Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (426114 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 12:00am On Aug 11, 2014
tosinjoe: Pls does anyone have a first hand experience with qatarairways or knw how reliable they are?

YES ... they are very reliable, few members travel wit Qatar Airline and gives us Gud reply (experience) about their services.

No delay in their timing both wit their connection flight.

Qatar is more cheaper wen booked ahead (Booking now against d month of October, November, December...) than to book flight within the range of 2-4 weeks of takeoff, it is highly expensive in dis case
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Dekonjay(f): 7:06am On Aug 11, 2014
shidoshi:

people who said "don't make any preparations till you have your visa in your hands" weren't stupid!

No they weren't stupid. They just don't want someone else to be.

" Don't make any preparations" means don't sell your house or property, don't quit your job, don't buy a flight ticket, do not place yourself in an irreversible situation. It doesn't mean you should not seek a host. After all on the ds230 form you need to put an address of where you plan to stay when you arrive as that is where your SSN and GC will be sent. Though your initial address can always be changed at the POE.
FIREWAMI is a family person and it might not be easy finding someone to host more than one person, hence I encourage him to seek a host now, visa or no visa, he has nothing to loose.

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 11, 2014
[quote author=Dekonjay]

No they weren't stupid. They just don't want someone else to be.

" Don't make any preparations" means don't sell your house or property, don't quit your job, don't buy a flight ticket, do not place yourself in an irreversible situation. It doesn't mean you should not seek a host. After all on the ds230 form you need to put an address of where you plan to stay when you arrive as that is where your SSN and GC will be sent. Though your initial address can always be changed at the POE.

you havent gotten a visa yet and rely on so much ''them talk say'' the quoted poster already gone past the interview stage so must have had a ''host'' in his paperwork filled.
The thing is why make arrangements when you dont have ur visa at hand. for eg a dv winner contacts me about hosting possibilities I give up every other family member that could have come stay with me cos I made sacrifice for someone only for the person to call and say I have delays with visa processing.
I repeat do not make any concrete prep until you have ur visa in your hands
my experience QED
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Timika: 7:26am On Aug 11, 2014
Adeboy007:

Gud evening. Pls be calm about dis

I can't say precisely the reason Children's Practice never ask to come back for some vaccines and likewise dat of Q-life dat says some vaccines expire after some days and dat, one should come back for it.

But I have come to get the fact dat it is Not compulsory you go back to Q-life hospital to take d vaccines you were ask to come back for, u can do dat at any Private or General hospital and dat will reduce the prices of each vaccines. Just ensure you take your vaccination record sheet to the hospital so as for dem to update it.

Note: it is necessary you take the expire vaccines BUT NOT compulsory as it will not affect you at The Point of Entry ONLY if your Visa expired before getting to P.O.E. ....... Remember dat ur Visa expiration date is equal to your Medical expiration date

@StSteven... you can had your medical there, Nothing to worry about.
Thank you for your response.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by tosinjoe(m): 12:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
Adeboy thanks for d response
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by felixfelix: 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
Who can tell me, does the $330 still exchange for #56,100? Any direction 4 a convenient n cheap lodge at Obalande? Saw one 4 #6500, could u say dis is cheap relatively? Response pls?

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 12:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
felixfelix: Who can tell me, does the $330 still exchange for #56,100? Any direction 4 a convenient n cheap lodge at Obalande? Saw one 4 #6500, could u say dis is cheap relatively? Response pls?

YES the exchange rate is still 170 to 1 dollar and that is equal to 56,100.

Yes there is a hotel at Obalande that is more cheaper even below your 6,500... let say 5,000..

the name of the hotel is Famous Guest House, Odo Street after UBA at Obalende

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by felixfelix: 2:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
Adeboy007:

Yes there is a hotel at Obalande that is more cheaper even below your 6,500... let say 5,000..

