Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

For Single Ladies In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / For Single Ladies In Nigeria (1542 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. / Tips On Finding A Wife For Single Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Single Ladies In Nigeria by Toks2008(m): 11:03am On Apr 30, 2013
There is a worrisome trend observed presently pertaining to the age of many single ladies in Nigeria.

In my view, these are some of the various factors that could be responsible for this growing trend and possible solutions to it.

1. Educational factor:

Many Nigerian ladies tend to believe that they must acquire a certain level of education before they settle down as a wife irrespective of their age.

Unfortunately this should not be so. Many Nigerian ladies tend to secure admission into tertiary institutions rather too late and if they have to wait to acquire the first degree before settling down then they just might be too advanced in age.

You can be married and still attain any level of education you desire.It all depends on proper planning and understanding between you and your hubby.

2. Believing there is still time:

Many Nigerian ladies usually have the false believe that they need to enjoy their singleness before "giving up" their freedom to a man.

This is a big lie from the pits of hell because enjoying your freedom has no other connotation other than frolicking with as many men as you want which usually has a negative consequence in the long run. If you are fortunate to see a man that loves you and want to settle down with you then why frustrate him out of the affair thinking you are still young. There is no ideal age for marriage but it makes more sense to settle down before that sound thirty is added to your age because believe me, many unmarried men love to marry a twenty something year old lady.

3. Tight age difference:

This is not really a strong factor in many advanced countries of the world where there is a low poverty level but in Nigeria, we need to take this into consideration.

A 19 year old lady falling in love with a 20yr old guy has automatically consented to the possibly of waiting for about 8/9 years for the guy to achieve a level of stability before ever thinking of settling down but dating a man of 25years may reduce her waiting years if the guy is truly sincere with her.

Remember that age is no barrier with respect to love but in Nigeria, it is worth considering if you really don't want to risk been dumped due to very long period of courtship which is not advisable so i advice every young lady to date a man with age gap that is reasonable enough to allow the man some level of independence.

4. Been too dependent.

Men will run away from a lady that is too dependent whether you are 18years or 25years. A man will not mind to settle for a lady of lower status than you are if she shows some level of independence so rather than be too dependent, try to be as independent as you can and you are almost certain he will want to settle down with you faster than you can imagine.Little wonder why many independent ladies are hot cakes for eligible bachelors so get something doing and stop making crazy demands all the time.

5 Looking for ready made man.

Look here ladies, don't fool yourself. Trying to catch a big fish is ok but not advisable.
If it happens by chance, fine but deliberately shoving off suitors simply because they are not rich is never the best and this brings the 4th factor back into the picture.

Worse still, most rich guys will never respect you and will always fight the taught that you are with them because of their money. So stop looking out for a ready made man and give genuine feelings a chance. Look for potentials and not a made man.

6. HIGH EXPECTATION;

Let me skip every other factors too numerous to highlight and dwell on this very important factor which is by far one of the most important factors why we have many single ladies above 30yrs in Nigeria.

Many Ladies dream of fairy tale weddings. They want 10step cakes, wedding gowns from the best designers and they always want to compete with their friends who just had a flamboyant wedding and they foolishly discuss this with their fiance who is still trying to get a job.

Before you say jack, this guy will take to his heels even if he genuinely loves you and settle for a younger lady hoping by the time the young lady attains a ripe age for marriage, he would have been ok enough to have such expensive wedding.

Get this straight,99% of high society weddings you see are either sponsored by the bride or the groom's parents who have all the cash to throw around. Learn to plan your life in respect to your financial status and that of your fiance.

Your spouse is just 30 and still struggling while you are 25 yet you are expecting to have a wedding worth over 1million naira or even over 500k yet you know that both parents can not even afford this so why not cut down the cost and do a moderate wedding and start your lives happily.

You can decide to do wedding worth millions of naira later in life when you are rich enough.

This factor is responsible for many broken relationships and its high time our Nigerian ladies realized this.

7. Bad character:

I can't stress this enough. Many ladies are very proud, arrogant, abusive,domineering and highly flirtatious. Believe me,you may end up never getting married and if you luckily get married then get ready to be thrown out except you change fast. No man can cope with such.

