Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,155 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. (15159 Views)

The Look On Amaechi's Face At The Ministerial Retreat / See What NTA Tweeted On Amaechi Today!! / Kwankwaso: Over N20billion Allegedly Missing From Kano Pension Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by Xfactoria: 6:53pm On Apr 30, 2013
CFCfan: This is why section 308 of the 1999 constitution (as amended) needs to be repealed. It is absurd that criminal investigations on individuals have to be set aside due to the political office such a fellow holds.

Nonetheless, I hope this latest action by d EFCC is not a witch-hunt from President Jonathan, as we saw during OBJ's tenure.

What if it is a witch-hunt? Is the hunted not a witch? You see, comments like yours is why Nigeria is not moving forward.
If Amaechi stole from public purse, as far as I am concerned, I don't care if his political enemies are the ones helping the victims (the people of Rivers State) to find justice, justice must be done. He must be prosecuted. Period!!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by ITbomb(m): 7:01pm On Apr 30, 2013
Yea Fresh Air
Goodluck is fighting corruption
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 30, 2013
X-factoria:

What if it is a witch-hunt? Is the hunted not a witch? You see, comments like yours is why Nigeria is not moving forward.
If Amaechi stole from public purse, as far as I am concerned, I don't care if his political enemies are the ones helping the victims (the people of Rivers State) to find justice, justice must be done. He must be prosecuted. Period!!!!!!!

I agree with the bolded.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 30, 2013
What is EFCC?
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 30, 2013
click2cbn: What is EFCC?

Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by toshacer: 7:31pm On Apr 30, 2013
Suddenly, Amaechi, a PDP governor and a Nigerian politician suddenly becomes a saint on NairaLand because he is seen as an enemy to the President.

Dino Melaye is fighting Ibrahim Idris ex Kogi Governor and has filed a case in court for all 56billion Naira he embezzled as governor, is he being witch hunted as well?

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/national/132079-former-kogi-rep-dino-melaye-drags-ex-governor-idris-to-court-over-n56bn-loot.html

1 Like

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by badmrkt(m): 7:34pm On Apr 30, 2013
Who remembers the power showdown between OBJ and Tinubu? Twas a Yoruba thang,you know? Now it's GEJ and Amaechi,Niger Delta thang you might want to call it!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by toolovely(m): 7:35pm On Apr 30, 2013
duality:

silly sentiments.

why don't you see it from the angle that most of our politicians are corrupt. with your mindset I don't think we can successfully fight corruption. Lets just say EFCC decides to prob Edo or Lagos state govt, people like you'll call it victimization.

See it in which angle? Gej set up several committees on the fuel subsidy scam and all the various committees indicted the minister ☀f petroleum but efcc has turned a blind eyes towards that.
Since 2007, why is it now that he's having problem with gej that they now remembered that he's corrupt?
I can only deduce that efcc is a tool for witch hunting your political enemy not for the good ☀f Nigeria
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by Xfactoria: 8:01pm On Apr 30, 2013
toolovely:

See it in which angle? Gej set up several committees on the fuel subsidy scam and all the various committees indicted the minister ☀f petroleum but efcc has turned a blind eyes towards that.
Since 2007, why is it now that he's having problem with gej that they now remembered that he's corrupt?
I can only deduce that efcc is a tool for witch hunting your political enemy not for the good ☀f Nigeria

I'm sorry to say this, but you are really backward! If you love Nigeria and you truly want a change, you will look beyond sentiments and ask the right question - did Amaechi commit the crime he is being accused of or not??

