Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (426207 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 12:00pm On Aug 14, 2014
maikeal: @justwise, pls permit me to ask you just a quick question... Pls What measures have you guys taken or are currently taking to revive our page??.. Cos i dont understand this anymore.. I heard the site ''crashed'' but dv2013 thread pages which has way longer posts and some other thread pages are still intact..and our other thread created by obatide,(preparation and settling down in the U.S) thread has totally vanished into thin air or what they call 'OBLIVION'.LOL..pls what really happened to our page and can't it be UNDONE??.. Because i wanted to quote an old post but it was no where to be found ... Your answer will really make me undestand things cos i know you are the only qualified person i can ask that will give me the appropriate answers to my thoughts...(and by the way, u are our noble moderator)so that leaves me with no other options... Thank you in anticipation..

I guess this thread will answer your question https://www.nairaland.com/1793151/concerning-catastrophic-loss-valuable-data

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rcha: 12:01pm On Aug 14, 2014
[size=15pt]MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE[/size]

Had an interview appointment at 1pm. reached the embassy at around 11:30. Waited for 1hrs and 15minutes. Then when inside the embassy had the security checked and then went inside. Took the token paid my$330 and then had my finger print taken, submitted my document. Then waited for the call of the interview. Was called half hour after the submission of document for the interview. The interview was at not at the window where other had the interview but at a special window inside a room. Got scared why this. The CO was a white lady. Went in then the interview began.
CO: Good Day
ME: Good Day
CO: Is the document u sent is true?
ME: …………….
CO: Do u have a university Degree?
ME:………..
CO: How many years degree is it?
ME:…………..
CO: Where do u plan to go to US?
ME:………………
CO: Who is there?
ME:……………….
CO: How many children do you have?
ME:……………
CO: Do u plan to get married before going to US?
CO: You visa has been approved come and collect at ….
ME: Thank u.
The interview lasted just 1min and I was said to collect the visa at following date. I could not believe I was asked just few question and a short time while for other it took about 5 min or more.
Learned a lot from this forum from the experience shared by all which has made my application successful.

4 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 12:43pm On Aug 14, 2014
kentochi:
hi
i sent you pm
pls how i apply for this is it still on?
How much will it cost me to try my luck.
Can you help me with there web site.

Welcome I have reply to ur PM

http://www.qatarairways.com/ng/en/homepage.page

@ Justwise.. now I copy that... Thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maikeal: 1:21pm On Aug 14, 2014
justwise:

I guess this thread will answer your question https://www.nairaland.com/1793151/concerning-catastrophic-loss-valuable-data

Thank you for candid response... I really appreciate it.. I guess ''bygones has to be bygones then''.. Touche, SMH.. sad
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
justwise:

See my attachment.

maybe the "hackers" have stopped?? undecided grin
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 1:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
shidoshi:

maybe the "hackers" have stopped?? undecided grin

grin grin your hand no clean
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 1:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
maikeal:

Thank you for candid response... I really appreciate it.. I guess ''bygones has to be bygones then''.. Touche, SMH.. sad

No worries.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 1:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
rcha: [size=15pt]MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE[/size]

The interview lasted just 1min and I was said to collect the visa at following date. I could not believe I was asked just few question and a short time while for other it took about 5 min or more.
Learned a lot from this forum from the experience shared by all which has made my application successful.
Congratulations my Asian guy... am happy for u dear brother from another country.. wink wink cheers
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by johnsonadex: 3:00pm On Aug 14, 2014
maikeal: Greeting to you all... I'm happy to hear from you guys and to see that the good work of the thread has not stopped.. Just to add a few info that you guys may need..

1. Pls if you travelling, go to market and get a good,thick jacket that u'll use for your trip especially if you have long stop-overs, and if you are not used to extreme cold like me.. Cos i was almost frozen at morroco and moreover the plane is always cold so if u like urself, better carry one sweet jacket..(i swear,,you will thank me later)

2. It doesnt really matter the bank u are using to pay for ur greencard.. I used Enterprise Bank and it was awesome.. So any bank is good as long as: A. Its mastercard and B. It has been activated for internet banking...

3. When paying ur Greencard fee,the 3-digit number at the back of ur ATM card is ur pin.. Dont even think about using ur normal 4-digits ATM withdrawal pin cos it wont work..

4. At POE i wasnt asked to switch my phone on, my bag wasnt searched at all and i wasnt asked any questions at all... I guess i GOT REALLY LUCKY because i saw the way a lot of people were scruntinized and searched thoroughly,how their foods and valuables were destroyed, how they asked them to switch on their phones and how so many phones and gadjets were destroyed too because they weren't able to turn it on, probably because their batteries died on the way to U.S, so save ur battery, 1 bar wont hurt a fly!

