Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,711 members, 7,820,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (426411 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by virginofafrica(m): 6:18pm On Sep 06, 2013
am sorry for theinconviness i might be coursing. america noni please can you explain this. Contact your high school to send an official transcript to SHSU. please kindly
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cherry120: 8:24am On Sep 07, 2013
Pls help...I am a selectee for the 2014 DV.I filled and submitted form DSP 122 and DS 230 in May,and was hoping to get a response from KCC via the post office box I submitted.Now I can't find my CN and a stranger filled the entry form for me at the cafe last year and I don't have the email to retrieve the confirmation number...I have sent an email to KCC already including details I filled on form DSP 122,my passport photograph as submitted on the form and supported with an affidavit from the court about notification of the loss and a police report to that effect...pls do I stand any chance of getting a positive response and getting back my CN as interviews are getting closer...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 9:25am On Sep 07, 2013
Cherry120: Pls help...I am a selectee for the 2014 DV.I filled and submitted form DSP 122 and DS 230 in May,and was hoping to get a response from KCC via the post office box I submitted.Now I can't find my CN and a stranger filled the entry form for me at the cafe last year and I don't have the email to retrieve the confirmation number...I have sent an email to KCC already including details I filled on form DSP 122,my passport photograph as submitted on the form and supported with an affidavit from the court about notification of the loss and a police report to that effect...pls do I stand any chance of getting a positive response and getting back my CN as interviews are getting closer...

You can retrieved your CN via dvlottery.state.gov
Follow the instruction there
I hope this helps?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cherry120: 1:58pm On Sep 07, 2013
Thanks for the info...I followed the instruction but it still requires the email with which I registered for the DV and I do not have it as all efforts to get the guy who played for me and gave me the lost confirmation number has been fruitless...if there's anyone out there who can help...pls do.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 07, 2013
Cherry120: Pls help...I am a selectee for the 2014 DV.I filled and submitted form DSP 122 and DS 230 in May,and was hoping to get a response from KCC via the post office box I submitted.Now I can't find my CN and a stranger filled the entry form for me at the cafe last year and I don't have the email to retrieve the confirmation number...I have sent an email to KCC already including details I filled on form DSP 122,my passport photograph as submitted on the form and supported with an affidavit from the court about notification of the loss and a police report to that effect...pls do I stand any chance of getting a positive response and getting back my CN as interviews are getting closer...

How did you know you were selected? Did you not write it on your sent forms?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 6:07pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bros, to retrieve ur CN does not require an e-mail. Pls, where or how did U confirm that U were selected? Some1 can not just send any number to U and U begin ur processing. If it genuine the site OBATIDE given to u will not request for ur e-mail.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by opeone: 6:21pm On Sep 07, 2013
Forumite, pls what is the meaning of 2NL.Thanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 6:38pm On Sep 07, 2013
opeone: Forumite, pls what is the meaning of 2NL.Thanks.

It means SECOND NOTIFICATION LETTER....
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cherry120: 7:57pm On Sep 07, 2013
Thanks for your concern everyone...I lost the confirmation number while moving houses and it does require the entry email to retrieve it and that has since been futile since I do not have the email...to the guy who asked how I knew I won,I didn't loose the numbers until August,submitted the forms(DSP 122 and DS 230) in may after confirming that I ve been selected from the same site posted by @obatide...if anyone knows how to help,I ll appreciate!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 8:27pm On Sep 07, 2013
Cherry120: Thanks for your concern everyone...I lost the confirmation number while moving houses and it does require the entry email to retrieve it and that has since been futile since I do not have the email...to the guy who asked how I knew I won,I didn't loose the numbers until August,submitted the forms(DSP 122 and DS 230) in may after confirming that I ve been selected from the same site posted by @obatide...if anyone knows how to help,I ll appreciate!
Send ur inquiry to lagosiv@state.gov as simple as I lost my case number and this is the number I will use to check my second notification... They will reply U with 3 working days if there will be a solution. All d best!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by virginofafrica(m): 9:06pm On Sep 07, 2013
Cherry120: Thanks for your concern everyone...I lost the confirmation number while moving houses and it does require the entry email to retrieve it and that has since been futile since I do not have the email...to the guy who asked how I knew I won,I didn't loose the numbers until August,submitted the forms(DSP 122 and DS 230) in may after confirming that I ve been selected from the same site posted by @obatide...if anyone knows how to help,I ll appreciate!
bro i have retrieved my com number several times. And it very easy. Please it does require email address. For now no idea. But i will suggest you to go and check in with the exact system you checked with the first time. Because when typing the confirmation number it will suggest some confirmation number which the system knows, and you can do yourself the favor of checking with all suggested confirmation number. It work for real! It may sound childish but i beleive it have some sense. Hope it helps.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Byaee: 11:42pm On Sep 07, 2013
obamaobama: guy over 140k where selected ok check this link http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_6050.html over 15k added last year 10k added