Leave Jonathan out of this. His day of reckoning too will come but now, it is Amaechi's "a*s*s" that is being opened. Let us deal with that and pray that sometime in the future it would be GEJ's turn.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by waliezi(m): 8:17pm On Apr 30, 2013
Dis Guy: EFCC do they still exist?

anyway GEJ has not been able to oust any northern governor but he's hounding his own Niger Delta Crew Sylvia & co,
one day front no go fit go, back sef no reverse..if he thinks all those women in his cabinet will protect him, hes got another thing coming
. My frend let grow up. I'm not a fan of GEJ or Ameachi though ameachi is my Ikwerre brother but i tink it's 2much 4 him. Owing 2task on GEJ wit d Northern fighting hard 2bring him down, i expect every South South politician 2giv him support other than tryin 2pull him down as Ameachi hav been doin repetedly wit every opportunity he got evn wit rivers money.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by solomon111(m): 8:21pm On Apr 30, 2013
X-factoria:

10^6 likes.
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by Cruxxy(m): 8:26pm On Apr 30, 2013
tosh_acer: Suddenly, Amaechi, a PDP governor and a Nigerian politician suddenly becomes a saint on NairaLand because he is seen as an enemy to the President.

Dino Melaye is fighting Ibrahim Idris ex Kogi Governor and has filed a case in court for all 56billion Naira he embezzled as governor, is he being witch hunted as well?

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/national/132079-former-kogi-rep-dino-melaye-drags-ex-governor-idris-to-court-over-n56bn-loot.html

Its not witch hunt. Dino just needs to be settled. Na business
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 30, 2013
If your hand is clean then no one will witch hunt you, I wont be surprised that i will wake up one day and see Amaechi has been impeached. Let me ask self why has t.a orji not been impeached?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by antiembezzle: 8:48pm On Apr 30, 2013
IMPEACHMENT THINGS, 1, 2, GOOO.. 1)chibuike amaechi 2)sule lamido 3)babangida aliyu... GEJ2015... Fresh air continues.
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by Kjking(m): 8:52pm On Apr 30, 2013
Am pwity sure akpabio's hand is in it
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by clint77ng: 8:52pm On Apr 30, 2013
Must Amechi join those cattle rearers to fight his own brother? he takes GEJ's calmness to be weakness. He is d president. He can order for ur execution and nothing will happen. So using EFCC is just to ginger u, make u know say u get boss. y fight him wen u know u r fully handicap? Rotimi rem say wen e set, those mallams no go sabi u.
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by mbulela: 8:56pm On Apr 30, 2013
X-factoria:

I share your sentiments. This has been my assertion all this while.For all the cries about Ribadu i asked for proof that those being persecuted were innocent. Infact my annoyance was that non of those thieves is in jail today.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by mbulela: 8:57pm On Apr 30, 2013
gboss4sure: If your hand is clean then no one will witch hunt you, I wont be surprised that i will wake up one day and see Amaechi has been impeached. Let me ask self why has t.a orji not been impeached?
because he is not a threat to the clowns at the top. They will allow him to wallow in his thieving tendencies and ineptitude.
Due you think those attacking Amaechi are doing it out of love for Rivers state?
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by antiembezzle: 8:58pm On Apr 30, 2013
slimming: Jona men should find another work than running after Amaechi
and to what do we owe your insanity. You punks said GEJ is not doing enough to tackle corruption, we told you to be patient cos the FG was sill gathering info, now the investigations are done and the clamour for probes drums up, you hypocritical lots are set to dance a new tune. The war against corruption has been comissioned by the crime's comission and even if your father or state governor is involved he must pay dearly for it.. Though i still prefer a death sentence for defaulters.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by mbulela: 9:00pm On Apr 30, 2013
Demdem: Efcc should first revisit the retardeen's wife money laundering case. Rubbish.
EFCC is a blackmail tool of the presidency.
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by clint77ng: 9:07pm On Apr 30, 2013
ooooooooooohmmm. GEJ u too soft. Who no go insult u. Aliyu, Tinubu, Amechi, Okorocha, Nlanders, some paid Apc/Apga factional chairmen, elrufai. Abeg comot for road. Wey Obj come take over make respect and prestige come back to the presidency.
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by obailala(m): 9:15pm On Apr 30, 2013
X-factoria:

[size=14pt]What if it is a witch-hunt? Is the hunted not a witch? You see, comments like yours is why Nigeria is not moving forward.
[/size]
May God bless u for this statement. If only we can have 50% of Nigerians reasoning like this, then I believe Nigeria will become a better place.