5. According to the newyork 103.5 ktu fm's news i heard that countries that posses the EBOLA disease WILL be barred from entering the U.S until the disease is cured permanently, as a measure to prevent the disease from spreading... The law has NOT yet been pass down or decided yet.. So ur prayers will go a long way for those who aren't yet in the U.S...

I thought it would be nice to say 'hi' after a while now, and i have to confess that i miss you all and that every nerve in my body cant wait to see all of You in the U.S soon smiley... Adeboy,Armba,Chijen, kaydaddy,lakesideforchrist,jehovahfavour,phazika and all the founding members (i cant remember all your names) HOPE you all have not forgotten me sha?? smiley.. For your sake u berra dont forget me because i still have my KOBOKO.

VO response to the bolded part:

I have not heard that this is being considered -- and believe me, we are monitoring the situation carefully, so if it were being considered, I would have heard it.

Right now the important thing for everyone to do is just to stay calm and stay safe! Wash your hands, seek medical help if you feel ill, don't eat undercooked food and avoid contact with persons who are visibly ill. These are good ideas in general, not just for Ebola! Remember, your chances of catching Ebola are actually very very small, especially if you follow these sensible guidelines.

I've heard credible reports of people drinking salt water "to protect themselves" -- please let people know not to do that. Drinking large quantities of salt water can make you very ill or even kill you.

As always, you have my word that if our travel policies change, I will let you all know about it right away.

END

So, lets everybody keep praying as Maikael suggested. Our effort will not be in vain IJN

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 15, 2014
felixfelix: Amen and so shall God put smiles on ur face 4 d great favour u wd meet b4 d co. I am only counting in days now 4 my testimony bro. U're blssd.
Amen bro
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 15, 2014
Adeboy007:

Welcome I have reply to ur PM

http://www.qatarairways.com/ng/en/homepage.page

@ Justwise.. now I copy that... Thanks
boss... pls did u contact Ddream77 recently? he PM me over a week now and i replied but never got respond from him since then. hope u hear from him
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 10:19am On Aug 15, 2014
StSteven:
boss... pls did u contact Ddream77 recently? he PM me over a week now and i replied but never got respond from him since then. hope u hear from him

Good day brother.... Ddream77 is actually not very happy right now with the situation of his visa status.. he has been asking questions on VO's thread about when the Administration processing of his Visa will be over and grant him visa approved.

But the responds he receives from LagosIV@state.gov giving him a doubtful mind if they will sort his case and complete Administration Processing and grant his visa approved before the end of 30th September the fiscal year.

Lets hope everything will workout for him before the aforementioned date
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cynthia4real: 11:15am On Aug 15, 2014
johnsonadex:

I have not heard that this is being considered -- and believe me, we are monitoring the situation carefully, so if it were being considered, I would have heard it.

Right now the important thing for everyone to do is just to stay calm and stay safe! Wash your hands, seek medical help if you feel ill, don't eat undercooked food and avoid contact with persons who are visibly ill. These are good ideas in general, not just for Ebola! Remember, your chances of catching Ebola are actually very very small, especially if you follow these sensible guidelines.

I've heard credible reports of people drinking salt water "to protect themselves" -- please let people know not to do that. Drinking large quantities of salt water can make you very ill or even kill you.

As always, you have my word that if our travel policies change, I will let you all know about it right away.

END

So, lets everybody keep praying as Maikael suggested. Our effort will not be in vain IJN
AMEN
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cynthia4real: 11:16am On Aug 15, 2014
johnsonadex:

END

AMEN ,
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Lakeside4christ(m): 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2014
Congratulatation to you elesinlekan and family...
V I S A A P P R O V E D.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Lakeside4christ(m): 2:00pm On Aug 15, 2014
Uhmmn...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cynthia4real: 5:38pm On Aug 15, 2014
rcha: [size=15pt]MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE[/size]

Had an interview appointment at 1pm. reached the embassy at around 11:30. Waited for 1hrs and 15minutes. Then when inside the embassy had the security checked and then went inside. Took the token paid my$330 and then had my finger print taken, submitted my document. Then waited for the call of the interview. Was called half hour after the submission of document for the interview. The interview was at not at the window where other had the interview but at a special window inside a room. Got scared why this. The CO was a white lady. Went in then the interview began.
No be say u buy am ooooo,na God do am 4 u, Congratulations.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Lakeside4christ(m): 6:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
Lakeside4christ: My fellow Green House,Help me Congratulate elesinlekan...
V I S A A P P R O V Eooo.
We both do our interview today...
But as 4 my own visa?
The C.O said we did not convince him dat d relationship btw me and my darling wife is bonafide one,
But i believ there's notin my God cannot do!
I pray dey should call us back before the end of d fiscal year.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by JehovahFavor(m): 9:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
Lakeside4christ: Congratulatation to you elesinlekan and family...
V I S A A P P R O V ED.
Congrats Elesinlekan and family on your visa approval, it can only be God. Happy for you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Lakeside4christ(m): 7:07am On Aug 16, 2014
Lakeside4christ: Congratulatation to you elesinlekan and family...
V I S A A P P R O V E D