I have read the page, thanks but it is said there outright that all the winners have been notified already. Pls how did u know that only half wre notified. Did u add all the winners from each country and subtract from the 140,665 winners? Kindly let us know the validity of your assertion, or the basis of your assumption. This will help some of us rest assured, or eliminate any false hopes. Thank you very much.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Stillluvnaija: 7:48am On Sep 08, 2013
bro Olamoyegun,

1. Each applicant will need to obtain an original birth certificate issued by the official custodian of birth records in the country of birth, showing the date and place of birth and the parentage of the applicant, based upon the original registration of birth. Submit to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at your interview. Important Notice: All Immigrant Visa applicants must submit a long form original birth certificate. Short form birth certificates will not be accepted.

The certificate must contain the:

Person's date of birth;
Person's place of birth;
Names of both parents; and,
Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records.

hence, NPC ATTESTATION IS REQUIRED FROM HER TOO

source; http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4760.html

2. if you can get your transcript, its good but if difficult to get, gather some proof of studentship given by your institution and evidence of NYSC, with these I feel u r good to go.

wishing all of us success in our coming interviews.

i hope it helps?

Thanks for dat. You are great!. But I also read on the travel.state.gov website that the NPC attestation is given only for births after 1992! What happens for those of us that were born before then? I have a short form original (less than half page) birth certificate given to my parents at the hospital, is this acceptable considering that general birth certificate information says that short form birth certificates are not acceptable?

Secondly My wife does not have birth certificate and born before 1992, is NPC acceptable considering the below quote on the government website? Can you advise us please as both of us were not born in Lagos.

"
Documents
Birth and Death Certificates
Generally available, particularly for events occurring after 1970. Registration of births and deaths is compulsory in Lagos. The National Population Commission issues birth certificates for births after 1992.

For Lagos records, certified copies of records for dates ending with 1979 can be obtained at the Lagos State Ministry of Health, Old Secretariat, Ikeja, Lagos. For records after 1979, contact the local government that issued the original certificate directly. Most births and deaths outside of Lagos are also registered at the time of the event. Applicants can obtain certified true copies of certificates directly from the local government. Alternatively, acceptable identity/parentage documents are infant baptismal certificates and hospital or maternity clinic records of birth. Home births are rare in Nigeria and medical records are available in most cases. Affidavits may be acceptable as substitutes for documents for those born outside Lagos prior to 1960 or born in the eastern part of Nigeria in the 1960's at the time of the Biafran War, when presented in combination with convincing secondary evidence of relationship. "
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 3:12pm On Sep 08, 2013
Stillluvnaija:

bro Olamoyegun,

1. Each applicant will need to obtain an original birth certificate issued by the official custodian of birth records in the country of birth, showing the date and place of birth and the parentage of the applicant, based upon the original registration of birth. Submit to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at your interview. Important Notice: All Immigrant Visa applicants must submit a long form original birth certificate. Short form birth certificates will not be accepted.

The certificate must contain the:

Person's date of birth;
Person's place of birth;
Names of both parents; and,
Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records.

hence, NPC ATTESTATION IS REQUIRED FROM HER TOO

source; http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4760.html

2. if you can get your transcript, its good but if difficult to get, gather some proof of studentship given by your institution and evidence of NYSC, with these I feel u r good to go.

wishing all of us success in our coming interviews.

i hope it helps?

