Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating (2776 Views)

President Jonathan's Approval Rating Was 60% In November - NOI Polls / Jonathan’s Approval Needed To Demolish Amigo Supermarket / Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 30, 2013
Only 4 out of 10 Nigerians approved of Mr Jonathan’s performance.

Fresh from the whopping 8-point drop in March, President Goodluck Jonathan’s approval rating continues to take a bloody nose according to the NOI Polls for April released on Tuesday.The President’s rating dropped by 4 points in April to an all time low approval rating of 42 per cent since NOI started conducting the polls 4 months ago. A further breakdown of the result shows only 4 out of 10 Nigerians approved of Mr. Jonathan’s performance.The poll, aimed at gauging “approval rating of the president, the performance of the current administration, and the situation of power supply in the country,” shows more Nigerians are getting frustrated and are beginning to lose faith in the government.

The poll also shows that despite government’s claim of improved power supply most Nigerians think it has become worst. Over 68 per cent of respondents say power has either gotten worse or has not improved. Last Sunday, media aide to the President, Doyin Okupe, said that the Jonathan- administration has almost resolved all the problems it inherited in the power sector, adding power generation will hit 10,000 megawatts by December.

Rated highly in South South
Also, a geo-political analysis of the poll result show the president has drastically lost ground when compared with the 2011 election results. The poll shows that the president’s best approval rating is from the South South geopolitical zone with 59 per cent approval rating. This is not entirely surprising as the President is from the South South zone. However, when compared with the election result from the same zone two years ago, this rating becomes less cheering. According to the election result, the President won 95.97 per cent in the zone. The NOI poll show the president has lost over 36 points in his approval rating since the election.The story is not different in South East zone. The president received the highest number of votes from this region (98 per cent) during the election. However, the NOI poll shows he now has 58 per cent approval rating from the zone. This is a 40 points drop since after the election.

According to NOI polls, the President approval rating in the South West zone is 29 per cent. When compared to his rating during the election where he won 57.80 per cent of the votes, this is more than 28 per cent drop in his approval rating.
The President has the lowest rating in the North Central region with an abysmal 23 per cent approval rating.
The poll did not give the breakdown of Mr Jonathan’s approval rating in the North West and North East region although it is difficult to expect that his rating will be any better in these regions.

During the 2011 election when he was winning by a landslide in other regions, he recorded his lowest votes in these regions (North West 32.13 per cent; North East 34.54 per cent). With the administration’s poor handling of the Boko Haram insurgency in the North East and his increasing unpopularity in the Northern region, generally, one can only expect his approval ratings in these regions to be more abysmal.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/132031-again-jonathans-approval-rating-takes-a-beating.html
Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by effizy123(m): 3:43pm On Apr 30, 2013
These are signs of things to come for GEJ in 2015, except miracle happens before then.
Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by NeoXVI: 3:50pm On Apr 30, 2013
Nice! Didn't know they now have monthly polls in Naija. They should do the same for state governors and senators(in their districts, of course). If and when elected officials start taking these polls seriously, the better for everyone as they would begin to do just a bit more knowing that people are watching closely and responding accordingly.
Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by MrGlobe(m): 4:04pm On Apr 30, 2013
Approval ratings in Nigeria? By whom? To whom? I bet it was a concoction of Amala People's Congress grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by Demdem(m): 4:04pm On Apr 30, 2013
Gradually, the whole nation is now realizing that a disaster was voted in to govern them. Will they make the same mistake another time? Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 30, 2013
This NOI poll looks believable. The approval rating of 4 out of 10 at this point in time is not bad, neither is it totally unexpected. It is common for approval ratings to drop after elections and even towads mid-term. If in doubt ask Obama, Francois Hollande,etc

The approval rating of the president will improve further towards the end of this year. Before middle of 2014, it will peak again. When campaigns and propaganda of elections begin in 2015, it will reach all time high. That is the normal trend.

1 Like

Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by kingingkinging: 4:50pm On Apr 30, 2013
The only regret I have is voting for him in the last general election.