Once again,congratulation....go live ur america dreams.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by eleshinleekan: 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
**********TO GOD BE THE GLORY*************
Interview experience.....
After some delays,we finally made our way to d interview hall,pay d visa fee,submission of docz..........
my daughter was eating her biscuit when our number finally buzzd...

Co; *to my daughter - hey, u want to give me some (biscuits) ?
Me..; was praying inside for her to say yes or good afternoon but my daughter was jus staring at him and finally said- your window is not open...your window is not open...lol.
Co; are u A.B.C.
Me; yes. I am A,this is B,and here is C. *swearing...*fingerprint... Co; ur highest qualificatn.
Me; bla...
Co; when did u finish ?
Me; bla...
Co; how many exams did u write? Me;bla... Co;How old is ur daughter? Wifey; *not want to be left out smiley. Bla...
Co; was she born through caesarian ?
Me; *a little surprised. Bla...
Co; u r so so age ?
Me; yes.
Co; you look older than ur age,just like myself.
#we both smiled. Co; where did u play d lottery
Me;@ a cafe next street to ours
Co;how much did they collect?
Me;btw N700-N1,000 we paid for d passport photo and airtime.
Co; have u played Visa lottery before?
Me; yes but I don't always bother to check d result.
**off interview(As a matter of fact,it was a man dat assisted us to play in his cafe that was looking up and down for me to tell me I won . He's not an agent o bcoz he didn't collect extra kobo from me)*
Co; was nodding...typed...circled. Okay, pick ur visa at......greencard........... Me;grabbed wifey nd kissed her on d forehead wink

Its all GOD! I only put in my effort and HE crowned it all.
*Special thanks to ALL Nairalanders and a special shout out to the brain behind Nairaland *Respect! GOD Bless America for the opportunity and GOD Bless Nigeria and help us attain our full potential-Amen.

#Observations and Advice- I discovered we carried d biggest bag among all,fully loaded with supporting documents ofcourse but after submitting d necessary docz,nothing was requested from us again. Not even our Photo album *Note -this doesn't mean people shouldn't go with necessary supporting docz,cases differ...The most important thing is to (1) Acknowledge GOD. None of us selected him/herself,Na GOD do am. (2)Prepare adequately *there is nothing like 'over-preparation'. (3) be cordial with pple in d interview hall and compose urself very well *couples should chat a lot while waiting for their turn nd try to crack jokes to ease tension. (4)Look around briefly and learn quickly.*no need to dey change seat. (5) if one of the couple is asked to go and sit while they interview d other d one being interviewed dnt need to repeat d question or shout so the other can hear. (6)The Co will only ask u what they expect u to know so jus be calm and answer as if u r chatting with a friend. No be JAMB. Lol

Met with @Lakesyd family inside d interview hall.I feel sorry for their denial but GOD knows best and he certainly know what is best for them. Wishing @Lakesyd family all the best.

Success to all looking forward to their chat with d CO by GOD's grace,Amen. GOD that counted myself and family among the permanent winners will do it for you all,Amen! Blesss!!!

7 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 16, 2014
eleshinleekan: **********TO GOD BE THE GLORY*************
After some delays,we finally made our way to d interview hall,pay d visa fee,submission of docz..........

Me..; was praying inside for her to say yes or good afternoon but my daughter was jus staring at him and finally said- your window is not open...your window is not open...lol.
Co; are u A.B.C.
Me; yes. I am A,this is B,and here is C. *swearing...*fingerprint... Co; ur highest qualificatn.
Me; bla...
Co; when did u finish ?
Me; bla...
Co; how many exams did u write? Me;bla... Co;How old is ur daughter? Wifey; *not want to be left out smiley. Bla...
Co; u r so so age ?
Me; yes.
**off interview(As a matter of fact,it was a man dat assisted us to play in his cafe that was looking up and down for me to tell me I won . He's not an agent o bcoz he didn't collect extra kobo from me)*
Co; was nodding...typed...circled. Okay, pick ur visa at......greencard........... Me;grabbed wifey nd kissed her on d forehead wink

*Special thanks to ALL Nairalanders and a special shout out to the brain behind Nairaland *Respect! GOD Bless America for the opportunity and GOD Bless Nigeria and help us attain our full potential-Amen.