Thanks for dat. You are great!. But I also read on the travel.state.gov website that the NPC attestation is given only for births after 1992! What happens for those of us that were born before then? I have a short form original (less than half page) birth certificate given to my parents at the hospital, is this acceptable considering that general birth certificate information says that short form birth certificates are not acceptable?

Secondly My wife does not have birth certificate and born before 1992, is NPC acceptable considering the below quote on the government website? Can you advise us please as both of us were not born in Lagos.

"
Documents
Birth and Death Certificates
Generally available, particularly for events occurring after 1970. Registration of births and deaths is compulsory in Lagos. The National Population Commission issues birth certificates for births after 1992.

For Lagos records, certified copies of records for dates ending with 1979 can be obtained at the Lagos State Ministry of Health, Old Secretariat, Ikeja, Lagos. For records after 1979, contact the local government that issued the original certificate directly. Most births and deaths outside of Lagos are also registered at the time of the event. Applicants can obtain certified true copies of certificates directly from the local government. Alternatively, acceptable identity/parentage documents are infant baptismal certificates and hospital or maternity clinic records of birth. Home births are rare in Nigeria and medical records are available in most cases. Affidavits may be acceptable as substitutes for documents for those born outside Lagos prior to 1960 or born in the eastern part of Nigeria in the 1960's at the time of the Biafran War, when presented in combination with convincing secondary evidence of relationship. "

Just apply for attestation of birth from NPC, that definitely solved the problem I think.
I do hope it helps?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 3:25pm On Sep 08, 2013
Obatide:

Just apply for attestation of birth from NPC, that definitely solved the problem I think.
I do hope it helps?
what about those pple residing in Abuja and were given birth to in Lagos or Osun state. Can de get their attestation in NPC Abuja?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 4:52pm On Sep 08, 2013
komakan: what about those pple residing in Abuja and were given birth to in Lagos or Osun state. Can de get their attestation in NPC Abuja?

Definitely bro.
Just go to the NPC office there, u will be properly guided to start from LG of residence.
From 2013 trend, they said it cost btw 2500 and 3500 Naira.

Hope it helps?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 5:59pm On Sep 08, 2013
How do u know u were selected in the first place? Because its ur CN u ll use to check if u win or not. So something is not clear here.. Pls get ur question straight so that people can help.
Cherry120: Thanks for the info...I followed the instruction but it still requires the email with which I registered for the DV and I do not have it as all efforts to get the guy who played for me and gave me the lost confirmation number has been fruitless...if there's anyone out there who can help...pls do.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2013
XYZZ: How do u know u were selected in the first place? Because its ur CN u ll use to check if u win or not. So something is not clear here.. Pls get ur question straight so that people can help.

Thank you very much. I have been having that feeling all this while. I may be wrong though. But I'm very sure everyone has a photocopy of their forms with them which they can refer to in cases like this. Hope this guy is not trying to compromise somebody else's CN. His question is just strange... Pls house let's take a cursory look at it. But if I'm wrong, do forgive me. It's just my opinion.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 7:03pm On Sep 08, 2013
Obatide:

Definitely bro.
Just go to the NPC office there, u will be properly guided to start from LG of residence.
From 2013 trend, they said it cost btw 2500 and 3500 Naira.

Hope it helps?
I will do that. Thanks so much.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cherry120: 7:51pm On Sep 08, 2013
Thanks for your concern...I stated clearly in my first message that I lost the confirmation number when I moved houses.however,I have already filled the forms and attached my passport photographs and appended my signature including address and DOB,sent to KCC and was anticipating a response via the post office box.All these done in May but the unfortunate happened in August...the painful aspect is that I don't have the email to retrieve the CN as my entry was filled by a stranger whom I guess used his email...I have sent emails to KCC and the embassy in Lagos and am hoping something positive comes up.would appreciate any positive contribution on here too.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by tinacrl01(m): 8:35pm On Sep 08, 2013
shocked
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 08, 2013
Cherry120: Thanks for your concern...I stated clearly in my first message that I lost the confirmation number when I moved houses.however,I have already filled the forms and attached my passport photographs and appended my signature including address and DOB,sent to KCC and was anticipating a response via the post office box.All these done in May but the unfortunate happened in August...the painful aspect is that I don't have the email to retrieve the CN as my entry was filled by a stranger whom I guess used his email...I have sent emails to KCC and the embassy in Lagos and am hoping something positive comes up.would appreciate any positive contribution on here too.