There can never be a repeat of such. Once beating twice shy.

Retardeen J.

1 Like

Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 30, 2013
One other thing, this poll should be extended to other areas- state governors, local govt chairmen, legislators, lecturers, judiciary, PHCN, police, hospitals, schools,etc.
Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 30, 2013
The rating is not far from reality. I am really not surprised at the turn of events in SS, SE and SW but a bit surprised that his approvals in NC (Middle Belt) is nothing to write home about. GEJ is losing it big time.
Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 30, 2013
kingingkinging: The only regret I have is voting for him in the last general election.

There can never be a repeat of such. Once beating twice shy.

Retardeen J.
And who's interested in who you voted in 2011? How do we know whether you'r telling lies or not?

I find it strange that the same person you claim to have voted for less than 2yrs ago is who you now call derogatory names. What could explain the sudden radical change? Are you one of those unpatriotic Nigerians that collect N200 to cast their vote on election day?

Meanwhile, I peeped thru your profile and what I saw could also explain the sudden radical change. All of your topics were pro-ACN/yoruba. See them below:

Politics / Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times (1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17)
by kingingkinging . 550 posts& 13308 views.

Politics / Lagos Light Rail’ll Be Ready In June – Fashola [image]
by kingingkinging . 3 posts & 100 views.

Politics / Lagos State Gives Transformers To Mdas, Lawmakers,etc
by kingingkinging . 3 posts & 97 views.

Music/Radio / D'banj Gets 4 Nominations At 2012 World Music Award
by kingingkinging . 2 posts & 224 views. 9:44pm On Dec 12 , 2012

Celebrities / Omotola Scared Of Revealing Her Private Life In TV Reality Show (1)
by kingingkinging . 48 posts & 7460 views. 10:25pm On Dec 08 , 2012

Politics / Multi-billion Naira Steel Mill Opened At Magboro, Ogun State (1)
by kingingkinging . 53 posts & 4698 views. 10:11am On Dec 08

Sports / Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo & Andres Iniesta On Ballon D'or List
by kingingkinging . 1 post & 125 views. 4:22pm On Nov 29 , 2012 ( kingingkinging

Politics / Lagos Joins 20 Global Cities
by kingingkinging . 2 posts & 78 views. 8:26am On Nov 20 , 2012 ( kingingkinging )

Sports / Messi Passes Pele's Goals In One Calendar Year
by kingingkinging . 2 posts & 150 views. 11:48am On Nov 12 , 2012 ( semid4lyfe )

Violent/Disgusting Non-Celebrity Crimes / Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects InPolice Net
by kingingkinging . 1 post & 173 views. 9:36am On Sep 26 , 2012

Just to make the point that there is absolutely nothing wrong in being pro-ACN/yoruba except that it may explain the radical change in position if your claim is true
Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by nuclearboy(m): 5:43pm On Apr 30, 2013
I actually agree with SNigerian though I find it difficult to call him sincere!

These things follow patterns that loosely follow what he has posited though his future projections are really optimistic!

If more time is spent on achieving development and less on 2015 politics and grandstanding, (especially as regards power), the results and perceptions about him will become better! I don't know about others but it means naught where the President comes from - do well and you'll be praised!

There's a lesson in there for those who wish good for GEJ - face your job and bring honor to the office! Childishly following Amaechi is counter-productive

1 Like

Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by truth4meal(m): 5:47pm On Apr 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
And who's interested in who you voted in 2011? How do we know whether you'r telling lies or not?

I find it strange that the same person you claim to have voted for less than 2yrs ago is who you now call derogatory names. What could explain the sudden radical change? Are you one of those unpatriotic Nigerians that collect N200 to cast their vote on election day?