8.Curse:

This is Africa where diabolism can't be overruled so be very vigilant with your situation. Our movies have illustrated facts that can not be ignored.

Pray to GOD if you realize that you are still single against all odds.

Hope this helps.

Source: Olabode Olatokunbo
Re: For Single Ladies In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 30, 2013
Toks2008: There is a worrisome trend observed presently pertaining to the age of many single ladies in Nigeria.

In my view, these are some of the various factors that could be responsible for this growing trend and possible solutions to it.

1. Educational factor:

Many Nigerian ladies tend to believe that they must acquire a certain level of education before they settle down as a wife irrespective of their age.

Unfortunately this should not be so. Many Nigerian ladies tend to secure admission into tertiary institutions rather too late and if they have to wait to acquire the first degree before settling down then they just might be too advanced in age.

You can be married and still attain any level of education you desire.It all depends on proper planning and understanding between you and your hubby.

2. Believing there is still time:

Many Nigerian ladies usually have the false believe that they need to enjoy their singleness before "giving up" their freedom to a man.

This is a big lie from the pits of hell because enjoying your freedom has no other connotation other than frolicking with as many men as you want which usually has a negative consequence in the long run. If you are fortunate to see a man that loves you and want to settle down with you then why frustrate him out of the affair thinking you are still young. There is no ideal age for marriage but it makes more sense to settle down before that sound thirty is added to your age because believe me, many unmarried men love to marry a twenty something year old lady.

3. Tight age difference:

This is not really a strong factor in many advanced countries of the world where there is a low poverty level but in Nigeria, we need to take this into consideration.

A 19 year old lady falling in love with a 20yr old guy has automatically consented to the possibly of waiting for about 8/9 years for the guy to achieve a level of stability before ever thinking of settling down but dating a man of 25years may reduce her waiting years if the guy is truly sincere with her.

Remember that age is no barrier with respect to love but in Nigeria, it is worth considering if you really don't want to risk been dumped due to very long period of courtship which is not advisable so i advice every young lady to date a man with age gap that is reasonable enough to allow the man some level of independence.

4. Been too dependent.

Men will run away from a lady that is too dependent whether you are 18years or 25years. A man will not mind to settle for a lady of lower status than you are if she shows some level of independence so rather than be too dependent, try to be as independent as you can and you are almost certain he will want to settle down with you faster than you can imagine.Little wonder why many independent ladies are hot cakes for eligible bachelors so get something doing and stop making crazy demands all the time.

5 Looking for ready made man.

Look here ladies, don't fool yourself. Trying to catch a big fish is ok but not advisable.
If it happens by chance, fine but deliberately shoving off suitors simply because they are not rich is never the best and this brings the 4th factor back into the picture.

Worse still, most rich guys will never respect you and will always fight the taught that you are with them because of their money. So stop looking out for a ready made man and give genuine feelings a chance. Look for potentials and not a made man.

6. HIGH EXPECTATION;

Let me skip every other factors too numerous to highlight and dwell on this very important factor which is by far one of the most important factors why we have many single ladies above 30yrs in Nigeria.

Many Ladies dream of fairy tale weddings. They want 10step cakes, wedding gowns from the best designers and they always want to compete with their friends who just had a flamboyant wedding and they foolishly discuss this with their fiance who is still trying to get a job.

Before you say jack, this guy will take to his heels even if he genuinely loves you and settle for a younger lady hoping by the time the young lady attains a ripe age for marriage, he would have been ok enough to have such expensive wedding.

Get this straight,99% of high society weddings you see are either sponsored by the bride or the groom's parents who have all the cash to throw around. Learn to plan your life in respect to your financial status and that of your fiance.

Your spouse is just 30 and still struggling while you are 25 yet you are expecting to have a wedding worth over 1million naira or even over 500k yet you know that both parents can not even afford this so why not cut down the cost and do a moderate wedding and start your lives happily.

You can decide to do wedding worth millions of naira later in life when you are rich enough.

This factor is responsible for many broken relationships and its high time our Nigerian ladies realized this.

7. Bad character:

I can't stress this enough. Many ladies are very proud, arrogant, abusive,domineering and highly flirtatious. Believe me,you may end up never getting married and if you luckily get married then get ready to be thrown out except you change fast. No man can cope with such.

