uba is a great Igbo man who loves his people and Nigeria alike, with great passion and dedication.

His love for the Igbo became even more manifest when he committed a huge sum of money towards giving the deceased Igbo sage and leader, Chief Emeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, a decent national and befitting burial.

Uba has come to judgment in Anambra. He is the Messiah Anambra needs. As Jesus was proclaimed by the Almighty God as his beloved son in whom he was well pleased, Anambra people say that Uba is their beloved son in whom they are not only pleased but also in whom they repose great hope and confidence to lead them to the land of promise.

Surely, the cap of governorship of Anambra fits Uba. Let him wear it.

We need men little him, who are richer than the government they want to control and who will not misappropriate public funds, but will augment the same with their own money. We need patriots in power. We need statesmen. We need good men.

Uba is his own man and his own candidate. Politicians who are relying on godfathers should be shunned. The era of godfatherism should be over. The godsons have ruined many states and governments. A distinguished personality and wealthy businessman like Uba will not dip his hands into the coffers of government to help himself because he is richer than the government he will control. Uba is not coming to government to make money.

He is not seeking political office to acquire wealth or buy private jet, which he already has. Uba is coming to create wealth in Anambra, reinvigorate the economy resuscitate ailing infrastructure, provide employment and give hope to the people.

The leaders in Anambra State have seen it all. They are in a position to assess Uba and his pedigree.

http://m.naij.com/news/32353.html
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 28, 2013
So Peter Obi has never been the Messiah Anambra State needs? Something is definitely wrong.

I will totally support a business man to become a Governor in any of the states. it's a good thing you know.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by NwaNimo1(m): 4:36pm On Apr 28, 2013
Reserved Space . . .

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by ACM10: 4:43pm On Apr 28, 2013
berem: So Peter Obi has never been the Messiah Anambra State needs? Something is definitely wrong.

I will totally support a business man to become a Governor in any of the states. it's a good thing you know.

Who is Peter Obi? A businesswoman?

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by asha80(m): 4:45pm On Apr 28, 2013
'uba is not coming into governance to make money'...nope he is coming into governance to use anambra funds to settle his 42bn debt to access bank and coscharis.

16 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 28, 2013
ACM10:

Who is Peter Obi? A businesswoman?
Is he? never heard of that. Business wise, is he as rich as Ifeanyi Uba?

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 28, 2013
asha 80: 'uba is not coming into governance to make money'...nope he is coming into governance to use anambra funds to settle his 42bn debt to access bank and coscharis.
If the people of Anambra likes him, will that stop him from becoming a Governor?
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by Afam4eva(m): 4:52pm On Apr 28, 2013

[size=14pt]Is this business empire he took them on a tour located in Anambra? If it's not then he's disqualified. If he loves Anambra and Igboland like he claims then most of his companies should be headquartered in Anambra. We have to wary of men like this.
[/size]

14 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by ACM10: 4:57pm On Apr 28, 2013
berem: Is he? never heard of that. Business wise, is he as rich as Ifeanyi Uba?

He may be richer. Do you know how many companies that Peter Obi owns? Let alone his shares in other companies. He is one of the most under-valued billionaires in Anambra. He likes it that way cos it gives him an underdog outlook.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by Ejine(m): 4:59pm On Apr 28, 2013
Biko, any moderator using a computer? Please, properly format Berem's post to desktop-friendly alignment make we begin.

We tore Okorocha's black asss this morning, so I think it's only fair we also tear Peter Obi's gayy asss this evening.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by ACM10: 5:03pm On Apr 28, 2013
deleted
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by Ejine(m): 5:04pm On Apr 28, 2013
asha 80: 'uba is not coming into governance to make money'...nope he is coming into governance to use anambra funds to settle his 42bn debt to access bank and coscharis.

Hmmm... This has got me thinking!
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by NwaNimo1(m): 5:05pm On Apr 28, 2013
Dr Ifeanyi Uba

So he's acquired a doctorate in the last few eeeks . .

Same ol 'Anambra' wayo politicians,

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 28, 2013
Ejiné: Biko, any moderator using a computer? Please, properly format Berem's post to desktop-friendly alignment make we begin.