Meanwhile, I peeped thru your profile and what I saw could also explain the sudden radical change. All of your topics were pro-ACN/yoruba. See them below:

Politics / Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times (1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17)

Celebrities / Omotola Scared Of Revealing Her Private Life In TV Reality Show (1)

by kingingkinging . 1 post & 125 views. 4:22pm On Nov 29 , 2012 ( kingingkinging

by kingingkinging . 2 posts & 78 views. 8:26am On Nov 20 , 2012 ( kingingkinging )

by kingingkinging . 2 posts & 150 views. 11:48am On Nov 12 , 2012 ( semid4lyfe )

Violent/Disgusting Non-Celebrity Crimes / Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects InPolice Net

Just to make the point that there is absolutely nothing wrong in being pro-ACN/yoruba except that it may explain the radical change in position if your claim is true
why not stick to the matter at hand or is this rating not grave enough? in case you don't understand what that rating means it means you are about to lose your job as a paid patriot and online mouthpiece of the clueless ones because 2015 is the end of this impotent administration.
Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by aletheia(m): 6:46pm On Apr 30, 2013
Gallup looked at its figures for presidents dating back to 1946 to reach that conclusion -- and pointedly noted that President Obama for the last two weeks has been sitting at a 45 percent job approval rating.

Source

Moral of this tale? In a Presidential style democracy; presidential approval ratings are usually at the lowest during the mid-term point.

Anyone using this as a pointer to the outcome of 2015 elections is naive.

1 Like

Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by OmoTier1(m): 6:51pm On Apr 30, 2013
Hehe who on earth was expecting the drunkard to get 10/10? Sheikena oh cool
Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by akaOpene(m): 7:18pm On Apr 30, 2013
I do not claim to know the technicalities involved in these polls and its attendant ratings but i know for sure that things would have been better if there has been real and sustained improvement in electricity supply to Nigerians like it was during the short-lived tenure of Bart Nnaji.Moreover,the likes of Igali are compounding the problems of the present administration by telling lies about the power situation.
Nigerians are generally patient and magnanimous and i believe they will really understand if Jonathan in all sincerity asks for more time to fix the power sector.The likes of Igali only create mistrust between government and its citizens.
They need to learn from Nnaji who matched words with actions with almost every Nigerian testifying that he was indeed a man of his words.So who says Nigerians are perennial critics who do not appreciate a performer when they see one?
Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 30, 2013
truth4meal: why not stick to the matter at hand or is this rating not grave enough? in case you don't understand what that rating means it means you are about to lose your job as a paid patriot and online mouthpiece of the clueless ones because 2015 is the end of this impotent administration.
As we speak your Lagos gods (Tinubu and Fashola) cannot conduct Lagos local council polls because DEFEAT is starring them in the face. They have resorted to immoral tenure elongation. At the moment the duo can give up N100billion to have their rating come up to 4 in 10
Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 30, 2013
akaOpene: I do not claim to know the technicalities involved in these polls and its attendant ratings but i know for sure that things would have been better if there has been real and sustained improvement in electricity supply to Nigerians like it was during the short-lived tenure of Bart Nnaji.Moreover,the likes of Igali are compounding the problems of the present administration by telling lies about the power situation.
Nigerians are generally patient and magnanimous and i believe they will really understand if Jonathan in all sincerity asks for more time to fix the power sector.The likes of Igali only create mistrust between government and its citizens.
They need to learn from Nnaji who matched words with actions with almost every Nigerian testifying that he was indeed a man of his words.So who says Nigerians are perennial critics who do not appreciate a performer when they see one?
When you guys mention Barth Nnaji this, and that, I begin to wonder whether Barth Nnaji went home with some power plants when he was sacked. Too much sentiments and emotions is at play in this country. I acknowledge that Barth Nnaji worked very hard as power minister but to now equate his sack with drop in power supply is to say the least ridiculous. How does anyone expect sustainable improvement in power supply with a mere 4,000mw or so for a population of 160million people? What happens is that as the country generation capacity hits NEW PEAK, there's temporary improvement in power supply. That improvement is soon swallowed up in SOME areas by more demand. It will continue to happen that way until generation capacity far exceed both ACTIVE demand and POTENTIAL demand for electricity. Active and potential demand today should be around 10,000 to 15,000megawatts. Only then shall we have sustained stable power supply.
Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by OsunOriginal: 8:52pm On Apr 30, 2013
bayooooooo: The rating is not far from reality. I am really not surprised at the turn of events in SS, SE and SW but a bit surprised that his approvals in NC (Middle Belt) is nothing to write home about. GEJ is losing it big time.