The nation has degenerated into a state where 'big' criminals can never be punished. In this regard, if a 'big' criminal is going to be punished simply because he doesn't support GEJ, then I say this is a very welcome development. As long as the witch-hunted are really witches, then we as Nigerians should actually support their witch-hunting because this may just be the ONLY chance we may ever have at seeing these vampires being brought to justice.

A simple principle I believe is that is GEJ destroys all his corrupt opponents, one day one day the opposition must take over and destroy GEJ and his ilks who are corrupt. Its a simple case of using fire to fight fire and it may just as well be the ONLY hope to cleanse Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 30, 2013
SOMEE QUESTIONS NEED TO BE ANSWERED. 1. WHY DID EFCC REMEMBER THIS CASE AGAINST AMAECHI NOW? 2.WHY DID THE JET AMAECHI USES GROUNDED NOW.?WHEN AMAECHI WAS IN GOOD TERMS WITH JONATHAN, WHERE ALL THESE THINGS COMING.MY CONCLUSION IS AMAECHI IS IN TROUBLE HAVING FELL-OUT WITH THE PRESIDENT.THIS IS NOT GOOD.
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by obailala(m): 9:26pm On Apr 30, 2013
CFCfan: This is why section 308 of the 1999 constitution (as amended) needs to be repealed. It is absurd that criminal investigations on individuals have to be set aside due to the political office such a fellow holds.

Nonetheless, I hope this latest action by d EFCC is not a witch-hunt from President Jonathan, as we saw during OBJ's tenure.
Demdem: Efcc should first revisit the retardeen's wife money laundering case. Rubbish.
toolovely:

mbulela:
because he is not a threat to the clowns at the top. They will allow him to wallow in his thieving tendencies and ineptitude.
Due you think those attacking Amaechi are doing it out of love for Rivers state?
mbulela:
EFCC is a blackmail tool of the presidency.
iheanyiebeneze: SOMEE QUESTIONS NEED TO BE ANSWERED. 1. WHY DID EFCC REMEMBER THIS CASE AGAINST AMAECHI NOW? 2.WHY DID THE JET AMAECHI USES GROUNDED NOW.?WHEN AMAECHI WAS IN GOOD TERMS WITH JONATHAN, WHERE ALL THESE THINGS COMING.MY CONCLUSION IS AMAECHI IS IN TROUBLE HAVING FELL-OUT WITH THE PRESIDENT.THIS IS NOT GOOD.

As long as the witch-hunted Amaechi is actually a witch, then this is a very welcome development. It may not be the most desirable approach but you know what they say when the desirable isn't available.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by onyianyi(m): 9:38pm On Apr 30, 2013
Rotimi Amaechi has a hand in this news, just trying to create a scene of GEJ witch-hunting him. Useless and easy to buy Nigerian press.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by NYRM: 9:42pm On Apr 30, 2013
Nigerian Youths wake up, We have no other country except Nigeria, We have been suffering in silence while our Leaders put our future in their bank accounts. How can we remain like this? How can a youth go to school and suffered to graduate at the end no job. You are almost 40 and still your future is as bleak as a dark room. Did your parents send you to school to sit at home because our Government have failed us. Let us come out one day and say No. We must not remain like this, we cannot all travel abroad to find a better life, our better life is here in our country. We have the money, oil and resources but only a selected few have continue to suck it dry why we keep believing God for a change, wake up now I challenge you. We need 500,000 youths in each of the 36states to challenge the Government. We say NO, we will destroy this country and rebuild it afresh, we will Kill those who stand on our way as they are consideredthe enemy. A man cannot have billions of naira while millions of youths roam the streets every day looking for daily bread. Our young men must not all be kidnappers, our young girls must not all be prostitutes. Get Ready I tell you. The time has come for us to react, the only way our Government listens is violence,they have shown it to the Niger delta militantsand nowthey are planning to show it to the boko haram..whereas a simple gesture of N20,000 per monthto the unemployed was rejected and you pay militants N75,000 per month. How much do they pay as minimum wage? How much do they pay to elected officers, we are going to revolt. Nigeria will burn to berebuilt again like Libya, Iraq, Egypt and Tunisia...pleas e spread this message unless you want todie in poverty in a country where God has destined all of us to be happy and prosperous...!! ! Pls send this msg to all ur contact cos anytin can happen o!!! The time is right for us all to say no bad governance who take the youths for granted!
I knw sum will say NO let start the move together by joining the group "nigerian youths movement for revolution"pls don't send friend request just like the group "nigerian youths movement for revolution" help us in recommending the group to ur family and friend say no to bad leaders, say no to oppressors