We tore Okorocha's black asss this morning, so I think it's only fair we also tear Peter Obi's gayy asss this evening.
wetin you smoke Chiejine? grin

ACM, could you please modify your post? You quoted the thread without any comment.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by asha80(m): 5:15pm On Apr 28, 2013
Ejiné:

Hmmm... This has got me thinking!
shouldn't be suprised if you knew how he made the money to set up capital oil....kabila,democratic republic of congo,dirty diamond,betrayal things...but since he used to money to set up capitol oil no wahala...but why is he not interested in building up his company?..why anambra governorship seat?

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by chino11(m): 5:22pm On Apr 28, 2013
God forbid we don't want unlettered people like Ifeanyi to come close to the Zik's Place(Govt House Awka). Anambra has the best and brightest so we should not settle for mediocre and money bag as Ifeanyi.

Andy is from Uga, same town as me but I will support any person with the best idea for Anambra. Below are my candidates:

Nkem Akunyili
Soludo
Andy Uba
Ngige (not under yeroba and aboki party)

5 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by MrGlobe(m): 5:26pm On Apr 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
[size=14pt]Is this business empire he took them on a tour located in Anambra? If it's not then he's disqualified. If he loves Anambra and Igboland like he claims then most of his companies should be headquartered in Anambra. We have to wary of men like this.
[/size]
You beat me to this. Ifeanyi Ubah for Governor Lagos State 2015. He has all my support!

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by Afam4eva(m): 5:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
chino11: God forbid we don't want unlettered people like Ifeanyi to come close to the Zik's Place(govt house Awka). Anambra has the best and brightest so we should not settle for mediocre and money bag as Ifeanyi.

Andy is from Uga, same town as me but I will support any person with the best idea for Anambra. Below are my candidates:

Nkem Akunyili
Soludo
Andy Uba

[size=14pt]
WORD
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by ACM10: 5:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
chino11: God forbid we don't want unlettered people like Ifeanyi to come close to the Zik's Place(govt house Awka). Anambra has the best and brightest so we should not settle for mediocre and money bag as Ifeanyi.

Nkem Akunyili
Soludo
Andy Uba

I think that the two bolded are in conflict. Maybe you have some secret info on Andy Uba that qualifies him to be placed in the category of the "best and brightest". Can you share with us?

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by ACM10: 5:33pm On Apr 28, 2013
chino11:

But he has proven time and again that he can be in pro-Yoruba party and still be staunchly pro-Igbo. These other folks are in so-called pro-Igbo parties, but goes around engaging in anti-Igbo activities.

4 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 28, 2013
ACM10:

But he has proven time and again that he can be in pro-Yoruba party and still be staunchly pro-Igbo. These other folks are in so-called pro-Igbo parties, but goes around engaging in anti-Igbo activities.
you are right! what matters is the candidate and not the party. Ngige has done it before and can still do it again. I don't see how Tinubu and co can control the affairs of Anambra state if Ngige is elected under APC. But it's better he remains a Senator anyway.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by MrGlobe(m): 5:41pm On Apr 28, 2013
ACM10:

I think that the two bolded are in conflict. Maybe you have some secret info on Andy Uba that qualifies him to be placed in the category of the "best and brightest". Can you share with us?
Andy is presently a Senator and is not doing badly. If soludo does not run then Andy has my support. I know he has great visions for the state.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by chino11(m): 5:42pm On Apr 28, 2013
ACM10:

You don't know who is tinubu. He has used his cult to charm all the A C N govs, so Ngige will not be an exception. All the A C N govs are paying billions into tinubu acct every month, giving him juicy contracts. We are afraid Ngige could mortgage Anambra to the evil called tinubu
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by MrGlobe(m): 5:43pm On Apr 28, 2013
berem: you are right! what matters is the candidate and not the party. Ngige has done it before and can still do it again. I don't see how Tinubu and co can control the affairs of Anambra state if Ngige is elected under APC. But it's better he remains a Senator anyway.
I agree with you that Ngige is better off in the Senate and should remain there.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by chino11(m): 5:46pm On Apr 28, 2013
Afam4eva:

