Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,073 members, 7,811,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

2015: Buhari’s Ambition Unsettles Merger Plan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Buhari’s Ambition Unsettles Merger Plan (1258 Views)

Secretary’s Appearance At Military Probe Unsettles PDP / Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders / Friends Of 2011 Slain Youth Corp'ers Against Buhari's Ambition: Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Buhari’s Ambition Unsettles Merger Plan by toshacer: 8:27am On Apr 29, 2013
2015: Buhari’s ambition unsettles merger plan

THE insistence of the inner core of General Muhammadu Buhari’s political organisation that the General must contest the 2015 election on the platform of the merging political parties is unsettling the major actors within the merging parties, sources close to the emerging mega party have said.

A number of sources also talked about some brewing unpleasant feelings among members of the parties, which, a source said, members of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) and the All Nigerian People’s Party (ANPP) were not ready to make serious issues about for now.

Nigerian Tribune was told that while stakeholders in the CPC and ANPP were not really at home with some recent developments in the merging party, they had decided to keep their cool at the moment, while waiting for things to fully unfold.

But it was confirmed that leaders of the CPC had quarreled with nominees of the party to the Name and Logo Committee of the merging parties, over the way they perceived things were skewed against the party.

Besides that, it was also confirmed that the ambition of former head of state, General Buhari for the forthcoming 2015 election was unsettling the entire merger.

Already, three factions of opinion had emerged so far, with each of the faction canvassing different candidates.

While one of the factions was said to be rooting for a Buhari/Bola Tinubu ticket, another was said to be rooting for the governor of Kano State, Alhaji Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso, while the third group was said to be rooting for the revitalisation of the presidential campaign of the former chairman of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, who contested on the platform of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in 2011.

It, however, emerged at the weekend that the group canvassing a Buhari candidacy was insisting that the man remained the face of presidential struggle and that without him, his core followers would pull out of the merging party.

A source at one of the meetings held by core loyalists of General Buhari in Abuja told the Nigerian Tribune that a major issue before the merger now remained the candidacy of Buhari.

The source stated that a number of followers of the general wanted only one thing and that was to see his name in the 2015 ballot.

Another source added that the issue before the leaders of the coalition was how to pacify Buhari to drop his 2015 ambition for a younger candidate, who would be anointed by the General and Tinubu.

The source further said that the CPC had decided to play down the issue of factionalisation within its fold, especially the faction of Senator Rufai Hanga, ahead of the planned national convention, so as not to draw the attention of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to the issue.

Apart from expressing their anger to the sub-committee on name and logo of the mega party, CPC leaders were also said to have commenced moves towards quietly resolving the disagreement with the larger All Progressive Congress (APC).

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/10682-2015-buhari-s-ambition-unsettles-merger-plan
Re: 2015: Buhari’s Ambition Unsettles Merger Plan by talktimi(m): 8:44am On Apr 29, 2013
I don't believe this article, all these issues would have been trashed out long before now by any serious minded group of people.
Re: 2015: Buhari’s Ambition Unsettles Merger Plan by mekaboy(m): 9:21am On Apr 29, 2013
talktimi: I don't believe this article, all these issues would have been trashed out long before now by any serious minded group of people.

It can never be trashed. Nobody can trash buharis selfish interest to rule Nigeria. No other candidate will be good in his eyes.

If buhari insists on becoming presidential candidate, the Tinubu will insist on vice.

It will be clear that APC is going to loose, some members will run away. No candidate anointed by buhari and Tinubu will rule Nigeria.

Okupe was right, they have committed political suicide .

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari’s Ambition Unsettles Merger Plan by talktimi(m): 9:46am On Apr 29, 2013
mekaboy:

It can never be trashed. Nobody can trash buharis selfish interest to rule Nigeria. No other candidate will be good in his eyes.

If buhari insists on becoming presidential candidate, the Tinubu will insist on vice.

It will be clear that APC is going to loose, some members will run away. No candidate anointed by buhari and Tinubu will rule Nigeria.

You can't just bring someone over from his comfortable abode and tell him to forget his dreams which were very possible to achieve just because you're housing him now. Buhari has never told anyone he wants to become a god father or political bystander, his intentions from time has been to become a democratically elected president of Nigeria to "correct" the corruption evils, why should he dump the CPC (through merger) that gave him a platform to contest for APC(?) When they won't give him such a platform ? It would have been better the CPC stays on its own, a little more serious campaign this time would have given the PDP a serious run for their money. So once again I don't believe this story because as I say, any serious group of people would have trashed these things out long ago.
Re: 2015: Buhari’s Ambition Unsettles Merger Plan by mekaboy(m): 10:32am On Apr 29, 2013
talktimi: You can't just bring someone over from his comfortable abode and tell him to forget his dreams which were very possible to achieve just because you're housing him now. Buhari has never told anyone he wants to become a god father or political bystander, his intentions from time has been to become a democratically elected president of Nigeria to "correct" the corruption evils, why should he dump the CPC (through merger) that gave him a platform to contest for APC(?) When they won't give him such a platform ? It would have been better the CPC stays on its own, a little more serious campaign this time would have given the PDP a serious run for their money. So once again I don't believe this story because as I say, any serious group of people would have trashed these things out long ago.