Taken with much gratitude.More favours ahead 007.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by eleshinleekan: 3:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
Adeboy007:

@Prince007,thanks for your time and unwavering commitment to this honorable Greenhouse. Bless be.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 4:07am On Aug 12, 2014
felixfelix: Taken with much gratitude.More favours ahead 007.
when is ur chat pls.... wish u good luck ahead... you shall meet favour at the embassy IJMN

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by felixfelix: 8:49am On Aug 12, 2014
StSteven:
when is ur chat pls.... wish u good luck ahead... you shall meet favour at the embassy IJMN
Amen and so shall God put smiles on ur face 4 d great favour u wd meet b4 d co. I am only counting in days now 4 my testimony bro. U're blssd.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Firewami: 11:04am On Aug 12, 2014
Dekonjay:

More reason he should find a host or any sort of accomodation. Or would you suggest he waits last minute before he starts looking?
It's better to be ready for any eventualities early than late.
@ FIREWAMI please try contacting Pipsland. He has left a post you can reply to as well.
thanks all just saw ur comments all that had been settled
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rcha: 11:59am On Aug 12, 2014
How and where and when and how much do I have to pay for USCIS fees? And why do we have to pay?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bamideleniayo(m): 5:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
rcha: How and where and when and how much do I have to pay for USCIS fees? And why do we have to pay?
Oga , u have to pay it for the sake of your green card......
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bamideleniayo(m): 5:17pm On Aug 13, 2014
rcha: How and where and when and how much do I have to pay for USCIS fees? And why do we have to pay?
The USCIS FEE IS 330 dollars....

Foreign nationals who seek permanent residence in the United States and receive an immigrant visa from the Department of State need to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee online before departing for the United States.

How to Pay the Fee

You must pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee online using USCIS ELIS. You may pay for yourself and for any family members who will live with you in the United States. Attorneys, accredited representatives, and employers are not authorized to create a USCIS ELIS account on your behalf to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee. Only you, as the immigrant, may open a USCIS ELIS account and pay the required fee in order to obtain your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card).

You will need to complete the electronic payment request and provide:

Your Alien number (A-Number) and your Department of State (DOS) Case ID number.
If you pay for your family members, you must have their A-Numbers, DOS Case ID numbers and correct biographic information.
You also will need to provide a valid credit or debit card or, if you choose to have money taken directly from your bank account, a checking account number and the routing number for your U.S. bank.

Source http://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bamideleniayo(m): 5:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
AdenijiPupa: am trying to pay my USCIS fee, but is asking for ROUTINE Number, How do i get that pls?
are u paying from the STATES.....
Your bank routing number is a nine-digit code that’s based on the U.S. Bank location where your account was opened. It’s the first set of numbers printed on the bottom of your checks, on the left side. Often when you’re making a payment by phone or online, you will be asked for your checking account routing number. It’s also referred to as an RTN, a routing transit number, an ABA or a banking routing number.

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by opeone: 11:20pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hello forumite, is it necessary i obtain state i.d before the driver licence. pls your response is urgently needed. And what is the different between the state I.D and the Driver's licence Thanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maikeal: 11:56pm On Aug 13, 2014
Greeting to you all... I'm happy to hear from you guys and to see that the good work of the thread has not stopped.. Just to add a few info that you guys may need..

1. Pls if you travelling, go to market and get a good,thick jacket that u'll use for your trip especially if you have long stop-overs, and if you are not used to extreme cold like me.. Cos i was almost frozen at morroco and moreover the plane is always cold so if u like urself, better carry one sweet jacket..(i swear,,you will thank me later)

2. It doesnt really matter the bank u are using to pay for ur greencard.. I used Enterprise Bank and it was awesome.. So any bank is good as long as: A. Its mastercard and B. It has been activated for internet banking...

3. When paying ur Greencard fee,the 3-digit number at the back of ur ATM card is ur pin.. Dont even think about using ur normal 4-digits ATM withdrawal pin cos it wont work..