8.Curse:

This is Africa where diabolism can't be overruled so be very vigilant with your situation. Our movies have illustrated facts that can not be ignored.

Pray to GOD if you realize that you are still single against all odds.

Hope this helps.

Source: Olabode Olatokunbo
. OOOH my God!!! So what do we DO?

1 Like

Re: For Single Ladies In Nigeria by Toks2008(m): 11:24am On Apr 30, 2013
Rehnoy: . OOOH my God!!! So what do we DO?
Just be yourself.
Re: For Single Ladies In Nigeria by Enegod(m): 12:00pm On Apr 30, 2013
Re: For Single Ladies In Nigeria by Toks2008(m): 12:42pm On Apr 30, 2013
Re: For Single Ladies In Nigeria by adahib: 1:10pm On Apr 30, 2013
I have this very beautiful friend who is guilty of number 1.she wants to get as many certificates as possible before she decides to get married claiming she may not see a man who will tolerate all the schooling she has in mind.as much as i agree with a woman obtaining as much qualifications as she can hold,it is also sensible to apply a little common sense.time waits for none.i know one can get married at any age but most men and women would prefer to marry one who is seen to be young.
Re: For Single Ladies In Nigeria by Toks2008(m): 1:18pm On Apr 30, 2013
adahib: I have this very beautiful friend who is guilty of number 1.she wants to get as many certificates as possible before she decides to get married claiming she may not see a man who will tolerate all the schooling she has in mind.as much as i agree with a woman obtaining as much qualifications as she can hold,it is also sensible to apply a little common sense.time waits for none.i know one can get married at any age but most men and women would prefer to marry one who is seen to be young.

Bold comments sum it up.
Re: For Single Ladies In Nigeria by Toks2008(m): 10:24am On May 01, 2013
smiley
Re: For Single Ladies In Nigeria by chikeorji123(m): 11:04am On May 01, 2013
Hello Toks2008
What u said is true nothing but the truth!..these exactly what l"m trying to inform our ladies @ THREAD FOR SINGLE LADIES set up by our sister Carmy.Most ladies u see above 30plus miss their chances of getting married on time b/c they believe time is on their side or the suitor is not up to their class,not yet ready for marriage,l'm still schooling,she perseve he's not rich.,.Some ladies might be in a relationship that may not yeild any result closing their mind on someone more serious to marry her.l still believe once a lady is above 19 to 27yrs a suitor must have approach her for marriage!..97% of our single ladies today will not deny that..sorry for long epistle,more is even coming.
Re: For Single Ladies In Nigeria by Toks2008(m): 7:15pm On May 01, 2013
chikeorji123: Hello Toks2008
What u said is true nothing but the truth!..these exactly what l"m trying to inform our ladies @ THREAD FOR SINGLE LADIES set up by our sister Carmy.Most ladies u see above 30plus miss their chances of getting married on time b/c they believe time is on their side or the suitor is not up to their class,not yet ready for marriage,l'm still schooling,she perseve he's not rich.,.Some ladies might be in a relationship that may not yeild any result closing their mind on someone more serious to marry her.l still believe once a lady is above 19 to 27yrs a suitor must have approach her for marriage!..97% of our single ladies today will not deny that..sorry for long epistle,more is even coming.

GBAM!
Re: For Single Ladies In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:21am On May 02, 2013
Please leave single ladies with numerous unsolicited advice.any lady that will marry will marry any one that wont marry,so be it...shooooo shocked una no dey taya.1o things every single lady must know,1o advice to nigerian ladies,1o this,1o that.issshhhh
Re: For Single Ladies In Nigeria by Toks2008(m): 11:48am On May 02, 2013
kulyie: Please leave single ladies with numerous unsolicited advice.any lady that will marry will marry any one that wont marry,so be it...shooooo shocked una no dey taya.1o things every single lady must know,1o advice to nigerian ladies,1o this,1o that.issshhhh

undecided Thats all.

(1) (Reply)

See What Happened At The Church Rehearsal Today Chaii Nkasi +pix / Do i Have To Deflower Her To Prove I Love Her?? / Why Are Men Too Attracted To The "Physical"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.