Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,138 members, 7,860,087 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:31 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (429114 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagbabe: 5:33pm On Aug 19, 2013
buklan4real@yah:

yes ooooooo.
but i heard dat if u av d one frm bth dat include ur both parents name u can use dat too
every birth certificate includes both parent's name o!but maybe to be on safe sides,we wld all get d NPC birth cert.tanx tho
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 8:28pm On Aug 19, 2013
XYZZ: Dates for the DV-2015 program registration period will be widely publicized in the coming months. Those interested in entering the DV-2015 program should check the Department of State’s Visa web page for more details in September. I hope Nigeria will be eligible? i read somewhere that Naija is ineligible but i dont know how fact is it.

On the DV lottery page in Wikipedia, it says Nigeria won't be eligible for DV 2015 but no official confirmation yet. I pray we are eligible, many of my guys still has to win oooooo
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Demo81: 11:17pm On Aug 19, 2013
helooo house. Wen shuld we be exptin our 2nd notification.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Darhmee(f): 12:31am On Aug 20, 2013
Thanks XYZZ.. God Bless!

XYZZ: I don't think its a big issue, they might tell her to demonstrate some tailoring skill or they might not even ask her, it depends on the CO, but better-still, she should be ready for any question concerning her skill.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 10:30am On Aug 20, 2013
Demo81: helooo house. Wen shuld we be exptin our 2nd notification.

It's a matter of patience, I'll say maybe 2 weeks from now. People get their 2nl 4-6 weeks before their interview. It should start rolling out in September
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 10:38am On Aug 20, 2013
Precisely!U are right DEMO81.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by derricklucky: 10:48am On Aug 20, 2013
HELLO GENTLE MEN & WOMEN
I am a lucky winner from Cameroon, my CN is 2014AF00050xxx.
Pls honorable guys when can l expect my 2NL?
waiting.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 11:55am On Aug 20, 2013
You should get it soon..... probably first week of September or before den.
derricklucky: HELLO GENTLE MEN & WOMEN
I am a lucky winner from Cameroon, my CN is 2014AF00050xxx.
Pls honorable guys when can l expect my 2NL?
waiting.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by okeymen: 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2013
Darhmee: Hello guys.. Iv been following this thread for a while and I love the support and togetherness going on here.. But I have a question though.. My mom played and she won but she is qualified with work xperience not O'level.. So our case will be current by december hopefully but I do not know how she is gonna prove her work xperience ish (as the principal applicanth.. She has been a professional fashion designer for 27 years(she hasn't worked for anyone) after completing her training back then.. Pls How do we go about it? I hope it won't affect our visa or interview? Thanks in anticipation smiley

Qualifying based on work experience can be quite difficult so I dont envy her at all.

Anyway, there is a website that can be used to evaluate work experience and her job has to fall under Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) range of 7.0 or higher. in view of this, you may want to rethink the job title becasue fashion design seems not to meet this requirements. Please, dont let me pour cold water on her dreams. I just believe that the better prepared you are, the better your chances. A link to the job classification is http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/27-1022.00 and the requirements to qualify by work experience can be found at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1319.html

Lastly, someone who I belive to be in the best position to give advice from an insider position can be found in the thread https://www.nairaland.com/1359935/u.s-consular-officer-ask-me/13

I really wish her best of luck man.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by asimfageary: 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2013
Dears,

What about the Cn 2014AF000955**

When my interview will come due ?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Darhmee(f): 1:39pm On Aug 20, 2013
okeymen:

Qualifying based on work experience can be quite difficult so I dont envy her at all.

Anyway, there is a website that can be used to evaluate work experience and her job has to fall under Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) range of 7.0 or higher. in view of this, you may want to rethink the job title becasue fashion design seems not to meet this requirements. Please, dont let me pour cold water on her dreams. I just believe that the better prepared you are, the better your chances. A link to the job classification is http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/27-1022.00 and the requirements to qualify by work experience can be found at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1319.html

Lastly, someone who I belive to be in the best position to give advice from an insider position can be found in the thread https://www.nairaland.com/1359935/u.s-consular-officer-ask-me/13

I really wish her best of luck man.

Thanks Okeymen but i already checked the job zone page before writing this post originally and the SVP range for Fashion Design is 7 even tho it is in Job zone 3, do you think they refuse visa for people who are in job zone 3 category? And please what do you mean by the better prepared we are, the better our chances? Prepared in what sense?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ikomboy(m): 2:35pm On Aug 20, 2013
hello winners...For the police record:I've lived in 2 different states in Nigeria since I was 16. Am I supposed to get the police reports for the 2 states I lived in which is correct according to the police records section in this link http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4760.html or should I get the police report from Nigeria Police Force, Alagbon Close, Ikoyi, Lagos which is correct according to this link http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9704. I need someone to please clarify it because I'm confused...Are we supposed to get ONE AND ONLY ONE police record/certificate in Nigeria no matter the number of different places we have lived in since we were 16? Thanks a lot fellow selectees, we'll surely have causes to smile beginning from October this year as we get our visas. Amen.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by okeymen: 2:35pm On Aug 20, 2013
Darhmee:

Thanks Okeymen but i already checked the job zone page before writing this post originally and the SVP range for Fashion Design is 7 even tho it is in Job zone 3, do you think they refuse visa for people who are in job zone 3 category? And please what do you mean by the better prepared we are, the better our chances? Prepared in what sense?