4. At POE i wasnt asked to switch my phone on, my bag wasnt searched at all and i wasnt asked any questions at all... I guess i GOT REALLY LUCKY because i saw the way a lot of people were scruntinized and searched thoroughly,how their foods and valuables were destroyed, how they asked them to switch on their phones and how so many phones and gadjets were destroyed too because they weren't able to turn it on, probably because their batteries died on the way to U.S, so save ur battery, 1 bar wont hurt a fly!

5. According to the newyork 103.5 ktu fm's news i heard that countries that posses the EBOLA disease WILL be barred from entering the U.S until the disease is cured permanently, as a measure to prevent the disease from spreading... The law has NOT yet been pass down or decided yet.. So ur prayers will go a long way for those who aren't yet in the U.S...

I thought it would be nice to say 'hi' after a while now, and i have to confess that i miss you all and that every nerve in my body cant wait to see all of You in the U.S soon smiley... Adeboy,Armba,Chijen, kaydaddy,lakesideforchrist,jehovahfavour,phazika and all the founding members (i cant remember all your names) HOPE you all have not forgotten me sha?? smiley.. For your sake u berra dont forget me because i still have my KOBOKO.

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maikeal: 12:03am On Aug 14, 2014
opeone: Hello forumite, is it necessary i obtain state i.d before the driver licence. pls your response is urgently needed. And what is the different between the state I.D and the Driver's licence Thanks.

My answer is NO.. Its not compulsory because the state i.d number is still the same number that will be printed on your driver's licence.. You sholud only get the state I.d if you are not going for driving school ANY SOONER because most jobs requires it before they can hire you, even schools and hospitals ask for it...

State I.d is you Identity card which is used to identify you.., while driver's licence is your identity card with proof that you are now legally approved to drive in the U.S.. Thats the way i understand it.. Hope it helps?

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TeamclicksAir: 12:08am On Aug 14, 2014
phatdon4u: Hello my people! Pls how reliable is wakanow for those that has booked their ticket. Hope they are not scam sha? Any other trusted travel agent that's cheap ooo
Wakanow is not a scam... but you can get cheaper fare here https://www.nairaland.com/1855891/get-cheapest-fare-now...you-think

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kentochi(m): 6:28am On Aug 14, 2014
Adeboy007:

YES ... they are very reliable, few members travel wit Qatar Airline and gives us Gud reply (experience) about their services.

No delay in their timing both wit their connection flight.

Qatar is more cheaper wen booked ahead (Booking now against d month of October, November, December...) than to book flight within the range of 2-4 weeks of takeoff, it is highly expensive in dis case
hi
i sent you pm
pls how i apply for this is it still on?
How much will it cost me to try my luck.
Can you help me with there web site.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 14, 2014
Happy to break the news that @Ikomboy is the latest Wells Fargo staff. May God continue to bless us and make us a blessing unto others.

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 8:33am On Aug 14, 2014
Pipsland78: Happy to break the news that @Ikomboy is the latest Wells Fargo staff. I said we are taking over!!

Why are you still posting in this section?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 9:35am On Aug 14, 2014
maikeal: Greeting to you all... I'm happy to hear from you guys and to see that the good work of the thread has not stopped.. Just to add a few info that you guys may need..

1. Pls if you travelling, go to market and get a good,thick jacket that u'll use for your trip especially if you have long stop-overs, and if you are not used to extreme cold like me.. Cos i was almost frozen at morroco and moreover the plane is always cold so if u like urself, better carry one sweet jacket..(i swear,,you will thank me later)

2. It doesnt really matter the bank u are using to pay for ur greencard.. I used Enterprise Bank and it was awesome.. So any bank is good as long as: A. Its mastercard and B. It has been activated for internet banking...

3. When paying ur Greencard fee,the 3-digit number at the back of ur ATM card is ur pin.. Dont even think about using ur normal 4-digits ATM withdrawal pin cos it wont work..

4. At POE i wasnt asked to switch my phone on, my bag wasnt searched at all and i wasnt asked any questions at all... I guess i GOT REALLY LUCKY because i saw the way a lot of people were scruntinized and searched thoroughly,how their foods and valuables were destroyed, how they asked them to switch on their phones and how so many phones and gadjets were destroyed too because they weren't able to turn it on, probably because their batteries died on the way to U.S, so save ur battery, 1 bar wont hurt a fly!