What has he given to the people of NC apart from bombing, shooting, etc?
Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by akaOpene(m): 9:30pm On Apr 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
When you guys mention Barth Nnaji this, and that, I begin to wonder whether Barth Nnaji went home with some power plants when he was sacked. Too much sentiments and emotions is at play in this country. I acknowledge that Barth Nnaji worked very hard as power minister but to now equate his sack with drop in power supply is to say the least ridiculous. How does anyone expect sustainable improvement in power supply with a mere 4,000mw or so for a population of 160million people? What happens is that as the country generation capacity hits NEW PEAK, there's temporary improvement in power supply. That improvement is soon swallowed up in SOME areas by more demand. It will continue to happen that way until generation capacity far exceed both ACTIVE demand and POTENTIAL demand for electricity. Active and potential demand today should be around 10,000 to 15,000megawatts. Only then shall we have sustained stable power supply.

You have to be more precise about what you meant by 'you guys' before i engage in any meaningful exchange with you.Furthermore,you are in the best position to answer that question you asked about whether Nnaji went home with some power plants when he was sacked because you seem to know it all when it comes to issues concerning the present government at the federal level.
I am an ordinary Nigerian who reserves the right to ask questions and express myself on issues that affect my every day living.I paid precisely $9,850 as my electricity bill for this month and i have been in darkness for the greater part of this month.Presently i have been in darkness for four days running;so get off your high horse and let people express themselves sincerely since that seems to be your mantra.
I have never joined in your e-fight and i do not ever want to be a part of it;but know that you can only win people to your side when you combine your superior knowledge with humility in your interactions with them.It shows an enlightened mind that is certain of his facts.No real individual will bow to your divisive and intimidating tactics of us against 'you guys'.

3 Likes

Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 30, 2013
akaOpene:

You have to be more precise about what you meant by 'you guys' before i engage in any meaningful exchange with you.Furthermore,you are in the best position to answer that question you asked about whether Nnaji went home with some power plants when he was sacked because you seem to know it all when it comes to issues concerning the present government at the federal level.
I am an ordinary Nigerian who reserves the right to ask questions and express myself on issues that affect my every day living.I paid a precisely $9,850 as my electricity bill for this month and i have been in darkness for the greater part of this month.Presently i have been in darkness for four days running;so get off your high horse and let people express themselves sincerely since that seems to be your mantra.
I have never joined in your e-fight and i do not ever want to be a part of it;but know that you can only win people to your side when you combine your superior knowledge with humility in your interactions with them.It shows an enlightened mind that is certain of his facts.No real individual will bow to your divisive and intimidation tactics of us against 'you guys'.
I dont really understand your point. There's nothing to suggest divisiveness in my post. Nothing partisan. My post was more of clarification for those who think Barth Nnaji went home with some megawatts as soon as he was sacked. I'v heard that claim over and over again so I thought I should do some explanation. Those were the people I referred to as "you guys". I know the notorious guys who are here to make trouble and I dont think you'r one of them.
Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by akaOpene(m): 11:06pm On Apr 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I dont really understand your point. There's nothing to suggest divisiveness in my post. Nothing partisan. My post was more of clarification for those who think Barth Nnaji went home with some megawatts as soon as he was sacked. I'v heard that claim over and over again so I thought I should do some explanation. Those were the people I referred to as "you guys". I know the notorious guys who are here to make trouble and I dont think you'r one of them.

I got your clarification,it was the 'you guys' that i couldnt understand.
No hard feelings all the same cos though our approach and thoughts may differ,i believe the average Nigerian wants things to get better since we will be the ones to reap the benefits of an improved standard of living in our dear country.
Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 30, 2013
aletheia:

Moral of this tale? In a Presidential style democracy; presidential approval ratings are usually at the lowest during the mid-term point.