[size=14pt]
WORD
[/size]

Thank God. You have for once endorsed my stand. Kedu ije.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by ACM10: 5:47pm On Apr 28, 2013
chino11:

You don't know who is tinubu. He has used his cult to charm all the A C N govs, so Ngige will not be an exception. All the A C N govs are paying billions into tinubu acct every month, giving him juicy contracts. We are afraid Ngige could mortgage Anambra to the evil called tinubu

With all due respect, I disagree with your comment. Why is he not in Tinubu's bag now that he is a senator under Tinubu's party? This sounds like a beer parlour gist. There is no iota of evidence to back those wild claims. Tinubu wields so much influence in the west and it stops there. His influence does not even extend to Edo, let alone Anambra, and can never be.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by ACM10: 5:52pm On Apr 28, 2013
berem: you are right! what matters is the candidate and not the party. Ngige has done it before and can still do it again. I don't see how Tinubu and co can control the affairs of Anambra state if Ngige is elected under APC. But it's better he remains a Senator anyway.

No way! Ngige has done it before and he can still do it again. We need someone of his kind to halt the present decline in infrastructural development in Anambra, then place us on the path of progress. I will go with the "tried, tested and trusted". He can't remain wasted in the senate. He can't!

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by chino11(m): 5:53pm On Apr 28, 2013
ACM10:

No not all. The point am trying to make is that the fact that Andy is from same town as me does not make me stick to his candidacy. From all indictions he will equally make a good gov. But Akunyili and Soludo remains top on my list, but if anything happens that they could not make it then Andy is another bright choice to take up the torch.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by ACM10: 6:02pm On Apr 28, 2013
chino11:

No not all. The point am trying to make is that the fact that Andy is from same town as me does not stick to his candidacy. From all indiction he will equally make a good gov. But Akunyili and Soludo remains top on my list, but if anything happens that they could not make it then Andy is another bright choice to take up the torch.

Why is it difficult for you guys to understand that Andy is a man of dubious character? The same man who engineered the kidnap of a serving governor; made Anambra ungovernable; tendered a fake doctorate degree; declared an asset of trillion naira; signed many white elephant projects days into his office. Now tell me the business that Andy has engaged in the past decade? Does leopard change his spots?

We can never progress if we keep recyling these retrogressive elements from the past. It is an insult to the sensibility of Anambrarians to suggest Andy for that job.

12 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by asha80(m): 6:05pm On Apr 28, 2013
ACM10:

No way! Ngige has done it before and he can still do it again. We need someone of his kind to halt the present decline in infrastructural development in Anambra, then place us on the path of progress. I will go with the "tried, tested and trusted". He can't remain wasted in the senate. He can't!
more like halt in infrastructural development in urban centers of onitsha,nnewi and awka and not rural areas.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by chino11(m): 6:10pm On Apr 28, 2013
ACM10:

Why is it difficult for you guys to understand that Andy is a man of dubious character? The same man who engineered the kidnap of a serving governor; made Anambra ungovernable; tendered a fake doctorate degree; declared an asset of trillion naira; signed many white elephant projects days into his office. Now tell the business that Andy has engaged in the past decade? Does leopard change his spots?

We can never progress if we keep recyling these retrogressive elements from the past. It is an insult to the sensibility of Anambrarians to suggest Andy for that job.

Some of these allegations cannot be verified..nwanne rapu all these 'hear say'.

Like as I said the best man should take the mantle. We want somebody that can continue from the foundation already laid by Obi and sound financial stand of the state
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Unfolds Plans For Anambra by ACM10: 6:12pm On Apr 28, 2013
asha 80: more like halt in infrastructural development in urban centers of onitsha,nnewi and awka and not rural areas.

Halt in infrastructural development in the 3 nerve centers of Anambra is like driving a poisoned dagger through our heart.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC / NNPC To Shut Down Three Refineries For Comprehensive Rehabilitation / Izunaso: Trouble Awaits APC If Buhari Refuses To Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.