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by NYRM: 9:46pm On Apr 30, 2013
Nigerian Youths wake up, We have no other country except Nigeria, We have been suffering in silence while our Leaders put our future in their bank accounts. How can we remain like this? How can a youth go to school and suffered to graduate at the end no job. You are almost 40 and still your future is as bleak as a dark room. Did your parents send you to school to sit at home because our Government have failed us. Let us come out one day and say No. We must not remain like this, we cannot all travel abroad to find a better life, our better life is here in our country. We have the money, oil and resources but only a selected few have continue to suck it dry why we keep believing God for a change, wake up now I challenge you. We need 500,000 youths in each of the 36states to challenge the Government. We say NO, we will destroy this country and rebuild it afresh, we will Kill those who stand on our way as they are consideredthe enemy. A man cannot have billions of naira while millions of youths roam the streets every day looking for daily bread. Our young men must not all be kidnappers, our young girls must not all be prostitutes. Get Ready I tell you. The time has come for us to react, the only way our Government listens is violence,they have shown it to the Niger delta militantsand nowthey are planning to show it to the boko haram..whereas a simple gesture of N20,000 per monthto the unemployed was rejected and you pay militants N75,000 per month. How much do they pay as minimum wage? How much do they pay to elected officers, we are going to revolt. Nigeria will burn to berebuilt again like Libya, Iraq, Egypt and Tunisia...pleas e spread this message unless you want todie in poverty in a country where God has destined all of us to be happy and prosperous...!! ! Pls send this msg to all ur contact cos anytin can happen o!!! The time is right for us all to say no bad governance who take the youths for granted!
I knw sum will say NO let start the move together by joining the group "nigerian youths movement for revolution"pls don't send friend request just like the group "nigerian youths movement for revolution" help us in recommending the group to ur family and friend say no to bad leaders, say no to oppressors
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by peace3: 10:02pm On Apr 30, 2013
slimming: Jona men should find another work than running after Amaechi
I NOW AGREED THAT JONATHAN IS STUPID,MAD AND VERY USELESS MAN.YOU DON'T PLAY POLITICS THIS WAY.IS JONATHAN CLEAN?HE HAS TAKEN HIS BAYELSA KAI KAI AND HIS ADVISERS ARE DIGGING HIS GRAVE.MOST CERTAINLY,HE WILL LOOSE OUT AT THE END.DEAD MAN CALLED PRESIDENT
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 30, 2013
And while this saga, intrigues and madness continues development of Rivers State continue to suffer!
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by iykak47: 10:21pm On Apr 30, 2013
It baffles me when some people ask why should efcc probe Amaechi.
The question is, did Amaechi steal Rivers state money or not? Being against the president is not an immunity from prosecution.
One proverb says, Don't walk at night if you don't want to see a ghost. Stay out of corruption/crime if you don't want to face the law. Simple.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by moodswing(m): 10:51pm On Apr 30, 2013
Amechi should be tried for committing political suicide.

When he started tying the noose, most of us who understands the supremacy of executive power started shouting. No Amechi Nwam. Biko don't kill yourself..

And he didn't listen...

Now, his political burial has been arranged, we are just waiting for the last episode to to unfold.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 30, 2013
why has efcc suddenly woken up to fight amaechi. anyway......am sure the ogboni house is getting too divided in rivers state. all the youths theyr recruited into the system will be gunning for their head by now. silly cultists.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soldiers In Delta Arrest Ex-militant Leader, Others Ahead Of Osinbajo’s Visit / Transparency International Ordered To Leave Nigeria Within 72 Hours / Why The 2017 Budget Signing Was Delayed - Acting President, Osinbajo Explains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.