Anyone using this as a pointer to the outcome of 2015 elections is naive.

Yes I agree with sincere9.
Meanwhile,@Sincere,I like this your other ID. Its Kinda cool.
Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by MrMcJay(m): 12:09am On May 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: This NOI poll looks believable. The approval rating of 4 out of 10 at this point in time is not bad, neither is it totally unexpected. It is common for approval ratings to drop after elections and even towads mid-term. If in doubt ask Obama, Francois Hollande,etc

The approval rating of the president will improve further towards the end of this year. Before middle of 2014, it will peak again. When campaigns and propaganda of elections begin in 2015, it will reach all time high. That is the normal trend.

Denial is the first stage of grief, while acceptance is the last. Don't worry, you will accept the result of this poll in 2015. The problem is that by then, your paymaster will be giving you instructions from 'sing-song'.
BTW, how did you come by the moniker 'aletheia'? It sounds like the name of dog food.
Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by Nobody: 12:31am On May 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

And this gave you an impression that he might not be telling the truth? His love for his region by creating topics about his people and about his state makes him an anti GEJ? Bro I 100% supported GEJ in the last election and hoped he is the guy Nigeria needs, but it is nothing close to that. Ever since I came to the world, this nation has never been this bad under any admistration like it is now.
Terrorist attack, inrement in fuel price, kidnappers doing their thing, robbery at its peak... Name it.
I am not blaming gej for all of these vices, but his the one in charge. Who else are we to blame other than him?! Forget not how he his nurturing the militant group 'OPC' in the west to cause commotion and crises just for political points in readiness for 2015, you can say he his not behind it but you and I know the truth in our minds. Setting up governors or political office holders who are not in good term with him...
All these are story because it does not change anything if I keep listing them.

The main point is that we need to stop decieving ourselves by defending our leaders even when they are not doing up to expectation or when they are doing the wrong thing.

In short, if this president can fix power, reduce crime rate and terrorism to the limit, make our roads portable across the federation and battle corruption to any length, development will set in at all sectors without need for defending him by any mouthpiece because those blaming him plus the oppositions won't have anything to rant about other than to support him.
God bless our Nigeria.

Please do not mind my errors, I am using a phone.
Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by Nobody: 1:10am On May 01, 2013
They called it mid term card but nevertheless admitted Oga GEJ had failed. Next year GEJ will pardon more criminals, will initiate another petty fight against Uduaghan and the simmering confrontation with OBJ will be at his peak.

Besides, the consolidation of merger process clearly shows the political configuration now is quite different from that of 2011 making it more difficult to replay such "sentiments" that favored him last time. The greatest impediment to this ambition is that of middle belt where is now clear the president is more of a persona non grata. So the much mouthed SS/SE?MB alliance is more an acronym for losers now.

Ayam laughing.
Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by ba7man(m): 5:22am On May 01, 2013
Since the removal of Barth Nnaji, the electricity supply in my area has nose dived and its at an all time low. Where is the "Fresh Air" promised in this sector Apart from this and the fuel price increase, there's no other GEJ's policies that has affected me. I'm being honest here and not trying to bring him down.
Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by omenka(m): 7:24am On May 01, 2013
Mr. Globe:
Approval ratings in Nigeria? By whom? To whom? I bet it was a concoction of Amala People's Congress grin grin

Please, try and disapoint us for once. U r too predictable.
Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by Goddex: 7:58am On May 01, 2013
GEJ is obviously doing fine and has nothing to worry. Even Obama's mid-term ratings too were very low.

The negatives will be erased when power finally becomes a bit stable and FG starts commissioning many of the completed and ongoing projects
Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by Deeldorado: 10:18am On May 01, 2013
NOI = Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Polls
Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by aletheia(m): 10:29am On May 01, 2013
Kamanda: Yes I agree with sincere9.
Meanwhile,@Sincere,I like this your other ID. Its Kinda cool.