5. According to the newyork 103.5 ktu fm's news i heard that countries that posses the EBOLA disease WILL be barred from entering the U.S until the disease is cured permanently, as a measure to prevent the disease from spreading... The law has NOT yet been pass down or decided yet.. So ur prayers will go a long way for those who aren't yet in the U.S...

I thought it would be nice to say 'hi' after a while now, and i have to confess that i miss you all and that every nerve in my body cant wait to see all of You in the U.S soon smiley... Adeboy,Armba,Chijen, kaydaddy,lakesideforchrist,jehovahfavour,phazika and all the founding members (i cant remember all your names) HOPE you all have not forgotten me sha?? smiley.. For your sake u berra dont forget me because i still have my KOBOKO.

Welcome back my brother... I really appreciate the information u passed to us... It goes a long way.. Thank you and God bless you richly..

about the Ebola Virus.. We still praying and I believe it will never be out of control...

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 9:46am On Aug 14, 2014
Pipsland78: Happy to break the news that @Ikomboy is the latest Wells Fargo staff. May God continue to bless us and make us a blessing unto others.

Good news!!! congrats to Ikomboy.... we appreciate God on your behalf. Thanks to Pipsland78... God bless u richly.. Say me well to Jejelady .. I am heading to Texas and will be glad meeting our member's over there

justwise:

@ Moderator.. sorry I interrupted, isn't that Good for him to bring the news hear?? (Just wanna know incase) i mean no harm
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by BUSATOS: 9:57am On Aug 14, 2014
And what is wrong with the post if i may ask. Good news is all we are about.
justwise:

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maikeal: 9:57am On Aug 14, 2014
[\quote] @ Moderator.. sorry I interrupted, isn't that Good for him to bring the news hear?? (Just wanna know incase) i mean no harm [/quote]

i was about asking the same very question...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 10:03am On Aug 14, 2014
BUSATOS: And what is wrong with the post if i may ask. Good news is all we are about.

maikeal: [\quote] @ Moderator.. sorry I interrupted, isn't that Good for him to bring the news hear?? (Just wanna know incase) i mean no harm
i was about asking the same very question...

Adeboy007:
Good news!!! congrats to Ikomboy.... we appreciate God on your behalf. Thanks to Pipsland78... God bless u richly.. Say me well to Jejelady .. I am heading to Texas and will be glad meeting our member's over there
@ Moderator.. sorry I interrupted, isn't that Good for him to bring the news hear?? (Just wanna know incase) i mean no harm

See my attachment.

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maikeal: 10:07am On Aug 14, 2014
@justwise.... hmmmmm, VERY INTERESTING...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kentochi(m): 10:48am On Aug 14, 2014
kentochi:
hi
i sent you pm
pls how i apply for this is it still on?
How much will it cost me to try my luck.
Can you help me with there web site.
can somebody answer me pls.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by marymary14(f): 11:50am On Aug 14, 2014
Google Qatar airways /airline you'll get the link to their home page. Everything is self explanatory thereon.
kentochi:
can somebody answer me pls.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maikeal: 11:52am On Aug 14, 2014
@justwise, pls permit me to ask you just a quick question... Pls What measures have you guys taken or are currently taking to revive our page??.. Cos i dont understand this anymore.. I heard the site ''crashed'' but dv2013 thread pages which has way longer posts and some other thread pages are still intact..and our other thread created by obatide,(preparation and settling down in the U.S) thread has totally vanished into thin air or what they call 'OBLIVION'.LOL..pls what really happened to our page and can't it be UNDONE??.. Because i wanted to quote an old post but it was no where to be found ... Your answer will really make me undestand things cos i know you are the only qualified person i can ask that will give me the appropriate answers to my thoughts...(and by the way, u are our noble moderator)so that leaves me with no other options... Thank you in anticipation..

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.