#Observations and Advice- I discovered we carried d biggest bag among all,fully loaded with supporting documents ofcourse but after submitting d necessary docz,nothing was requested from us again. Not even our Photo album *Note -this doesn't mean people shouldn't go with necessary supporting docz,cases differ...The most important thing is to (1) Acknowledge GOD. None of us selected him/herself,Na GOD do am. (2)Prepare adequately *there is nothing like 'over-preparation'. (3) be cordial with pple in d interview hall and compose urself very well *couples should chat a lot while waiting for their turn nd try to crack jokes to ease tension. (4)Look around briefly and learn quickly.*no need to dey change seat. (5) if one of the couple is asked to go and sit while they interview d other d one being interviewed dnt need to repeat d question or shout so the other can hear. (6)The Co will only ask u what they expect u to know so jus be calm and answer as if u r chatting with a friend. No be JAMB. Lol

Met with @Lakesyd family inside d interview hall.I feel sorry for their denial but GOD knows best and he certainly know what is best for them. Wishing @Lakesyd family all the best.

Success to all looking forward to their chat with d CO by GOD's grace,Amen. GOD that counted myself and family among the permanent winners will do it for you all,Amen! Blesss!!!

congrats bro... so smooth interview! i pray my family own should just go lyk this. tho we dont have a baby yet to eat biscuit for the CO. Go live your American Dream abeg.We shall join u all over there IJMN

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 16, 2014
Adeboy007:

Good day brother.... Ddream77 is actually not very happy right now with the situation of his visa status.. he has been asking questions on VO's thread about when the Administration processing of his Visa will be over and grant him visa approved.

But the responds he receives from LagosIV@state.gov giving him a doubtful mind if they will sort his case and complete Administration Processing and grant his visa approved before the end of 30th September the fiscal year.

Lets hope everything will workout for him before the aforementioned date
AMEN... May God answer his prayers asap... May the good God that the entire Americans trust in help us all.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 7:31pm On Aug 16, 2014

Co; are u A.B.C.
Me; bla...
Co; when did u finish ?
Me; bla...
Co; u r so so age ?
Me; yes.

Congratulations to you the Horse Man, go leave your America dream .. I am so much happy for you ooo ...

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by felixfelix: 7:51pm On Aug 16, 2014

Co; are u A.B.C.
Me; bla...
Co; when did u finish ?
Me; bla...
Co; u r so so age ?
Me; yes.

Congrats. A bigining of greater blessings. To God be the glory.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by diskindgod: 9:19pm On Aug 16, 2014
Congratulations. My family key into your testimony.

Co; are u A.B.C.
Me; bla...
Co; when did u finish ?
Me; bla...
Co; u r so so age ?
Me; yes.

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Dekonjay(f): 6:59am On Aug 17, 2014
[quote author=Lakeside4christ][/quote]

@ Lakeside4christ, I'm so sorry your visa was not approved. It's not easy after waiting for so long to accept that it all didn't go as expected. God gives and he takes away. Every disappointment surely has a bigger and better blessing ahead. I pray that blessings are yours IJN. HAVE A BLESSED SUNDAY.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Dekonjay(f): 7:02am On Aug 17, 2014

Co; are u A.B.C.
Me; bla...
Co; when did u finish ?
Me; bla...
Co; u r so so age ?
Me; yes.

Congratulations to you and your family Sir. I pray our interview will be as smooth as yours. Counting the days now. -15 DAYS TO GO.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 7:08am On Aug 17, 2014
Dekonjay:

@ Lakeside4christ, I'm so sorry your visa was not approved. It's not easy after waiting for so long to accept that it all didn't go as expected. God gives and he takes away. Every disappointment surely has a bigger and better blessing ahead. I pray that blessings are yours IJN. HAVE A BLESSED SUNDAY.

The fact that he came out and post it here means he is a courageous one and God will show u and ur family a great blessing you deserve.. I av try to reach u since yesterday and ur no is not going tru .... @lakesides4christ

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 17, 2014
StSteven:
AMEN... May God answer his prayers asap... May the good God that the entire Americans trust in help us all.

"good God the entire Americans trust in"? Smh
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 17, 2014
@Shidoshi.... Why SMH for me nah?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by eleshinleekan: 12:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
diskindgod: Congratulations. My family key into your testimony.
Amen! Your success story is guaranteed IJN,Amen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.