Mr McJay: BTW, how did you come by the moniker 'aletheia'? It sounds like the name of dog food.
^
The least you both could have done is looked at my profile and post history to know that Sincere 9gerian and aletheia are two different people. But then I shouldn't be really surprised since hasty generalizations and conclusions based on faulty premises and limited information seems to pass for punditry in the politics section of Nairaland.

Anyone who has studied the nature of presidential democracies will know that you do not put much stock on mid-term approval ratings which do not signify voting intentions. A week, they say is a long time in politics, but several worrying signs do indicate that the proposed merger will fail to dislodge the PDP and its almost inevitable collapse will end up making PDP even more dominant.

1. The ACN/CPC alliance must show that it presents a clear change from the ruling PDP. Unfortunately it has not done so. Instead it proposes to lure several governors and house of rep members from the PDP and there are moves afoot to get Tambuwal to run for President under its banner. If this materializes it would be a Dilemma with voters asked to choose between PDP-old and PDP-new. Certainly a fair number will decide "the devil you know..."

2. That ACN/CPC is trying to attract a number of PDP bigwigs into their party is an admission that they realize that as things currently stand they cannot defeat PDP except they can find a way to factionalize and weaken the party. This is exactly the scenario that played out in the Ogun state gubernatorial election where the combined votes of the 2 PDP factions far outweighed that of the ACN. It is doubtful if this strategy can be replicated at the National level.

3. Despite all the noise about the proposed merger, we must bear in mind that it has not materialized. The legal requirements for party mergers are quite stringent. Each party must hold a special convention wherein delegates vote to adopt the new party by name. Unfortunately for the APC/CPC alliance the PDP has successfully outmanouevred them in this regard. Expect the APC acronym to be tied up in court litigation for the better part of the year. This is a distraction that the new alliance can ill-afford. By the requirements of the law, if the merging parties choose another name, they are required to hold special conventions to ratify that new name, thus it becomes an easy matter for the PDP to preempt APC/CPC by registering other parties with acronyms similar to any chosen and then heading to court when INEC refuses to register them. I have it on good authority that the ACN/CPC know this and hope to mobilize public opinion as a counterweight to the PDP's shenanigans.

4. Managing General Buhari's ambitions. Already, the esteemed General has indicated his interest in contesting the 2015 elections; and therein lies the bind. He is both an asset and a liability. He is an asset in that in the last elections, he commanded 11+ million votes, mostly in the NW and NE, but he is also a polarizing figure. If he is the candidate of the APC/CPC alliance, then they will lose the election for the demographic fundamentals have not really changed. In the last election, Goodluck Jonathan had 22+ million votes, twice as much as General Buhari. A Buhari candidacy is not going to shave off 5 million votes from Jonathan.

5. The lessons of the last election have not be learned by the opposition. Nigeria runs a presidential style democracy modelled after the USA and in many respects it mirrors that of the USA, even down to mid-term approval ratings. Presidential elections are won and lost on a state by state basis not on a regional basis. Thus the "battleground states" are in the SW. The mistake being made again by the opposition is that they approach the presidential elections as if it was Parliamentary elections of the 1st Republic. The PDP understands this very well and thus knows that it can afford to come in second in the Presidential elections in all of the SW, NW and NE and still win the Presidential elections at the National level. All it needs is to just not lose badly in the aforementioned regions. And this brings us back to point #2 above: the best way to defeat the PDP is to divide it. How to do so while offering a clear alternative?

1 Like

Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by EMMABC1(m): 10:44am On May 01, 2013
NOI means Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. The organization was founded by Ngozi herself. But I think this rating 4rm NOI is a self-indictment by our dear minister herself.
Re: Again, Jonathan’s Approval Rating Takes A Beating by ba7man(m): 10:57am On May 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I don't know if Barth Nnaji hid some megawatts up his a*sehole when leaving office but "RIGHT NOW", GEJ's promise of electricity is sh*t. Its worse and that's the "FACT" regardless of what you say or think.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bank Robbery Management Lesson: The Facts About Life / FG Approves New Automotive Industrial Policy, To Phase Out 'Tokubo' / Jonathan Is From The East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.