But you have your other details to know when your 2nl comes in? I don't even know how you'll check for that.A stranger entering for you and the e-mail not known to you is not for your own good.You bear the responsibilities of any act done on your behalf. So just wait till you get current (not even a solution) and am never comfortable hearing people don't even document these things and populate them.

You better search very massively for your CN. This is one the reasons we tell people to write their CN on each form and attach via e-mail, the sent folder would have saved a copy.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 08, 2013
kevwe_flex:

Thank you very much. I have been having that feeling all this while. I may be wrong though. But I'm very sure everyone has a photocopy of their forms with them which they can refer to in cases like this. Hope this guy is not trying to compromise somebody else's CN. His question is just strange... Pls house let's take a cursory look at it. But if I'm wrong, do forgive me. It's just my opinion.

KCC won't even answer him and not even being a Nigerian will help. He should key sth to the browser he used to see if the history will pick it up.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 11:21pm On Sep 08, 2013
It's going to take a lot for you to get the CN out of KCC or the embassy for that matter. There is no harm in trying, what browser did you check on? Can you get in touch with whoever completed the application for you?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Americanoni: 11:39pm On Sep 08, 2013
Cherry120: Thanks for your concern...I stated clearly in my first message that I lost the confirmation number when I moved houses.however,I have already filled the forms and attached my passport photographs and appended my signature including address and DOB,sent to KCC and was anticipating a response via the post office box.All these done in May but the unfortunate happened in August...the painful aspect is that I don't have the email to retrieve the CN as my entry was filled by a stranger whom I guess used his email...I have sent emails to KCC and the embassy in Lagos and am hoping something positive comes up.would appreciate any positive contribution on here too.

When you were sending your form to kcc, you had the opportunity to change the e-mail address to which ever current one you will needing, I think I will advice that when there is any confusion you should try and call KCC, they will pick your call and give you vital information that will help you
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Americanoni: 11:40pm On Sep 08, 2013
ferdimako:

KCC won't even answer him and not even being a Nigerian will help. He should key sth to the browser he used to see if the history will pick it up.

They will answer him, he may have to prove that he is who he claim to be, or send his information by mail or which ever way they deem fit
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by okeymen: 9:31am On Sep 09, 2013
Please does anyone know where the NPC office in Port Harcourt is located?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by akintunde95: 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2013
pls i realy need help i want to send my forms to KCC and the date of birth in my international passport is not correct with the initial form i fill in octomber 2012 pls what can i do.......
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 1:34pm On Sep 09, 2013
6th Floor, Point Block, Rivers State Secretariat, PMB 5121 Port Harcourt
okeymen: Please does anyone know where the NPC office in Port Harcourt is located?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 1:51pm On Sep 09, 2013
okeymen: Please does anyone know where the NPC office in Port Harcourt is located?
6th floor, point block, river state secretariat. Phone. 23484234211.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Vikktorr(m): 2:20pm On Sep 09, 2013
akintunde95: pls i realy need help i want to send my forms to KCC and the date of birth in my international passport is not correct with the initial form i fill in octomber 2012 pls what can i do.......
Send the forms with the correct date of birth as per your international passport. Then you could send them an email or call to let them know of the change. Remember, if you are sending an email (which i think is more appropriate) please quote your name, confirmation number and date of birth.

Good Luck.

By the way, how come you can remember what you filled in your initial application? Is it possible to still check this? Thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by okeymen: 2:51pm On Sep 09, 2013
ukemeglitter: 6th Floor, Point Block, Rivers State Secretariat, PMB 5121 Port Harcourt
komakan: 6th floor, point block, river state secretariat. Phone. 23484234211.

thanks guys.

I sent my wife there today. it turns out that the NPC office in Port Harcourt is not actually at the state secretariat. Its address is No 10 Moscow road Port Harcourt which is still close to the secretariat anyway. I paid N3.5k for it and it takes 2 days (all things being equal). A passport picture of of my parents and an affidavit were required. hope this will be useful to someone out there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.