Prepared in the sense as to defend whatever job title is put forward as the qualifying work experience.

Anyway, don't take anything i say too seriously. I referred you to a visa officer who has been online answering questions like this. He is in a much better position to give professional advice as well as personal opinions.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 5:41pm On Aug 20, 2013
ikomboy: hello winners...For the police record:I've lived in 2 different states in Nigeria since I was 16. Am I supposed to get the police reports for the 2 states I lived in which is correct according to the police records section in this link http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4760.html or should I get the police report from Nigeria Police Force, Alagbon Close, Ikoyi, Lagos which is correct according to this link http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9704. I need someone to please clarify it because I'm confused...Are we supposed to get ONE AND ONLY ONE police record/certificate in Nigeria no matter the number of different places we have lived in since we were 16? Thanks a lot fellow selectees, we'll surely have causes to smile beginning from October this year as we get our visas. Amen.

I believe you only need 1 police report from Alagbon.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 5:42pm On Aug 20, 2013
Talking of police report, how do you go about obtaining one from from a foreign country? South Africa to be specific.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by virginofafrica(m): 4:12pm On Aug 21, 2013
westcodes:

It's a matter of patience, I'll say maybe 2 weeks from now. People get their 2nl 4-6 weeks before their interview. It should start rolling out in September
yah you are right! I just called kcc to confirm my package and it is confirmed. And i went on to ask when i should be expecting my 2nl of which she said that they will start sending september 6 (according to her ) so i believe we should just start preparing before then. My case number is 0000603* any idea when my interview would be ?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by virginofafrica(m): 4:30pm On Aug 21, 2013
lagbabe: tanx buklan4real,pls will me d principal applicant not need d NPC birth cert?
i mean no rudeness. With all due respect ask questions that are technical not questions like "will they ask the principal applicant an NPC Certificate which are clearly stated in the official website.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 4:35pm On Aug 21, 2013
Thanks Virginofafrica. Ur message will still give a respite.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by virginofafrica(m): 4:41pm On Aug 21, 2013
westcodes:

I believe you only need 1 police report from Alagbon.
am sorry to object. from their official website it was clearly stated! that your police report should be obtain from the place you lived in the past six months. So give reference and not a definite answer "Alagon" i mean no rudeness :-) stay bless
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 5:03pm On Aug 21, 2013
Second notification letter don land ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 5:12pm On Aug 21, 2013
I recieved an email from noreply state gov but I just checked and it's same old 1st notification
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 5:27pm On Aug 21, 2013
Yesssssssssssssssssssss My interview has been fixed for 1 october.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 6:00pm On Aug 21, 2013
ernestleon: Yesssssssssssssssssssss My interview has been fixed for 1 october.

Congrats in adv... Wats ur case number?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 6:01pm On Aug 21, 2013
bukiemma:

Congrats in adv... Wats ur case number?
2760 Europe
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 7:14pm On Aug 21, 2013
People on other forums have confirmed receiving their 2NL..... Looks like the business is starting....
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 7:21pm On Aug 21, 2013
westcodes: People on other forums have confirmed receiving their 2NL..... Looks like the business is starting....
correct hot business
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 7:28pm On Aug 21, 2013
virginofafrica: yah you are right! I just called kcc to confirm my package and it is confirmed. And i went on to ask when i should be expecting my 2nl of which she said that they will start sending september 6 (according to her ) so i believe we should just start preparing before then. My case number is 0000603* any idea when my interview would be ?

My guess is November.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by virginofafrica(m): 7:39pm On Aug 21, 2013
Thanks for responding. Congrat to those of have recieve their 2NL. Waiting for my own God bless nairaland. Stay bless. Virginofafrica sign and out
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by seubis: 9:23pm On Aug 21, 2013
Has anyone received his or her 2NL in nigeria?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 9:49pm On Aug 21, 2013
seubis: Has anyone received his or her 2NL in nigeria?

Yea, did you bother reading the thread at all?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by seubis: 10:48pm On Aug 21, 2013
@ westcodes,I ve not received my 2NL,that's why I m asking cos my case number is very low 2014AF0002xx.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Vikktorr(m): 10:56pm On Aug 21, 2013
ernestleon: Yesssssssssssssssssssss My interview has been fixed for 1 october.

Go there and get your visa Bro. It's yours. When all your documents are in place, please list them out so folks can check to be sure nothing is missing.

I pray that all of us DV-2014 selectees on this forum get our visas at ease.

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.