If he knows he is not ready to set aside his selfish ambition, why go into a merger to impose his ambition on others?

How many times will nigerians reject him ? He has lost a couple of times, incited violence that has claimed the lives of many. Calling for bloodshed again.

We want peace in Nigeria and any wise person or party knows that buhari is not marketable.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari’s Ambition Unsettles Merger Plan by mike404(m): 10:42am On Apr 29, 2013
I'm patiently waiting to kick buhari's azz once again grin can't just wait to see him represent APC in the 2015 presidential election... ALL WE'RE SAYING IS GIVE US BUHARI ONCE AGAIN

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari’s Ambition Unsettles Merger Plan by Burger01(m): 11:35am On Apr 29, 2013
I knew this would happen. Anything 'Buhari' spells disasters...

This is just the beginning of the downfall of a useless 'merger' parading hosts of political prostitutes. Dead On Arrival (DOA) merger. Nna better 'unmerged' before it's too late. lol.

PDP.. Keep smiling.

wink

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari’s Ambition Unsettles Merger Plan by Burger01(m): 12:08pm On Apr 29, 2013
talktimi: You can't just bring someone over from his comfortable abode and tell him to forget his dreams which were very possible to achieve just because you're housing him now. Buhari has never told anyone he wants to become a god father or political bystander, his intentions from time has been to become a democratically elected president of Nigeria to "correct" the corruption evils, why should he dump the CPC (through merger) that gave him a platform to contest for APC(?) When they won't give him such a platform ? It would have been better the CPC stays on its own, a little more serious campaign this time would have given the PDP a serious run for their money. So once again I don't believe this story because as I say, any serious group of people would have trashed these things out long ago.

I thought Buhari cried and begged on national TV hereafter promising not to have anything to do with presidential race in Nigeria after the last presidential election.

Btw, which evils are you talking about? Evils in Boko Haram masks created by this very big liar of a politician! Buhari is a lost cause and any 'sensible' political party would not even want to dine with him with a looooonnng spoon.

sad

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari’s Ambition Unsettles Merger Plan by qualified(f): 12:12pm On Apr 29, 2013
Hm. The merger will be a mistake if they dont settle who their candidate will be before they continue cos that ll be d beginning of their end.
Btw, wht makes them think d man has buried his ambition?
Good, he will lose as usual, thus fulfilling d 'political suicide prophecy'

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari’s Ambition Unsettles Merger Plan by Lilimax(f): 12:17pm On Apr 29, 2013
I said it earlier. Buhari will want to impose himself as the flag
bearer of the new merger. He wants to rule at all cost.
People should read the signs and object it.
I still dey laugh in Isoko language hhhhehehehehahahahah

1 Like

Re: 2015: Buhari’s Ambition Unsettles Merger Plan by superbloke(m): 1:17pm On Apr 29, 2013
I may be wrong but I have noticed something about these reports on the different proposed presidential candidates of the merger and the alleged crises in the merger plans. Most of them are reported by either THIS DAY or THE TRIBUNE. Before i opened the thread, i guessed it would be one of these two and i wasn't wrong. Just my observation grin
Re: 2015: Buhari’s Ambition Unsettles Merger Plan by Omen100(m): 1:25pm On Apr 29, 2013
mekaboy:

fool, just last week the same Buhari & Tinubu had a closed door meeting with the current speak of house of representative, asking him to run for presidency under APC.
Re: 2015: Buhari’s Ambition Unsettles Merger Plan by thelastPope(m): 2:25pm On Apr 29, 2013
APC is like Manchester City. A bunch of mecenaries with a poor coach. They will not make it because soon the lack of team spirit, common ideology, common goal and common interest will destroy them. The only thing biding them together is the ambition to replace PDP. That is a very silly reason to form a party. It was dead on arrival.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Buhari’s Ambition Unsettles Merger Plan by mekaboy(m): 5:10pm On Apr 29, 2013
Omen100:

fool, just last week the same Buhari & Tinubu had a closed door meeting with the current speak of house of representative, asking him to run for presidency under APC.

I assume you belong to the violence driving APC party,Run by a blood thirsty old man and a thief. You have not lost the election yet and you are already cursing people. I wonder what you will do when you eventually loose, come 2015. I am sure you can't make yóur point without cursing, I suggest you go and learn your manners before discussing politics.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Buhari’s Ambition Unsettles Merger Plan by qualified(f): 6:33pm On Apr 29, 2013
Omen100:

must u insult, abuse or curse? Losers always throw d 1st punch. Learn to be civilized, it ll cost u nothing rather it ll pay u!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Cannot Contest Against Jonathan In 2015- Gov Amaechi. / President Goodluck Jonathan Begs PDP Governors / Rauf Aregbesola To Replace Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.