Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,166 members, 7,957,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:18 AM

Words Of A Man In Love With A Woman Struggling To Grow Her Natural Hair - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Words Of A Man In Love With A Woman Struggling To Grow Her Natural Hair (1081 Views)

Two Women Fight Over A Man In Kenya Again (Photo) / The Bitter Truth For Struggling Guys In Relationships / Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Words Of A Man In Love With A Woman Struggling To Grow Her Natural Hair by hermosa(f): 3:35pm On Apr 30, 2013
[size=18pt]Saw this on African Naturalistas.com and wanted to share it with everyone.[/size] I love Love
wink smiley tongue cool kiss

Words of a man in love with a struggling Naturalista

This note was written by the husband of one of the naturalistas who left a comment on this post about another naturalista's husband's reaction to natural hair. After cat calls for his opinions by other naturalistas, well, here you have it. The man has spoken.

Natural hair! Natural hair!! Natural hair!!! Where do I start from? Well, let me start from the beginning. A few months after I started dating my wife, I accompanied her to the salon she wanted to have a perm. I noticed that after having a perm, her hair was very thin and scanty, and I could almost see through her hair. When I mentioned it, she told me that her hair was a cause for concern. She said she had been praying and fasting for the growth of her hair for as long as she could remember.

Fast forward to my life as a married man to a beautiful wife with hair problems, I would chuckle each time she told me her prayer points included the growth of her hair. One day, after some research, she announced to me that she was going natural. This was after trying different hair styles from Mohawk to twists. I knew she was nervous about the whole thing so I decided to do a little research of my own to see if there was any way I could help her. As you know I am her knight in shinning armour, and my job is to make her life as comfortable as I can (big grin), secretly I have always loved the natural look.

In doing my research, I found out that black hair can actually grow very long, and also have a lot of interesting textures and styles, but it requires a lot of the right kind of care. In my wife’s quest of having healthy hair, she hadn’t taken the time to actually take care of her hair or even know what kind of texture of hair she had, things like being careful as to what one puts into one’s hair, using a lot of olive oil which I discovered is very good for the hair, heat not being her best of friends etc, so she started the natural hair journey. Now I must say my wife isn’t a very patient person, so on several occasions, she would lose her patience and decide that she wants to have a hair cut. I always discouraged this because I knew that she was just being frustrated and was going to regret it in the end.

In all. I must say her hair has become fuller, longer, and healthier. I will never forget how she looked on our fourth wedding anniversary. She had combed her hair out with a wide tooth comb, she was excited that it had grown. I too was shocked but pleased that it had grown, and was very healthy as well. How could I resist my own African Queen with such luscious kinky hair?

The Kamsons on their 4th wedding anniversary
Did I mention that my wife is very impatient? Yes I am sure I did. Well she would love the length of her hair to get to her bottom, I would love that as well but not in 6 months. It doesn’t work that way. For now she is hanging in there, watching the hair grow and getting to love it.

Will I continue to support her? Yes I would and all the naturalistas out there, because it takes a brave woman to stay different, I love your guts. In fact I am so into making her natural hair journey a success, that I am watching videos on how to take care of little girl's hair, as I wouldn’t mind being my daughter's hairstylist and prevent her from getting damaged hair to begin with.

Signed
A naija man in love with a struggling naturalista.
Bolaji Kamson
Re: Words Of A Man In Love With A Woman Struggling To Grow Her Natural Hair by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 30, 2013
This is a lovely piece about natural African hair; something considered otherwise mundane. I wish I could see madam's face while she read this piece.
Re: Words Of A Man In Love With A Woman Struggling To Grow Her Natural Hair by hermosa(f): 8:14am On May 01, 2013
smiley
Re: Words Of A Man In Love With A Woman Struggling To Grow Her Natural Hair by 190: 8:30am On May 01, 2013
I cannot categorically admit this is true as it only has to be confirmed
by my OGA at the top
Re: Words Of A Man In Love With A Woman Struggling To Grow Her Natural Hair by Nobody: 8:49am On May 01, 2013
Seconded
Re: Words Of A Man In Love With A Woman Struggling To Grow Her Natural Hair by uzoo: 3:00pm On Jul 17, 2013
cheesy
Re: Words Of A Man In Love With A Woman Struggling To Grow Her Natural Hair by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 17, 2013
Good hubby, nice post.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dont Be Fooled / Help! He Doesnt Want To Introduce Me To His Family / How To Make Your Husband Love You Forever And Do Anything For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.